Trump refers to a non-existent incident in Sweden.

• 52 results
Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts

@WhiteKnight77 said:
@Maroxad said:

@playmynutz: That is just Fox news sucking at maths... again. The actual % is off by a whole magnitude ;) It is at 0.3%, which to be fair is still a dismal number.

But that also highlights the main problem here. The problem, despite what the paranoid people say... is NOT terrorism or crime, which despite the rise of refugees, the actual crime rate has barely gone up. The problem is the fact that there just isn't enough work for them.

Edit: That is of course assuming they want to work.

Some refugees come here not to flee from war, but rather to take advantage of the economic system. Of the total population, (50%) lack marketable skills in the highly competitive marketplace, language barriers can make it difficult to find work and sometimes there is just genuine discrimination going on. the thing is not as black and white as some people would like to believe. Due to an aging population, I can say I am for the immigration process sweden is doing. HOWEVER, while getting in more young blood into the workforce is good, Sweden is kinda biting a hell lot more than it can chew at the moment. Balance and moderation is key.

Allowing such a large unskilled population into one's country where there are few to no jobs for them is not a smart move. When one has a country whose job market requires skills of some sort, having thousands and thousands of people sitting around getting free services (on the backs of the taxpayers in said country) is gonna cause people to fell a pinch from the government or from the immigrants themselves someway, somehow.

And this is the real problem I wish people would focus on. Instead they try to push that they cause violence when the facts don't support it. They know the facts don't support it so instead they take isolated incidents and report on them to death to give the illusion that the violence is rising.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23919 Posts

@Nick3306 said:
@WhiteKnight77 said:

Allowing such a large unskilled population into one's country where there are few to no jobs for them is not a smart move. When one has a country whose job market requires skills of some sort, having thousands and thousands of people sitting around getting free services (on the backs of the taxpayers in said country) is gonna cause people to fell a pinch from the government or from the immigrants themselves someway, somehow.

And this is the real problem I wish people would focus on. Instead they try to push that they cause violence when the facts don't support it. They know the facts don't support it so instead they take isolated incidents and report on them to death to give the illusion that the violence is rising.

Bingo, I agree with you two 100%.

I love the idea of having immigrants here. But the current system just promotes welfare tourism. Sweden's current resources simply put, can not support all these refugees, as I said, we take in far more than our resources can support.