Female swimmer accuses NCAA of allowing trans women to expose her to male genitalia

• 58 results
Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 685 Posts

https://www.boundingintosports.com/2023/02/former-kentucky-swimmer-riley-gaines-accuses-ncaa-of-encouraging-sexual-assault-and-voyeurism-by-allowing-men-to-expose-themselves-to-female-swimmers/

The title is a mouthful and i was not sure how to write it. Also, this source is very bias, but i can't put the original i was reading because that one is in Spanish.

Basically, it's a female swimmer complaining that a female trans swimmer was allowed to change in the same locker room as her despite having male genitalia.

She claims none of the female swimmers were ask for permission or were notified before this was done.

It's an interesting case of individual rights conflciting with each other and in this case i believe protection of biological women should take priority.

What do you guys think?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58317 Posts

I think when it comes to stuff like this where there are objective, scientific differences between sexes, then we need to observe the established, traditional rules and etiquette.

You want to be trans, be trans. That can usually work socially and culturally. But also know when to recognize that you're the odd one out and need to maybe change your ways, once in a while, in order to keep the peace and make others comfortable. Not all the time mind you, just sometimes. You can't always get your way.

I know the LGBTQ community still has a lot of progress to make on tolerance and acceptance, and I know they have to fight and sometimes be in people's faces about it a lot...but sometimes maybe humor the average cis folks? Just a suggestion to maybe be diplomatic.

In either case, I imagine in 10-20 years we might get over our old-fashioned ideals and will be taking co-ed showers anyway a la Starship Troopers; those folks didn't have any issues getting naked in front of eachother.

But until then, if you got a dick between your legs, stick to the men's locker room. Don't care what you identify as.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34614 Posts

I think she should learn to live among penises. They're everywhere.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Nirgal

@Litchie: this must be trolling. If a woman is flashed and specially if she is flashed when she is changing clothes, you also tell her to learn to be around penises?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Litchie

@nirgal: This story doesn't sound like being flashed to me.

I think it might be time people learn to not be outraged that trans people can be located in a room where people are naked. Or if completely impossible, have those with penises be in the mens room for now and have them learn to deal with that. I simply don't care either way personally, but more open mindedness among us would be cool.

I just think about how I would react in this kind of scenario. I'm a straight male (if that matters for anything), if I was in a locker room and a trans person with breasts and no penis would take off their clothes just like others do, would I throw a fit, be offended, ask for change or anything of the sort? Of course not, I'm not an asshole. This person is not hurting me, and is very likely to not need more social difficulties.

GNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#7 GNS
Member since 2015 • 922 Posts

@Litchie: cool story, dude, needs dragons n' shit.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Litchie

@gns said:

@Litchie: cool story, dude, needs dragons n' shit.

Witty.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12574 Posts

Is there some kind of medical note needed to switch locker rooms? Asking for a friend 😂.... Not sure why trans can't just accept that physically they are not the same as they as mentally. He/she may feel like they are a woman, but physically he's a man.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15925 Posts

I think if they still have their junk the officials needs to be notified and they must be put in a separate changing rooms. Cut that shit if ur a woman.

PCGamerLaszlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PCGamerLaszlo
Member since 2023 • 507 Posts

Yeah, not cool with that personally. It's just as easy to walk a few feet and change in a partition stall. I'm all for equality but there's got to be some sort of line for propriety somewhere.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Nirgal

@Litchie: if you are a dude of course you won't feel threatened. If it's a woman it's a completely different scenario.

I don't know what kind of women you hang out with but most women i know are not that careless about exposing their intimacy or being exposed to male genitalia.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3404 Posts

They should make special bathrooms which are male from the waist down. Simple solution.

gotgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By gotgames
Member since 2022 • 476 Posts

“People who menstruate”should be allowed to compete in the same sport and share the same bathroom

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14803 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

But until then, if you got a dick between your legs, stick to the men's locker room. Don't care what you identify as.

This.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178846 Posts

@mrbojangles25:

Yes. Sensitivity exists on both ends of the discussion. The one issue I have is letting trans women compete against women. Bodies are biologically different.

Other than that I don't care what people wear, call themselves, or do to themselves or who they love. But it can't be one sided. They need to consider the ramifications to other people.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38678 Posts

i was surprised to learn that people were actually getting naked in women's locker rooms.

i always assumed it was just a movie fantasy

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By LJS9502_basic
@girlusocrazy said:

Snowflake has a problem with the human body, let's all cry about it 🤷‍♀️

Don't have girls do you?

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

I'm personally fine with the idea of people with different genitals getting naked in different rooms from each other. I feel like that's very fair request and compromise when it comes to trans and cis gendered people getting to play in the same teams together in the world of sports.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mrbojangles25

@girlusocrazy said:

Snowflake has a problem with the human body, let's all cry about it 🤷‍♀️

@SOedipus said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

If you got a dick between your legs, stick to the men's locker room. Don't care what you identify as.

This.

You heard the gentlemen, they want more dicks to be in their room, give them more dicks

ALL THE DICKS!

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3728 Posts

This whole trans nonsense is getting out of control. These people are clearly mentally ill, extremely confused, or have adopted this nonsense fad. Society should be offering them help, not pretending to accept and accommodate their delusions. All of a sudden you can decide to be a woman or a man. Complete absurdity.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mrbojangles25
@Litchie said:

@nirgal: This story doesn't sound like being flashed to me.

I think it might be time people learn to not be outraged that trans people can be located in a room where people are naked. Or if completely impossible, have those with penises be in the mens room for now and have them learn to deal with that. I simply don't care either way personally, but more open mindedness among us would be cool.

I just think about how I would react in this kind of scenario. I'm a straight male (if that matters for anything), if I was in a locker room and a trans person with breasts and no penis would take off their clothes just like others do, would I throw a fit, be offended, ask for change or anything of the sort? Of course not, I'm not an asshole. This person is not hurting me, and is very likely to not need more social difficulties.

It's exactly what it is. Unwilling exposure to a male body part? Sounds like flashing, even if the offending party didn't mean it like that, they still did it intentionally.

California Penal Code (CPC) §314(1) – Indecent Exposure – In California, the crime of Indecent Exposure occurswhen a person exposes his or her naked body or genitals in front of anyone who could be annoyed or offended by it.

Could even argue it qualifies as sexual harassment.

As for what you would do (or what I would do), it doesn't matter: this is about society, and society can't handle throwing everyone into the same locker room together yet. You're going to have people thinking it means something sexual when it doesn't, you're going to have husbands pissed off their wife saw a dick that wasn't theirs and attacking trans people, and so on and so forth.

I too hope we reach the point where we can see nudity and not make it a big deal, but we have a generation or two before that happens.

Personally I think we should start converting K-12 bathrooms now. I know it sounds iffy, but if pre-pubescent kids learn to share the bathroom, they won't sexualize themselves or make it into a 'naughty' thing when they're older. Just my hunch.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mrbojangles25
@tjandmia said:

This whole trans nonsense is getting out of control. These people are clearly mentally ill, extremely confused, or have adopted this nonsense fad. Society should be offering them help, not pretending to accept and accommodate their delusions. All of a sudden you can decide to be a woman or a man. Complete absurdity.

I don't get it personally, but at the same time...golden rule. It doesn't really hurt anyone to let them discover themselves, and it's only really an issue when we make it out to be one.

I'd argue the only time things get iffy is when it comes to children and medical treatment, I don't think it's right to let an 8-year old decide they want to make often-permanent changes that will impact their lives until they die.

I know a few trans people (benefit of living around the SF Bay Area, I guess) and they're all pretty chill. They're definitely confused and if you ask them about it, they'll tell you about their journey; usually they're gay, then bi, then pansexual, then trans but "straight" (so you're a trans woman but you like men, which is still gay to me since you got two people with dicks in the relationship, but hey whatever floats their boat).

They generally don't want attention either, despite all the pictures of angry dyed-hair people you see.

I think that's ultimately what it boils down to; the widespread media and a few token radicals on both sides making this out to be a bigger deal than it is. This is a big-city, blue-state issue and the people who are most against this have probably never met a trans person.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Warm_Gun  Online
Member since 2021 • 2413 Posts

Far more men transition than women. Not a coincidence. Society is gyno-centric. Men are taught to be ashamed. You're gonna talk to me about studies? Those studies were funded by groups that wanted those results or pressure was applied. I don't doubt that some have a genuine desire to be the other, but they can live with it without doing serious damage to their bodies and destroying most if not all their ability to experience orgasms. You've just made them think they have to either live in an unhealthy (usually physically ugly) delusion or commit suicide by parading this nonsense so much. I don't consume right wing media. I consider myself more left. But I always thought there was much BS in this. Also amplified by everybody wanting to be unique, to stand out.

They don't belong in women's sports.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6868 Posts
@tjandmia said:

Funny. But your President is all in on supporting their delusions. The Democrats in general are. In part you voted for this.

I was told this was imaginary culture war conspiracies cooked up by the far right. Glad to see you know that's not the case.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LJS9502_basic

@silentchief said:
@tjandmia said:

Funny. But your President is all in on supporting their delusions. The Democrats in general are. In part you voted for this.

I was told this was imaginary culture war conspiracies cooked up by the far right. Glad to see you know that's not the case.

It is an imaginary culture war. That's all the GOP has now. No policies. They vote against Americans. Yes, there needs to be clear delineation in some areas in regard to this issue. We can't disenfranchise one group for another. However, if an adult feels better as a different gender then I don't see how that should concern anyone else.

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1007 Posts

Lul when cartoons enter the world......

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Silentchief
@LJS9502_basic said:
@silentchief said:
@tjandmia said:

It is an imaginary culture war. That's all the GOP has now. No policies. They vote against Americans. Yes, there needs to be clear delineation in some areas in regard to this issue. We can't disenfranchise one group for another. However, if an adult feels better as a different gender then I don't see how that should concern anyone else.

Tell this swimmer that then. It's imaginary it never happened. Go tell that to the female athletes losing their scholarships to biological males. Tell that to the parents of Gen Z where 21% of a generation now identifies as LGBTQ +. It's all imaginary.. nothing to see here.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LJS9502_basic

@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

It is an imaginary culture war. That's all the GOP has now. No policies. They vote against Americans. Yes, there needs to be clear delineation in some areas in regard to this issue.We can't disenfranchise one group for another. However, if an adult feels better as a different gender then I don't see how that should concern anyone else.

Tell this swimmer that then. It's imaginary it never happened. Go tell that to the female athletes losing their scholarships to biological males. Tell that to the parents of Gen Z where 21% of a generation now identifies as LGBTQ +. It's all imaginary.. nothing to see here.

Read again and get back to me.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Silentchief
@LJS9502_basic said:
@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

It is an imaginary culture war. That's all the GOP has now. No policies. They vote against Americans. Yes, there needs to be clear delineation in some areas in regard to this issue.We can't disenfranchise one group for another. However, if an adult feels better as a different gender then I don't see how that should concern anyone else.

Already did. Bottom line is it isn't imaginary. It's crackpot bullshit that your party fully supports. Try owning up to it and calling them out on it instead of being a tribalistic drone.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Already did. Bottom line is it isn't imaginary. It's crackpot bullshit that your party fully supports. Try owning up to it and calling them out on it instead of being a tribalistic drone.

It is imaginary. Why do so many on the right cry about trans people?

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Silentchief

@LJS9502_basic said:
@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

They don't they call out the batshit insane policies the left supports.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 LJS9502_basic

@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Letting people live their own life and not hating them for it is the right thing to do. Hating them for it wrong.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Silentchief

@LJS9502_basic said:
@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Letting people live their own life and not hating them for it is the right thing to do. Hating them for it wrong.

I don't hate them. However if you try to have any common sense such as " maybe that guy who thinks he's a women shouldn't compete with the females " They call that " Hate".

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LJS9502_basic

@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

I don't hate them. However if you try to have any common sense such as " maybe that guy who thinks he's a women shouldn't compete with the females " They call that " Hate".

As I already stated there has to be some limitations. But you're just hating on them to hate on them. you are not discussing in good faith how to resolve the issues.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Silentchief

@LJS9502_basic said:
@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

As I already stated there has to be some limitations. But you're just hating on them to hate on them. you are not discussing in good faith how to resolve the issues.

Not true. We have to stop pandering to their nonsense. Identity it as a " mental issue" and treat it accordingly. The same way you would treat a schizophrenic or someone with multiple personality disorder. Make them feel comfortable in their own skin instead of feeding their delusion and glorifying dangerous transition procedures.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 LJS9502_basic

@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Not true. We have to stop pandering to their nonsense. Identity it as a " mental issue" and treat it accordingly. The same way you would treat a schizophrenic or someone with multiple personality disorder. Make them feel comfortable in their own skin instead of feeding their delusion and glorifying dangerous transition procedures.

And if transitioning makes them feel comfortable, how does that hurt you?

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Silentchief

@LJS9502_basic said:
@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

I never said it did. I am however against supporting young children in transitioning because I think it's being glorified as children are not capable of making that decision at a young age.

I also feel that if someone does transition the distinction needs to be made that the person is trans and rules need to be set in place that separate them from people that were born that way biologically.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LJS9502_basic

@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

I never said it did. I am however against supporting young children in transitioning because I think it's being glorified as children are not capable of making that decision at a young age.

I also feel that if someone does transition the distinction needs to be made that the person is trans and rules need to be set in place that separate them from people that were born that way biologically.

Where is this happening?

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Silentchief
@LJS9502_basic said:
@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Where is this happening?

Your President support gender affirming care which allows adolescents to take puberty blockers. That's ok to you?

Biological males are destroying woman in sports because we pander to their delusions. That's ok to you?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 LJS9502_basic

@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@silentchief said:

Where is this happening?

Your President support gender affirming care which allows adolescents to take puberty blockers. That's ok to you?

Biological males are destroying woman in sports because we pander to their delusions. That's ok to you?

So it's not happening. Got it.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Silentchief

@LJS9502_basic said:
@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@silentchief said:

Where is this happening?

So it's not happening. Got it.

That's your shitty reading comprehension again

The fact is It is happening and the Democratic party supports it.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3728 Posts

@silentchief said:
@tjandmia said:

The dude's like 80. No way he subscribes to this nonsense. He's just playing politics because the crazy wing of the party has a bit of influence right now and seem to want to make this imaginary crap a priority, which will backfire bigly, btw. I didn't vote for any of this gender fluidity absurdity. I'm a classical liberal. It was either vote D or vote for traitors who take away constitutional rights and prioritize the whims of the wealthy over the needs of everyone else. It was still an easy decision to vote for Biden.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LJS9502_basic

@silentchief: That's not young children.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Silentchief
@tjandmia said:
@silentchief said:
@tjandmia said:

The dude's like 80. No way he subscribes to this nonsense. He's just playing politics because the crazy wing of the party has a bit of influence right now and seem to want to make this imaginary crap a priority, which will backfire bigly, btw. I didn't vote for any of this gender fluidity absurdity. I'm a classical liberal. It was either vote D or vote for traitors who take away constitutional rights and prioritize the whims of the wealthy over the needs of everyone else. It was still an easy decision to vote for Biden.

Lol! Just playing politics.

Well those are shitty politics and the left is all in on it.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Silentchief
@LJS9502_basic said:

14 is OK for you huh?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 LJS9502_basic

@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

14 is OK for you huh?

I am not going to speak for what someone else is going through. And you shouldn't either.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Silentchief

@LJS9502_basic said:
@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

14 is OK for you huh?

I am not going to speak for what someone else is going through. And you shouldn't either.

I know at 14 I wasn't able to make life long decisions . That's just common sense.