lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44634 Posts

Remember when he was slapped with that $50 million verdict?

Well, today's verdict against him is just shy of $1 billion...

Squeal like a pig biatch! Wouldn't surprise me if he never pays it though, and instead hides his money and flees to Russia to claim asylum.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59210 Posts

The illuminati finally got him.

At least he was right about elite pedo ring.

Having said that, he did claim everyone was one. And lizards. So it might just be luck.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17878 Posts

oh noes bujt teh gay ffrogs

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By lamprey263
@br0kenrabbit said:

oh noes bujt teh gay ffrogs

And not just gay frogs, but transgender frogs too!! I blame the liberal Hollywood elite for that.

Loading Video...

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17679 Posts

Well, it’s good to see at least one conman in this life is finally held responsible for his harmful lies.

Not that he’ll ever even remotely pay that much, if anything at all, but one can hope that this significantly diminishes his platform and ability to spew his garbage.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lamprey263

@MirkoS77: FoxNews and other right wing media companies and personalities are currently being sued just for their Dominion conspiracy theories and I bet after this verdict they'll be sweating bullets about what this verdict could mean for them.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MirkoS77

@lamprey263 said:

@MirkoS77: FoxNews and other right wing media companies and personalities are currently being sued just for their Dominion conspiracy theories and I bet after this verdict they'll be sweating bullets about what this verdict could mean for them.

Good, I hope those who knowingly spew lies that harm others for profit get sued out of existence.

Unfortunately, I think this will mostly be symbolic. Jones won’t pony up and will continue his filth.

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 InEMplease
Member since 2009 • 7461 Posts

I hope this ruins him. Such a despicable piece of filth.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lamprey263

@MirkoS77: he'll have to, if you remember in his Texas trial his defense accidentally emailed the plaintiff's lawyers the entire contents of Alex Jones' cellphone including his financial information like how much money he had and where he had it (which he lied about I believe). No doubt the counsel for these plaintiffs have or will get that too and he'll be compelled to pay up. He's already blown multiple bankruptcy proceedings too because he didn't take them seriously and tried to make the venue a spectacle for himself so who knows if he can go that route, especially since someone knows how much he has and where he has it, and if he hides it he can get in trouble for that too. Only way I see him not paying up is if he hides his money and flees the country.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3741 Posts

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44365 Posts

Very good to see. 👍😁

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6989 Posts

@lamprey263: How the **** would he pay a billion dollars?

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Conspiracy theorists are claiming this as the government trying to silence people for wrongthink. I keep having to remind them that the government has no direct part in his verdict and this is just the justice system doing its things to for the victims of Sandy hook. This is their defamation case, not a freedom of speech prosecution or anything of that nature.

I am happy to see Alex Jones lose all of his wealth. It is a about time he pays back all the money he grifted and conned from people. His grifting business is finally all gone. No more male vitality or stupid water filters. This guy is just a straight up A-hole and is getting what he deserves.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Gaming-Planet
@uninspiredcup said:

The illuminati finally got him.

At least he was right about elite pedo ring.

Having said that, he did claim everyone was one. And lizards. So it might just be luck.

Elites being into deviant behavior like pedophilia isn't new to history. It's a common theme in all societies. When people believe in the system, they don't question the actions of those on top.

Angry_Walrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Angry_Walrus
Member since 2022 • 111 Posts

I realize that I am in the extreme minority here. I can also understand folks being iritated by what I am about to type.

I honestly don't he should have to pay anything. EXCEPT if they were forced to relocate and change phones due to the harrassment.

Saying what he said about those parents may have been morally questionable but time and time again, as the years creep by, we are constantly surprised by revelations that were considered by most to be "Conspiracy Theories" at the time and later turned out to be true.

In Alex's mind and the minds of many of his followers; the US Government in conjunction with NWO/ Illuminati perhaps concocting a scheme to enhance weapons restrictions is Abosolutely within the realm of possibilty.

Dueces.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MirkoS77

@Gaming-Planet said:

Conspiracy theorists are claiming this as the government trying to silence people for wrongthink. I keep having to remind them that the government has no direct part in his verdict and this is just the justice system doing its things to for the victims of Sandy hook. This is their defamation case, not a freedom of speech prosecution or anything of that nature.

I am happy to see Alex Jones lose all of his wealth. It is a about time he pays back all the money he grifted and conned from people. His grifting business is finally all gone. No more male vitality or stupid water filters. This guy is just a straight up A-hole and is getting what he deserves.

I suppose I feel a bit cynical about these verdicts.

There’s so many different ways for an individual to channel and obscure income, and it’s very difficult to ensure that his money will be seized. How exactly is this done? Do the courts have direct access to his bank accounts? All his assets? He’s simply going to stonewall and refuse.

This brings back memories of OJ, who after losing the civil case was soon seen resuming his life of luxury, incessantly golfing and living it up. Don't believe it will be much different with Jones. Does this force his businesses to close?

How exactly is a ruling like this enforced?

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gaming-Planet

@angry_walrus said:

I realize that I am in the extreme minority here. I can also understand folks being iritated by what I am about to type.

I honestly don't he should have to pay anything. EXCEPT if they were forced to relocate and change phones due to the harrassment.

Saying what he said about those parents may have been morally questionable but time and time again, as the years creep by, we are constantly surprised by revelations that were considered by most to be "Conspiracy Theories" at the time and later turned out to be true.

In Alex's mind and the minds of many of his followers; the US Government in conjunction with NWO/ Illuminati perhaps concocting a scheme to enhance weapons restrictions is Abosolutely within the realm of possibilty.

Dueces.

Alex Jones is the Nostradamus of the conspiracy theory community. Of course he's right sometimes because his "theories" are just common themes of government corruption and no government in this world is immune to that.

But when it comes to lizard people, covid shots giving you parasites, or any of those bizarre fictional theories he creates which are impossible to manifest, you know he is just using fearmongering techniques to fool people.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 710 Posts

@silentchief: he won't. He will have to file for bankruptcy and negotiate a smaller amount or perhaps some other concessionsm

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58436 Posts

I've been following this closely because one of my favorite podcasts (Knowledge Fight) makes fun of it in a very logical and analytical (and fun!) way. One of the hosts was even a character witness in the court case!

Anyway, it's a good deal for everyone involved. I don't think people should be killed or harshly punished for what they say, but if there was ever a time to do so, it'd be with Alex Jones. Dude is a con man that has mobilized a small army of idiots and fools against the common good, and they do active harm against not just everyday people, but as in this case victims and survivors of terrible events.

@silentchief said:

@lamprey263: How the **** would he pay a billion dollars?

I don't think he will.

But it was smart to go for a high amount. For starters, the Jones Estate (Alex Jones, his parents, his wife, etc.) and the parent company Free Speech Systems have a lot of wealth combined. Like many con men, Jones is also probably good at hiding his total worth.

By suing him for such a large amount, this will likely bankrupt him for all of his apparent wealth, which in turn will prompt further scrutiny to make sure he isn't hiding anything anywhere else.

Basically, they're covering all their bases. Alex Jones needs to be taken off the board, removed so he never does more harm. His supporters have given him a lot of money, with a recent donation totaling (at the time) $1 million in Bitcoin.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mrbojangles25
@Gaming-Planet said:
@angry_walrus said:

Alex Jones is the Nostradamus of the conspiracy theory community. Of course he's right sometimes because his "theories" are just common themes of government corruption and no government in this world is immune to that.

But when it comes to lizard people, covid shots giving you parasites, or any of those bizarre fictional theories he creates which are impossible to manifest, you know he is just using fearmongering techniques to fool people.

Yeah, I'm curious what some of our more far-right, free-speech-at-any-cost folks think of this.

I mean you have to assume at least one person on here listens to Alex Jones.

@angry_walrus said:

Dueces.

The issue is not just what he said, it is how he said it.

His words promoted beliefs that spurred people to action that harmed this people, causing physical, emotional, and psychological damage.

He deserves to be punished for what he did. Free speech is not an all or nothing thing, don't buy into the slippery-slope fallacy that if we punished people like Jones for saying what he says that we are suddenly all at risk of being censored.

What Jones did was beyond a simple abuse of our basic rights. It was beyond "morally questionable".

There's a pretty big question even as to whether or not he is a believer himself. Jones is, first and foremost, a con man. He will rant about how our water supply is compromised and it's lowering the testosterone of men, and then say "I'm going to court and will be broke, but you can support me by purchasing these testosterone supplements".

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7035 Posts

@angry_walrus said:

Not paying $$$ is something I'd agree with if it was an example of him merely having an opinion about what did or did not happen but something tells me it goes much deeper than a mere opinion.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@The_Deepblue said:

Punished for having and for expressing an opinion. The new America.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

If you don't like our defamation laws maybe you should leave the country and move to.......oh wait any country that has a better QOL than USA is more liberal than USA. So I can't even tell you where to go 🤣.

Angry_Walrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Angry_Walrus

@The_Deepblue: Yup.

Angry_Walrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Angry_Walrus

@mrbojangles25: Perhaps you're right.... but like the Kanye West song goes, "I ain't sayin' they some gold diggers but they ain't messin' with no broke n*****."

If I have a radio broadcast and I tell people that the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade doesn't exist and is conspiracy. Then on the day of the parade, sponsers have lower than expected ticket sales, guess what, they get to sue me by this logic....

Lets not pretend that you don't personally dislike Alex Jones and have disdain in your heart for his political leanings ? Surely you wouldn't lie so blatantly ?

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SUD123456  Online
Member since 2007 • 6956 Posts

@The_Deepblue said:

Dumbest statement I have read here in awhile (at least the last 10 mins).

Maybe educate yourself about the difference between expressing an opinion vs the effects of doing so.

Imagine if I stood outside your home day and night with signs and a megaphone saying you were a sick pedophile who molests and then kills 5 yr olds. I might even say you are part of a ring run out of a pizza joint.

How long before you are assaulted by deranged people who would believe it? How long before you are trapped in your house unable to go anywhere? But hey, it is just expressing an opinion...

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Zaryia
@The_Deepblue said:

and I dislike the suppression of free speech,

So you're a free speech abolitionist. I see.

Just to see if you are consistent in this ideology, what are your thoughts on the 1,500+ banned books by Conservatives in the last 2 years?

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23959 Posts

@angry_walrus said:

@mrbojangles25: Perhaps you're right.... but like the Kanye West song goes, "I ain't sayin' they some gold diggers but they ain't messin' with no broke n*****."

If I have a radio broadcast and I tell people that the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade doesn't exist and is conspiracy. Then on the day of the parade, sponsers have lower than expected ticket sales, guess what, they get to sue me by this logic....

Lets not pretend that you don't personally dislike Alex Jones and have disdain in your heart for his political leanings ? Surely you wouldn't lie so blatantly ?

I think you need to look up how defamation laws work. Saying things that are wrong is not against the law. Maliciously lying however, is.

If Alex Jones agreed with me on political stuff I would dislike him more. My positions don't need conspiracy theories and people living in an alternate reality to hold merit. In fact, a conspiracy theorist like Alex Jones would do significant harm to the credibility of my beliefs.

Conspiracy theorists and snake oil salesmen like Alex Jones already do enough harm by blurring the line between nonsense and reality. The harm from Alex Jones does not onlyl come from defaming these people, leading to them getting harassed on a daily basis. But he also saps the critical thinking skills of society at large.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178860 Posts

@The_Deepblue said:

There is nothing new about defamation in America.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Zaryia
@angry_walrus said:

Your silly hypothetical example is an extreme false equivalency. These parents were grossly harassed.

They alleged the right-wing radio host's misinformation led to a decade of harassment and death threats.

The court found these allegations true apparently. Do you have evidence debunking the verdict?

A closer case to your example would be this,

Fox News producer's email about Pirro surfaces in Dominion defamation lawsuit : NPR

@angry_walrus said:

Sounds like the opposite. After looking at the facts of this case, it seems like anyone actually defending Jones is only doing so due to their twisted politics.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SUD123456  Online
Member since 2007 • 6956 Posts
@angry_walrus said:

Damn, forget 10 mins...

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By mrbojangles25
@The_Deepblue said:

def·a·ma·tion/ˌdefəˈmāSH(ə)n/Learn to pronouncenoun

1. the action of damaging the good reputation of someone; slander or libel."she sued him for defamation"

What is an example of defamation? What Is Defamation? Defamation is a false statement presented as a fact that causes injury or damage to the character of the person it is about. An example is “Tom Smith stole money from his employer.” If this is untrue and if making the statement damages Tom's reputation or ability to work, it is defamation.

You seem to think people can just say what they want without consequence, even if it causes serious harm.

You can't.

The slippery slope is not that we are not allowed to have an opinion as you fear, it's that we are allowed to lie to the point it ruins our society and culture.

Laws and regulations--and lawsuits and punishments when they are broken--keep things civil, for both sides.

@angry_walrus said:

@mrbojangles25: ...

If I have a radio broadcast and I tell people that the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade doesn't exist and is conspiracy. Then on the day of the parade, sponsers have lower than expected ticket sales, guess what, they get to sue me by this logic...

Well, no, because they could not prove it. First off, how are they going to track down the people that didn't go? Additionally, you could cite those other reasons--weather, family...literally anything--and say that was to blame for poor attendance. With that said, you can sue people for harming your business through opinions; if I went on a radio and said "Nike shoes are made using slave labor, buy New Balance"...guess what? Defamation!

No one is out to get "opinion havers", they're out to get people that break laws and hurt people. Joe Rogan is safe 😋

We've gone too far to extremes. We have the freedom and privilage of free speech, but not at the expense of causing harm to our peers. I think Americans have forgotten how to self-moderate and act with a bare minimum of decency; I think it's pretty obvious because you have a man, on a radio, convincing gullible people to abuse people who lost their children to gun violence in a place where they should be safe. I'd argue we've crossed the line at that point.

And in either case, there are laws in place that exist to protect both sides of this debate; laws to protect people from frivolous lawsuits simply for having an opinion, and laws that protect people from abusive liars that took things too far.

@angry_walrus said:

@mrbojangles25: ...

I don't care about his political leanings. I don't dislike or have disdain for people for their political leanings at all. I might be disappointed, let down, sad, or confused towards people's political leanings...but I don't dislike anyone for it.

I dislike Alex Jones because he is a terrible person who used his power to do terrible things.

Up until a few years ago, I was actually entertained by Alex Jones. I lumped him in with Bigfoot fanatics and UFO conspiracists. Just another nutjob who conned people out of their money for shitty supplements and silver commemorative coins by peddling harmless conspiracy theories.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178860 Posts

@angry_walrus said:

@mrbojangles25:

LOL. Not even remotely a good analogy. Do you listen to Alex Jones by any chance?

Angry_Walrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Angry_Walrus

@mrbojangles25: So Nike shoes are not made using slave labor ?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By mrbojangles25
@angry_walrus said:

@mrbojangles25: So Nike shoes are not made using slave labor ?

I don't know...are they? 🤔

Now we start the preliminary part of the court case I guess 😁

But the point is: I slandered Nike and said something I can't prove (and they can disprove), and if they can prove I cost them sales, guess what? I will probably have to pay damages.

I mean I think that's how it goes, that's what I've seen and heard happening before. I'm no lawyer though 😋

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MirkoS77

@The_Deepblue said:

Punished for profiting off of other peoples’ suffering by constantly lying without regard for the truth.

Sounds fair to me, unless you agree that people should be allowed to spew hateful lies about others with no factual evidence whatsoever to enrich themselves at their expense.

**** Alex Jones, and all conmen. They’re vermin and a scourge on society.

Angry_Walrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Angry_Walrus

Lets take a look at what Alex Jones said. He said that unknown malicious forces, perhaps as part of a larger global scheme, would create senario's that make gun-ownership difficult. Purposely sending gun-men, with the idea that multiple school shootings in a short amount of time would make congressional legislation easier to push through.

As a part of this, he did indeed say that the parents where 'trauma actors' and as a result, secondary players in this scheme. Now this kangaroo court tells us, if he cannot prove this to be true, then he has defamed them.

So then what ? I cannot form theories and express them ? They were harassed and threatened.... ok.... give each $25,000 and be done with it.

Alex Jones has incompetent people representing him and an American public bloodthirsty for as much pain as possible to be inflicted on him in any way possible.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Zaryia
@angry_walrus said:

Now this kangaroo court tells us

huh?

@angry_walrus said:

bloodthirsty for as much pain as possible to be inflicted

Sounds like you're describing Jones and his viewers and what they did to the parents.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 lamprey263

@silentchief: he'll have to pay what he can and forensic accounting will likely see to that. Given the high profile of this case and people's dislike of him, he'll have eyes on him the rest of his life. He'll have to file bankruptcy again. The court will figure out how to divide what wealth he has amongst those he owes. He may have to forfeit his business, assets, property to be auctioned to pay some amount of the sizeable judgements.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38684 Posts

@angry_walrus said:

Lets take a look at what Alex Jones said. He said that unknown malicious forces, perhaps as part of a larger global scheme, would create senario's that make gun-ownership difficult. Purposely sending gun-men, with the idea that multiple school shootings in a short amount of time would make congressional legislation easier to push through.

As a part of this, he did indeed say that the parents where 'trauma actors' and as a result, secondary players in this scheme. Now this kangaroo court tells us, if he cannot prove this to be true, then he has defamed them.

So then what ? I cannot form theories and express them ? They were harassed and threatened.... ok.... give each $25,000 and be done with it.

Alex Jones has incompetent people representing him and an American public bloodthirsty for as much pain as possible to be inflicted on him in any way possible.

he doesn't need you to represent him. as you said, he has enough incompetent people doing that already.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 lamprey263

@The_Deepblue: are you burying your head in the sand for what Jones's lies did to the families of the victims? Or do you have no sense what freedom of speech means and what doesn't constitute freedom of speech? Or are you just echoing the dumb shit people like Marjorie Taylor-Greene say?

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@angry_walrus said:

L O L

This is pretty revealing.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@angry_walrus said:

Dueces.

Maybe you should listen to or read some accounts of what these poor people had to go through. Alex Jones is sub-human.

Angry_Walrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Angry_Walrus

@MirkoS77: "Sounds fair to me, unless you agree that people should be allowed to spew hateful lies about others with no factual evidence whatsoever to enrich themselves at their expense."

Thats basically what legacy media does nearly every second of everyday....

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts
@angry_walrus said:

And that's a bad thing? Maybe don't tell blatant lies to your audience? Is that so hard?

Angry_Walrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Angry_Walrus

@zaryia: For 972 Million dollars you would probably go on live TV, look at the camera and swear up and down that the sun doesn't exist.

Don't act like your poop don't stink St. Zaryia .

Angry_Walrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Angry_Walrus

@PurpleMan5000: An who is the arbitier of this 'Truth' you speak of ?

Why is it, OVER and OVER, governments across the globes are constantly revealed to have been involved in various manner of horrendous schemes. Yet everytime a conspiracy theory gets popular, liberals love the shyte on it.

Was giving whiskey and small pox blankets to the Native American's a conspiracy ?

Was the Tuskeegee airmen scandal a conspiracy, where black men were purposfully injected with an STD ?

I wonder how things would turn out for me if I was a local German politician who started spouting off about rumored death camps in east. The Nazi party would of course call this ridiculous.

Does that mean that Sandy Hook was staged? No. But you wanna make this man pay every dime he has for this..... ludacris.

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 InEMplease
Member since 2009 • 7461 Posts

@angry_walrus: Thats a nice false equivalence you got there, but whatever helps you defend a monster that profited off the deaths of children and the suffering of their loved ones. Not everyone is willing to sell their soul.