Why is EA so hated?

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AaronHullLfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AaronHullLfc
Member since 2008 • 863 Posts

For a while now I've been wondering..why is EA so hated? As a neutral I'm on no ones side so please post your opinion!

-Aaron

Avatar image for deactivated-586cbea17e099
deactivated-586cbea17e099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 deactivated-586cbea17e099
Member since 2004 • 1091 Posts

Well, it stems from back in the day when EA had a tendency to release a whole lot of aweful games, aswell as buy out companies and basically eliminating their franchices.

But mainly it's just people "afraid" of the big company! :P

Avatar image for deactivated-58319077a6477
deactivated-58319077a6477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-58319077a6477
Member since 2007 • 4954 Posts
I'm not into EA that much I don't know why but I feel they just rash their games without putting to much work into them.
shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts
Year after year of crap
IllegalGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 IllegalGamer
Member since 2005 • 1178 Posts

Well, it stems from back in the day when EA had a tendency to release a whole lot of aweful games, aswell as buy out companies and basically eliminating their franchices.

Sorlok

They ruined NFL games...They bought the license for NFL. Therefore 2k Sports couldnt continue making good NFL games..

dangerd0g24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dangerd0g24
Member since 2008 • 1455 Posts
they destroy anything that they can get their hands on.
420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 420Token420
Member since 2007 • 5173 Posts
Their games used to be good .. now it's just for fun and money .. they are incredibly poor games (at least Madden) ..
huriona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 huriona
Member since 2003 • 361 Posts
Plus they ruined NFS & NASCAR !!
IllegalGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 IllegalGamer

Their games used to be good .. now it's just for fun and money .. they are incredibly poor games (at least Madden) ..420Token420

I remember madden 2001 was good. Now they just update the roster and update the graphics a little bit. Hopefully 09 would be good, i plan on renting it.

Dysantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dysantic
Member since 2003 • 1624 Posts
I hate them because I used to play a MMORPG called Ultima Online that was a hell of alot of fun when it started, but after some difficulties the companies the made it were bought out by EA. After the buyout, the game was completely changed and the gameplay that made it so much fun was completely changed and overhauled... for the worse.
tsylord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tsylord
Member since 2006 • 1176 Posts
I don't like them, sometimes their games are ok. One thing I do hate is that they own a majority of the market and their technical support sucks. Another thing I hate is that they never really try to push the boundries of games, like they RTS franchise they own has been using the same game engine for the past 10 years, another thing is that EA makes very befeafy computer games that are just too massive, such as Crysis (the game is impossible to run).
unholymight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 unholymight
Member since 2007 • 3378 Posts

EA can't make good games ... all they do is buy other companies with good games (Like Take Two with Grand Theft Auto IV) and then make crappy sequels that are simply designed to milk money.

They ruined many games like that, including the Command and Conquer series.

420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 420Token420
Member since 2007 • 5173 Posts

[QUOTE="420Token420"]Their games used to be good .. now it's just for fun and money .. they are incredibly poor games (at least Madden) ..IllegalGamer

I remember madden 2001 was good. Now they just update the roster and update the graphics a little bit. Hopefully 09 would be good, i plan on renting it.

It started going downhill at around Madden 04 .. and then when it came to the current gens it took a nose dive into the ground.

IllegalGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 IllegalGamer

Plus they ruined NFS & NASCAR !!huriona

I wouldnt say they ruined NASCAR, just last game wasnt as good. Same with NFS. NFSUG1 & 2 were good!. Pro Street is too easy and boring.

AaronHullLfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AaronHullLfc

Yea thanks for the posts, now thanks to use I hate EA. But must admit, I love Burnout Paradise and Fifa 08

And another thing, did EA originally own Half Life, Team Fortress and Portal (The Orange Box)

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts
I have no problem with Electronic Arts, if they release any good games then I will buy them, if not, then I won't, its that simple. Sci-Fi Survival Horror game Dead Space is one EA title that I have my eye on. Its looking pretty awesome at the moment.
IllegalGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 IllegalGamer

Yea thanks for the posts, now thanks to use I hate EA. But must admit, I love Burnout Paradise and Fifa 08

And another thing, did EA originally own Half Life, Team Fortress and Portal (The Orange Box)

AaronHullLfc

Publisher Yes

Developer No.

Avatar image for deactivated-586cbea17e099
deactivated-586cbea17e099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 deactivated-586cbea17e099
Member since 2004 • 1091 Posts

EA can't make good games ... all they do is buy other companies with good games (Like Take Two with Grand Theft Auto IV) and then make crappy sequels that are simply designed to milk money.

They ruined many games like that, including the Command and Conquer series.

unholymight

Nothing wrong with buying companies with good games to get in on that action, thats just good buisness sense, but what they USED to do was bad, what they used to do was buy out companies, and then make them do things the EA way by shoving them EA directors and executives, but they are going away from that, because they realised that they have a negative reputation because of this. So what they do now is buyout companies, let them continue to do what they like to do, but then just publish the games.

As i said, nothing wrong with that.

Oh, and CnC, what they did there was fire the whole damn team (like is said above), make Generals, screw that up, rehire most of that original Westwood team, make CnC3, do a great job of it!

huriona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 huriona
Member since 2003 • 361 Posts

[QUOTE="huriona"]Plus they ruined NFS & NASCAR !!IllegalGamer

I wouldnt say they ruined NASCAR, just last game wasnt as good. Same with NFS. NFSUG1 & 2 were good!. Pro Street is too easy and boring.

I think NFSGU1 & 2 were just ok; they took out cop chases whicch was the best feature/mode in the series. and instead introduced drifting & drag racing (yikes!).

CellAnimation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 CellAnimation
Member since 2007 • 6116 Posts
While EA may release some decent titles like Burnout Paradise they have a habit of releasing broken garbage, The Orange Box for an example. If I'm going to pay top dollar for a game it's not wrong that I expect it to run properly.
IllegalGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 IllegalGamer

While EA may release some decent titles like Burnout Paradise they have a habit of releasing broken garbage, The Orange Box for an example. If I'm going to pay top dollar for a game it's not wrong that I expect it to run properly.CellAnimation

Orange Box rocked!

Developer(s) Valve Corporation
EA London (PlayStation 3 version)

Publisher(s) Valve Corporation

Distributor(s) Electronic Arts (retail)
Steam (online)

AaronHullLfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 AaronHullLfc

I liked The Orange Box alot but Team Fortress dissapointed me. Reason why is because play it 2 hours straight and immediately it gets boring! Reason why is because there is five or six maps and only one is good!

Half Life 2 is awesome!

CellAnimation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 CellAnimation
Orange Box rocked!IllegalGamer
You're kidding right? EA Londons PS3 version of The Orange Box is garbage. Horrible frame rates, shocking load times, and up until the PS3 patch was released shocking online on TF2. I'd rate The Orange Box as my worst purchase on the PS3. It feels like a 5 year old PC game running on garbage hardware.
StanAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 StanAce
Member since 2003 • 206 Posts

Because they attempt to buy out their competitors and favour profits over quality...

There's no longetivity to any of their titles. After releasing maybe a patch or two, they'll pull the cord on any project.

IllegalGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 IllegalGamer

I liked The Orange Box alot but Team Fortress dissapointed me. Reason why is because play it 2 hours straight and immediately it gets boring! Reason why is because there is five or six maps and only one is good!

Half Life 2 is awesome!

AaronHullLfc

I agree HL2 is one of the best games after HL1 ofcourse. Portal...words cant describe it, except...It was a triumph! lol

[QUOTE="IllegalGamer"]Orange Box rocked!CellAnimation
You're kidding right? EA Londons PS3 version of The Orange Box is garbage. Horrible frame rates, shocking load times, and up until the PS3 patch was released shocking online on TF2. I'd rate The Orange Box as my worst purchase on the PS3. It feels like a 5 year old PC game running on garbage hardware.

I never said i played Orange Box on PS3. Only thing that came out of it that was good was Portal and HL2 episodes.

CellAnimation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 CellAnimation
I never said i played Orange Box on PS3.IllegalGamer
The I guess you really shouldn't be saying things like "Orange Box rocked" on a thread about why people hate EA. The Orange Box for PS3 is a great example of why I hate EAs business model. Release garbage to masses and watch them eat it up.
AaronHullLfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 AaronHullLfc
[QUOTE="AaronHullLfc"]

Half Life 2 is awesome!

IllegalGamer

I agree HL2 is one of the best games after HL1 ofcourse. Portal...words cant describe it, except...It was a triumph! lol

[QUOTE="IllegalGamer"]Orange Box rocked!CellAnimation

I never said i played Orange Box on PS3. Only thing that came out of it that was good was Portal and HL2 episodes.

[/QUOTEI totally agree with you, but dont agree with the guy that said it feels like a 5 year old P.C game! Nowhere near the truth
loominator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 loominator
Member since 2005 • 241 Posts
mediocre games at best.. with no real support after.. :/
Avatar image for CorporateHammer
CorporateHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 CorporateHammer
Member since 2007 • 992 Posts

Reasons to hate EA,

1. A long time ago there were xsn sports titles and EA sports. NHL Rivals 5on5 online hockey fun fun fun, then people wanted to play Madden on live. Microsoft bent over allowed EA to run their own servers and halted all xsn titles. NHL 08 3 on 3 hockey in the year 2007 which never worked.

2. Tiger Woods 06 - 50 person limit on the EA server and cant play online when I get home and open the game.

3. EA Servers!!!!

4.EA Servers!!!!

IllegalGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 IllegalGamer

Reasons to hate EA,

1. A long time ago there were xsn sports titles and EA sports. NHL Rivals 5on5 online hockey fun fun fun, then people wanted to play Madden on live. Microsoft bent over allowed EA to run their own servers and halted all xsn titles. NHL 08 3 on 3 hockey in the year 2007 which never worked.

2. Tiger Woods 06 - 50 person limit on the EA server and cant play online when I get home and open the game.

3. EA Servers!!!!

4.EA Servers!!!!

CorporateHammer

3 & 4, i havent lagged once on Madden yet...

AaronHullLfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 AaronHullLfc

Your right, EA need to sort out their servers!

Wuflungdung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33 Wuflungdung
Member since 2007 • 634 Posts
[QUOTE="Sorlok"]

IllegalGamer

They ruined NFL games...They bought the license for NFL. Therefore 2k Sports couldnt continue making good NFL games..

I hear this all the time, but im yet to see a better realistic NFL game, I have only seen EA improve its sports games over the years.

I am just wondering when you guys think they started to go downhill?

ps3wizard45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34 ps3wizard45
Member since 2007 • 12907 Posts
they ruined medal of honor ...still dont beleive me go play ao2
CaptainDurty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 CaptainDurty
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
i think its retarded to have to pay thousands of dollars to play a game thats not even that good.
CellAnimation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 CellAnimation
I am just wondering when you guys think they started to go downhill?Wuflungdung
When they started to shovel out games on an annual basis, adding a couple of "features" that did nothing more than fix bugs from the previous years version and calling it a new game. So that would be... um years ago. ;)
IllegalGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 IllegalGamer
[QUOTE="IllegalGamer"][QUOTE="Sorlok"]

Wuflungdung

I hear this all the time, but im yet to see a better realistic NFL game, I have only seen EA improve its sports games over the years.

I am just wondering when you guys think they started to go downhill?

Youve only seen EA improve NFL games because they own the license.

Edit :

i think its retarded to have to pay thousands of dollars to play a game thats not even that good. CaptainDurty

whoa...how much do your games cost?

Djinnator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Djinnator
Member since 2007 • 645 Posts
The ony thing that I don't like is that they are attempting at least one hostile takeover, of Take-Two, I don't care if they make bad games cause I usually don't buy bad games. I think I only own two EA games, Orange box for 360 and The Godfather: Blackhand Edition, as I said I don't bother with the rest.
PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts

EA basically buyout their competitions and worry most about their own dollars rather than concentrating on making quality games for the gamers, which is an awful offense to us. Also you can hear from other devs that EA runs itself more like a business than a group of creative talents, so which means their employees only get rushed and beated with sticks to work their butts off rather than allowing them time to put their real talents to the test.

They are also the prime leader in bringing in in-game advertisements and still the main supporters for that so they can get money not only from us but every kind of sponsors out there.

Their EA sports franchises are so annoying they're basically pumping out one game every year for each kind of sport there is, regardless of how much(or how less) innovations and improvements there are over the last year's. As well every franchise they buy in eventually gets ruined by their executive decisions. Just look at C&C3 and battlefield. Their RTS's are all flash and no substance(yes I'm referring to both battle of middle earth and C&C) and the battlefield series just got their reputation soaked with dirt with the recent controversy of DLC.

Is that not enough reasons to hate EA? I mean there was a time where we'll all agree EA to be a humble company in terms of providing great games to us, but that time is now long gone.

n00bkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 n00bkid
Member since 2006 • 4163 Posts
[QUOTE="Sorlok"]

IllegalGamer

i agree with you. EA really messed up on NFL >.>

NFSU2_RC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 NFSU2_RC3
Member since 2004 • 372 Posts
beacause their jerks!!! all they want is money and control over everything
Bloodseeker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43 Bloodseeker23
Member since 2008 • 8338 Posts
EA have some good games too.. 'some'
USAFCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 USAFCOM
Member since 2008 • 331 Posts
I used to love EA, but my main problem is that they slaughter games that could be good just to make money
swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 swamplord666
Member since 2007 • 1873 Posts

because they eat babies.

On a more serious note the whole milk every franchise worth milking every year is getting tiresome. And most of the games they come out with are Sh!t. No depth, no emotion, just money. There is no love for games, just profit. Basically I see EA as the equivalent of bad movie franchises lie "epic movie" or "date movie" or bad horror films like "wax house". No love, just money.

meteorgun7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#46 meteorgun7
Member since 2003 • 25135 Posts
I was an intern/tester for EA Chicago, tested the Marvel game. I liked working there, but the games aren't really that great to me.
Avatar image for CorporateHammer
CorporateHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47 CorporateHammer
Member since 2007 • 992 Posts
[QUOTE="CorporateHammer"]

Reasons to hate EA,

3. EA Servers!!!!

4.EA Servers!!!!

IllegalGamer

3 & 4, i havent lagged once on Madden yet...

Well, Im mainly refering to their lobbys. When you are playing madden I do believe its a P2P connection once the game starts. Look I know people enjoy EA games but I personally have been let down as far as buying an EA title (besides Madden) and getting home and playing online. Cannot connect to EA servers so hey the servers dont like me Ill play elsewhere.

C-Himura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#48 C-Himura
Member since 2004 • 2160 Posts
I have no problems with them, cause I hardly buy EA games (in fact, I don't own any:P) but they sure make money hungry companies seem really nice. When I heard stuff about charging for weapon DLC's that should have been in the game, you know they wanna milk your money in any way they can.
techargon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 techargon
Member since 2003 • 646 Posts
the big problem i have with EA is they use dirty business tactics. look at the Take Two acquisition, EA said they wanted to buy Take Two and made them an offer. Take Two said no, so instead of making a better offer now EA is trying to buy out all of Take Two shares for a hostile take over.
baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 baller72
Member since 2007 • 1847 Posts

Their games used to be good .. now it's just for fun and money .. they are incredibly poor games (at least Madden) ..420Token420
Exactly.... I mean they have great ideas but after they put all their effort in the first one soon after they start milkin out sequels... the first couple NBA streets were great.. then yea.... and the same thing with NFL Street... NBA Live... DEf Jam... I can go on and on... you see it would be different if they did not have the ability to make good games cause if that was the fact we would not even care... it is the fact that they have the ability to make greatness but instead just put out just enough to get you to buy the game and end up having buyers remorse...

Oh the only last sequel I liked was the James bond game everything or nothing... cause the first one sucked(Night fire) and I thought everything or nothing was going to also but what did EA do they revamped everything and made a great game which erveryone knows they are capable of...