CNN "Whore House" Spreads Bread for Trump!

• 99 results
SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8224 Posts

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3984668-the-memo-cnns-trump-town-hall-reignites-debate-over-media-coverage/

CNN’s decision to host a town hall with former President Trump has sparked fresh controversy around media coverage of the former president.

The network, which had a mutually antagonistic relationship with Trump during his time in the White House, will host a New Hampshire town hall in prime time next Wednesday. CNN anchor Kaitlan Collins will moderate.

CNN came under fire almost as soon as the news of the event broke.

MSNBC host Mehdi Hasan tweeted on Monday that CNN was “giving a live primetime platform to an indicted insurrection-inciter, who also incited violence against their network.”

Hasan added that he had been asked many times whether the media had “learned lessons” from 2016 and 2020, and that CNN’s decision indicated to him that “clearly some in our media have not.”

Liberal activists were equally condemnatory of the decision.

Shaunna Thomas, the co-founder and executive director of UltraViolet, a pro-gender equality organization, called Trump “a flagrant misogynist” and “insurrectionist” to whom CNN was about to give “free airtime and an unfettered platform to spew lies and hate.”

Her organization is calling on the network to cancel the event.

Does the CNN town hall give a platform to a public figure who is uniquely prone to misinformation and inflammatory language, as its critics claim?

Or, as its defenders could argue, is it absurd to suggest that any mainstream organization can ignore a figure like Trump who, these days, is the clear frontrunner for the GOP’s 2024 nomination?

Those in the middle say they appreciate the complexity of the situation.

Looks like CNN is ready to spread bread for Trump?

I hate CNN and all cable news personally, but the reality is there is a large percentage of voters that only get news from a few of these MSM networks.

So I think its a good move by Trump to get his message out on a network that has been routinely hostile towards him.

I also think this is a good move for CNN who has been trying to position themselves as less of partisan news network. It will make them look more moderate allowing him on the platform. (hopefully they don't cut, edit, or censor any of the townhall like ABC did with RFK in his interview.

https://nypost.com/2023/04/28/abc-news-cuts-rfk-jr-vaccine-remarks-out-of-interview/

Former President Donald Trump will participate in a CNN presidential town hall next week in New Hampshire, the network announced Monday.

“CNN This Morning” anchor Kaitlan Collins will moderate the event at St. Anselm College, which will air at 8 p.m. ET on May 10 and will feature the former president taking questions from New Hampshire Republicans and undeclared voters who plan to vote in the 2024 GOP presidential primary.

This will be Trump’s first appearance on CNN since the 2016 presidential campaign.

I think this is good. Do more of it. Maybe even Biden will agree to a townhall with RFK or maybe Desantis??

Doubt Biden would ever do one.

What do you guys think?

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SargentD

lmao!!!

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3728 Posts

It’s good for cnn viewers to see how absurdly ridiculous trump and his moronic accusations are.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@sargentd said:

What do you guys think?

It's fine. Trump will probably lie through all of it as usual.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44567 Posts

Caught this on Keith Olbermann's podcast yesterday and today. Seems CNN wants to try to pick up some of the Tucker Carlson viewers and the town hall will be hosted by someone who previously worked with Tucker back on the Daily Caller. They also adjusted the town hall time not to compete with Tucker Carlson as he's no longer on FoxNews.

There's no reason to think she'll moderate him with any integrity, despite CNN's reassurances, and instead CNN will use the event to recruite FoxNew's audience as they've been in a ratings slump lately and will be motivated to pander to his base.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lamprey263

@zaryia: "It's fine. Trump will probably lie through all of it as usual."

@tjandmia: "It’s good for cnn viewers to see how absurdly ridiculous trump and his moronic accusations are."

That's expected. But will the host/ moderator challenge him on any of his lies? Fact check him on those lies? Or just be there to fluff for him and deliver softballs questions? There's good reason to think she won't.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178847 Posts

CNN is crap but they won't get Tucker's audience, no matter how hard they try.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lamprey263

There's also no point for Biden or DNC to have anything to do with Robert F Kennedy Jr. His only asset is his legacy name and he's no John, Robert, or Ted. If he was one of Logan Roy's kids on Succession he'd be a total Conner. He's got more in common with the MAGA base and the conspiracy theory grifters with his anti-vaxxer position and spreading of Covid disinformation, his views on trans people and immigration, his views that Russia is the real victim in their war with Ukraine, and his championing of crypto currencies just oozes his anti-establishment contrarian nature common among grifters. He has every right to run for president on his own ticket or primary with the RNC. But I think the DNC if they can has every reason to keep him out of any primaries if there's any.

RFK Jr trying to run among liberals and progressives reminds me of that Curb Your Enthusiasm episode where Larry orders a Cobb Salad with no bacon, no eggs, blue cheese on the side, and his friend asks "are you sure you want a Cobb Salad?" Funny this analogy would pop in my mind too when looking over RFK Jr's record too considering the actress who played Larry's wife on the show is actually married to RFK Jr.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SargentD

@girlusocrazy said:

I'm sure any potential candidate wants to get in front of as many people as possible.

I think Biden wants to do the exact opposite!

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lamprey263

@LJS9502_basic: "CNN is crap but they won't get Tucker's audience, no matter how hard they try."

Not unless they just continuously give favorable coverage to him and host more events and refuse to challenge on his lies or his record. They seem desperate enough that I wouldn't rule it out.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LJS9502_basic

@lamprey263 said:

@LJS9502_basic: "CNN is crap but they won't get Tucker's audience, no matter how hard they try."

Not unless they just continuously give favorable coverage to him and host more events and refuse to challenge on his lies or his record. They seem desperate enough that I wouldn't rule it out.

They'll end up losing other viewers. I don't think they'd ever get the numbers Carlson did. Trump taught them to hate CNN.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58319 Posts

CNN is damned if they do, damned if they don't.

If Trump offered and they said no, they'd be accused of bias.

If Trump offered and they say yes, we get what we get now.

So in situations like this, let's break it down to the basics: CNN is journalism, and the job of journalists is to cover past, current, and future affairs with an objective lens and as truthful as possible. So under these conditions, of course CNN should have Trump on for the debate.

But I get the cynical approach, and of course CNN is doing this for ratings. But that doesn't necessarily mean it's wrong of them to do this.

@zaryia said:
@sargentd said:

What do you guys think?

It's fine. Trump will probably lie through all of it as usual.

I have concerns however about the "town hall" format, Trump will use it to run wild and the ability of moderators/fact-checkers to keep up will be hampered.

On the flip side, when people ask Trump a question and he doesn;t answer, maybe they will see him for what he is. A con-man and liar without their interests at heart.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38678 Posts

duh

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SargentD

Trump about to to go live on CNN.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Zaryia

@sargentd said:

Nice, my favorite channel!

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SargentD

@zaryia said:
@sargentd said:

Nice, my favorite channel!

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2470 Posts

That couldn’t have gone better for Trump. Dude came out lying within seconds, but Collins couldn’t keep up, or effectively call Trump out on the bs. And in the end, Trump was in control of the crowd and the messaging, while Collins appeared outmatched, petty and rude.

CNN should consider going out of business…

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SargentD

@ghostofgolden said:

That couldn’t have gone better for Trump. Dude came out lying within seconds, but Collins couldn’t keep up, or effectively call Trump out on the bs. And in the end, Trump was in control of the crowd and the messaging, while Collins appeared outmatched, petty and rude.

Trump did AMAZIN! Really enjoyed the town hall. Teflon Don staying on beat.

Trump Train 2024 SOUNDING LOUDER!!

Loading Video...

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Zaryia
@sargentd said:
@ghostofgolden said:

Trump did AMAZIN!

Why does he have to lie all the time?

Trump repeatedly lied at his CNN town hall. His biggest claims, factchecked | Donald Trump | The Guardian

Trump’s Falsehoods and Bluster Overtake CNN Town Hall - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Do you agree millions of votes were not stolen?

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

More complaining and grievance. Trump just can’t help himself, but no one cares but him and his sycophants in his cult.

At least in ‘16 he had a forward looking message. He’s now so muddled down by the past and with his own pathetic persecution complex that his campaign line mine as well be, “woe to me, vote for me!”.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3408 Posts

Didn't watch, won't watch, don't care.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Zaryia
Judd Legum@JuddLegum The audience for the CNN townhall w/Trump will be 400 Republicans & GOP-leaning independents

It was very weird hearing a crowd start laughing about sexual abuse. Then I read the above factoid and it all made sense.

Party of family values.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SargentD

Great listen 👍

Loading Video...

ThatForumUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#26 ThatForumUser
Member since 2019 • 701 Posts

@ghostofgolden said:

This is true and every body is missing this it is official Trump is back.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6873 Posts

@thatforumuser said:
@ghostofgolden said:

He made them look like a bunch of angry children.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Silentchief
@zaryia said:
Judd Legum@JuddLegum The audience for the CNN townhall w/Trump will be 400 Republicans & GOP-leaning independents

It was very weird hearing a crowd start laughing about sexual abuse. Then I read the above factoid and it all made sense.

Party of family values.

It's hillarious to them because they don't believe it to be true and watching the left have a complete meltdown is lol worthy.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Zaryia
@silentchief said:
@zaryia said:

Party of family values.

It's hillarious to them because they don't believe it to be true

Yeah, I get they don't believe a court verdict. They're the same people who didn't believe 60 court verdicts regarding the 2020 election. Not surprising. Just weird.

@silentchief said:

watching the left have a complete meltdown

Fact checking isn't a meltdown.

@silentchief said:

He lied so much and behaved like a 12 year old lol.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Zaryia
@sargentd said:

Great listen 👍

None of your youtube links have ever been a great listen.

Here's an even better read though,

Trump repeatedly lied at his CNN town hall. His biggest claims, factchecked | Donald Trump | The Guardian

Trump’s Falsehoods and Bluster Overtake CNN Town Hall - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LJS9502_basic

@silentchief said:
@thatforumuser said:
@ghostofgolden said:

He didn't earn a single new vote. He's still the same loser he always was and it doesn't say much for his base.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SargentD

@silentchief said:
@thatforumuser said:
@ghostofgolden said:

Well.. They are

CNN melting down afterwards was just as entertaining as the town hall.

Apparently CNN actually cut the town hall 20 min early. Probably because Trump was looking too good and CNN was looking to petty lol

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Silentchief

@zaryia:

Yeah, I get they don't believe a court verdict. They're the same people who didn't believe 60 court verdicts regarding the 2020 election. Not surprising. Just weird.

Nor should they. She accused him of rape and he was found not guilty. So we get some vague sexual assault charge nearly 30 years later?

@zaryia:

Sure it is especially when you spend the vast majority of the interview fact checking 2020 election claims that nobody gives a shit about.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LJS9502_basic

@silentchief said:

@zaryia:

Nor should they. She accused him of rape and he was found not guilty. So we get some vague sexual assault charge nearly 30 years later?

@zaryia:

Sure it is especially when you spend the vast majority of the interview fact checking 2020 election claims that nobody gives a shit about.

He was not found not guilty. Where do you get this crap?

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Silentchief

@LJS9502_basic said:
@silentchief said:

@zaryia:

@zaryia:

Was he found guilty of rape?

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Silentchief
@girlusocrazy said:
@silentchief said:

Would you care if he was? Do you care if he was found guilty of sexual assault? Or a fraudulent defense fund? Or a fraudulent college?

He wasn't though. That's the reality. In a Defemation suite the rules are different. It just needs to be more likely to happen then not to have happened. If she lied about the rape charge I would think she lied about the sexual assault charge. I have very little sympathy for someone who goes after someone 30 years later.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Zaryia
@silentchief said:

@zaryia:

Nor should they.

Citation?

Donald Trump Sexually Abused and Defamed E. Jean Carroll, Jury Finds - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

In the civil case, the federal jury of six men and three women found that Ms. Carroll, 79, a former magazine writer, had sufficiently proved that Mr. Trump sexually abused her nearly 30 years ago in a dressing room of the Bergdorf Goodman department store in Manhattan.

Do you perhaps have data the Court did not? Link it please. Unless you provide such citation showing the court's verdict was incorrect, this is cult like behavior.

@silentchief said:

@zaryia:

Sure it is

• define fact check - Google Search
  • Fact-check Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com

My 11 year old niece understands this definition. Why are you arguing against a dictionary for the 3rd time in the last 2 weeks.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 LJS9502_basic

@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@silentchief said:

@zaryia:

@zaryia:

This never went to criminal trial.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 LJS9502_basic
@silentchief said:
@girlusocrazy said:
@silentchief said:

Would you care if he was? Do you care if he was found guilty of sexual assault? Or a fraudulent defense fund? Or a fraudulent college?

He wasn't though. That's the reality. In a Defemation suite the rules are different. It just needs to be more likely to happen then not to have happened. If she lied about the rape charge I would think she lied about the sexual assault charge. I have very little sympathy for someone who goes after someone 30 years later.

Spoken like someone that doesn't know about, nor care about, sexual assault victims and how they react. People like you are why it may take someone 30 years to come forward.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@silentchief said:

@zaryia:

@zaryia:

He wasn't on trial for criminal rape.

He was on trial for civil rape and the jury was instructed to consider 4 questions relating to severity of the offence. The highest would be rape, followed by sexual assault, and so on down in severity. All rape is sexual assault. Not all sexual assault is considered rape. These were not separate charges in this civil case.

The jury believed her and he was convicted, but insufficient evidence was provided to prove the highest level because rape has specific boundaries in legal terms.

Congrats, your boy is only guilty of sexual assault (and defamation). You should be proud.

The best part is he essentially admitted to it in his own deposition. So, he is also very, very stupid. You should be proud of him for that too.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Zaryia
@SUD123456 said:

@silentchief

It's a straw-man. That's his thing. He knows what my original post said,

@zaryia said:

It was very weird hearing a crowd start laughing about sexual abuse.

The verdict:

the federal jury of six men and three women found that Ms. Carroll, 79, a former magazine writer, had sufficiently proved that Mr. Trump sexually abused her nearly 30 years ago in a dressing room of the Bergdorf Goodman department store in Manhattan.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Silentchief
@SUD123456 said:
@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@silentchief said:

@zaryia:

@zaryia:

He was on trial for civil rape and the jury was instructed to consider 4 questions relating to severity of the offence. The highest would be rape, followed by sexual assault, and so on down in severity. All rape is sexual assault. Not all sexual assault is considered rape. These were not separate charges in this civil case.

The jury believed her and he was convicted, but insufficient evidence was provided to prove the highest level because rape has specific boundaries in legal terms.

Congrats, your boy is only guilty of sexual assault (and defamation). You should be proud.

The best part is he essentially admitted to it in his own deposition. So, he is also very, very stupid. You should be proud of him for that too.

How did he admit it exactly? A hug could be considered sexual assault.

What the current president has done to countless people could be considered sexual assault.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Zaryia

@silentchief said:
@SUD123456 said:

What the current president has done to countless people could be considered sexual assault.

Can you cite the court verdicts stating this?

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Silentchief
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:
@SUD123456 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2013/12/04/appellate-court-says-sniffing-in-a-suggestive-manner-can-be-sexual-harassment/%3foutputType=amp

Now would you like me to post a Montage video of your boy?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Zaryia
@silentchief said:
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:
@SUD123456 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2013/12/04/appellate-court-says-sniffing-in-a-suggestive-manner-can-be-sexual-harassment/%3foutputType=amp

That's a court verdict showing President Joseph D. Biden comitted sexual assault?

I'm not seeing that anywhere in that link. I read it twice now. Joe's name doesn't even appear. Did you paste the wrong one?

P.S. Oh Shit he's trying to derail the thread lol.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Silentchief

@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:
@SUD123456 said:

That's a court verdict showing President Joseph D. Biden comitted sexual assault?

I'm not seeing that anywhere in that link. I read it twice now. Joe's name doesn't even appear. Did you paste the wrong one?

P.S. Oh Shit he's trying to derail the thread lol.

We have actions of him doing what could be considered " sexual assault " on video.

Perhaps People will pay them to come forward the next election cycle or maybe not since most were children🤷‍♂️

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Silentchief
@girlusocrazy said:

@silentchief: I'm not hearing a "yes"

@LJS9502_basic said:
@silentchief said:
@girlusocrazy said:
@silentchief said:

Spoken like someone that doesn't know about, nor care about, sexual assault victims and how they react. People like you are why it may take someone 30 years to come forward.

Being a victim is the in thing right now.

I'd have more respect for someone who did it years earlier.