koolkat14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3 koolkat14
Member since 2009 • 10428 Posts
I like to play Sonic Heroes but my favourite is Sonic Unleashed (the daytime stages). The nighttime stages aren't bad, it's just they're a bit well, hard at times
Avatar image for deactivated-5b7a4a209ddaf
deactivated-5b7a4a209ddaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 deactivated-5b7a4a209ddaf
Member since 2009 • 7764 Posts
I think it is unfair to put both adventures as a same option because they will receive the most votes. I go with Heroes
Avatar image for Shadow_Olimar23
Shadow_Olimar23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Shadow_Olimar23
Member since 2005 • 1340 Posts

I pretty much see all 3D sonic games as games that shouldn't even exist in the first place. 

The only game that I find as the best one here would be Sonic Unleashed because of its day stages (which there were very few of). 

macrules_640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#6 macrules_640
Member since 2004 • 90033 Posts

Sonic Adventure 2 for me.

gamemanyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 gamemanyeah
Member since 2008 • 114 Posts
well they are baiscly the same.
LittleGreenDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 LittleGreenDog
Member since 2006 • 7367 Posts
I like them all but I just chose Sonic Heroes...
Avatar image for RyantheHedgehog
RyantheHedgehog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 99

#9 RyantheHedgehog
Member since 2008 • 66 Posts
sa2 and sa1 both really? allwell. sa2 4 me. Lol sonic next gen why is they no Sonic R then :P
Avatar image for RidersInThe-Sky
RidersInThe-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10 RidersInThe-Sky
Member since 2008 • 918 Posts
Sonic Adventure 2 by virtue of being 1 of the only 2 good 3D Sonic games.
Dgalmun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 Dgalmun
Member since 2009 • 16266 Posts
Sonic adventure 1/2 and unleashed were pretty decent to me...
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

#12 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

sa2 and sa1 both really? allwell. sa2 4 me. Lol sonic next gen why is they no Sonic R then :PRyantheHedgehog

Sonic R was a spinoff and not an actual game. Not to mention it only have five tracks.

Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#13 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111406 Posts
Adventure 2. If only because the only big thing that brought it down was the emerald hunting. And let's admit it. YOU LOVED the Chao. :P
shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
Unleashed or adventure.... Hmmm well adventure, unleashed was good but what was with the night time stages
FinalDuo1886

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#15 FinalDuo1886
Member since 2007 • 854 Posts

The adventure series. 

Everything after that, went haywire.

macrules_640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 macrules_640

Sonic Adventure 2 was the last good Sonic game since it was the last one to feature Chao and besides it was addicting raise those little guys.

GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 GeoffZak
Member since 2007 • 3715 Posts

Very easily Sonic Adventure 1. Adventure 2 comes in second and Unleashed comes in third.

Most people seem to say it's Sonic Adventure 2, but what I didn't like about that game was how they got rid of adventure fields. Sonic Unleashed obviously doesn't come in first because of the werehog.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#18 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
Poor Sonic Next Gen it really sucked when it could have been something good. Shame on you Sony and Microsoft making them hurry it out and well done Sonic Team for putting boring friends and long drawn loading screens.
macrules_640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 macrules_640

It wasn't Sony or Microsoft's fault, it was all Sega and Sonic Team's fault for making Sonic Next Gen crappy.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 chocolate1325

It wasn't Sony or Microsoft's fault, it was all Sega and Sonic Team's fault for making Sonic Next Gen crappy.

macrules_640
From what I heard they had to rush it out in time for the Launch of the PS3 in America.
macrules_640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 macrules_640

Hmm well that's not good either.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5b7a4a209ddaf

Very easily Sonic Adventure 1. Adventure 2 comes in second and Unleashed comes in third.

Most people seem to say it's Sonic Adventure 2, but what I didn't like about that game was how they got rid of adventure fields. Sonic Unleashed obviously doesn't come in first because of the werehog.

GeoffZak

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I hate hubworlds, there it is a particular reason why I prefer Adventure 2 and Heroes over the first Adventure (that and no Big the Cat)

macrules_640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 macrules_640

Yeah because you when to one stage after another in Adventure 2.

ktulu007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ktulu007
Member since 2004 • 41725 Posts
I say Sonic Adventure 2, I hate the Adventure fields in the first one and the story was better in the second.
dalejrgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 dalejrgamer
Member since 2005 • 6840 Posts

Sonic Heroes.

Solely on the grounds that of those listed, it's the only one I played.

GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GeoffZak
[QUOTE="GeoffZak"]

nunchuk28

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I hate hubworlds, there it is a particular reason why I prefer Adventure 2 and Heroes over the first Adventure (that and no Big the Cat)

Hubworlds (adventure fields) add replay value because whenever I play Sonic Heroes I'm following the same linear path over and over again. It got boring after I finished Team Sonic's story because every story has the same levels with some variations. I hated Sonic heroes because of that since you were playing the same thing over and over again.

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kbaily
[QUOTE="nunchuk28"][QUOTE="GeoffZak"]

GeoffZak

Hubworlds (adventure fields) add replay value because whenever I play Sonic Heroes I'm following the same linear path over and over again. It got boring after I finished Team Sonic's story because every story has the same levels with some variations. I hated Sonic heroes because of that since you were playing the same thing over and over again.

You're reasoning makes no sense. The hubworld in Sonic Adventure added nothing aside from a way to get from one stage to another. Even in games like Sonic Next Gen with a hub world, you still have to go do the action stages and in that game you play the same areas over and over again with only minor changes. In Sonic's story there's a pathetic attempt to extend the gameplay by making you play Wave Ocean AGAIN just as Tails. The stage is generally the same except for a few minor changes.

Explain to me how hub worlds somehow increase gameplay? What Are you talking about Adventure DX's extra missions like cuttng the grass and moving the statue? The old Genesis Sonic games were fine without hub areas. And you said yourself you didn't like Heroes because you played through the same game over again as other characters. That has nothing to do with a hub area. Sega should've ditched the other three teams and just made more action stages with Sonic, Tails and Knuckles. Having them wander around some town talking to people would've just been a distraction. I don't play Sonic games to waste time wandering around cities talking to people about nothing. If I want to do that I'll go play Zelda or World of Warcraft. I play Sonic games because I want to run fast through great stages.

GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GeoffZak

Running fast through the stages is fun, but what's left to do after you beat all of them? Play through them again? Alright do that, then what? Again? Now things are starting to get boring because I know everything about these stages. At least Sonic Adventure 2 had the chao garden for something else to do. Sonic Unleashed added a lot of side missions for you to do in the hub worlds after you finished all the levels, and really, the hubs worlds aren't that impeding in Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Adventure. If you don't like them, just run through them to get to the next stage a quickly as possible, you don't spend too much time there. And once you discover a new stage in Sonic Unleashed, you're given the option to go there directly from the world map.

Open world games that allow you to explore are the best, an adding the aspect of exploration to a game can never hurt. Even if talking to everyone doesn't serve much of a purpose, like in Sonic Adventure 1, I liked being able to explore a rainforest.

Each story in Sonic heroes followed the exact same format: Opening CGI scene, level 1, short scene, level 2, team vs. team fight, level 3, etc. I couldn't help but feel like I was literally playing the same exact thing over and over again. Sonic Adventure 1 did require you to repeat some levels, they did change depending on whoever's story it was, but the change felt more dramatic because playing as different characters served a purpose since each character had their own abilities that made them them. In Sonic Adventure, playing as Sonic feels completely different from playing as Amy. In Sonic Heroes it doesn't matter if you play as Sonic, Amy, Shadow or Espio, it all felt the same. Especially because you play the same exact levels over and over again.

Sonic Adventure 2 had completely different levels for both stories. Even if playing as Sonic feels the same as playing as Shadow, at least they give you different levels.

ktulu007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ktulu007
Member since 2004 • 41725 Posts
I hated that rain forest. I kept getting lost in it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5b7a4a209ddaf

Running fast through the stages is fun, but what's left to do after you beat all of them? Play through them again? Alright do that, then what? Again? Now things are starting to get boring because I know everything about these stages. At least Sonic Adventure 2 had the chao garden for something else to do. Sonic Unleashed added a lot of side missions for you to do in the hub worlds after you finished all the levels, and really, the hubs worlds aren't that impeding in Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Adventure. If you don't like them, just run through them to get to the next stage a quickly as possible, you don't spend too much time there. And once you discover a new stage in Sonic Unleashed, you're given the option to go there directly from the world map.

Open world games that allow you to explore are the best, an adding the aspect of exploration to a game can never hurt. Even if talking to everyone doesn't serve much of a purpose, like in Sonic Adventure 1, I liked being able to explore a rainforest.

Each story in Sonic heroes followed the exact same format: Opening CGI scene, level 1, short scene, level 2, team vs. team fight, level 3, etc. I couldn't help but feel like I was literally playing the same exact thing over and over again. Sonic Adventure 1 did require you to repeat some levels, they did change depending on whoever's story it was, but the change felt more dramatic because playing as different characters served a purpose since each character had their own abilities that made them them. In Sonic Adventure, playing as Sonic feels completely different from playing as Amy. In Sonic Heroes it doesn't matter if you play as Sonic, Amy, Shadow or Espio, it all felt the same. Especially because you play the same exact levels over and over again.

Sonic Adventure 2 had completely different levels for both stories. Even if playing as Sonic feels the same as playing as Shadow, at least they give you different levels.

GeoffZak

First of all, the chao garden is also on the first Sonic Adventure. Second (I'm going again with my theory), if a level is well designed you will rarely care of replaying it, sure playing 4 times on a row isn't that fun, but it is certainly better than running around a place with nothing to do except tedious side missions. And let me remind you, on Sonic Adventure you replayed the same stages! you only got different missions (yes, it is basically that, they are just shortened versions in most of the cases)

dalejrgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 dalejrgamer
Member since 2005 • 6840 Posts

I hated that rain forest. I kept getting lost in it.ktulu007

That stage is 0/10.

macrules_640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 macrules_640

I hated any of the stages had had to do with finding the Master Emerald shards.

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#33 sonicphc
Member since 2005 • 7779 Posts

I hated any of the stages had had to do with finding the Master Emerald shards.

macrules_640
They worked great in the first game, but then in the second one they decided to make the stages PAINFULLY large and nerfed the hell out of your radar, making a stage that would take 2-3 minutes take more like 10,
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 chocolate1325
Death Chamber was painful it took me over 15 minutes to beat.
macrules_640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 macrules_640

The one with Robotnik on the Ark where's it all dark took me a while to do as well.

GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 GeoffZak

First of all, the chao garden is also on the first Sonic Adventure. Second (I'm going again with my theory), if a level is well designed you will rarely care of replaying it, sure playing 4 times on a row isn't that fun, but it is certainly better than running around a place with nothing to do except tedious side missions. And let me remind you, on Sonic Adventure you replayed the same stages! you only got different missions (yes, it is basically that, they are just shortened versions in most of the cases)

nunchuk28

You completely ignored what I had to say about replaying the stages so allow me to rephrase that.

Yes you did repeat stages in Sonic Adventure 1 with different stories, but returning to those levels had more of a point because different characters have different abilities. Playing as Sonic feels completely different from playing as Amy. In Sonic Heroes it doesn't matter if you're Sonic, Amy, Shadow or Espio, it's all the same. Sonic's version of Windy Valley is completely different from Tail's version of Windy Valley. Team Sonic's version of Egg Fleet feels exactly the same as Team Dark's.

I had little motivation to complete the other three stories in Sonic Heroes because after I beat Team Sonic's story there was no point since everything was exactly the same. With the exception of team Chaotix who were only ones given side tasks to do while completing the same levels. But I still think Sega lacked creativity with Sonic Heroes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5b7a4a209ddaf
[QUOTE="nunchuk28"]

GeoffZak

You completely ignored what I had to say about replaying the stages so allow me to rephrase that.

Yes you did repeat stages in Sonic Adventure 1 with different stories, but returning to those levels had more of a point because different characters have different abilities. Playing as Sonic feels completely different from playing as Amy. In Sonic Heroes it doesn't matter if you're Sonic, Amy, Shadow or Espio, it's all the same. Sonic's version of Windy Valley is completely different from Tail's version of Windy Valley. Team Sonic's version of Egg Fleet feels exactly the same as Team Dark's.

I had little motivation to complete the other three stories in Sonic Heroes because after I beat Team Sonic's story there was no point since everything was exactly the same. With the exception of team Chaotix who were only ones given side tasks to do while completing the same levels. But I still think Sega lacked creativity with Sonic Heroes.

Tails Windy Valley is only the part after you escape the Tornado with Sonic. It isn't something new.

And you say theres more point on replaying stages with different missions? oh yes, it is so fun to replace speed stages with fishing. It is so fun to play as fast as a turtle with Amy. And it is so fun to search the emerald shards! Who cares about speed when you got searching, fishing and stealth on a game that should be a fast platformer?

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kbaily
[QUOTE="GeoffZak"][QUOTE="nunchuk28"]

nunchuk28

Tails Windy Valley is only the part after you escape the Tornado with Sonic. It isn't something new.

And you say theres more point on replaying stages with different missions? oh yes, it is so fun to replace speed stages with fishing. It is so fun to play as fast as a turtle with Amy. And it is so fun to search the emerald shards! Who cares about speed when you got searching, fishing and stealth on a game that should be a fast platformer?

Don't forget about Silver's levels in Next Gen that are slow with horrid aiming physics or playing Wave Ocean again as Tails who has an attack that's about as powerful as a bunny fart.

Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#39 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111406 Posts
This is why I always say Sonic Adventure was far from the "masterpiece" some claim it to be. Adventure 1 was basically a test subject for the Dreamcast. It didn't actually end up that "masterpiece" that it supposedly is. No, it's got some really bad gameplay, and if not for the Chao and the Sonic/Tails stages, I'd have been bored out of my mind.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 chocolate1325
I felt Adventure 1 was cool because of mostly the graphics and gameplay and badniks unlike its sequel where all you faced were GUN robots and you battled Eggman.
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#41 sonicphc
Member since 2005 • 7779 Posts
Ahh angry red text!
Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#42 Soniczero1993
Member since 2005 • 35070 Posts
I like the first Adventure over them all.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c35826ea3913
deactivated-5c35826ea3913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#43 deactivated-5c35826ea3913
Member since 2004 • 5298 Posts
I'll say Sonic Heroes mainly for the fact that it, more than any other 3D Sonic game, stayed pretty true to the spirit of the 2D games. You didn't HAVE to play the other teams besides Sonic (unless you just can't live without seeing the final final final boss) and the levels consisted of 2 action stages (that were pretty decently designed) and a boss fight. The visuals were pretty lighthearted and reminiscent of the old school games and the music was not horrendous (see Sonic and the Secret Rails).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5b7a4a209ddaf

I'll say Sonic Heroes mainly for the fact that it, more than any other 3D Sonic game, stayed pretty true to the spirit of the 2D games. You didn't HAVE to play the other teams besides Sonic (unless you just can't live without seeing the final final final boss) and the levels consisted of 2 action stages (that were pretty decently designed) and a boss fight. The visuals were pretty lighthearted and reminiscent of the old school games and the music was not horrendous (see Sonic and the Secret Rails).whoozwah

You mean Secret Rings? horrible, horrible music

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 kbaily

[QUOTE="whoozwah"]I'll say Sonic Heroes mainly for the fact that it, more than any other 3D Sonic game, stayed pretty true to the spirit of the 2D games. You didn't HAVE to play the other teams besides Sonic (unless you just can't live without seeing the final final final boss) and the levels consisted of 2 action stages (that were pretty decently designed) and a boss fight. The visuals were pretty lighthearted and reminiscent of the old school games and the music was not horrendous (see Sonic and the Secret Rails).nunchuk28

If you look back at our Secret Rings review many of us were shocked at how much the game got right and yet the one thing most modern Sonic games got right, SSR screwed up. We don't want lyrics during our in game music. Some of us rank this second to Sonic R in terms of ridiculous Sonic game music.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c35826ea3913
deactivated-5c35826ea3913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#46 deactivated-5c35826ea3913
Member since 2004 • 5298 Posts
I meant what I said about Sonic and the Secret Rails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5b7a4a209ddaf
[QUOTE="nunchuk28"]

[QUOTE="whoozwah"]I'll say Sonic Heroes mainly for the fact that it, more than any other 3D Sonic game, stayed pretty true to the spirit of the 2D games. You didn't HAVE to play the other teams besides Sonic (unless you just can't live without seeing the final final final boss) and the levels consisted of 2 action stages (that were pretty decently designed) and a boss fight. The visuals were pretty lighthearted and reminiscent of the old school games and the music was not horrendous (see Sonic and the Secret Rails).kbaily

If you look back at our Secret Rings review many of us were shocked at how much the game got right and yet the one thing most modern Sonic games got right, SSR screwed up. We don't want lyrics during our in game music. Some of us rank this second to Sonic R in terms of ridiculous Sonic game music.

At least on Sonic R you could quit the lyrics :|

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 chocolate1325
[QUOTE="kbaily"][QUOTE="nunchuk28"]

[QUOTE="whoozwah"]I'll say Sonic Heroes mainly for the fact that it, more than any other 3D Sonic game, stayed pretty true to the spirit of the 2D games. You didn't HAVE to play the other teams besides Sonic (unless you just can't live without seeing the final final final boss) and the levels consisted of 2 action stages (that were pretty decently designed) and a boss fight. The visuals were pretty lighthearted and reminiscent of the old school games and the music was not horrendous (see Sonic and the Secret Rails).nunchuk28

At least on Sonic R you could quit the lyrics :|

You actually could because I did it.
macrules_640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 macrules_640
Well at least the music in Sonic Unleashed was pretty good right?
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 kbaily

Well at least the music in Sonic Unleashed was pretty good right?macrules_640

I thought it was great especially the day stages. Why I didn't totally hate the music in games like Next Gen (Next Gen's soundtrac was probably the best thing it had going for it) but since the jump to 3D Sonic games felt the need to fill their in game music full of cock rock where Unleashed's music felt reminscent of the Genesis era. Fast, fun and upbeat and appropriate to the place Sonic was in.