The official "how long until Trump is impeached" poll thread!

• 57 results
N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By N64DD

Poll The official "how long until Trump is impeached" poll thread! (66 votes)

1-2 months 3%
3-5 months 5%
6 months to year 8%
1-2 years 27%
3-4 years 6%
2nd term 0%
Never 50%

I wish I could turn this into a Super Bowl squares type thingy!

• 
Bullet_Sponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 Bullet_Sponge
Member since 2003 • 3579 Posts

Devos illustrates how important party affiliation is. If he's gonna be impeached, it'll have to wait.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts

I'll give him 6 months to a year.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@Archangel3371: I put 1-2 years.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

1 year on ethics charges.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 N64DD

How is impeachment started? Anybody know the process?

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38678 Posts

@Bullet_Sponge said:

Devos illustrates how important party affiliation is. If he's gonna be impeached, it'll have to wait.

this.

party over country

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#7  Edited By deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

Are we talking how long until impeachment is officially brought up, or how long before he is impeached and leaves office? I cant see impeachment taking long to be brought up officially, seeing as he is putting our national standing in peril with every dumbass thing he says, but the courts will drag it out. If anyone knows frivolous lawsuits, it's Trump. Idiot sued Bill Maher stating proof he wasn't the son of an orangutan. He's batty as hell.

And I think his cabinet will smash Reagan's record of the most cabinet officials force to resign, brought up on ethics charges, or going to jail for criminal activity. Reagan had like 225 or so. Trump will smaaaaaaash that record. If you thought Reagan's attorney general being investigated over illegal activity, sheeeeeit, you have seen nothing yet.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 N64DD

@hillelslovak: For the process to officially begin, not to just be talked about.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

My vote is that he will never be impeached. I'm not going so far as to predict a second term, but losing the presidency via campaign is different from impeachment.

Bullet_Sponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Bullet_Sponge
Member since 2003 • 3579 Posts

Nixon technically wasn't impeached, but his resignation came as a direct result of his impending impeachment. If Trump doesn't fulfill his full term, I suspect it'll go down in a similar manner.

Hmm...I'm not familiar enough with the nature of congress to answer that N64DD, but my guess is that there will be rumblings of impeachments in the house, but nothing official until Democrats have a majority.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

I doubt the GOP will do a damn thing (too much party loyalty) so it will be all up to the Democrats.

Democrats are making moves

_____

So... if I read this correctly, the republicans will have following choices:

Debate this in committee
Debate this on the floor of the house
Pass the resolution without debate
Change the parliamentary rules (which is only possible with a 2/3 vote of the House)
Ignore it, knowing that just like our constitution, rules only have power if they're followed.

Permalink'd

I do have to restate that from Reddit user ajaxsinger. What will come of all this when the GOP controls Congress and sees party above all else?

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#12 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Good luck impeaching him in our polarizing party politics.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Obama was never impeached for being a sellout and strengthening the NSA.

I'm sure the powers that be will protect Trump if he plays on their side. I still give 1-2 years for incompetency.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#14 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

@n64dd said:

@hillelslovak: For the process to officially begin, not to just be talked about.

Still, doubtful anything happens. If there's one thing about cult leaders, they know how to keep the spell going.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58306 Posts

He won't be impeached; Trump is way too smart*, much smarter than people give him credit for. Maybe not smart "smart", but devious...clever...sinister. The man will throw so many people under the bus before even remotely putting himself at risk that by the time any investigation get's to him the four years will have come and gone.

Though I must admit, I would like to see what happens to Conway; she just endorsed Ivanka's clothing line and as a high-ranking government official that was highly illegal; I wonder if anything will come of that.

*not an endorsement or compliment.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mrbojangles25

@n64dd said:

I think you need to cheat on your wife and make a sex-stain...

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts

@Bullet_Sponge said:

Yeah, either the Democrats will need to have control of the House (to start the process) and the Senate (to actually impeach), or he's going to have to royally tick off the wrong people in his own party.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#18 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

In other news, Trump had announced he's going to honor "One China" policy after his phone call with Xi. Since he had that call with President Tsai, that HAS to feel insulting.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

He won't be impeached; Trump is way too smart*, much smarter than people give him credit for. Maybe not smart "smart", but devious...clever...sinister. The man will throw so many people under the bus before even remotely putting himself at risk that by the time any investigation get's to him the four years will have come and gone.

Though I must admit, I would like to see what happens to Conway; she just endorsed Ivanka's clothing line and as a high-ranking government official that was highly illegal; I wonder if anything will come of that.

With his conflict of interests I can see him being impeached......but I'd say we'd have to wait for interim elections when the Reps should lose some seats....either that or the people need to keep the pressure up. Reps don't want to lose their seat for anyone....even the president.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#20 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

I'm not sure he will be but at least now that he's felt the full sting of limitations his executive power has, he'll start thinking things through and with professional consultation. Trump relies too much on executive power.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

@killered3:

Yes, he's starting to realize he can't be a dictator to the world or even this country like he seems to have expected. He actually caved and acknowledged the "One China" policy, which is a step in the right direction. I actually think these humbling experiences may help him grow past his 3rd grade mentality, at least I like to think so.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mrbojangles25

@LJS9502_basic said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

With his conflict of interests I can see him being impeached......but I'd say we'd have to wait for interim elections when the Reps should lose some seats....either that or the people need to keep the pressure up. Reps don't want to lose their seat for anyone....even the president.

yeah I actually woke up this morning and was reading the news, sounds like Congress is feeling the heat now; a lot of Congressmen seem to be scared. I think you might be right!

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#23 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@R3FURBISHED:

I don't know man, I think there are a few prominent republicans that would leap at the opportunity. The Governor of my state is a Republican, everytime the topic of Trump comes up. he never gives a clear answer!! lol...so I know he's not alone, especially with Republicans in higher positions.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

He won't be impeached unless Dems have majorities in the upper and lower chambers of congress (which won't happen). The only other option is if a small group of republicans join the ranks, but they've shown to unify even with Trump at the helm. I can't even imagine what would need to happen to have the GOP flake apart.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@MarcRecon said:

@R3FURBISHED:

I don't know man, I think there are a few prominent republicans that would leap at the opportunity. The Governor of my state is a Republican, everytime the topic of Trump comes up. he never gives a clear answer!! lol...so I know he's not alone, especially with Republicans in higher positions.

We're talking about the unification of Congress towards a goal, impeachment. Do we really think there is any one issue (other than the US homeland being invaded) that could bring this Congress together?

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#26 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@R3FURBISHED said:
@MarcRecon said:

@R3FURBISHED:

We're talking about the unification of Congress towards a goal, impeachment. Do we really think there is any one issue (other than the US homeland being invaded) that could bring this Congress together?

lol, Yeah it sounds crazy, but there has been nothing normal about what's been going on in this country and abroad since Trump's Administration began. I can't deny what you are saying is rational, but at this point, I think that anything is possible.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#27  Edited By iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

It takes the majority vote in the Senate to get it even discussed. Republicans are the majority in the Senate. If they are willing to go with some of trumps awful picks and use the nuclear option to get them to go through like what happened with devos, he won't be impeached. I think he would have to do something truly catastrophic to get the republicans in Senate to say he's unfit. But even then, if it's reported on, it's fake news and he just dismisses facts as outright lies. He is a master of discrediting anyone who opposes him.

zeroyaoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 zeroyaoi
Member since 2013 • 2472 Posts

He won't get impeached.

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 bmanva
Member since 2002 • 4680 Posts

Never thought that he would win in the first place, so not sure of anything anymore.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7270 Posts

It's not happening. House starts the process and the Republicans gerrymandered their districts so well, they won't be losing control any time soon. Even if he pisses them all off, they know his supporters will make them pay for going after him.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#32 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@n64dd said:

The president have to do something highly illegal or have "sex" with his interns like a certain Clinton.

So i give Trump a never.

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts

I don't like him, but I doubt that will happen. I hope it doesn't either, Pence is a lot worse.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@n64dd said:

The president have to do something highly illegal or have "sex" with his interns like a certain Clinton.

So i give Trump a never.

Bill Clinton wasn't impeached for having sex with an intern, he was impeached for perjury and obstructing justice.

During a trail for sexual harassment with a different employee, she brought up the Lewinsky affair as evidence of him having a pattern of sexual behaviour towards employees. He then denied that the affair was real, and when it was discovered the affair was real it meant he had lied while under oath.

He should have either admitted to the affair or just plead the fifth. Lying was a very bad idea.

Avatar image for XenogearsMaster
XenogearsMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 XenogearsMaster
Member since 2007 • 3175 Posts

1 to 2 years. It's been a month and it looks the White House is in shambles. Probably by month 6, he'll start losing his shit then his cabinet members will be dropping out like flies, there will be more investigation after investigation specially his ties to Russia, his approval rating will go down in the 20s, he is the biggest liar we ever had as a president and ultimately that will destroy him. And after the first year, plans on impeachment will be underway.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By mrbojangles25

if he keeps lying, he is going to eventually find himself in enough trouble. So maybe?

So far his lies have been little "blunders" or "misunderstandings" but they will only get worse.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

There is a smaller election in a year or two from now, isn't it? Because I don't see this happening as long as Republicans control both house and senate.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LJS9502_basic

@horgen said:

There is a smaller election in a year or two from now, isn't it? Because I don't see this happening as long as Republicans control both house and senate.

Interim elections are mid term. And Reps should lose some seats.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 comp_atkins

@Serraph105 said:

My vote is that he will never be impeached. I'm not going so far as to predict a second term, but losing the presidency via campaign is different from impeachment.

he already started campaigning for the next election down in florida

i though obama was supposed to be the campaigner-in-chief. looks like trump pwns him on that as well!

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 LJS9502_basic

@comp_atkins said:
@Serraph105 said:

he already started campaigning for the next election down in florida

i though obama was supposed to be the campaigner-in-chief. looks like trump pwns him on that as well!

Trump can't actually do the job....he can only campaign. Watch his support eat it up though.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mattbbpl

Considering that he is bordering on pay-for-play from foreign governments already it should be soon. But his own party controls the chambers the oversee the process so it won't happen unless they feel like he's given them no other options politically.

I vote "never" at this point. That could change given chamber makeup or truly abysmal support that starts to affect the party as a unit.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 horgen  Moderator

@LJS9502_basic said:
@horgen said:

If people bother to vote.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By mattbbpl

@horgen said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@horgen said:

If people bother to vote.

And the chances of the House flipping are slim to none.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 horgen  Moderator

@mattbbpl said:

I don't get it. This would be a great chance for democratic voters to actually stop Trump from doing what he promised he would do.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 mattbbpl

@horgen said:
@mattbbpl said:

I don't get it. This would be a great chance for democratic voters to actually stop Trump from doing what he promised he would do.

Gerrymandering in action.

Most the Republican House seats are in ultra-safe districts carved out by Operation REDMAP.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 horgen  Moderator

@mattbbpl said:

Gerrymandering in action.

Most the Republican House seats are in ultra-safe districts carved out by Operation REDMAP.

Then I hope the Republicans starts to lean right... And never stops.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 mattbbpl

@horgen said:

I don't think I understand what you're saying. Don't the Republicans already "lean right"?

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 comp_atkins

@mattbbpl said:
@horgen said:

I don't think I understand what you're saying. Don't the Republicans already "lean right"?

fall over and die?

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 mattbbpl

@comp_atkins said:
@mattbbpl said:
@horgen said:

fall over and die?

LOL. Yeah, there's not a lot of room there further to the right.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

There were "Not my President" protests today calling for his impeachment. If people on the right did this with Obama a month after he took the oath, the left would be calling everyone who participated racist. smh

Until he explicitly breaks the law, he cannot be impeached and he cannot be impeached just because you don't like him.