Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 sonictrainer
Member since 2008 • 15187 Posts

Sonic Lost World Logo

Recently the trademark "Sonic Lost World" was registered by SEGA, as well as the domain name online. This might be the name of the next Sonic game.

I'll keep you posted. 

Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#2 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111406 Posts
I'm excited. Let's see where this goes.
Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 Soniczero1993
Member since 2005 • 35070 Posts
Penis is rock hard.
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 sonicphc
Member since 2005 • 7779 Posts
Lovely, s0. Be sure to visit a doctor 3 hours from now, k? Watch it be another mobile game. /pessimism Watch them make an announcement tomorrow. /optimism
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

#5 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts
Yeah we can sit and speculate but the last time we thought a new Sonic game was coming out, we got Sonic Dash aka Temple Run with Sonic on it.
Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Cloud_765
Yes but the last time we thought a new Sonic game was coming out, I don't remember there being a whole trademarking thing going on alongside it. Justin (s0) linked me to the Sonic Stadium post about this, but I would have to go through our Skype chat to get the link for you guys. It's just a simple thing about the trademarking and the website domain being set up, but yeah.
sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sonictrainer

The game has been confirmed by today's Nintendo Direct! :D

Other Information: 

• It will be a Wii U and 3DS exclusive title.
  • All we have and know about the game is one screenshot.
  • It will be released in Fall 2013

Sonic Lost World 

barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 barren167
Member since 2011 • 2606 Posts
Don't tell me, the world has been split into pieces again. :P
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sonicphc

Sonic Lost World 

sonictrainer
The plot focuses around Sonic running around this mysterious planet of hexagons, trying to stop the evil robber before a 7 is rolled and the guy sitting to your left takes that one brick you need and builds two road units in one turn, taking the 'longest' road and two victory points from you, leaving you frustrated that, despite the fact that you have settlements on 8 and 6, your numbers never seem to get rolled, so... I'm sorry, what were we talking about?
barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 barren167
Three-dimensional, global Catan? You might be on to something...
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kbaily
Feel free to cruise internet comments about how mad fans are that this will be a Nintendo exclusive. you know the same BS we heard with Bayonetta 2?
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sonicphc
Feel free to cruise internet comments about how mad fans are that this will be a Nintendo exclusive. you know the same BS we heard with Bayonetta 2?kbaily
Mmm... they said "distribution," not "publishing." Those are two very different things, and Generations did well enough in the non-tendo markets that I suspsect they will avoid a WiiU exclusive less they hurt the bottom line. It's like when you buy something "fulfilled by Amazon." Amazon's not selling it, but it's cheaper and easier for the seller to have Amazon's massive network of distribution centers handle inventory, shipping, and handling than to manage it themselves. Also, thank you for getting the joke, barren. I was worried nobody would. :P EDIT: Just saw the thing in the other thread. This has gotta be Nintendo trying to boost sales of their not-killing-it 3DS and WiiU, and they're probably willing to pay a lot of money for it, which Sega needs. Balls. I was so enjoying not having to buy a console, too.
sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sonictrainer

Seems some info and pictures of the game was leaked on the Sonic Facebook page, before the Nintendo Direct today:

• -Full details will be announced on the 29th. (I'm guessing May 29, which is 12 days from now)
  • -the Lost World (not worlds) is a partially unfinished planet seemingly made of hexagon tiles.
  • -the game has 6 guardians who may be friends or foes - only their outlines are shown but they look very cartoony, like characters from Rayman.
Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Soniczero1993
Sonic Civilization 5.
Avatar image for -SpikyBlueHero-
-SpikyBlueHero-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#15 -SpikyBlueHero-
Member since 2007 • 2176 Posts

My immediate reaction to that screenshot: Werehogs. :P 

It's about time we got an official announcement, but the fact that it came via Nintendo Direct was a huge surprise to me. The Wii U needs all the exclusives it can get, so I don't have much of an issue with this new Sega/Ninty partnership. Who knows, the third unannounced game in the pipeline could be that Sonic/Mario action-adventure crossover that everyone's been asking for. :)

As for this new game, I'm squarely focused on the 3DS version. Won't be buying a Wii U until a year or more down the line, so right now the 3DS is my only option. Really interested to see which direction they choose for it: Sonic's first fully 3D platformer on a portable? A return to 2D sprite-based side-scrolling? Or maybe even a tightly integrated experience pairing with the Wii U version? Plenty of options for them to consider, which in return makes me hesitantly excited for the possibilities. :)

barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 barren167
I'd just like the gameplay system from Excursion or whatever that was rumored. Even if it was declared false in that game, maybe it's over here... /wishful thinking
Chrisguy61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 Chrisguy61
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Sounds like Sonic Unleashed 2.
sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sonictrainer

New information from a Yahoo News articule:

"LOS ANGELES (AP) Sonic the Hedgehog is rolling with Nintendo.

Sega says it will exclusively release the next three games starring the popular blue critter on Nintendo platforms. The first title will be called "Sonic Lost World" and is set for release on the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS later this year.

"With 'Sonic Lost World,' we're going to introduce new gameplay and enemies, which is always fun," said John Cheng, president and chief financial officer of Sega of America Inc. "In terms of Sonic and his friends, he'll have his same friends there, and I think there'll be some new ones as well. It's not a reiteration. It's going to be all new."

The original fast-paced side-scrolling "Sonic the Hedgehog" debuted in 1991. The twirling, ring-hoarding hedgehog became Sega's mascot and a video-game icon rivaling the likes of Mario and Pac-Man.

While his recent interactive exploits haven't achieved the same level of success as previous "Sonic" outings, the character has remained a presence in pop culture, appearing in cartoons, downloadable games and the Disney film "Wreck-It Ralph."

Sonic has competed against Nintendo's mustachioed spokesman Mario since 2007 in the "Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games" mini-game series. Cheng said the characters would be back for more match-ups in "Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games."

Over the past 22 years, Sonic and his friends have starred in dozens of games, including the hallmark 1992 sequel "Sonic the Hedgehog 2," 1997 3-D racer "Sonic R," 2002 hand-held adventure "Sonic Advance" and 2011 anniversary mash-up "Sonic Generations."

Sega says more than 75 million games and smartphone apps featuring Sonic have been sold worldwide. After the publisher stopped producing its own game consoles in 2001, Sega began releasing "Sonic" games for other systems, including Sony's PlayStation and Microsoft's Xbox.

Microsoft is expected to unveil a new Xbox console at an event in Seattle next week, following Sony's tease of the forthcoming PlayStation 4 earlier this year in New York.

Last fall, Nintendo launched the next generation of gaming consoles with the Wii U, which comes with a tabletlike controller called the GamePad. Nintendo said last March it has sold 3.45 million units worldwide, a disappointing start for the first of a new generation of gaming systems. Sega's Cheng believes bringing Sonic exclusively to the Wii U will help Nintendo."

barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 barren167
Cue some people crying about how bad that is, others getting excited, some people yelling at each, and the fanbase remaining as divided as ever. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BrokenBase Note: The above is not spam, merely a wonderful description of what's about to happen.
Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Cloud_765
SEGA went trollin' with Lost Worlds' announcement~. Looking forward to the game!
DocEggmanNega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DocEggmanNega
Member since 2008 • 1628 Posts
I've got confidence this'll be yet another great entry, given the fact that Colors and Generations were games I couldn't get enough of. Now I just have to buy a Wii U. I doubt Sega will pull a Ubisoft and delay the game until it's ready for all platforms, especially since they kinda shook hands with Nintendo on a 3-Sonic-game deal. I love another game console as much as the next game-addicted guy, but as backlogged as I am with PS3, Vita, Android, I'm not sure how eager I'll be to pick up a weaker console when the time comes. :P
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kbaily

While I get at least some fans annoyance at it not being for 360/PS3 and PC because you know having to go buy another system if you don't have the cash kinda sucks, I made a good point in the recent Blue Blur article I wrote. (shameless plug)

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/read_article.php?topic_id=29393417&union_id=4363

Some fans were wishing to see Sonic debut on the PS4 or "Xbox One" (WTF is up with that name?) but at the same time, remember the last time Sega tried to make a big flashy next gen Sonic game with the newest graphics?

929717_69768_thumb.jpg

See what many neglect to think about it that developing for the PS4/XBO will be even more expensive and while big companies like EA probably have tons of cash to toss around on the next Unreal Engine. Sega isn't exactly swimming in cash. If anything, they're being smart in a financial sense using the existing hedgehog engine not to mention they're focusing on one platform instead of trying to make something then having to work on porting it. Colors was really good because it made the most of the Wii's capablilities and Generations made the most of the HD capabilities of the hardware it was on. (3DS version, not so much). Sega's being smart here, instead of trying to make Sonic's next outing look "pretty" they're probably going to focus on, you know gameplay and level design, you know the things the developers SHOULD be focusing on instead of "emotional polygons" ( f*** David Cage).

DocEggmanNega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DocEggmanNega

All very good points, I would definitely understand the finances here. But a new console is also a fresh startat easy game with a sparse library demanding good games of every genre. Even if the game for ps4 and Xbox1 isn't the best, and is still alot better than Sonic 06, it'll sell tons since there will not be many games out atthe time. It'll be a stepping stone to better Sonic games in years to come. And developing for current systems is supposed to be easier than it has been before, as well.

And Xbox One is for being your one thing you'll need in your living room. 

sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sonictrainer

DocEggmanNega

The Original One or the New One?

barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 barren167
Wow, that name... They really fear the competition, don't they? Note: I don't just get this from the name, just their marketing strategies lately in general.
Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Soniczero1993

The XCoffin more like it. Check this out.

DocEggmanNega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DocEggmanNega
[QUOTE="DocEggmanNega"]

sonictrainer

The Original One or the New One?

Lol! The One and only. One box to rule them all.
DocEggmanNega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DocEggmanNega

Soniczero1993
Xbots got moist.
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kbaily
[QUOTE="Soniczero1993"]

DocEggmanNega

Xbots got moist.

Well the thing that really pissed everyone off was this. http://www.gamespot.com/news/xbox-one-has-preowned-fee-report-6408671

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 sonicphc
Wow, Microsoft. Smooth move, there. I can start to see why Sega's going WiiU exclusive. Now for everyone's favorite game: GUESS THE GIMMICK! Yes, that's right. We may thing Sonic Team has learned their lesson about gimmicks in games, but this is a WiiU exclusive title we're talking about, here. Sonic Team's not shy about early-adopting new tech (see: Free Riders - Kinect, Secret Rings - Motion, Rush - Touch), so there's no doubt in my mind they're going to find some gimmicky use for that huge screen controller. So what'll it be, folks? My money's on something to do with rebuilding [s]little planet[/s] [s]catan[/s] the "lost world" EDIT: ...I can't strikethrough, apparnetly.
DocEggmanNega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DocEggmanNega
[QUOTE="DocEggmanNega"][QUOTE="Soniczero1993"]

kbaily

Xbots got moist.

Well the thing that really pissed everyone off was this. http://www.gamespot.com/news/xbox-one-has-preowned-fee-report-6408671

Oh yeah, that and the fact that there is a mandatory 24 hour internet check that is requirwed for gameplay of any kind. So without internet, no Xbox. Might as well be a cloud computing console if internet is mandatory.

barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 barren167
I'm going to guess that the Wii U is going to be used for some kind of high-speed mid-run gimmick. Maybe it'll be a net to grab escaped little friends as you run by. Or what I'd prefer, a first person view to give you a better image of what's coming up ahead, along with voices that obnoxiously warn you about upcoming bottomless cliffs, spikes, and other obstacles... So long as you set it to speak about each individual obstacle type anyway, so only those that most need warning for each person is announced.
sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 sonictrainer

Sonic Lost World Secret Characters

"Six will rise from the Lost World. Are they friends or foes? Find out on May 29th." 

demoman_chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#34 demoman_chaos
Member since 2006 • 13896 Posts
Judging by their design, likely evil. Good guys tend to not have so many spikes. Though likely there is at least one that will be a good guy (most likely the token female one that will gain about a bajillion R34 images after a week of being revealed).
white_kunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35 white_kunoichi
Member since 2010 • 4741 Posts
I think they're bosses of each region. Now, that one on the far left looks like female but is that a...coiled tail? ...And a horn on the forehead? If she is what I think she is...
srbrans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 srbrans
Member since 2005 • 731 Posts
Looks like her head is an entire whale. And Ecco the Dolphin is on the right hand side.
Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Cloud_765
Wow, Microsoft. Smooth move, there. I can start to see why Sega's going WiiU exclusive. Now for everyone's favorite game: GUESS THE GIMMICK! Yes, that's right. We may thing Sonic Team has learned their lesson about gimmicks in games, but this is a WiiU exclusive title we're talking about, here. Sonic Team's not shy about early-adopting new tech (see: Free Riders - Kinect, Secret Rings - Motion, Rush - Touch), so there's no doubt in my mind they're going to find some gimmicky use for that huge screen controller. So what'll it be, folks? My money's on something to do with rebuilding [s]little planet[/s] [s]catan[/s] the "lost world" EDIT: ...I can't strikethrough, apparnetly.sonicphc
Come on, something like Wisp powers!
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kbaily
Here's what I think.  They're bosses but Eggman tricked/controlling them to think Sonics the bad guy. (Knux is not THAT stupid to be fooled again.  They elemental spirits that Sonic will battle as bosses.  Here's the kicker.  I think once they're beaten, they get their wits and then loan their power to Sonic who can use them like the wisp powers.  Maybe selecting them from the touch pad.
barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 barren167
Judging by their design, likely evil. Good guys tend to not have so many spikes.demoman_chaos
Because, you know, the hero's not so spiky... :P I get what you mean though.
Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Soniczero1993

I think they're bosses of each region. Now, that one on the far left looks like female but is that a...coiled tail? ...And a horn on the forehead? If she is what I think she is...white_kunoichi

We all know your hard on with chameleons, you don't have to remind us. 

Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Cloud_765
Here's what I think.  They're bosses but Eggman tricked/controlling them to think Sonics the bad guy. (Knux is not THAT stupid to be fooled again.  They elemental spirits that Sonic will battle as bosses.  Here's the kicker.  I think once they're beaten, they get their wits and then loan their power to Sonic who can use them like the wisp powers.  Maybe selecting them from the touch pad.kbaily
I honestly wouldn't mind using the GamePad's gyroscope or anything like that. I thought it was cool when I used it today for the first time at a friend's house and more precise than the Wii Remote.
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 sonicphc
Megaman style "beat boss to acquire power" seems likely. Probably branching oaths in the levels that open up other levels which can only be accessed when certain powers are acquired, with each path adding a different new hex to the map or something.
Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Cloud_765
And to complete the world, you must complete every level! THEN THE TRUE FINAL BOSS IS UNLOCKED WITH CHAOS EMERALD STUFF. RIGHT?
Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Soniczero1993
And then the world becomes Sonic as he becomes the ruler.
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 kbaily

Gotta admit, I laughed at this one because this is soooo Sonic.

Nerd%20Rage%20-%20Way%20Past%20Cool_0.jp

And it's one of the few webcomics this week that wasn't Xbox One hate related.

Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Soniczero1993
I sense someone thinks SEGA is being cocky.
Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Cloud_765
SEGA is just doing what they did last generation: show support for Nintendo's systems because their Sonic games sell reasonably well on them. They're at home there. Why shouldn't they bring some good exclusives to the Wii U? It's a win for them.
Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Soniczero1993
At least you can count on SEGA to show support. Game companies besides Capcom and I guess Ubisoft this time around seem to shaft them. GameCube, while I loved it, never got much love.
sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 sonictrainer

IGN just posted a Announcement Trailer!

http://youtu.be/D-sIkDWfccU

Deadly Six

Sonic Lost World 

white_kunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#50 white_kunoichi
Member since 2010 • 4741 Posts

I think my heart exploded...with happiness.

Happy, happy, happy.