sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 sonicphc
Member since 2005 • 7779 Posts

Oooooh! Nifty title, huh? Yeah, just the word "Quantum" is cool. For those of you who don't know, quantum mechanics is the study of the physics of the atom.

However, I can't post the prompt quite yet. Yes, I know, you've waited so patiently, but I have to establish rules and such forst for those who have never participated before.

RULES:

Playing the RPG:

1) You may make a post at any given time provided you are not double posting. A post serves to advance the RPG in a story-like fashion. When you post, you basically write what happens next.
2) Posts only control the actions of your character(s) and NPC characters. Since you didn't create them, you'd have no way of knowing how somebody else's character would respond to something. However, when you want a certain thing to happen that would normally be illegal due to character controlling there is a bit of finess that you can use while staying within legal bounds. On the other hand, you cand do whatever you want with Non Player Characters (NPC), such as Sonic and friends. If you introduce a character mid-game, they are assumed to be NPC unless otherwise stated.
3) Thou shalt not kill. You can do whatever you want to NPC characters, but you can't kill other player's characters.
4) Make sure you're not doing something completely and totally wrong before you post. IE: Sonic's in Spain in the post above yours, and then your character is running in the Brazilian jungle when he meets Sonic. That can't happen because it's not physically possible, that is, unless you're dealing with some sort of alternate reality... *laughs thinking about prompt*

Creating your character:

1) Your character MUST HAVE a name, gender, species, and general description of what he/she looks like. Pictures are optional.
2) Your character is not God. Only God is God. It says so in the texts of multiple religions. Your character is not invicible, is not unstoppable, and can't destory the world at his whim.
3) That being said, it is recommended, but not required, that you mention when creating your character things such as age, abilities/powers, background infromation, personality, weaknesses, strenghts, etc. Whatever you want to write about your character, go right ahead. The only limits are those of your very own imagination (OMG that was cheesy. *gags self with spoon*)

Tips and such:

Playing the RPG:

1) If something doesn't line up, you will see one of the following things at the top of my next post: CAUTION, ALERT, and PLOT BREAK. Caution means that something doesn't look right and should be fixed in the nest post of those involved. Alert means that something is wrong or contradictory between two posts and that it needs to be fixed before those involved continue with the RPG, but others can still continue on. Plot Break means that something has gone horribly wrong and that, until it is fixed, all progress in the RPG needs to come to a halt.
2) Dodging character control rules. Now, I know this sounds odd, but you can work around the character control rule. Since you are only posting about your character(s), everything is percieved by them. For example, let's say you want someone else's character to reach over for a gun hidden underneath the table so your character panics and attacks them. Well, instead of breaking a rule by saying "Person X begins to reach under the table" you'd say "Dude thinks he sees Person X begin to reach under the table." By putting things in terms of your character's perception the other person can say that did or didn't actually happen. This can also work with dialouge. Instead of saying "Person X tells Dude 'be careful!' and Dude heads out." You'd say "Dude thinks he hears Person X utter something along the lines of 'be careful' and then heads out." See the difference? This can be nice to use occasionally, but don't use it more than a few times. You still want to actually interact with other characters.
3) Bending the rules for two characters can happen as long as you and the creator of the character discuss it in a PM beforehand. I have actually effectively killed a character in another RPG before, but the two of us talked it out beforehand and he agreed. Just make sure you tell us that you taked out the rule violation before hand so I don't call an Alert of Plot Break.
4) If you're confused, ask a question to make sure you don't trip a Caution, Alert, or Plot Break. Either make a post asking your question and the next person who posts in the RPG will answer it at the top of their next post or PM the poster of the thing youare questioning.

Creating your character:

1) Don't give away every last detail in a character background. A full bio can be too much to read, and saving some juicy plot details to unveil later can be fun.
2) Try and avoid having your character have serious previously established connections with already established Sonic characters. It's okay, but most people find they enjoy the RPG better when they don't. A small connection like "met in a bar once" or "was freed in the Prison Island breakout and saw Sonic there" is perfectly okay. Something like "Was best friend with Sonic as 5 year olds" really isn't (unless you're talking about alternate plains of reality...)

I think that's just about everything. If I forgot something, just post it. Otherwise go ahead and start creating your characters. I'll have the prompt up either tomorrow or wednesday and the RPG will officially start most likely next Monday.

If you have any questions, ask them in a post or PM me.

Dark_Mits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#2 Dark_Mits
Member since 2005 • 1698 Posts
Okay, I'll start with the questions:

1) Is the RPG an open-ended world where we act like in real life and stuff, or does it have a plot/path like traditional RPGs and we just take sides of either the good or bad (or neutral) side?
2) Can our characters belong to species already used in the Sonic Universe or do we have to take out our biology book? Also, can we be robot forms of any species (we'll think of how we were created later)?
3) Can some character traits (like abilities) be identical or shared to already existing characters?
4) If I have understood it correctly, we will create our characters sort of like in D&D games, right?
5) Will interactions be only of the conversation type (eg. "Hey player1, long time no see!", LOL) or will there be battles (eg. "Player1 used action1 ->Effect1 on Player2")?
6) Can we create and post our characters on this topic, or will we do so in the official topic (I expect this topic to be only a rules and questions topic)?

Sorry for all those questions, I'm interested now and want to make sure I don't go against the rules or do something unfair.
SonicHomeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 SonicHomeboy
Member since 2005 • 6779 Posts
Can I go ahead and post my character here?
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sonicphc

1) Completely open ended. The prompt just sets things up, but the plot can go anywhere from there. There's no "game master" or anything like that. If you post it, it happens.
2) Anything is okay. I've seen hedgehogs, foxes, ghost pirate koalas, and metal armadillos. Even humans are okay.
3) Yes. Your character does not have to be completely original in abilities. I have seen characters where all of their abilities were copies of other character's abilities and some where all of the abilities are completely original, and then there's some with a mix and some with no powers at all besides physical strength.
4) Um... I've never played D&D, so I'm not exactly sure how to answer the question. If you're talking abot stats and stuff like HP, Mana, Sprituality and stuff, then no.
5) Here's an example of character interaction, both conversational and battle:
POST 1: Kyson punches Laura in the face, sending her flying backwards into the wall behind her. "HA!" he scoffs, "Is that all you've got?"
POST 2: Laura gets to her feet. "Not even close!" She sends a blast of telekenetic energy at Kyson, paralyzing him. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have other buisness to attend to." And with that she pulls a chaos emerald out of her pocket and uses Chaos Control to teleport away.
As you can see, it's more of the first.
6) This is the official topic for the RPG, so post your characters here. The prompt will appear here in just a bit.

I hope I've answered your questions well enough. If you have more, don't hesitate to ask.

SonicHomeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SonicHomeboy
If I could, I was thinking about making a few changes to my character, but I'm not so sure if I want to.
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sonicphc
Do whatever you want. Remember, nothing has to carry over. I'm making a few tweaks to Kyson (mostly the characters he hangs around).
Dark_Mits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Dark_Mits
Okay then! This is my character:

Name: Eternum the Chameleon
Species: Chameleon (duh...)
Physical Description: Think something like Espio, since he's an Espio rip-off. Main color is Aqua (Light Blue) and has pitch-black eyes. Add some hairs like Tails has in his forehead colored crimson-red. Add a little extra weight (not fat, but not slim).
Abilities/Powers: Partial Invisibility, like Espio, but the outline can be seen (as a thin line), which makes him easier to be detected at LOW-LIGHT than full light. Invisibility Detection which he can only utilise when invisible. Cannot remain invisible for too long. Low physical strength.
Personality: Nor good nor evil. Will act only if he sees some profit or fun. Likes making jokes that most of the time are not funny. Gets bored easily, especially if a task seems daunting. Likes to sleep a lot and play video games.
Weaknesses: Afraid of heights. Can get tricked easily.
Additional Info: New character, no relation to any other character, no friends so far, will start making in the RPG.

That's a non-exhaustive bio of my character. Some abilities have been excluded but will be revealed later if they are required (don't worry, they are not something powerful).

If something is not okay, please tell me so that I change it.
SonicHomeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SonicHomeboy

Name: Eddie (I want to use my own name)

Species: Wolf

Fur: White

Clothing: brown leather jacket, white shirt, blue cargo jeans, and tennis shoes

Class: Fighter

Background: Eddie spent all of his life in the city, mainly Station Square. He is a genius when it comes to computers since he spent most of his time around them either creating his own game or helping out as a technician. When he's not around computers, he spends most of his time perfecting his fighting skills at a gym, hanging out with friends, or playing a video game. He is also able to run about half to three-quarters the speed as Sonic which is great asset to his fighting skills. His main goal in life is to be a game designer. So, what's with his fighting skills? His was born into a family who were protectors against evil forces, and it became a tradition that any wolf be taught these skills. Other times, he claims it to a side job as he helps young kids being picked by bullies. He hopes to fight along with to Sonic and battle against one of Dr. Eggman's schemes.

Personality: Eddie's an introvert when you come across him. Once you get to know him, he is a very loyal and confident person, and he never backs down from a fight. However, you have to earn his respect if you want to be friends with him.

Other info: His skills have improved the last time we saw this wolf. Even though he's still quiet and reserved, people are starting to trust him and his family more. The only true friend he's made is Kyson.

Hope this is good. If anything needs to be changed let me know.

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sonicphc

Name: Kyson
Species: Hedgehog
Image(s):
I made that Sprite Sheet a while ago.
Age: About 17. He's not quite sure since he doesn't know how long he's been in stasis and the hedgehogs use a calendar with different names for the months than humans.
Personality: A little bit on the reserved side around humans he doesn't know due to still developing human-like social skills. Around those he's friends with and non-humans he's very outgoing and very sarcastic. Has a bit of a hero complex, though he denies it. Incredibly hyper and band related functions.

Tech (abilities, sort of. Read bio):
-Tech/Energy absorption device
-Holo-solid projection device
-Mace/Baton technology accessors
-Electric/Thermo/Light Chaos/Dark Chaos energy converters
-Time distorsion device
-Sound generation device

Bio:
    Kyson was captured in a raid by a combined wolf/human raid on his village. The humans took him to an underground lab as part of project SONIC-D. The project focused on trying to find what allowed animals to have the power they do and human-like qualities, and to use that enhancement to make super-humans. Unfortunately, the project had to be temporarily postponed due to an outbreak on prison island and chaos on the abandoned space colony ARK.
    One of the humans that was to be tested on, Marcus, managed to escape during this time by taking out a patrol beetle with a homemade spear from parts from his cot and stealing the card-key contained within. In somewhat of a righteous fury, Marcus tried deleting all of the project files, but he couldn't read the computer as it was written in multiple different languages, so he just pushed lots of button until a "delete" message was shown on the screen. In the process, however, he ended up releasing Kyson from cryogenic stasis.
    Kyson raided the base for anything he could use. He found the time distortion device and holo-solid projector, took them, and then followed Marcus outside the base. Outside was an incredibly high-tech boarding school. Kyson followed Marcus stealthily to his room and then overtook him. Marcus explained what he thought happened. Kyson accepted it and they became friends. Marcus hacked the system and entered a false student, "Paul Damien," into the system and made them roommates. Kyson was worried he'd have no way of knowing how to act in the human world, so Marcus enlisted him in the band program, because nobody in a marching band is normal.
    Through some experimentation Marcus and Kyson discovered that Kyson had installed in him as part of the project a tech/energy absorption device which installed things into his systems. Kyson managed to absorb the two devices he stole. Marcus built the sound device for him. Powers were something new to Kyson, but now that he had them, he couldn't return them. Kyson came to love the band program and designed all of his abilities after musical terms and symbols. His two technology accessors are a drum-major mace (what he's spinning in my icon) and a conductor's baton.

Weaknesses:
    While Kyson does have some very powerful options available to him, especially that ability to absorb energy and release very powerful beams of pure energy, he is not without weakness. The gauge on his left arm shows the amount of energy he has left. More powerful moves require more energy. Should he run out, the technological systems in his body shut down and he loses consciousness, but he is kept alive by his biological systems. Also, due to the high concentration of metals in his system, some metallic patches show on his spines. Kyson and large magnets don't get along well at all. Kyson cannot use Chaos Powers in any form, but can take advantage of the fact that Chaos Emeralds contain infinite energy.

Other notes:
    Kyson does have other... eccentric friends at school who are willing to fight. Marcus is the techie, but Sparky and Bryan have powers of their own, but they'll be introduced later in the RPG.

BTW: I know my bio is a bit on the long side. I don't expect anybody to write one as long as that.

Dark-Mits: Your character bio is great. No worries.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts
Name: Phoenix Species: Hedgehog Age: 24 Gender: Male Bio: A former gang member of Station Square that used terrorize the city, Phoenix was a young recruit. The gang specialized in torturing captured cops and robbing banks. When the gang was finally caught, Phoenix was the only member that escaped from the authorities, and realized what horrible things he had done and decided to make up for it. Phoenix spent the next few years as a hero of the city, helping those in need when the police wasn't there. After a few years Phoenix joined G.U.N. where he became the top agent on the force. Along the way Phoenix made a friend named Brian, who was also an agent for G.U.N. Dispute being human, Brian is capable of things than many of the other human agents on G.U.N. Personality: Phoenix is very serious and can also be very aggressive, sometimes makes wisecracks once in awhile, always takes it apon himself to save the day even if it means risking his own life, is very quiet most of time, but can also be very friendly. Apperence: Phoenix is a red hedgehog, his hair style is similar to Sonic's but has black streaks in his hair, wears jet black shoes, a black trench coat, and a black fedora on his head. Power: Phoenix is quick and has great fighting skills and can jump very high, and has the power to use the Chaos Emeralds Weapons: Phoenix lacks special powers, so he relys on various weapons to help him beat foes, his favorites are two .40 automatic handguns, and a glove with 6 inch straight razors attached to each finger for "close encounters."
Platyphyllum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#11 Platyphyllum
Member since 2005 • 8105 Posts
Name: Mask the Bat

Species: Bat

Bio: Mask the Bat is a travelling bat, looking for opponents to fight. He's travelled around the world to many various places. He prefers to stay hidden and if he must go out in public, he always wears a mask. He carries along a cart which contains all of his masks in them and his masks never fall out. He doesn't remember his childhood very well and cannot even recall a single memory when he was before the age of 10. He's very intelligent and knows how to analyze a situation very well. Each mask he wears gives him a special power depending on the forbidden the mask. Just like Rouge the Bat, he can sense when a strong energy force is near such as a Chaos Emerald. He can turn invisible but he can only do so once a day. He can glide like Rouge but a lot faster than Rouge but cannot fly directly upwards like Rouge can sometimes (like in Sonic Heroes).

Mask was once involved in an incident in Station Square in which an ancient evil named Talons helped out Dr. Eggman by giving him a machine, capable of destroying anything in it's path! Mask and his other friends were able to stop it however, through the sacrifice of a friend! Now  Mask is back to just travelling around the world looking for newer, stronger opponents to fight! So far his life has been just as usual, but is it about to change? (Yeah, I kinda copied this from the Sonic RPG in my union)

Special Abilities: His Masks, Invisibility, Gliding, Various attacks using his Cart, Intelligence, Double Jumping, Climbing on Walls

Weaknesses: Can't jump too high since his cart can sometimes pull him down.
caseywokos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 caseywokos
Member since 2006 • 431 Posts

Name: Crimson

Species: Cardinal

Height: 3'2

Bio: Originally a Babylon Rogue, Crimson became resentful of his duties as a thief and moved to the United Federation.  After pulling a few strings, Crimson was accepted to G.U.N.'s East Point Officer training school, graduating amongst the top of his class.  As a young Lieutnant, Crimson soon proved that he was a strategical mastermind.  Despite this, Crimson cared for his men and would put himself in front of them willingly could he have, and was extremely well respected.  His performance was highly exceptional throughout every campaign that he was put into, and he continued to get promotion after promotion.  However, Crimson's loyalty to duty sometimes caused him to take heavy casualties.  Eventually, he achieved the rank of 4-Star General at the age of just 24.  He was also the only non-human ever to achieve such a rank.  Shortly thereafter, a huge military coup d'etat broke out in the country of Soleanna, with rebel forces trying to re-establish royal rule over the current dictatorship.  G.U.N., who had put the dictator in power, sent Crimson and the 1st Army to help relieve his forces.  Many heinous crimes were performed by G.U.N. soldiers on rebel villages, including new weapon experiments.  All of these were done behind Crimson's back until one such incident, where a new chemical weapon was being tested on one of the larger villages.  The village population was nearly wiped out, and those who hadn't died where contracting horrible disease. The incident became so large that direct orders where sent to Crimson to wipe the village off the map and clean up the evidence of the war crimes his men had commited.  He was shocked at this.  This wasn't why he had joined G.U.N.  G.U.N. was commiting crimes that they swore they would prevent.  Crimson refused to give the order at this, and was therefore courtmartialed to the highest extent.  His superiors then gave the order and another commander was sent in to replace him.  During his trial, Crimson faced the death penalty.  At first it seemed little likely that he would be set free, but the Judge eventually became sympathetic.  Because of this, G.U.N. ordered his assassination.  They would clean up and make an excuse for his death just as they did the crimes they committed in Soleanna.  Crimson somehow evaded this and a huge hunt that followed (Which he still can't understand why).  He then defected back to the Babylon Rogues, where he worked alongside them for a short period of time.  He eventually escaped to the new Soleanna, where he was given honorary citizenship from Princess Elise.  He now rarely uses weapons anymore (and the weapons he does use are all non-lethal) and travels frequently.  He has become friends with Mighty the Armadillo.  He has met up with his former comrades, the Babylon Rogues on several occasions, most of which were not friendly.  He has dedicated himself to fighting that which he considers to be an evil cause, whether it be G.U.N. or Eggman, always being careful that he doesn't make another huge mistake and end up doing the wrong thing.  He has never met Sonic or any of his friends except Mighty yet.  He likes to study military history and has an IQ of roughly 150.  Although not as smart as Eggman or Tails, he is the most clever and uses his strategical ability to outsmart his enemies using military tactics.

Abilities:  He carries all of the regular abilities that most Sonic characters have, such as fast running and spin-dash, but his main weapon is his strategical mind, which he uses to outsmart his opponents.

Personality:  Crimson is regularly in a very serious mood.  He has a sense of humor, but it is faint.  He is very selfless and will put himself in dangers way to defend the hopeless and less fortunate no matter what the consequence.

Appearance: Crimson is, like his namesake, a dark red color.  His face is black, he has yellow eyes, and has yellow shoes with red trim.  He also still wears a G.U.N. military kneepad on his right leg during certain occasions, the reason for which is unknown.

Weaknesses:  Can be easily lead into a trap when he is in a hurry.  Also note that he hasn't practiced his natural powers much since he was serving in military.  Therefore he is rusty in many areas and falls behind as compared to other Sonic characters.

bigmouthkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#13 bigmouthkid
Member since 2006 • 3425 Posts

Name: Crash

Species: Hedgehog

Bio: Former companion with Shadow the Hedgehog. He has ripped muscles, spikes on the back of his head like Shadows, light orange and black fur, likes to run and fight, used to work with Doctor Eggman but then betrayed him and he is also a ladies man.

Abilities: Super Speed, Super Strength, Ability to cause earthquakes and Chaos Controll.

Avatar image for deactivated-60105f7608809
deactivated-60105f7608809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 deactivated-60105f7608809
Member since 2006 • 4298 Posts
Ok. I'll add mine. :) Name: Lucero Spanish to English translation: Bright Star AKA: "The Traveler of Light" First appearance: Sonic Renegade: The Traveler of Light Species: Hedgehog Gender: Male Birthdate: January 15 Age: 14 Wears: Baseball Cap, Baggy Jeans, Boots and Gloves Fur: White Hairstyle: Similar to Sonic's, but longer. Alter Ego: The Traveler of Light Powers: Speed, Elements (Fire, Water, Earth and Air), Light, Darkness and Time Source of Powers: The Traveler of Light Weapons: Sword, Guns and the powers he uses. Nationality: Hispanic American Backgrounds: U.S., Argentina, Mexico and Italy Likes: Speed, Cars, Faith the Hedgehog, Equality, Video Games and many more. Dislikes: Racism and Talking about politics to say the least. Height: 3' 5" (2 inches taller than Sonic) Weight: 78 lb. Girlfriend: Faith the Hedgehog Friends: Faith, Zayne and Rival Background: Not telling... Personality: Lucero has a complex personality. It depends what happens around him. He always has a smile on his face. No one knows that Lucero has a secret, not even Lucero knows it. He is The Traveler of Light.
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sonicphc

Figured I might as well introduce Kyson's human friends. They don't play nearly the part Kyson plays in the RPG, but show up from time to time. I'm just putting them out now because they are NOT NPC.

Name: Brien Galleum III
Species: Human, White
Description: Wears black tops and camo pants. Very tall, pointy, blonde hair (think Final Fantasy).
Abilities: Incredible, almost unfailing accuracy with weaponry
Bio: Brien is enlisted in the military program at the Government school Kyson and Marcus attend, mostly because he's not really bright enough to do anything but shoot guns, but he does that very well. He is incredibly loyal to his friends and... his guns. He has sort of an obsession with guns... and ninjas. Just don't try to take his guns away or attack his friends and he gets along well with mostly anyone. When Brien learned that Paul Damien was really a hedgehog by the name of Kyson under holographic disguise, Brien asked "WOW! Did you get a haircut?" and wanted to know where he went to get his name changed.

Name: Kristina "Sparky" Haydn
Race: Human, Albino (almost)
Description: Due to an accident (see bio) Sparky's hair and skin are almost completely washed out of color. She wears very ordinary clothes around school, but wears flowing primary colors when in costume for fighting.
Powers: Ability to manipulate electricity. Started off with simply firing electrical charges but has developed to generating electro-magnetic fields and manipulating small, metallic objects with them.
Bio: Sparky is a musician. She can play almost every instrument in the school's music department and has composed a symphony or two. She has a very sharp attitude and gets what she wants when she wants it. Her powers came from an accident in physics while experimenting with high voltage lasers. Of course, the cause of the accident was none other than Brien, and Sparky chased him all around campus after seeing what it did to her skin and hair. In a flash of anger, she ended up igniting the seat of Brien pants with an electrical spark, and thus her powers were discovered. Upon learning of Paul Damien's secret, all Sparky could say was, "Well, that explains a lot. So I WAS right in calling you a freak the other day."

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sonicphc

GASP! I'm going to put up the prompt! YAY!

However, make note of this, the RPG doesn't start until Monday, February 26th. Why? Time for people to ask questions about the prompt and for more people to put their characters in before the RPG starts. If you have any questions about the prompt or the RPG in general, ask away.

THE PROMPT:

Scientists have claimed that while the macroscopic world follows set rules, such as the universal law of gravitation. They also claim that the very microscopic world is chaotic with no set order except that it does not follow an order. Some claim that down on the smallest level, smaller than an atom, proton, quark, or any smaller subdivision of matter, there lies a random, vibrating plane or string that is pure energy. It transverses all dimensions, all alternate realities, every possibility that could ever exist that that "string" may be involved in the past, present, and future of the universe. However, this "string theory" is just what it's name says it is: a theory. It is unconfirmed, and only one of many possible explanations for how the world works.

In a series of experiments, an acclaimed professor of physics, chemistry, and biogenetics and forerunner in his fields, Dr. Gerald Robotnik tried to uncover this secret of the universe. Though the bulk of his research was focused on Codename:Shadow, the doctor still had other projects. All was going well with his many projects until his combined works were deemed to dangerous and they were all shut down, or so they thought.

Dr. Ivo Robotnik, with the help of Shadow, managed to activate and use as a weapon the "Eclipse Cannon," a weapon with the power to destroy entire planets. All they needed to know was that the cannon could force the leaders of the world to bend to their will, but perhaps they should have done some more research, for so much power in a mechanical device would require more than a boost from the Chaos Emeralds.

Dr. Gerald had discovered how to "break" a string. With the right amount of power and precision a string could split, unleashing enough energy to break the strings next to it, and the strings next to those, and so on and so forth until the initial energy of reaction died. The chain reaction with only a medium-large startup force could cause massive devastation, enough to, say, rip apart half of a moon.

But ripping a string has effects greater than devastation in the current reality. The string is broken in all realities, and the other realities have to compensate somehow...

Two stunning cases, one investigative and one medical, went nearly unnoticed by the public. A man disappeared off the face of the earth, and a female, talking cat who claims her "soul is alit with fire" suddenly sprung into existence. No evidence was ever found, and the case was dropped. About a few months later a red haired man went to go purchase his lunch. When he came back, his coworkers noticed that half of his body was completely different in hair and skin color. The man fell into seizures and was rushed into the hospital. He died of internal bleeding as his blood vessels did not connect across the middle of his body.

Somehow this stunning occurrences never made it into the mainstream media, but some people did take notice...

Dr. Ivo Robotnik, or Eggman as he now is often called, holds in his hands a lunar chart. The dates of these occurrences were on exact lunar cycles from the firing of the eclipse cannon. He laughs, "Ho HO! So there was more to that cannon than I thought. Who knows what this could do for my war machine! HA HA!"

The president sits at his desk with a large file placed before him. It dictates precisely 17 previously undocumented strange occurrences in third world countries, each occurring on the exact day of a full moon. The president sighs. "It's been one and a half years, but the Doctor's legacy still lives on, just as he promised us in his execution video." He rubs his forehead in anxiety. "Bring me some aspirin. It's going to be a long year of political negotiations, so make it extra strength."

And one other noticed. It's been a year and a half, that's what the president says, so why only 17 cases instead of 18? Case 18 knows exactly why on this most recent full moon. As the silver hedgehog stands on the rooftop of a skyscraper, overlooking the city below, he wonders how a world so happy as this one exists, when his is so full of pain, death, and destruction. Using his telekinetic powers, he floats from building to building, hopelessly searching for answers...

Okay, I know that's a lot to take in. The part about "string theory" I didn't make up. The entire first paragraph is pretty much taken from NOVA and a research report I did in 8th grade. The stuff about "breaking" a string and the dimensions compensating, however, I did make up.

Remember: The RPG does not officially start until Monday, so don't make a story post until then. Feel free to ask questions. If you haven't created a character, you still can, and can forever. You may even create a character and join long after the RPG has started. Until then, please ask whatever questions you have about the RPG in general or the prompt.

Dark_Mits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Dark_Mits
This is more interesting that I expected! I already have thought how my character will get involved in this story.
xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 xdude85
Phoenix's G.U.N. partner, Name: Brian Danson Age: 23 Species: Human Gender: Male Bio: Brian first joined the army when he was 18 and fought in Afghanistan, and Iraq. Brian then later resigned from the army and joined G.U.N. to help out the people of the counrty. When he was just a trainee he was assigned to Phoenix as his partner. Phoenix was relectant at first but soon Phoenix and Brian became best friends. Personality: Brian is more easy-going and easier to along with, but in a time of crisis, he gets serious and just like Phoenix, he also put his life on the line to save someone. Apperance: Brian wears a black suit, a white collared shirt, and a black tie, has and has short brown hair. Weapons: Even though Brian is human and has no powers, he has great fighting skills, excellent use of firarms due to the military training he went through, Brian also carries two .40 automatic handguns with him just like Phoenix.
SonicHomeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SonicHomeboy
Wow. What a prompt.
Platyphyllum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Platyphyllum
The story sure seems complicated but I understand this "string" theory...I think. Well, I might understand it more once the RPG starts.
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sonicphc
You don't actually need to understand the String Theory itself, but what the ripping of the string by the eclipse cannon did. The thing that's going to come into play the most is the inter-dimensional stuff, which, since we're dealing with every possibility in existance according to the theory, leaves infinite possibilities for the players.
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sonicphc

Okay, this RPG starts today, so you can begin posting, woo!

By the way, if you're reading this and haven't created a character yet, remember that you can create a character and jump in at ANY TIME.

I have a rehearsal to run too that starts in an hour minutes and is 45 minutes away, so I have to cut and run right now, but everyone else can go ahead and post. Remember, you can post as many times as you want per day provided you don't post twice in a row.

caseywokos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 caseywokos

Location: Union Aerospace Corporation Genome Research Labs, Northern Alaskiana

Struggling to walk through the snow, Crimson approaches the large Concrete building in the middle of the forest.  The Union Aerospace Corporation, or U.A.C., was at one time one of the worlds largest corporate entities, specializing in Energy, Teleportation Experiments, Bioresearch, and Aerospace Technology was at the forefront of all military experimentation and was directly funded by G.U.N.  Although externally the company was known for it's attempts to discover medicine to fight diesease, discovering better ways to use energy, and invent new defense technology, the corporation had a secret sinister side.  Hundreds of innocent were captured and experimented on for projects such as it's Genome Research Program.  The corporation claimed that it only experimented on death row criminals.  About 15 years ago, an undercover G.U.N. agent infiltrated one of their labs after hearing rumors, and found it to be incredibly repulsive.  After reporting the company to his superiors, G.U.N. pulled it's funding of the corporation and it crashed in the stock market.

After approaching the fence of the property, Crimson synchronized the watch that he took with him.  Every 30 minutes, an unmanned G.U.N. aircraft would fly by and scan the area for intruders.  The fence was protected by several rows of barbed wire, but Crimson hopped it easily and approached the entrace, where one of the two heavy security doors was left slightly ajar.  The floor was littered with useless debris, as Crimson passed through the security checkpoint.  He soon came to a large sign, it's letters written in red and the light above it still flickering.  "Offices/Labs".  The arrow pointed directly forward so Crimson followed.  Passing a large storage room, Crimson peered inside to see thousands of burnt documents stacked in piles, obviously set aflame to destroy the evidence of the U.A.C.'s crimes.

"Who knows what else they were doing here", Crimson whispered to himself.  He left the room and continued towards the offices.  "Carmack", "Willits", "Ah, Betruger".  Crimson opened the door quietly, first shining his flashlight around the room until finding the computer, crossing his fingers he approached, hoping that it's memory hadn't been erased.  He remembered the bedtime story of Dr. Malcolm Betruger very well.  After years of experience in Bioresearch, Betruger become one of the U.A.C.'s most acclaimed scientists, and then eventually promoted to the U.A.C's director of all research.  He was considered one of the most evil people to have ever lived, although his legacy was vastly overshadowed by Eggman.  He performed medical experiments and new weapon tests on Animals and humans alike that is rumored to have killed thousands.  After the U.A.C. went under, he disappeared and was never seen again.

Crimson turned on the computer.  It's memory, remarkably, had not been deleted.  Crimson brought a floppy disk with him that he placed into the hard drive.  He downloded all of the files in Betruger's journal.  As he did this, he noticed a picture of the notorious doctor himself on the desk.  Crimson picked it up and turned his flashlight to it.  The man had a very boney face, a noticeable glass eye, and almost no hair.  The computer made a click to confirm that the downlod was complete.  Crimson set the picture down and just as he was about to grab the floppy, a strange cry came from down the hallway.  Crimson grabbed the disk and walked out the door, observing the the dark passage with his flashlight.  Another cry, this one closer.  Crimson took two steps back.  All of a sudden a tall, skinny, shadowy figure briefly approached from the darkness.

Crimson was startled, nearly tripping, he dropped his flashlight and made a dash back for the exit.  Another cry followed him out the exit, where he slammed the security door, and hopped the fence frantically.  On the other side, Crimson sat in the snow stunned for almost a minute.  He eventually got up, leaving his watch in the snow with only minutes to spare taking only the floppy disk with him as he made his way back through the forest.

Please note that U.A.C. is taken from the Doom video games, as are the scientist names.  Don't worry, thats all I'm going to copy from it to our RPG.  I thought it would fit in well.  I know this isn't making sense yet but it will.

Image:Uaclogo1-.gif

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sonicphc

Location: Mt. Carmel Private Government Education Facility for High School Students. Building L. Room 3.

"...and those are the basic principles of string theory and the 'M' theory. For those of you who are interested in learning more, I'm giving a lecture tonight at the university down the road on the subject, going into more detail." The teacher looks around the room and pauses. "Or, for those of you apparently only get sleep during my class, you can catch up on your rest there."
    Marcus leans over and elbows Paul Damien in the ribs. Paul shoots awake. "Wha? Did I miss something." The entire room laughs.
    The teacher smiles. "I think I've proved my point. By the way, I do hope you were paying attention because we have a quiz on this material tomorrow."
    The bell rings. The teacher exits, along with half of the students. Paul looks accross the room and sees a white haired girl who can be overheard debating with the student sitting next to her: "I'm telling you, the tone of the school bell is a C#! What possibly could make you think it's a C Natural?"
    Paul's daze is broken by a wave of Marcus's hand in front of his eyes. "Hello? Earth to my good alien friend! Come in, hedgehog!" Paul rolls his eyes. Though his eyes look fine, underneath the holographic projection they're somewhat more red. "Look, Paul, you really need to get more sleep. You keep tossing and turning all night and have been doing so for the past few months. Are you having nightmares or something?"
    Paul sighs. "My circuits feel off, Marcus. I've told you that."
    "And I don't believe you."
    Marcus jumps as he his tapped on the shoulder by a previously unseen figure in a black, hooded sweater. The figure speaks. "And I'm a ninja."
    Paul closes his textbook (which he had been using for a pillow) and stands up. He glances over at the self proclaimed ninja and says, "Thanks for that, Brien, for the 30th time," before calling out towards the white haired girl, "Hey, Sparky, are you coming to Wind Ensemble or what? We've got 6 minutes to get all the way accross campus. Perhaps we should start moving now?"
    The girl turns from her debate. "Um, Paul, today's wednesday. We don't have band on wednesday. And thus your typical wierdness shines forth again."
     Paul picks up his book and walks outside. It's a very nice day, and he doesn't have any more places he has to be since it's wednesday. He tries to look up at the clouds but has to force himself to look away since every cloud looks like something familiar to him that he would rather forget, partly from the severe lack of sleep and partly from his mild depression at the moment. However, his attention is quickly diverted and his interest piqued by what appears to be a hedgehog standing atop the C building. Paul looks around, makes sure nobody else is watching, and disables the holographic projection. He phases in his baton and fires a sound wave at the ground below him at an angle, propelling him upwards onto the rooftop where the other hedgehog figure had appeared, but when he lands on the roof there is nobody there. There is, however, something painted on the roof. It is a message in red lettering. It reads, "I told you I would return, but you did not believe me. It is time for the final genocide. Long live the hedgehog!"
    Kyson simply stared at this, perplexed. This is good for him, however, as he now has something to take his mind off of his depression. Of course, another shock is delivered to him to confuse him further when he his shot in the back with something very, very hot. Kyson gets up and turns around to see a purple cat brandishing a fireball. She asks very plainly, "Where is the blue one spoken of in prophecy? You know him. I can see it in your eyes. Please, my soul is alit with flame and I would not wish for you to be burned, so take me to him."

Dark_Mits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Dark_Mits
The weather is cold and night has started to fall in Station Square. People finish up their jobs and return from shopping to go to their warm houses. Others prefer to spend their money... without gaining anything:

*Camera zooms to the Casinopolis*

"Damn it. That was my last quarter. This certainly is not my day, zero out of two tries at achieving Jackpot. I was lucky I left all my coins at home and only kept folding money on me. Meh, I'll go buy me a hot coffee. It's getting late and I need to catch the bus if I don't want to spend the night on the cold pave-"
"Daddy, this guy talks to himself!".
Eternus turns back to see a cute little kid with huge eyes stare at his way as the kid saw a ghost. He let's out a wide smile and looks forward again. "I should probably stop doing that, darn I still do it! Oh well"

Eternus takes a seat at the bar, the bartender asks: "What can I get you sir?". "I'll have a a cup of jackpo- I mean hot cappuccino.". "Right on it, sir.". While waiting for the coffee to be served, he notices that the guy next to him has a newspaper on the bar. "Do you mind if I borrow for a sec or two?". "No prob.". "Ok, two seconds are up, here you are!". "What?". "Get it? Two... sec... never mind, I'll return it to you once my coffee is served.". "Ok, whatever buddy". Eternus takes the paper and opens it to cover his shamed face, thinking: "Another joke fell flat, either my jokes are really horrible or people are starting to get very serious.".

While turning pages hastily, there is one article that draws his attention. "Today marks exactly 540 days since the firing of the Eclipse Cannon... destruction of one side of the moon... Well, we don't exactly needed that half, now did we? No big deal it got destroyed... mysterious incidents...-. "Your coffee sir.". "Wha- oh, thank you." *proceeds to sip-* "Urgh!!! Um, excuse me? Could I have a couple ice cubes?". The bar tender stares at Eternus for a while. "Yes sir, certainly.". "Thank you." *continues to read and think* "...suspected to have to do with the lunar phases... *stops reading* what the hell are they talking about? Has to do with the phases of the moon? What is this, astrology? Now that I mentioned it, what does it say for Virgos?". While moving through the pages hastily, Eternus gets interrupted. "Excuse me, I'm leaving, could I have my paper?". "Yes, certainly, here you are. Thank you for letting me borrow it.".

While sitting on the not-so-comfortable chair and slowly drinking his coffee, a trio (guess who) takes the three next seats. The tall, green one says to the two accompanying him: "C' mon guys, order what you want, it's on me. That Jackpot sure filled my pockets..."

===========================================

Wow, that was certainly a wall of text. The largest post I've ever made on any board. Anyway, since the story itself seems to be a bit on the dark side, I decided to make it also have some funny instances.
caseywokos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 caseywokos

Location: Wilderness Cabin, Northern Alaskiana  Time: 23:00 hours

Upon his arrival back at his cabin, Crimson quickly brushed the snow off of himself and immediately pulled his laptop out from the desk.  He took a seat in the cabins only chair, pulled up it's stool, and inserted the disk into the computer.  Suddenly, the U.A.C. logo displayed itself briefly, and then Betruger's journal entries on the Genome Program began.

Crimson followed the entries closely.  Betruger had entered one about every week.  The information on the early stages of the experiment were useless, mostly just the preparations for the experiment itself.  But eventually, Crimson came across a page that caught his eye.  "Today we finally conducted our first major operation.  We used a young man that was caught snooping around our premises as our main subject.  A chameleon was used to contribute to the experiment.  Our hope was that by transferring the chromosomes and DNA from the chameleon to the human subject, we would be able to create a much faster, agile soldier with the ability to blend himself into his environment.  At 13:00 hours the subject was injected.  One hour later change began to appear on the skin of the subject.  Two days afterward the experiment had been completed.  However, it had not gone quite as well as planned.  Although the subjects skin, muscles, and organs had become transparent, the bones still remained opaque.  We must have missed something in the DNA conversion process.  Another flaw was that the combined DNA strands had apparently sparked off a certain number of hormones in the body which caused our subject to grow to a height of almost 8'.  And the agility and speed enhancements made him difficult to control.  Four Z-Sec were badly injured trying to move him into his cell.  The eyes had become a glowing green color, and the only noise the creature was able to make was a loud cry."

Crimson stood upright in shock.  This must have been what he had encountered when he was back there.  He continued through several more entries until coming to another interesting one.  "Today we had a close call, a surprise G.U.N. inspection.  We had to muzzle our subject before the inspector and his entourage entered the labs, which caused three more Z-Sec being badly injured.  We hid the cell block that the subject was being kept in behind a hidden door which blended in with the walls.  It was too close for comfort for me, so I ordered half of the experiment to be continued in a hidden bunker under our corporate headquarters in Station Square".  "That's strange" Crimson thought to himself.  "Their headquarters was demolished years ago to make way for a new casino.  You'd think that it would've been discovered".  Crimson stared out the frost covered window of the cabin for a few moments;  dawn was on the horizon.  Crimson then hopped up out of the chair, stuffed his laptop into it's bag, and then took back off into the snowy wilderness for the nearest municipal airport for transport to Station Square.

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 sonicphc

Kyson looks over the purple feline. She doesn't look evil, but still appears somewhat menacing. "Look, I really don't know what blue hedgehog you're talking about. I came up here looking for some hedgehog but when I showed up he was gone and I found this writing."
    The cat stares at Kyson intently, looking through his eyes trying to read his soul. "You do know him, you probably just don't know it. It will come to you. Do you at least know where I can find the Sol Emeralds?"
    "What? You mean Chaos Emeralds? Even if you do mean Chaos, I wouldn't know where to look."
    Kyson receives a blank stare from the cat, who says, "Chaos Emeralds? I do not know of any Chaos Emeralds. This really must be an entirely different dimension, then."
    "Another dimension? That's quite humorous. Where do you hail from, oh queen of another dimension?" scoffs Kyson.
    "I'll have you know I AM royalty."
    Kyson takes a step back as the feline's eyes light up with fire. "Alright then, um... whoever you are."
    "Blaze."
    "Suiting enough for someone who controls fire. I'm Kyson, and I'm sorry I can't help you find this 'blue one.'" Kyson walks off.
    "Good-bye, then."
    Kyson waves good-bye while still walking straight ahead in the opposite direction. He hops off of the building onto the ground below.
    When he lands, he finds himself staring at a large host of other hedgehogs, mostly dressed in police uniforms. "STOP! You are under arrest for crimes of heresy!" Kyson takes a step back and backs into a wall. "DO NOT MOVE! You know what you've done, and now you shall suffer adequate retribution!" Thinking quickly, Kyson stops time and bolts away into an apparently abandoned building a few streets away. "What? No! He did it again! Pull out men, and next time keep energy usage even lower!"
    Kyson looks around the building. There's a lone TV on in the corner. A yellow, female hedgehog newscasters is reporting a breaking story. "This just in, the local police forces nearly apprehended the latest false leader, but he managed to escape with teleportation as he had done before. The latest has been known for graffiting messages that he believes our leader would say of the new world in his color to try and make us believe we'd know the day he is coming. For those of you who wouldn't know what he looks like (which I'm sure is very few) here's a picture of him compared to a picture of the one who led us to glory." Kyson's jaw drops. He's staring at two nearly identical pictures... of himself. "This is Laruen Mingershan signing off for the 3rd of February, 2007 A.C."
    Kyson stares blankly at the screen as it goes to commercials. "Wait," he says to himself, "A.C.?" A dark voice laughs from behind him. Kyson turns to see what appears to be himself.
    "Are you the latest in the long line? You will make a nice way to lure them off of my trail so I can appear real."
    "Why do you look exactly like me?"
    "Are you dumb? You are trying to claim yourself as the returned leader too, aren't you? Well I'll have you captured by me and then I'll come out at the hero and they'll believe me. You just made my job a few hundred times easier, than you," he pauses to laugh momentarily, "Kyson."
    Kyson jumps backwards. "How do you know my name?"
    The "other" Kyson steps forward and looks at the "real" Kyson curiously. "Who are you really?" he asks, apparently confused. "Do you not know anything? Have you had your memory wiped? Escaped from an insane asylum?"
    "Or just landed myself in another dimension. Why are you looking exactly like me and why do you know my name? Tell me!"
    The "other" Kyson laughs, saying, "Oh, this is just too rich! You do think you're ACTUALLY Kyson?" Kyson doesn't say anything. "You don't remember? At least tell me what year it is to prove you have some brains."
    "2007"
    "Oh, well that's good to..."
    Kyson gets cross. "A.D."
    The "other" laughs again. "A.D.? That was 2010 years ago! Three years before the Kyson everyone believes will return to wipe out the last of the humans led us hedgehogs in our revolution and made us the superior being on this planet and masters of this Earth!"
    Kyson gets wide-eyed. "No... I would never do that, and he wouldn't if he were me..." Kyson steps back, and then falls over. He fins himself standing on a slant. Something breaks off below him. He picks it up. "A shingle?" He looks out in front of him. It's cold and snowy. He's standing on top of some sort of cabin. Using a quick X-ray Kyson can see there's someone inside, but he can't identify what kind of creature it is based on it's skeletal structure. "Where the heck am I?"

SonicHomeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SonicHomeboy

Eddie Wantanabe, along with his parents, Kyle and Kasumi, are having a nice dinner as they discuss what has beening occuring in their lives.

Kyle: I have some good news that I must tell all of you. Our relatives from the tribe have finally found their own place to call home here in Station Square.

Kasumi: Oh, that's wonderful. I'm very glad to hear that. Now we spend some more time with them and see they've been up to since we've left them.

Kyle: (nods at Kasumi and looks Eddie) So, my son. How have you been doing?

Eddie: (sighs) Ah, the usual. Lately, it's like once I finish with a project I get more work than before. It's starting to become a real pain. I don't know. I do manage.

Kyle: (nods) It's good that you're managing with you studies. Just always remember to keep reaching goals and to always do your best.

Kasumi: Also, we're always here to help you if you are ever in a jam.

Eddie: (chuckles) Thanks, you guys. I really appreciate it.

The young wolf suddenly started to feel a bit depressed as if there was something missing in his life.

Kyle: (concerned) Something wrong, Eddie?

Eddie: (shrugs) I'm not so sure what to make of it. It's there, but I can't put my finger on it.

Kasumi: It's about Kyson. You miss him, don't you?

Eddie: (sigh) It's been so long since I've seen him. I hope he's all right. There's just so much going on that I want to share with him.

Kyle: (nods) Well, you shouldn't worry over it. I'm sure he's just fine. You'll see him someday.

Eddie: I hope so. Um.... if you'll excuse me?

Kasumi: Yes, go right ahead.

Eddie goes up to his room and sits on his chair near his computer. He stares at his monitor as if looking for an answer that he is expecting to find.

Eddie: (thinks) Kyson. I just hope that you are safe and sound with some of your friends. At least I hope you do have friends. It's funny. It was my very first quest, and Kyson was my very first true friend.

He looks around his room as he is still deep in thought.

Eddie: Well, here I am. The same Eddie Wantanabe just waiting for another adventure. (looks at his backpack with disgust) Great! Do I have to see that thing in front of me? I really don't feel like doing homework. (sighs) But I must if I want to go to college. At least it will keep my mind preoccupied.

So, the young wolf opens up his backpack to do some calculus.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-60105f7608809
Location: Mountainous Region - Nighttime A hedgehog is standing right near the summit of the mountain. The hedgehog is wearing a black cloak. He is holding some sort of mechanical telescope. The hedgehog lifts off his hood. It appears to be Lucero. Lucero (to himself): I guess Rival was right. This mountain does have some good views. Well, I guess I'll try this telescope Zayne gave to me. What does this note say, anyway? ... Lucero: This is an inter dimensional telescope. Sure you can gaze at the stars, but if you press the white button with the black star, you can view anything, even if it is trillions and trillions of miles away... Zayne ... Lucero: Well, let's take a look. Lucero aims the telescope down at an angle. Lucero looks through the scope and presses the white button with the black star. Lucero accidentally sees his girlfriend, Faith, in her house, locking the bathroom door to take a shower- That's when Lucero turns off the telescope. He looks down at Zayne's message. ... P.S.: Just don't spot Faith at the wrong moment... ... Lucero (to himself): Well, I guess I have to go home. I spent the entire afternoon and night here. That's when the sign of the Traveler of Light appeared on his right arm. Lucero runs straight sown the mountain. During Lucero speeding down the mountain, his cloak burns off. Under the cloak, he wears what he usually wears: baggy pants and boots. In seconds, he arrives at his neighborhood. Lucero sees a limousine pulling up next to Lucero's house. He runs up to the limousine and meets Faith and a guardian, a follower of Faith's father. After all the hugs, Faith gives Lucero his hat and cell phone. Faith: I know you have tons of adventures ahead of you, but don't forget your cell phone and hat. Lucero: You want to go inside my house? Faith: I'm sorry, but I have a theatre rehearsal. Okay? I'll see you tomorrow at school, unless you have one quests or adventures- well, you know what I mean. They both kiss.
xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 xdude85
Location: Station Square Phoenix and his partner Brian were drove up to the S.W.A.T. team and got out of the car. "Alright, did we finally get a lead on this false leader guy, or what?" asked Phoenix. "We have a lead, he just got away" said the S.W.A.T. captain. "We do however have a picture of the suspect, here take it" said the S.W.A.T. captain. Phoenix grabbed the picture, and stood stunned at who it was, "It couldn't be" thought Phoenix. "Hey isn't that the guy we fought against Talons with?" asked Brian. "It looks like it, but what the hell is he doing writing messages on walls and being a complete wacko?" asked Phoenix. "We'll just to find him and ask" said Brian. "Hey there he is, he's top of the buildings!" shouted the S.W.A.T. captain. "I'll get him" aid Phoenix. Phoenix jumped up from building to building until he finally caught up with the suspect. Phoenix drew his handgun and apporched slowly. "G.U.N., get down on your knees and put your hands on your head!" shouted Phoenix. The suspect turned around and faced Phoenix, it was him, that strange hedgehog Phoenix met but never got to know his name. Suddenly Brian came running up and out of breath. "You know you could at least wait for me, I can't do that kind of stuff" said Brian. "You two are fools" said the hedgehog. "Are you deaf and stupid, I said get down your knees!" shouted Phoenix. The hedgehog suddenly jumped up and kicked both Phoenix and Brian in the face knocking them out instanly. Phoenix and Brian finally came too, and looked around. It was freezing, and snowing. "Where are we?" thought Phoenix.
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 sonicphc

Kyson leans over the edge of the roof and tries to get a peek into the window of the cabin he's standing on. The person inside is some sort of bird and is sitting at a computer. Kyson tries to get a look at what's on the computer screen, but his vision enhancements can only get a look at the date and time on the computer because said bird is in the way. Kyson breathes a sigh of relief to find out that it's 2007 A.D. again.
    There is a sudden lurch, and Kyon falls off the roof into a snow below. Fortunately he doesn't make much noise as the snow is quite soft and doesn't appear to be noticed. Kyson goes through his memory trying to see what sort of images he may have seen on the computer during the fall. One stands out in particular. It is a variation on a logo incredibly familiar to him. He ponders his options for a second, and then realizes he can't get the data from the computer without being noticed, for if he stopped time, the computer would be stopped and wouldn't be able to send any data to his flash drive. He then considers option B, and figures it's his best shot. He X-rays the door and sees that it has no lock. He pretends to shiver (he pretends because he's actually quite warm. The fireball from Blaze gave his energy stores a large boost of thermal energy) and walks over to the door very slowly and opens it. He acts surprised that there's someone inside. "It... it's so cold. C...ca...can I stay in here until I can contact someone?" He asks, not sure if he'll receive an answer.

caseywokos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 caseywokos

Crimson hears the quivering voice just as he prepares to exit the cabin.  The door opens and reveals a hedgehog shivering in the snow.  He takes pity on the creature, and allows it inside, putting his laptop back on it's desk.  As the creature takes a seat in the chair Crimson warms up the fire and prepares it a cup of coffee.  "Sorry, I only have black", Crimson says handing the coffee to the hedgehog.  "What's a hedgehog doing this far up North, you're quite a ways from home".

"I've been out here studying the remains of the U.A.C.'s Genome Program for the past few weeks, are you aware of it".  Crimson stops himself before finishing the sentence, knowing that he shouldn't have said it.  He was usually very covert but the weeks spent in the cabin without any social interaction and his friendly nature made him eager to have conversation.  The creatures eyes widened.  Crimson felt exposed.  Becoming nervous, he tries to hide his Babylon Rogue wrist flame tattoos behind his back and asks "What's your name anyways."

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 sonicphc

Kyson takes the cup and sets it down besides him. "Sorry, I can't have much in the way of caffeine. It screws with my systems." At this point Kyson realizes he may have already made a first blunder, but then again he didn't expect that the metal tips on his quills would go unnnoticed for long anyhow. He pretends he didn't say anything wrong and goes on. "My name is Kyson, and to be completely honest I have no idea why I'm this far up north. One moment I've got a cat blasting fireballs at me, then I'm being arrested 2010 years in the future by a hedgehog run empire that practically worships me and was arresting me for apparently pretending to be me, and then I'm on the roof of your cabin. It's all rather odd."
            Worried his earlier mistake in the converstaion might come up, Kyson decides it mught be prudent to exploit the kind cardinal's earlier mistake in the conversation before it can do likewiese to him. "You mentioned the U.A.C.?" Kyson pauses, but doesn't get much reaction. "To be honest, I've never heard of it before in my life." Kyson ponders whether or not it would be prudent to mention SONIC-D at this point. Worried that the U.A.C. might be connected to SONIC-D based on some similarities of their logos, he decides against it for fear that this Cardinal may be a part of a SONIC-D team recovering data from a failed project. "Sounds like the names of one of those Bio-chemical firms to me. All my highest education is in the areas of math and music, so I can't help you much." This is somewhat of a lie. The only reason Kyson gets lower grades in his science courses is because they have more dormwork and Kyson sees no point in working especially hard to get a strong GPA in a human world he was never supposed to be a part of. He actually understands the subject material in his science courses just fine.
            "So, may I ask the name of my host," asks Kyson, brushing a few snowflakes out of his fur, "since, after all, it is hard to maintain a conversation for more than a few minutes without names?" Kyson notes that his host has had his hands locked behind his back for an unusually long time now, but brushes it aside as something he's picking up from having taken too much psychology (the one course he really, truly hates).

SonicHomeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SonicHomeboy

Eddie rubs his eyes after what seemed like an eternity doing homework.

Eddie: Finally! I can get some rest after all that hard work. (looks at the calendar and is shocked) What?! I've been doing homework, and I've completely forgot that tomorrow there's no school? Ugh! (sigh) Well, I guess it's a good thing since I got this stuff out of the way so I can at least enjoy my three-day weekend.

Eddie gets up from his chair and lays on top of his bed to get some sleep.

Eddie: I'm so going to sleep-in tomorrow. I really need the rest after what I've been through in school.

That night, Eddie wasn't having the most pleasant of dreams. In front of him, he could see his parents lying dead on the ground covered in blood. At first Eddie was speechless and had no idea what was going on until he looked at his hands which were covered in blood. It seemed obvious to him that he was responsible for their death but didn't know how. Then, there was a voice, and it wasn't very friendly.

Voice: There's no escape. You are doomed, young wolf. What are you going to do when you don't have your parents to save you? You think that they are invincible and that they can help you no matter what. Well, it looks like you were wrong. Do you realize how much power you possess? With that power, you won't need them. They can't stop you from doing whatever you want. Look at them. They're useless now that you've finished them.

Eddie: (quivering) Who are you? What do you want with me? What's happening? How could I have done this?

Voice: Let's just say that I'm merely showing you the future.

Eddie: No. This can't be the future. This is all but a nightmare! I want out! OUT! Do you hear me?!!!!

Voice: Pathetic little wolf! You can never escape....you're destiny.

Eddie felt like he wanted run. So, he did, but it seemed like he wasn't going anywhere even though there was no view of his dead parents.

Voice: Heh, run as much as you want. You will not escape. There's no way around it.

Eddie: Shut up! Just shut up! I don't want anything with you.

Voice: Hmph! We'll see. (evil laugh)

The laugh continued as Eddie kept on running. Suddenly, a huge ware of fire engulfed him which caused him to yell in pain. Then, he sat up on his bed panting and looking at his hands to see if there was any blood. He felt all around himself to see if he was singed by any flame and found that his white fur was almost covered in sweat.

Eddie: (heavy sigh) It was just a nightmare. Well, at least this is a change from all those school "nightmares" I keep getting.

As he lay down, he noticed that he was wearing his normal clothes instead of his night clothes.

Eddie: (thinking) Funny. I thought I changed into my night clothes. (shrugs) Oh well. Maybe I was tired from all that work, and I didn't even noticed.

He was about to go to sleep until he noticed that the ceiling was changing into a different ceiling.

Eddie: (thinking) Okay. This is starting to get odd.

What confused him even more was that he felt like he was flying. Suddenly, he landed harshly on a very hard floor. He quickly got up to see where he land and came upon a familiar face that he hadn't seen for a long time.

Eddie: (surprised) K..Kyson....?

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 sonicphc

NOTE: The Hedghog character I made up is still NPC, but I feel like taking control of him. Kyson is still in the cabin talking to Crimson.

The hedgehog looks down at the wolf who has landed at his feet. "Ha! Another one who follows me. But wait, you are a wolf, are you not? How are you alive? He, or I, had you all either exterminated or exiled in the glorious revolution at the end of the A.D. era. You're not from around here. Hmm. You make my life difficult, you know that? But perhaps I could execute you publicly to prove I am who I claim to be. These people wouldn't believe he returned even if he actually did, so I'll just have to prove to them that I AM Kyson!"
    'Kyson' notes a look of confusion and shock on the confused wolf's face. He laughs. "Oh, you must be a friend of mine, then? Well don't worry. I should have killed you a long time ago, I'm sure, but by me killing you out where the public can see and then teleporting away before I'm arrested for impersonating myself you'll have done your dear friend Kyson a great service in allowing him to return to the glory he had 2007 years ago when he left us!"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-60105f7608809
Not far from the cabin was another mountainous region. Lucero was standing there. Lucero (to himself): How in the world did I get here? After I met Faith, I went inside the house and slept on that couch and there was- wait a minute... How did I wake up here? Lucero hears other people talking from a nearby place. Lucero (to himself): "What? Where are those voices coming from? Enough questions. I need to find out what's going on, besides there shouldn't be anyone else around here." Lucero ran down the mountain and stopped at the side of the cabin, where there was a hole the size of a baseball was in the wall. Lucero peeked through the hole to find Kyson and Crimson.
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 sonicphc

DANGER: It was implied in my previous post that Eddie is not in the cabin with Kyson and Crimson. He is in the other dimension with the 'other Kyson.'

SonicHomeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SonicHomeboy

Eddie backs up to keep his distance from this 'Kyson' yet he still thinks it's his friend.

Eddie: Kyson, what are you talking about? This isn't like you. Is there something wrong with your wiring or are you just having a bad day? (thinking) This is odd. For some reason, I'm tensing up as if something bad will happen.

Platyphyllum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Platyphyllum
Agh, stupid forbidden glitch! Ruining all of my work!
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 sonicphc

Note to Platy: Just make sure sty.le and clas.s do not show up in any part of any word in your post.

Still controlling the "other Kyson" at the moment in this post.

The self-proclaimed "Kyson" laughs. "You know a Kyson that shows compassion and friendship towards non-hedgehogs? Well this IS a surpirse. Please, don't tell me it's the one I just ran into a few minutes ago!"

SonicHomeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SonicHomeboy
Eddie: (growls) Actually what do you mean by another? If you're not the real one, where is he? You better not have harmed him.
caseywokos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 caseywokos

Crimson gave Kyson a suspicious look, finding his earlier story of how he found himself at his cabin hard to believe.  He then grabbed the cup of coffee, and quickly retracted his hands to keep his wrist flame tattoos concealed, and looked at the floor.  "My name is Crimson.  You said you've never heard of the U.A.C.", he stated in another accidental burst of friendliness.  "The Union Aerospace Corporation, or U.A.C., was at one time the worlds largest militarily funded research corporation.  They were most renowned for their experiments in the defense, medical, and energy, and teleportation departments.  But some of their projects were far more heinous.  One in particular that I'm studying, the Human Genome Program, involved the experimentation of animal and human DNA to create super-human soldiers.  It was split up into many subsidiary projects after they were almost caught.  Despite these measures, the main program was exposed by an undercover G.U.N. spy 15 years ago.  The company was shut down, and all of their facilities abandoned within days.  I've been scavenging around their main facility just about 30 miles from here, trying to solve the mysteries they left behind."

Kyson gave him a blank face.  "Well anyways, this all probably happened when you were just a little kid, so...", Crimson and Kyson pause as a loud thud is heard outside the cabin.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 xdude85

sonicphc - I just moved this message down into order. See below.

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 sonicphc

DANGER: WOAH! Major character controlling there, xdude! You might want to fix that! You can not determine what other characters say or actually do. (see the orange text? ANRGY!) :lol:

However, the world does not come to an end.

I think what we'll do in the case of character control violations is disregard the post so the rest can move on.

Basically, xdude, fix the post, and then re-post it, don't just edit.

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 sonicphc

And, with that being said (yes, I know I double posted. I can do these things. I'm the leader :P ) the game moves on.

I'm running with two characters now, fun fun. The first section of this post is the "other" Kyson.

'Kyson' laughs. "As far as you're concerned, and the rest of the world should be, I am Kyson! And, as Kyson, I believe I should complete my policy of extermination of all wolves who do not follow the orders of exile. So, would you rather me murder you in secret here or a grand, public execution?"

And now, shifting over to Kyson Kyson (in the cabin)

Upon hearing the comment about "when you were just a kid" Kyson can't help but laugh. He decides things are okay and leaves caution to the wind. "You're kidding, right? Cancelled when I was a kid? More like cancelled NEVER. You've been reading through all that data on your computer and haven't come across SONIC-D? Well you're staring at a living product of it. Kyson hears the thud and looks outside. He sees the unfamiliar hedgehog staring in through the window. "Excuse me one light-second..."
        In what appears to be an instant, the peeping hedgehog is tied down to the chair Kyson was sitting in my a rope. (What actually happened was Kyson stopped time really quickly and moved the hedgehog and tied him up, but as far as anyone could tell Kyson never moved). Kyson chuckles a little at the expression on the hedgehog's face. "Don't every spy on an over-paranoid result of government experimentation. You might end up tied to a chair. Oh, wait, you are! Funny how that works, isn't it?" Kyson's somewhat over-exaggerated sarcasm is more than evident. "You know, there's a door, for knocking?" In saying this, Kyson misses the blatant irony in his statement, as he didn't exactly knock either. "So who are you, and what are you doing out here in the middle of nowhere?" Kyson also misses the blatant irony present here as well, as he was asked that same question naught but a few moments ago. Nevertheless, Kyson appears to have caught both Crimson and the hedgehog off-guard somewhat with his actions and feels he has the upper hand in the overall picture, so he doesn't notice his glaring self-contradictions. "Well? Do speak up. It's not THAT cold out there." Again, he had walked in shivering, but forgets this for the sake of the interrogation.'

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 xdude85

Alright sonicphc I fixed it, sorry about that.

- sonicphc: I just moved this post down into order here from above.

Phoenix's Story Phoenix and Brian were wandering in the freezing weather, it was so cold, Phoenix had no idea how that hedgehog managed to send himself and Brian to this frozen wasteland. Phoenix suddenly saw a cabin ahead and he could see the same hedgehog drinking coffee someone.

"That son of a b*tch is goin' down" said Phoenix under his breath, has he locked and loaded his handgun. "On my single, we storm the cabin and take the guy into custody, if he resists shoot him" ordered Phoexnix.

"Gotcha" said Brian.

Phoenix kicked down the door, "G.U.N., get your hands in the air!" shouted Phoenix.  "This hedgehog is on the run from the law, who are you anyway?!"shouted Phoenix.

"Hey man," said Brian, "lets just hear the guys out, they're unarmed"

Phoenix sighed and lowered his gun, he stared at the hedgehog. "I'm G.U.N. agent Phoenix the Hedgehog, and this is my partner Brian Danson," said Phoenix, "we have some questions for you." 

caseywokos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 caseywokos
Crimson is in shock at all of the events that have taken place in his cabin over the past few moments.  He takes his hands from behind his back and raises them in the air.  Phoenix notices the wrist flame tattoos and then lifts his gun back in the air.  "My name is Crimson the Cardinal, I've just been up here doing a little research, thats all."  Phoenix gives him a suspicious look.
SonicHomeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SonicHomeboy

At this point, Eddie feels that he is running out of time fears that there is no escape from this "Kyson."

Eddie: (thinking) What is going on? This isn't the Kyson I know. The Kyson I know would never speak like a madman. There has to be an explanation to all this. I must find the REAL Kyson. Maybe he knows what's going on. I wish there was some way out of this mess.

Sure enough, Eddie got his wish for the entire room around him started to transform into a snowy landscape. Now Eddie was even more puzzled than he was before.

Eddie: (thinking) First, I get a nightmare. Next, I'm face-to-face with someone that claims to be "Kyson." And now I'm in the middle of nowhere. (yells) DO I DESERVE ALL THIS?!!!!!!

All this confusion has enraged the young wolf, and he starts to have a hard controlling his anger.

Eddie: (breathes heavily) I can't take this anymore. This is all but that nightmare continuing. How can all this be real? I want out of this. Does anyone hear me?! OUUUUUT!!!!!

His shout echoes into the cold air, and there is no one that answers him. As if he had given up hope, he falls down on his knees, and tears start to form in his eyes.

Eddie: (quivers) How much can I bare this? (looks around) I'm all alone with all this snow around me. (stands up and sniffs) No. I shouldn't act this way. I must find at least someone that lives here.

So, he starts to walk off in one direction hoping that he finds what he's looking for.