SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8313 Posts

https://nypost.com/2021/10/14/joe-rogan-takes-on-sanjay-gupta-over-cnn-lying-about-covid-treatment/

CNN’s chief medical correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta acknowledged that the network shouldn’t have called a controversial drug being used as a COVID-19 treatment a “horse dewormer” — as he was grilled by podcast host Joe Rogan about why the media was “lying” about the medication.

Gupta was confronted by Rogan about how the network has handled its coverage of ivermectin, a drug also used to treat or prevent parasites in animals such as horses, on the Wednesday episode of “The Joe Rogan Experience.”

“They shouldn’t have said that,” Gupta said of the network referring to the medication as a “horse dewormer.”

The heated exchange over ivermectin began when the pair was discussing Rogan’s bout with the virus earlier this year.

This was really funny, Sanjay knows Joe is right, but he's got to shill for the corporation that pays his bills.

The 3 hour show was pretty good, I actually had respect for Sanjay for going on.

Too bad when he went back on CNN to talk about the interview he showed himself to be a typical 2 faced fraud. Little respect I thought I had for him evaporated.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts

@girlusocrazy said:

Ok? They're having a pedantic argument? No shortage of those...

Yeah I don't see what he thinks this topic proves. Not using the term horse dewormer is not the same as saying it's okay to treat covid. Should be locked TBH. Nothing to discuss here. Rogan isn't right either.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SargentD

@LJS9502_basic: he wasn't taking horse dewormer, they knew, blatant lying

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: Not surprised by your response as you were suckling CNNs tit and spreading the same lies.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LJS9502_basic

@vfighter said:

@LJS9502_basic: Not surprised by your response as you were suckling CNNs tit and spreading the same lies.

I don't watch CNN.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44618 Posts

He demands an apology because people said he took animal medicine. Moron, good for him, they make parasite medicine for humans, he should be proud.

Loading Video...

I also don't like Sanjay Gupta, he was a major opponent of universal healthcare and he can burn in hell for all I care.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 694 Posts

Well ivermectin is actually used for treating parasites in animals. Its used for the same purpose in humans too.

Joe is so much in to alternative medicine. There is yet to be any conclusive studies that ivermectin is safe at the dosage that would supposedly be useful to contain coronavirus, yet he takes it and is all over it. Maybe it will turn out to be useful, but why take the risk before studies are finished if you have alternatives?

But when it comes to fda approved treatment for covid and vaccines. He doesn't care about the many peer review studies validating them and is extremely cautious towards them.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58413 Posts

Sorry, but is that grilling? Seemed pretty civil.

Also that's a five-minute clip out of a three-hour long, zero-interruptions discussion they had.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

Media makes most their money from advertisers. If I am not mistaken, CNN's advertisers are big pharma. It's not hard to see the conflict of interest, and the motivation to spread the disinformation as CNN has been doing. It has also come out in a statement by Dr Pierre Kory of the FLCCC (Frontline Covid Critical Care Alliance) that 100-200 US Senators, their immediate families and staffers have been given Ivermectin to treat Covid-19.

Big pharma doesn't want the problem solved by a cheap, readily available drug they cannot control and won't profit off of, so CNN calls it "horse dewormer."

Likewise, reports have also come out that Aspirin and it's anti-clotting characteristics that have aided heart attack patients for decades, also reduces the severity of Covid and increases the recovery time. Less than a week after that announcement, multiple major media outlets have told people over 60 to stop taking Aspirin.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Nirgal

Thats a lot of information without any sources. Who are this 200 senators, why where they taking ivermectin? Where they all inflected at the same time? Is the medication now considered profilactic? Most senators are vaccinated anyway.

Honestly, it looks like a whole lot of wishful thinking.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SargentD

@nirgal: Joe's doctor prescribed him the medication and it's the version of it that's prescribed FOR humans. It's not hard to recognize CNN had some sort of interest in misleading the public in treating it as purely a horse dewormer you buy from a friggin livestock feed store.

They were trying to mislead the public, I think Joe should sue CNN for defamation. They tried to slander him for taking a medication made for people that his doctor prescribed him.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LJS9502_basic
@sargentd said:

@nirgal: Joe's doctor prescribed him the medication and it's the version of it that's prescribed FOR humans. It's not hard to recognize CNN had some sort of interest in misleading the public in treating it as purely a horse dewormer you buy from a friggin livestock feed store.

They were trying to mislead the public, I think Joe should sue CNN for defamation. They tried to slander him for taking a medication made for people that his doctor prescribed him.

Except people were taking the ivermectin for animals.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

'Exposes medical propaganda', this is one sh*t tier thread.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SargentD

@LJS9502_basic: why wouldn't CNN explain to the public the drug has versions made for people separate from the version made for animals?

Instead they grouped it all in together as a livestock drug.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SargentD

@HoolaHoopMan: not exposing "medical propaganda" but "CNN propaganda".

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 HoolaHoopMan

@sargentd said:

@HoolaHoopMan: not exposing "medical propaganda" but "CNN propaganda".

What I saw being 'exposed' was Joe Rogan's brainless excuses for skipping a vaccine and giving out dangerous medical advice that is costing people their lives.

So why isn't that the title we're seeing? The 'lie' in question is a pedantic side point to the overall picture: Ivermectin is not approved for COVID treatment and there is no evidence showing it's efficacy. No 'right or wrong' on the definition of what Ivermectin is will change that.

This isn't a gotcha moment.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SargentD

@HoolaHoopMan: what dangerous medical advice did Joe give out to people. Elaborate.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 HoolaHoopMan

@sargentd said:

@HoolaHoopMan: what dangerous medical advice did Joe give out to people. Elaborate.

Pretty easy.

He's said in the recent past that people don't need to get the vaccine if they are 'young and healthy'.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SargentD

@HoolaHoopMan: can you link to the exact thing he said

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 HoolaHoopMan
@sargentd said:

@HoolaHoopMan: can you link to the exact thing he said

Made the rounds a couple of months ago.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/550532-spotifys-joe-rogan-says-healthy-young-people-dont-need-to-worry-about-getting

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SargentD

@HoolaHoopMan: "On his show “The Joe Rogan Experience,” the podcast host urged people to get vaccinated “if you’re vulnerable” saying he thinks “for the most part it’s safe.” But Rogan said if a 21-year-old asks him if they should get the vaccine, “I’ll go, ‘No.’”

“Are you healthy?” he said in his April 23 podcast. “Are you a healthy person? Like, look, don't do anything stupid, but you should take care of yourself. You should – if you're a healthy person, and you're exercising all the time, and you're young, and you’re eating well, like, I don't think you need to worry about this.”

I don't think that's dangerous talk at all, I find it to be very reasonable *shrug*

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

@sargentd: Joe Rogan almost certainly caught covid from someone who took that same kind of advice. Was it safe for that person? Maybe, we'll likely never know, but was it safe for the people around that person? People like Joe Rogan? Absolutely not.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SargentD

@Serraph105: "almost certainly" you mean nobody knows where he caught it and people who get the vaccine can still test positive and spread it.. :)

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 HoolaHoopMan

@sargentd said:

@HoolaHoopMan: "On his show “The Joe Rogan Experience,” the podcast host urged people to get vaccinated “if you’re vulnerable” saying he thinks “for the most part it’s safe.” But Rogan said if a 21-year-old asks him if they should get the vaccine, “I’ll go, ‘No.’”

“Are you healthy?” he said in his April 23 podcast. “Are you a healthy person? Like, look, don't do anything stupid, but you should take care of yourself. You should – if you're a healthy person, and you're exercising all the time, and you're young, and you’re eating well, like, I don't think you need to worry about this.”

I don't think that's dangerous talk at all, I find it to be very reasonable *shrug*

Its opposite of what medical professionals are suggesting. He's providing unsound medical advice.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Eoten

@HoolaHoopMan said:
@sargentd said:

Its opposite of what medical professionals are suggesting. He's providing unsound medical advice.

It's not opposite of what medical professionals are suggesting though. It's opposite of the medical professionals put on exhibition by your trusted news sources are suggesting. There's a difference.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

@sargentd: Yes. That's why I used the word "almost". Because people who are vaccinated against covid are far less likely to spread it. It's not impossible for the opposite to happen, but statistically it's far less likely.

Avatar image for deactivated-622fe92f3678e
deactivated-622fe92f3678e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-622fe92f3678e
Member since 2021 • 1836 Posts

Joe Rogan? Next. And he changed the topic quick from his first lie.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Nirgal

@eoten: Which medical association is recommending young adults not to get the vaccine?

Or is ir also like those 200 senators taking ivermectin? Just something you heard and enjoying believing even if there was not proof to it.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Nirgal

@sargentd: its the same medication that is used for animals and has not been approved to be used for covid. Advising against it is the correct thing to do before there are any studies that show its safe and effective against covid. Specially since other treatments already exists and several

vaccines have been approved

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6955 Posts

Stupid thread.

Would you feel better if it was called a human dewormer? Or Dewormer, Human Version?

Or maybe clarity between the tablet form and the topical form. Maybe Human, Head Lice Version.

WTF makes anyone think a dewormer or head lice product is a good idea for covid treatment?

Why not bleach? Or cough syrup? Or maybe whatever is used to treat bunions? Or ****, chemotherapy. Better yet blast that covid shit with some funky radiation.

Can't get in to see your doctor...no problem go to the hardware store get yourself a propane torch. Most likely places that shit hides...eyes, nose, mouth. 10 secs should do it.

But wait, why are you doing this at all Joe? Are yah scared or something?

Joe Rogan...pedantic puke. Maybe actually think about the collective action and public health issues before trolling stupid shit.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By HoolaHoopMan

@eoten said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

It's not opposite of what medical professionals are suggesting though. It's opposite of the medical professionals put on exhibition by your trusted news sources are suggesting. There's a difference.

Your schtick is getting old. Time to wrap it up and go home.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

For someone who takes horse dewormer Joe get really triggered when people point out he takes horse dewormer.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Nirgal

@SUD123456: there is some evidence that ivermectin might prevent virus entering inside human cells. But research is very preliminary and effective doses may be dangerous for humans nervous system.

Its not completely wacky to use this substance, its just not proven to work or be safe yet. So it makes sense that they recommend against it.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#35  Edited By Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26108 Posts

Even as trashy as CNN is, Joe Rogan is clearly out of his league here. CNN lacking "decorum" in talking about the subject is not as bad as actually being ambivalent whether his audience actually takes such an inappropriate drug or not.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Eoten

@nirgal said:

@eoten: Which medical association is recommending young adults not to get the vaccine?

Or is ir also like those 200 senators taking ivermectin? Just something you heard and enjoying believing even if there was not proof to it.

The World Health Organization for one.

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/covid-19-vaccines/advice

Avatar image for deactivated-622fe92f3678e
deactivated-622fe92f3678e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By deactivated-622fe92f3678e
Member since 2021 • 1836 Posts

@eoten: Children and adolescents tend to have milder disease compared to adults, so unless they are part of a group at higher risk of severe COVID-19, it is less urgent to vaccinate them than older people, those with chronic health conditions and health workers.

Wrong again eoten. They said it less urgent, not that they shouldnt get it.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LJS9502_basic

@eoten said:
@nirgal said:

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/covid-19-vaccines/advice

Not reading your links again I see. All that said is it's less urgent for younger children than older adults. But it says everyone should get vaccinated when they can.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23944 Posts

@eoten said:
@nirgal said:

From your own source

Take whatever vaccine is made available to you first, even if you have already had COVID-19. It is important to be vaccinated as soon as possible once it’s your turn and not wait.Approved COVID-19 vaccines provide a high degree of protection against getting seriously ill and dying from the disease, although no vaccine is 100% protective.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127517 Posts

@Maroxad said:
@eoten said:
@nirgal said:

From your own source

Take whatever vaccine is made available to you first, even if you have already had COVID-19. It is important to be vaccinated as soon as possible once it’s your turn and not wait.Approved COVID-19 vaccines provide a high degree of protection against getting seriously ill and dying from the disease, although no vaccine is 100% protective.

Classic Eoten.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Eoten

@Maroxad said:
@eoten said:
@nirgal said:

From your own source

Did they or did they not specifically claim safety for those 18 and over? Or are you ignoring that part? Do you think WHO is credible?

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

This is like good stand up at this point! 🤣

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23944 Posts

@eoten said:

Did they or did they not specifically claim safety for those 18 and over? Or are you ignoring that part? Do you think WHO is credible?

It claimed safety for most 18 and above. Or you know, the age people become young adults.-

The COVID-19 vaccines are safe for most people 18 years and older, including those with pre-existing conditions of any kind, including auto-immune disorders. These conditions include: hypertension, diabetes, asthma, pulmonary, liver and kidney disease, as well as chronic infections that are stable and controlled.

The WHO is one of the most respected medical organizations worldwide, if not THE most respected.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6967 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@girlusocrazy said:

Yeah I don't see what he thinks this topic proves. Not using the term horse dewormer is not the same as saying it's okay to treat covid. Should be locked TBH. Nothing to discuss here. Rogan isn't right either.

Rogan was completely right and as usual Gupta and CNN looked like a bunch of clowns. They lied plain and simple.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LJS9502_basic

@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@girlusocrazy said:

Rogan was completely right and as usual Gupta and CNN looked like a bunch of clowns. They lied plain and simple.

Rogan was not right. I don't care who he's talking with. He minimizes the importance of vaccines. And apparently promotes medication not recommended for covid. He lies plain and simple.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: Do you always lie and just make BS up? He was PRESCRIBED the medication by a DOCTOR, a HUMAN medication that CNN and other disingenuous left leaning "news" organizations wouldn't mention by name and just kept call it the horse dewormer.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6967 Posts
@LJS9502_basic said:
@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@girlusocrazy said:

Rogan was not right. I don't care who he's talking with. He minimizes the importance of vaccines. And apparently promotes medication not recommended for covid. He lies plain and simple.

He wasn't talking about the vaccine here. He talked about how CNN lied and they did. The medicine was prescribed by a medical professional and CNN lied. Gupta even acknowledged this. He was 100% correct. Are you even familiar with the conversation?

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Eoten

@Maroxad said:
@eoten said:

It claimed safety for most 18 and above. Or you know, the age people become young adults.-

The COVID-19 vaccines are safe for most people 18 years and older, including those with pre-existing conditions of any kind, including auto-immune disorders. These conditions include: hypertension, diabetes, asthma, pulmonary, liver and kidney disease, as well as chronic infections that are stable and controlled.

The WHO is one of the most respected medical organizations worldwide, if not THE most respected.

Then you can see they do not recommend it for children.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127517 Posts

@eoten said:
@nirgal said:

We start by speaking of young adults.... And when the response includes this

The COVID-19 vaccines are safe for most people 18 years and older,including those with pre-existing conditions of any kind, including auto-immune disorders. These conditions include: hypertension, diabetes, asthma, pulmonary, liver and kidney disease, as well as chronic infections that are stable and controlled.

We naturally have to move the goalpost a little.

@eoten said:

Then you can see they do not recommend it for children.