Why no new tomb raider on vita?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mafia97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mafia97
Member since 2009 • 372 Posts

Hi guys,
I would have loved new tomb raider on vita , it is like uncharted game and i really enjoyed played uncharted on VITA.
Wish it would released on VITA as i like to play action adventure games on VITA.
What do you guys think?

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

Hi guys,
I would have loved new tomb raider on vita , it is like uncharted game and i really enjoyed played uncharted on VITA.
Wish it would released on VITA as i like to play action adventure games on VITA.
What do you guys think?

mafia97
It's a console game that they didn't want to port. You could make the same thread for every game that isn't released on Vita, but that would be a waste of time. Just like this thread.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#3 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

I prefer to play the superior version of games so I have no interest in playing ports from console/PC games on the Vita.

10knuckles01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 10knuckles01
Member since 2007 • 165 Posts

imagine demon's souls or dark souls on vita........... epic 

mafia97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mafia97
Those who dont have a console or PC could have enjoyed it on the VITA. This thread is for discussing , and i dont think discussion as waste of time
Comduter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Comduter
Member since 2004 • 2316 Posts

I prefer to play the superior version of games so I have no interest in playing ports from console/PC games on the Vita.

Legolas_Katarn

...unless it's an equally superior version of a console game that you can play on the go (something almost all of the Vita ports have been so far).  Why do people keep dismissing Vita games as being inferior console ports anyway?  Nobody ever bothers to give any examples.  Why is that?:P

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

[QUOTE="Legolas_Katarn"]

Comduter

...unless it's an equally superior version of a console game that you can play on the go (something almost all of the Vita ports have been so far).  Why do people keep dismissing Vita games as being inferior console ports anyway?  Nobody ever bothers to give any examples.  Why is that?:P

Smaller screen, controls, battery life, chance of it not being a perfect port. I have no reason to ever buy a handheld game over a console version.
Comduter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Comduter
Member since 2004 • 2316 Posts

[QUOTE="Comduter"]

[QUOTE="Legolas_Katarn"]

Legolas_Katarn

Smaller screen, controls, battery life, chance of it not being a perfect port. I have no reason to ever buy a handheld game over a console version.

But what do those examples have to do with Vita games being inferior console ports?  You only listed reasons why you don't like portable gaming devices, and a game doesn't need to be ported perfectly (if such a thing is even possible) in order for it to be great.

mafia97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mafia97
The psp had two tomb raider games are they were great , i didnt play them on my PC , i played them on my PSP and enjoyed them alot. So if tomb raider would have released on VITA , that would have been great too
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

good luck...i was begging for a wiiU version and we also got the shaft.

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#11 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
It's hard to imagine this game being on the Vita. It's a AAA console release that (I'm assuming) pushes its main consoles fairly hard, and it runs at 30FPS. It's got a pretty advanced animation system, and I'm willing to bet that everything it does wouldn't be possible to port to the Vita without some major cutbacks.
feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts
It's hard to imagine this game being on the Vita. It's a AAA console release that (I'm assuming) pushes its main consoles fairly hard, and it runs at 30FPS. It's got a pretty advanced animation system, and I'm willing to bet that everything it does wouldn't be possible to port to the Vita without some major cutbacks.Granpire
I don't think it has anything to do with the devs having to cut back on porting it to the Vita. There are ways to cut or go around that problem. I believe it's more of a money issue with them thinking it's not worth the investment.
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#13 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
[QUOTE="mafia97"]

Hi guys,
What do you guys think?

Toxic-Seahorse
It's a console game that they didn't want to port. You could make the same thread for every game that isn't released on Vita, but that would be a waste of time. Just like this thread.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

imagine demon's souls or dark souls on vita........... epic 

10knuckles01

IDK what this has to do with TR, but yes, these games would be awesome to have on the Vita.  Maybe around the release of DS2 we'll get a Souls game on the Vita (that isn't Soul Sacrifice).

And yes, a TR would also be nice on the Vita, especially if it is like the new one (though, the new one really is a game to be played on a big screen).  Maybe they'll make one for the Vita or we'll get a new Uncharted (which really isn't too out of the question, there were two syphon filters for the PSP because they were solid games like Golden Abyss is).

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#15 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
I don't think it has anything to do with the devs having to cut back on porting it to the Vita. There are ways to cut or go around that problem. I believe it's more of a money issue with them thinking it's not worth the investment.feryl06
There are always ways, of course. What I mean is that this game would be particularly difficult to port over, and the extra numbers of man-hours would make this even more expensive than it's worth. If anything, I could see a Vita spin-off happening, where the game could be designed with the Vita in mind from the outset. In my personal opinion, we don't need the new Tomb Raider on the Vita. It's far, far too similar to Uncharted to merit a purchase, and the Playstation gamers that want that sort of experience will opt to play the more well-written game between the two. (Even if the Vita version of Uncharted falls a little short) At any rate, it's not the sort of must-buy that would push people to buy a Vita.
The_King82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 The_King82
Member since 2009 • 47 Posts

Would have been pretty sweet.  I would have gotten it.  I'm not home that often anymore so I would be able to play it while on break from classes.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

[QUOTE="feryl06"]I don't think it has anything to do with the devs having to cut back on porting it to the Vita. There are ways to cut or go around that problem. I believe it's more of a money issue with them thinking it's not worth the investment.Granpire
There are always ways, of course. What I mean is that this game would be particularly difficult to port over, and the extra numbers of man-hours would make this even more expensive than it's worth. If anything, I could see a Vita spin-off happening, where the game could be designed with the Vita in mind from the outset. In my personal opinion, we don't need the new Tomb Raider on the Vita. It's far, far too similar to Uncharted to merit a purchase, and the Playstation gamers that want that sort of experience will opt to play the more well-written game between the two. (Even if the Vita version of Uncharted falls a little short) At any rate, it's not the sort of must-buy that would push people to buy a Vita.

Well, to be fair I think the new Lara Croft is a better character than Drake is most of the time.  But yes, I must agree it isn't the sort of system seller the Vita needs, that is better left for something like GTA or Elder Scrolls (an ES game can't be that out of the question, can it?).