EmptySki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#51 EmptySki
Member since 2004 • 3743 Posts

I guess I was a Sega kid. My older cousin had (still has it) a Genesis and we played that to death, especially Streets of Rage and the Sonic games. I personally got a GameGear for Christmas when I was young and I had no clue what it was. I loved that system. I then got a Genesis from a neighbor who just gave it to me. So yeah I was a Sega kid for a long time before I got my first (new) console system, the PS1. But I never had any arguments with friends about Sega vs. Nintendo. Those arguments were saved for Sony vs. Microsoft many years later when I was in high school, lol.

-Water-Wings-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 -Water-Wings-
Member since 2006 • 1099 Posts

Nintendo. I didn't know anything about Sega when I was a kid.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#53 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Unknown

Played on NES 1st, owned a Genesis for 1st console in my house, still played NES and SNES games at friends house until I got my own Nintendo systems a few years later, so I did lots of gaming on both systems.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#54  Edited By TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33351 Posts

I was more of a Nintendo kid, since I've had all the main Nintendo consoles. The only Sega console I've had was the Genesis.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I would say, Nintendo. The only Sega I ever owned was the Game Gear.

pikachewbacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56 pikachewbacca
Member since 2015 • 127 Posts

My cousin and I grew up with different consoles. So I had (or should I say my sister had) a Nes. My cousin had a Mega drive and Game Gear. Admittedly for my first console I owned a Sega Master System II but went back to Nintendo and became a total N64 fanboy and my cousin got a Playstation. Then I became a working adult and bought every console on the market :p

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#57 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

I had the original nes. i owned the genesis but i enjoyed snes way more. wish i had gotten both systems. I dont think i could have justified that to my parents when i was a kid though lol.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#58 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

Depends. Sega Mega Drive was the first console my family owned, and I played Sonic 1 on it all the time (very proud moment for 3 year old me when I beat it, even if I did get a TON of help from my Mum). But the first system that was bought just for me was a GB, mainly to play Pokemon. So there is a case for both.

Also my first home console that was just mine was a PS1, so that's also a candidate.

piMple97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 piMple97
Member since 2015 • 11 Posts

I was a genesis kid. Grew up with some great classics. And the kind that aren't talked about too much. I had Sonic and stuff, and those were great, but I liked beat em ups. Battletoads Double Dragon was my favorite. That game kicked ass. The Adventures of Batman and Robin was another one that I would frequent.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

Nintendo. the only Sega hardware i owned was a Game Gear until the Dreamcast came out and i just got that for RE Code Veroncia

Assassin_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61  Edited By Assassin_87
Member since 2004 • 2349 Posts

I was far, FAR onto the Sega side of the fence growing up. I had a Genesis (second gen that came bundled with Sonic 2 and was actually my first ever console), a Sega CDX (a cool looking little console that I still have in storage), the 32X, a Game Gear, a Saturn and a Dreamcast. I still have the Dreamcast and the Genesis hooked up to my television.

Now, eventually (by trading a few comics to a buddy of mine when we were in middle school - good deal for me lol) I did acquire a SNES and a ton of games, as well as getting an N64 for Christmas in 1998, so I wasn't all Sega all the time, but it was a huge preference and I have the greatest gaming memories from my younger years with things like Streets of Rage and Sonic 1-3 and Sonic CD.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#62 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3640 Posts

I liked Nintendo more than Sega since I grew up with Nintendo and never got into the Sega Genesis aside from Sonic and Streets of Rage, Vectorman, etc.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#63 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

I had a NES. Then when I wanted a SNES, my parents ended up buying me a Genesis. I loved it. I fell in love with Sonic.

But that was the only Sega console I owned.

DrSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 DrSpoon
Member since 2015 • 628 Posts

Nintendo, but always wanted a Mega Drive too :(

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

I first played SEGA systems, since my older brother had a Game Gear and I sometimes played it when he was at school (this was when I was 3 or 4 years old). My friend also had a SEGA Genesis, which I often played. Once I got my first Gameboy Color though, I became more of a Nintendo fan, though I loved SEGA (and Playstation) as well.

lilasianwonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 lilasianwonder
Member since 2007 • 5982 Posts

Nintendo.

darth_timon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 darth_timon
Member since 2015 • 7 Posts

First of all, I'd like to say hello! New here, so this is my opening post!

I was very much Nintendo growing up. My parents got my brother and I a NES one year for Christmas, and that was it, I never looked back. I loved the original Super Mario Bros, and Snake Rattle 'n' Roll (please tell me someone else remembers that!), and there was a monster truck game that was also heaps of fun.

From there, it was the SNES, Super Mario World, Mario Kart, A Link to the Past, Sim City, Star Fox, Street Racer and so many more great games. I never rejected the Sega games and consoles, but Nintendo was (and still is) where my gaming heart lies.

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68 kenakuma
Member since 2007 • 3462 Posts

Nintendo but only because I didn't get into gaming until the N64.

This whole summer however I've only been playing my genesis and game gear that I bought in recent years so I've been catching up.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#69 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

I wanted to be a Sega kid. perhaps it was the marketing, the arcade ports or the sleek looking black and red system but it wasn't commonly found in stores locally as Nintendo was so that's what I got. Glad I did though because the games were overall superior.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f56fcab5da82
deactivated-5f56fcab5da82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#70 deactivated-5f56fcab5da82
Member since 2019 • 118 Posts

Sega. First console and all.