2022 Midterms Election Thread: GOP wins narrow House majority, Democrats hold the Senate. Red Wave fails to materialize.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#101 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8401 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: lots of fracking guys in PA. Lot of jobs.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 SargentD

@comp_atkins said:
@zaryia said:
@sargentd said:
@comp_atkins said:

looks like it'll come down to georgia again in the senate assuming nevada stays as is.

Go Walker!!! Guys a Legend!!

He's absolutely insane and you should be trying to hope for a better candidate for your party/ideology.

if he doesn't win on dec 6th, maybe he can use his fake deputy badge to execute an arrest on warnock

Loading Video...

Walker is an absolute Beast.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11271 Posts

@zaryia said:

Democrats smashed the ‘red wave’ in Michigan, winning all statewide offices and the state Legislature | Politics & Elections | Detroit | Detroit Metro Times

Republicans should stick to lying about the economy rather than talking about gay math books and calling everyone and everything they dislike a child predator.

This fake culture war stuff, apart from being low IQ, just ain't it.

That shit spooks a lot of people, especially me. It feels like the opening salvo to 1930s Germany 2.0, especially from the party that calls itself the "free speech" party. It's literally throwing a bunch of hateful and random topics into a bowl, and choosing some to get people whipped into a frenzied mob about. On top of the people willing to signal boost it for a buck.

There's a bunch of bored and easily pliable people willing to act as vessels of destruction over the dumbest, most inconsequential garbage

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178880 Posts

@sargentd said:

@LJS9502_basic: lots of fracking guys in PA. Lot of jobs.

It's still not popular with voters.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#105  Edited By appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: It wasn't so much about fracking itself, it was the utter refusal to even acknowledge that his stance completely flip fliopped on it.

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By InEMplease
Member since 2009 • 7461 Posts

Breath of fresh air that Lake is being refused.

This is a solid statement; the maga movement is rejected. Unfortunately they're incapable of learning.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By SargentD

@InEMplease: half a percent lead with 70% counted. Lake can still win

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 InEMplease

@sargentd: You can't stand on a paper foundation. This person has no problem lying about everything. There's no reason for you to put your trust in them.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@sargentd said:
@comp_atkins said:
@zaryia said:
@sargentd said:
@comp_atkins said:

looks like it'll come down to georgia again in the senate assuming nevada stays as is.

Go Walker!!! Guys a Legend!!

He's absolutely insane and you should be trying to hope for a better candidate for your party/ideology.

if he doesn't win on dec 6th, maybe he can use his fake deputy badge to execute an arrest on warnock

Loading Video...

Walker is an absolute Beast.

He should stick with football he doesn't really know anything about politics and is a fraud on abortion.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3511 Posts

I wonder if there was any other time in politics where consistently standing for the biggest pos was the whole motivation of a movement like it happens with MAGAs nowadays.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@appariti0n said:

@LJS9502_basic: It wasn't so much about fracking itself, it was the utter refusal to even acknowledge that his stance completely flip fliopped on it.

I don't think he flip flopped. I think he is still recovering.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: He went from being vehemently against fracking, to suddenly being ok with it. What is your definition of a "flip flop"?

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#113 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15597 Posts

@kathaariancode said:

I wonder if there was any other time in politics where consistently standing for the biggest pos was the whole motivation of a movement like it happens with MAGAs nowadays.

Germany between 1920 and 1940.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 LJS9502_basic

@appariti0n said:

@LJS9502_basic: He went from being vehemently against fracking, to suddenly being ok with it. What is your definition of a "flip flop"?

I don't think he answered that question correctly.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#115 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@kathaariancode said:

You stand for Biden right? A president that threatens his own citizens if they step out of line? Or do you think the F-15s and nukes comment was appropriate of him? What about him threatening to use government powers to FIND a reason to punish Musk for no other reason than not liking him anymore? You still stand behind him don't you? Just click your heels together and stay in line.

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 InEMplease

@eoten said:
@kathaariancode said:

You stand for Biden right? A president that threatens his own citizens if they step out of line? Or do you think the F-15s and nukes comment was appropriate of him? What about him threatening to use government powers to FIND a reason to punish Musk for no other reason than not liking him anymore? You still stand behind him don't you? Just click your heels together and stay in line.

Aw, more made up nonsense. What a good little fascist parrot.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Eoten

@InEMplease said:
@eoten said:
@kathaariancode said:

Aw, more made up nonsense. What a good little fascist parrot.

Seriously? Fascist? That's the best you can do? And you call ME the parrot. ROFLMAO.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: "I do support fracking. And I don't, I don't. I support fracking, and I stand, and I do support fracking,"

He was also on Don Lemons show recently after the debate saying he supports it. I feel for the guy and hope he recovers. But I'm still unconvinced he's capable of doing the job, as of right now. I haven't been paying attention to politics until the last 4-6 years or so, but I'm amazed at who runs for positions and gets them. Aka Trump, Biden, Walker recently and Fetterman or Oz. I'm sure there's more but those come to mind.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Eoten
@joshrmeyer said:

@LJS9502_basic: "I do support fracking. And I don't, I don't. I support fracking, and I stand, and I do support fracking,"

He was also on Don Lemons show recently after the debate saying he supports it. I feel for the guy and hope he recovers. But I'm still unconvinced he's capable of doing the job, as of right now. I haven't been paying attention to politics until the last 4-6 years or so, but I'm amazed at who runs for positions and gets them. Aka Trump, Biden, Walker recently and Fetterman or Oz. I'm sure there's more but those come to mind.

Joe Biden has already proven you don't need full mental capacity to be successful in the DNC. Fetterman can't be any worse off even after a stroke.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By KathaarianCode

@eoten: To be honest, after Trump the standards became irrelevant. It takes a special kind of loser to fail reelection against a senile old man. Not that Trump isn't getting senile too. If you add the republican qanons then you enter in the "special needs" area.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#121 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4390 Posts

@eoten said:
@joshrmeyer said:

Joe Biden has already proven you don't need full mental capacity to be successful in the DNC. Fetterman can't be any worse off even after a stroke.

seems the right attacking the stroke angle again...

. funny that most people are not doctors and no know about strokes.

half the poster

here have most likely had a min stroke and never knew about it. it that common of a issue.

strokes affect people differently.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Eoten

@firedrakes said:
@eoten said:
@joshrmeyer said:

seems the right attacking the stroke angle again...

. funny that most people are not doctors and no know about strokes.

half the poster

here have most likely had a min stroke and never knew about it. it that common of a issue.

strokes affect people differently.

Yeah, keep telling yourself that. It has clearly had as serious effect on Fetterman's capabilities. Anyone who seen his debate could see it.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By KathaarianCode

Now I really hope the orange cancer announces he's running for president on the 15th.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 JoshRMeyer

@firedrakes: It's not attacking a stroke victim. Fit for office is a thing. And don't act like people on the left care about his well-being. Even Biden didn't know he was running for Senate in one of the rallys. He told everyone to vote Fetterman for governor lol

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17698 Posts

@kathaariancode said:

Now I really hope the orange cancer announces he's running for president on the 15th.

Yeah. This could turn out very badly for the Republicans.

Trump’s undoubtedly going to announce his candidacy very soon, but he’s more and more, from all indications, appearing to be a losing prospect for ‘24. All the public comments I’m seeing on conservative outlets (like 90%+) say they’re tired of Trump, his time has passed, they want DeSantis, etc. Yet Trump still has a large enough base that he could threaten to split and start his own party or run as an independent if he doesn’t get the nomination, which would pull enough voters away to ensure a democrat victory, simply out of spite. And if he does get the nomination, he’s more than likely going to lose. These midterm result, at least partly, are a refutation of Trumpism. I think the majority are tired of his bullshit and divisive and antagonistic style.

I’ve no doubt that his little vindictive ass would destroy the Republican party’s chances, simply to satiate his own pathetic vanity. It would be beyond poetic to see how Republicans support of someone who never gave a single toss about them, but only himself, would come back to haunt them.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 firedrakes

@joshrmeyer said:

@firedrakes: It's not attacking a stroke victim. Fit for office is a thing. And don't act like people on the left care about his well-being. Even Biden didn't know he was running for Senate in one of the rallys. He told everyone to vote Fetterman for governor lol

did i say left no..

do you not understand how hard it is to diagnose a min stroke???

even the amount of research done on the subject atm.

shows it happen to a person far more often. with current data around 50% of world pop has had at least 1.

but if where going the route the right takes. fit for office.

any drug that anyone takes will affect them different... stack that onto if more then 1 drug...

yeah the fit for office term really does not hold up...

let you and eton try it again. in the matter.

i have a vested intrest on the subject matter and heart attack(then other side if family cancer of the brain)

i had 2 primary family members in the medical field and a aunt that was in medication...

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 JoshRMeyer

@firedrakes: I'm not sure what you're going on about with the drug thing. This guy needs to heal. He can't understand basic questions. If you didn't watch the debate or hear some of his rally speeches, you should. You'd understand what I'm saying.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 firedrakes

@joshrmeyer said:

@firedrakes: I'm not sure what you're going on about with the drug thing. This guy needs to heal. He can't understand basic questions. If you didn't watch the debate or hear some of his rally speeches, you should. You'd understand what I'm saying.

you question about fit for office. i explain the point of how poor of a excuse for that.

i dont see you complain when a rep in congress etc has said issue(right side). dead silent about it.

i also explain about strokes to..

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 LJS9502_basic

@eoten said:
@joshrmeyer said:

Strokes do NOT equal mental incapacity. Also trump has proven you don't need full mental capacity. He preceded Biden. Get your timelines straight.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 LJS9502_basic

@joshrmeyer said:

His doctor cleared him but good to know that you know better.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Zaryia

lol watching Miss Linsday cry is hilarious,

Video of Lindsey Graham Pleading for Herschel Walker Viewed 1M Times (newsweek.com)

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Zaryia
@eoten said:
@joshrmeyer said:

Likewise Trump, Walker, MTG, Rand Paul, and many others already proved this as well for the GOP. What a bunch o' loons.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38695 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@eoten said:
@joshrmeyer said:

Strokes do NOT equal mental incapacity. Also trump has proven you don't need full mental capacity. He preceded Biden. Get your timelines straight.

seriously. do we all not remember george w bush was a thing?

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 firedrakes

@LJS9502_basic said:
@joshrmeyer said:

about what? weird take.

i was pointing out the fit for office part. the whole time.

also pointing out the stroke part. to(min ones)

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 LJS9502_basic

@firedrakes said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@joshrmeyer said:

about what? weird take.

I was talking to the other dude. Not you.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By MirkoS77
@LJS9502_basic said:
@eoten said:
@joshrmeyer said:

Strokes do NOT equal mental incapacity.

Seriously.

I had a moderate stroke in Jan ‘21 and have no cognitive impairments whatsoever, only a few minor residual coordination issues after having had to learn to walk again which put me in the hospital for two and a half weeks. Depending upon where the stroke occurred, a person can come out relatively unscathed in appearance of normalcy. Even if someone has trouble speaking it still doesn’t mean they are cognitively impaired, only that the part of the brain that does speech has been affected.

Some posters ITT are really showing their ignorance about CVAs.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Eoten

@LJS9502_basic said:
@eoten said:
@joshrmeyer said:

Are you telling me Fetterman always acted that way? Bullshit. He's been seriously and negatively effected by his stroke and it shows every time he is in front of a camera. But you're the same people who think Biden is normal so, incoherent rambling seems to be part of the DNC platform I guess.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 LJS9502_basic

@eoten said:

Are you telling me Fetterman always acted that way? Bullshit. He's been seriously and negatively effected by his stroke and it shows every time he is in front of a camera. But you're the same people who think Biden is normal so, incoherent rambling seems to be part of the DNC platform I guess.

No I'm telling you he had a stroke which does not equal mental impairment. And that fact that I had to repeat that to you.....

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Eoten

@LJS9502_basic said:
@eoten said:

No I'm telling you he had a stroke which does not equal mental impairment. And that fact that I had to repeat that to you.....

He is clearly impaired.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127530 Posts

@eoten said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@eoten said:

He is clearly impaired.

And still won, didn't he? Says a lot about his opponent.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 MirkoS77

@horgen said:
@eoten said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@eoten said:

He is clearly impaired.

….and those who endorsed him. 😂

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Eoten

@horgen said:
@eoten said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@eoten said:

He is clearly impaired.

It tells me a lot of people vote by party affiliation and not by substance.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 JoshRMeyer

@eoten: "It tells me a lot of people vote by party affiliation and not by substance."

This was all my point was. And for people to say he wasn't impaired? LOL what? Even CNN admits that. When you need a teleprompter to do a debate or interview, I'd say that's an impairment. Doesn't mean he's dumb. But he does have a communication impairment right now.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Zaryia
@eoten said:
@horgen said:
@eoten said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

He is clearly impaired.

It tells me a lot of people vote by party affiliation and not by substance.

Agreed. I had this same exact thought for when Trump or MTG won. Party over substance.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15597 Posts

More vote counts came in Arizona and Kelly is now projected to win the Senate seat by AP. The Nevada senate race is near dead heat but most of what's left are Democratic areas.

If Democrats win the Senate without even needing Georgia I'm officially declaring the red wave be renamed the red shart.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 firedrakes

@LJS9502_basic said:
@firedrakes said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@joshrmeyer said:

about what? weird take.

I was talking to the other dude. Not you.

ok. odd system was showing to me. k sorry about that.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#147 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 MirkoS77

Not a fan of Shapiro at all, but he spits facts about Trump here.

Loading Video...

Great that Trump will win the nomination, he will lose.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127530 Posts

@zaryia: Bringing so little of substance that someone recovering from a stroke beats you. Difficult to get a bigger burn than that.