Why do people say the PS3 is no success?

• 129 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Meta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Meta7
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

when i look at the games and pictures it looks great, i still have not gotten to play it but how can sonic get such a low rating? and the people at my local gamestop keeps saying how dissapointing the PS3 is what gives

Meta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Meta7
bump
xXSCREWSTONEXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 xXSCREWSTONEXx
Member since 2006 • 517 Posts

when i look at the games and pictures it looks great, i still have not gotten to play it but how can sonic get such a low rating? and the people at my local gamestop keeps saying how dissapointing the PS3 is what gives

Meta7

I have the 60 gb PS3 and I find it dissapointing.

Meta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Meta7
how come?
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts
[QUOTE="Meta7"]

when i look at the games and pictures it looks great, i still have not gotten to play it but how can sonic get such a low rating? and the people at my local gamestop keeps saying how dissapointing the PS3 is what gives

xXSCREWSTONEXx

And I have the 60 gb PS3 and I find it awesome. All a matter of opinion really.
xXSCREWSTONEXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 xXSCREWSTONEXx
[QUOTE="xXSCREWSTONEXx"][QUOTE="Meta7"]

when i look at the games and pictures it looks great, i still have not gotten to play it but how can sonic get such a low rating? and the people at my local gamestop keeps saying how dissapointing the PS3 is what gives

The_Rick_14

And I have the 60 gb PS3 and I find it awesome. All a matter of opinion really.

You are correct.

aznfool07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 aznfool07
Member since 2005 • 3552 Posts
Popular thing to do right now is to hate the PS3. Its kinda like "come on, everybody's doing it" kind of thing.
xXSCREWSTONEXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 xXSCREWSTONEXx
I guess it's because I have a xbox 360, who knows?
xXSCREWSTONEXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 xXSCREWSTONEXx

Popular thing to do right now is to hate the PS3. Its kinda like "come on, everybody's doing it" kind of thing.aznfool07

I am not sure if you are talking about me but I am not hating on the PS3. It's just that it's a big disappointment. Just about all the games for PS3 are now going to the 360. People say 360 is far ahead because it came a year out before the PS3 but really, Sony could have came out with the system at the same time due to the fact that both systems were in production at the same time and also Sony haves alot more experience at making consoles.

Ronaldihno10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ronaldihno10
Member since 2006 • 344 Posts
thats true Xbox 360 i say is better and then wii and then PS3 either is that they dnt have good games out yet or its just bad. BUt IMAGINE WHEN wii gets super smash bros brawl thats gonna be killing
aznfool07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 aznfool07
Member since 2005 • 3552 Posts

[QUOTE="aznfool07"]Popular thing to do right now is to hate the PS3. Its kinda like "come on, everybody's doing it" kind of thing.xXSCREWSTONEXx

I am not sure if you are talking about me but I am not hating on the PS3. It's just that it's a big disappointment. Just about all the games for PS3 are now going to the 360. People say 360 is far ahead because it came a year out before the PS3 but really, Sony could have came out with the system at the same time due to the fact that both systems were in production at the same time and also Sony haves alot more experience at making consoles.

Yeah but so many people are bashing it because of small disappointments nothing really major.
xXSCREWSTONEXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 xXSCREWSTONEXx

thats true Xbox 360 i say is better and then wii and then PS3 either is that they dnt have good games out yet or its just bad. BUt IMAGINE WHEN wii gets super smash bros brawl thats gonna be killingRonaldihno10

Hopefully PS3 will catch up and let's all hope that Sony learns from their mistakes. Oh and the Nintendo WII a very nice and unique system, plus when Smash Brother's comes out then I am going o get a WII for sure.

xXSCREWSTONEXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 xXSCREWSTONEXx
[QUOTE="xXSCREWSTONEXx"]

[QUOTE="aznfool07"]Popular thing to do right now is to hate the PS3. Its kinda like "come on, everybody's doing it" kind of thing.aznfool07

Yeah but so many people are bashing it because of small disappointments nothing really major.

I think Motor-storm was the only reason why I bought the PS3. But when they improve on the browser for the PS3, add custom sound tracks to games and the release of Home and alot more improvements. plus I have to say that these are not minor problems, they are major!!! Sony needs to make some changes.

xXSCREWSTONEXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 xXSCREWSTONEXx
Anyone else agree?
UntoldDreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 UntoldDreams
Member since 2006 • 3238 Posts
[QUOTE="aznfool07"][QUOTE="xXSCREWSTONEXx"]

[QUOTE="aznfool07"]Popular thing to do right now is to hate the PS3. Its kinda like "come on, everybody's doing it" kind of thing.xXSCREWSTONEXx

I think Motor-storm was the only reason why I bought the PS3. But when they improve on the browser for the PS3, add custom sound tracks to games and the release of Home and alot more improvements. plus I have to say that these are not minor problems, they are major!!! Sony needs to make some changes.

I don't think its quite that simple.  Recall Microsoft has lost like 4 billion dollars sum total over the years on XBox.
If Sony attempted to lose this much over a period of 5 years their shareholders would have revolted.
Microsoft isn't "heroic" or "smarter" they simply have more money to burn and its really the explanation.

What most XBox fans don't get is every single penny of that 4 billion is going to have to come out of their pockets one day with huge interest.   M$ isn't a cash rich company because they "give away money for free"... They known how to suck the most money out of customers better than anyone else once they establish a monopoly.  If M$ wins then everybody else loses (including you).

UntoldDreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 UntoldDreams

If Sony decided to lose "4 billion dollars" basically a billion a year to solely obtain exclusives then yeah you would get your dream of PS3 only having exclusives which no one else had.

However... Sony in turn would have to charge like hell to get that 4 billion back which is exactly what Microsoft will have to eventually do to their userbase.  It's coming and there is no way around it.

Shareholders don't give money away for free.  They loan money out and expect it to come back with interest.

JordanKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JordanKid
Member since 2005 • 1231 Posts
I love my PS3, and its not even close to a failure.....it broke records in Europe for preordering and selling and it was 15x more preordered then wii and PS3 outselled 360 in both japan and europe day 1 and those are the biggest markets, they arnt even close to "failure" stop listening to fanboys, hell ps2 outsells 360 still, listen to yourself not other people
IsmirZone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 IsmirZone
Member since 2006 • 1173 Posts

Meta7
It is not success but nor a falure. Sony just forgot it's about the games for a sec. I hope they wake the ****UP.
xXSCREWSTONEXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 xXSCREWSTONEXx
I am sorry but all of those things you are saying about M$ shares and money haves nothing to do with the fact that Sony have made some serious mistakes and need to improve before they go under.
ilikemilk007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ilikemilk007
Member since 2004 • 138 Posts
The reason people are dissin' the system is because of the price. So they complain on how they can't afford it, so people mind as well think it sucks since they can't buy one. Thats how I see it at least.
deadpool51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deadpool51
Member since 2007 • 243 Posts

the only reason they are goin to the 260 is case there relaease date happens to be so close the the PS3s launch , so the PS3 doesnt have the install base yet that developers need to make there money back on these expensive next gen game,s wait a year and u will see alot of exclusives for the PS3.
xXSCREWSTONEXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 xXSCREWSTONEXx

The reason people are dissin' the system is because of the price. So they complain on how they can't afford it, so people mind as well think it sucks since they can't buy one. Thats how I see it at least.ilikemilk007

False... I complain about the system due to facts. I bough the 60 gb PS3 and I can easily keep it without worrying about the money I have in my pockets, I am not trying to impress anyone. It's just that it seems you are saying this about me because I can't afford it. It's funny because I have the 360 also but I plan on buying the Black 360 Elite because of the improvements they made.

wallpaper42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 wallpaper42
Member since 2005 • 4127 Posts
Well the only PS3 haters I see are at Gamespot on the forums... But pretty much everyone at my school who is interested in video games thinks the PS3 is the best gaming system yet. I guess it's just because these guys are hard-core fanboys.
bdhoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bdhoff
Member since 2003 • 4104 Posts
I love my PS3, and its not even close to a failure.....it broke records in Europe for preordering and selling and it was 15x more preordered then wii and PS3 outselled 360 in both japan and europe day 1 and those are the biggest markets, they arnt even close to "failure" stop listening to fanboys, hell ps2 outsells 360 still, listen to yourself not other peopleJordanKid
PS2 also still outsells PS3. People really need some new reasons why the 360 sucks.
ilikemilk007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ilikemilk007
Member since 2004 • 138 Posts

[QUOTE="ilikemilk007"]The reason people are dissin' the system is because of the price. So they complain on how they can't afford it, so people mind as well think it sucks since they can't buy one. Thats how I see it at least.xXSCREWSTONEXx

False... I complain about the system due to facts. I bough the 60 gb PS3 and I can easily keep it without worrying about the money I have in my pockets, I am not trying to impress anyone. It's just that it seems you are saying this about me because I can't afford it. It's funny because I have the 360 also but I plan on buying the Black 360 Elite because of the improvements they made.

Hmmmm, if you're complaining about the system, then you shouldn't be owning one.
wallpaper42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 wallpaper42

I guess it's because I have a xbox 360, who knows?xXSCREWSTONEXx

That doesn't really make sense, why is the Xbox 360 better than the PS3 in your eyes?

coolasj19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 coolasj19
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts

Well the only PS3 haters I see are at Gamespot on the forums... But pretty much everyone at my school who is interested in video games thinks the PS3 is the best gaming system yet. I guess it's just because these guys are hard-core fanboys. wallpaper42

your so lucky everybody at my school is an XBOX fanboy or fangirl it is all a matter of opinioni think resistence and motorstorm and soon to be oblivion are awesome. like i keep saying towards summer and winter it's gonna *with cowboy like accent* shoot off like a bouble barell shotgun. YEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAA. i live in houston texas  the best place in the whole entire western hemisphere

xXSCREWSTONEXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 xXSCREWSTONEXx

[QUOTE="xXSCREWSTONEXx"]I guess it's because I have a xbox 360, who knows?wallpaper42

That doesn't really make sense, why is the Xbox 360 better than the PS3 in your eyes?

Because the online service is so much better and haves hardly any flaws. A great variety of games and especially the new exclusives coming out. Plus I like being able to listen to custom sound tracks while I play my games. M$ keeps their system updated with new content and much more to make the system better than it was in the past year. It's also really annoying how I have to buy a $60 blue-tooth head set just to chat on the PS3 when some of the PS3 games don't even support voice chat. Plus I can care less about wireless mic's. The 360 makes voice chat and communication with your friends much easier. The 360 haves so much more things that I like that the PS3 does not have or fails to do well.

JordanKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 JordanKid
Member since 2005 • 1231 Posts

[QUOTE="JordanKid"]I love my PS3, and its not even close to a failure.....it broke records in Europe for preordering and selling and it was 15x more preordered then wii and PS3 outselled 360 in both japan and europe day 1 and those are the biggest markets, they arnt even close to "failure" stop listening to fanboys, hell ps2 outsells 360 still, listen to yourself not other peoplebdhoff
PS2 also still outsells PS3. People really need some new reasons why the 360 sucks.

im not even trying to convince people the 360 sucks, i have one:? im simplying saying the PS3 is not failing at all but they got to pick up and add stuff to the playstation store and get more games out...which they are probably going to focus on now since the Europe launch is over, they've also got to make sure they have FF and MGS4 secured...IMO at least

xXSCREWSTONEXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 xXSCREWSTONEXx

[QUOTE="wallpaper42"]Well the only PS3 haters I see are at Gamespot on the forums... But pretty much everyone at my school who is interested in video games thinks the PS3 is the best gaming system yet. I guess it's just because these guys are hard-core fanboys. coolasj19

your so lucky everybody at my school is an XBOX fanboy or fangirl it is all a matter of opinioni think resistence and motorstorm and soon to be oblivion are awesome. like i keep saying towards summer and winter it's gonna *with cowboy like accent* shoot off like a bouble barell shotgun. YEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAA. ilive in houston texas  the best place in the whole entire western hemisphere

You live in Houston Tx??? I am in Portland Oregon but I am from H-Town. I am moving back soon.

xXSCREWSTONEXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 xXSCREWSTONEXx

[QUOTE="bdhoff"][QUOTE="JordanKid"]I love my PS3, and its not even close to a failure.....it broke records in Europe for preordering and selling and it was 15x more preordered then wii and PS3 outselled 360 in both japan and europe day 1 and those are the biggest markets, they arnt even close to "failure" stop listening to fanboys, hell ps2 outsells 360 still, listen to yourself not other peopleJordanKid

im not even trying to convince people the 360 sucks, i have one:? im simplying saying the PS3 is not failing at all but they got to pick up and add stuff to the playstation store and get more games out...which they are probably going to focus on now since the Europe launch is over, they've also got to make sure they have FF and MGS4 secured...IMO at least

I agree.

UntoldDreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 UntoldDreams
[QUOTE="wallpaper42"]

[QUOTE="xXSCREWSTONEXx"]I guess it's because I have a xbox 360, who knows?xXSCREWSTONEXx

Because the online service is so much better and haves hardly any flaws. A great variety of games and especially the new exclusives coming out. Plus I like being able to listen to custom sound tracks while I play my games. M$ keeps their system updated with new content and much more to make the system better than it was in the past year. It's also really annoying how I have to buy a $60 blue-tooth head set just to chat on the PS3 when some of the PS3 games don't even support voice chat. Plus I can care less about wireless mic's. The 360 makes voice chat and communication with your friends much easier. The 360 haves so much more things that I like that the PS3 does not have or fails to do well.

A fair response actually from you but its your side of the fence not everyone else's.

1) I like PS3's user upgradeable 2.5" hard disk (unlike the the 360 where you have to wait on them and pay $$$)

2) I like that multiplayer network gaming is free on the PS3

3) I like that Linux is supported on the PS3

4) I like bluetooth tec more than proprietary wi-fi

5) I like that USB enabled stuff works all over the PS3 (headsets, microphones, video cameras, hard disks)

6) I don't think their network is up to snuff yet but I like where they are going with HOME

Oh yeah... I like having a browser in the PS3.

wallpaper42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 wallpaper42
[QUOTE="wallpaper42"]

[QUOTE="xXSCREWSTONEXx"]I guess it's because I have a xbox 360, who knows?xXSCREWSTONEXx

The online services are pretty much the same. You have DLC, demos, trailers, friends, games, and the only things I think Live has that PSN doesn't is achievment points, a $60 dollars a year price tag and I know theres some more but I can't think of it right now. Oh and the PS3 has a web browser, that's a pretty big deal in my opinion. Custom sound tracks... You got me there but PS3 should be getting that eventually. Sony keeps their system updated with new content and much more. Paying $60 for a headset? Or you could buy a PS2 USB headset for like 20 bucks... I personally don't care about voice chat but I guess you do so I understand that.

FireFalkon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 FireFalkon
Member since 2004 • 866 Posts
All the 360 has right now that the ps3 doesn't is GeoW IMO, All the ps3 has Motorstorm and Resistence GeoW is better than both sony offerings, if MGS, FF and Namco fighting games were not exclusive for the ps3 i would buy a 360 right now, but they are and i don't have nearly enough money to buy either console
highlander0659

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 highlander0659
Member since 2003 • 1102 Posts
No one should be hating on the PS3. It's broken sales records and there's really nothing concrete to warrant despising it(unless you're a rabid lemming or sheep).
FireFalkon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 FireFalkon
Member since 2004 • 866 Posts
A fair response actually from you but its your side of the fence not everyone else's.

1) I like PS3's user upgradeable 2.5" hard disk (unlike the the 360 where you have to wait on them and pay $$$)

5) I like that USB enabled stuff works all over the PS3 (headsets, microphones, video cameras, hard disks)

6) I don't think their network is up to snuff yet but I like where they are going with HOME

Oh yeah... I like having a browser in the PS3.UntoldDreams

it's pretty funny to see that if you want to expand your hdd or use a custom headset with the 360 you have to buy 360 proprietary addons

so much for "giving the consumer the chance to choose"

the same thing for online, you either pay to paly or you don't play at all!

xXSCREWSTONEXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 xXSCREWSTONEXx
Sorry to make some of you mad, I am just giving my opinion on the PS3. I really do hope that Sony does better in the future because I don't know if it's worth my time. I still got love for the PS3, that is why I am still keeping it. But anyway if someone can please add me than that would be really cool. My name on the PS3 network is the same as my name on here, xXSCREWSTONEXx. Oh and it's my xbox 360 gamer-tag name. I'm out, later peep's and keep supporting the PS3...
xXSCREWSTONEXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 xXSCREWSTONEXx
[QUOTE="UntoldDreams"] A fair response actually from you but its your side of the fence not everyone else's.

Oh yeah... I like having a browser in the PS3.FireFalkon

it's pretty funny to see that if you want to expand your hdd or use a custom headset with the 360 you have to buy 360 proprietary addons

Amen brother!!! Seriously...

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10614 Posts
[QUOTE="wallpaper42"]

so the ps3 don't have games coming their way huh??!?!? yeah right , mind u that sony was rated top 3 in the software department under ubisoft and ea so their exclusives in most cases do pack a wallop
venmous22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 venmous22
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

k my psn ID: venmous22

Gastman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Gastman
Member since 2005 • 265 Posts
[QUOTE="UntoldDreams"] A fair response actually from you but its your side of the fence not everyone else's.

Oh yeah... I like having a browser in the PS3.FireFalkon

I smell a Xbox fanboy on here

Stryder_18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43 Stryder_18
Member since 2004 • 942 Posts
I don't know why people say it, but I don't care I still love mine:D
magikmark84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 magikmark84
Member since 2005 • 479 Posts

Meta7
Dont pay them no mind dude, they are just bia's, all the details that the gamestop employee's tell u is based on their opinion, PS3 is a great success, I mean check this... PS3 broke a record in 3 days by selling 165,000 consoles, thats historic plus all these great games are set to come out soon so trust me, PS3 is not doing bad at all btw here the source about the PS3 record I told ya about. Source : http://ps3.ign.com/articles/776/776086p1.html
urazn13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 urazn13
Member since 2007 • 178 Posts
Borat would say. "Playstations 3, it great success!"
Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Sully28
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts

[QUOTE="ilikemilk007"]The reason people are dissin' the system is because of the price. So they complain on how they can't afford it, so people mind as well think it sucks since they can't buy one. Thats how I see it at least.xXSCREWSTONEXx

What improvements? hdmi and a bigger HD? PS3 already has this. PS3 is getting almost every game Microsoft gets except their exclusives, which aren't that great right now. Mass effect, halo 3, and bioshock(which is rumored over and over to come to PS3). PS3 has heavenly storm, killzone, warhawk, MGS4, FF,Lair,GT,etc. The only thing xbox has on ps3 right now is a user-base, which is something the ps3 will get back when home and exclusives.

bdhoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 bdhoff
Member since 2003 • 4104 Posts
[QUOTE="FireFalkon"][QUOTE="UntoldDreams"] A fair response actually from you but its your side of the fence not everyone else's.

Oh yeah... I like having a browser in the PS3.Gastman

I smell a Xbox fanboy on here

Did you quote the right post? Because neither of those says Xbox fanboy to me...
Liquid-Prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Liquid-Prince
Member since 2007 • 2277 Posts

Ha...what improvements are those, may I ask? They no longer plan to change the processor to 65nm and the only thing that's different is a bigger HDD ( you can buy that separate ) an HDMI port (needs to compete with Sony) and a black finish... Basically it's the black version of the 360 with the same innards.
Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Sully28
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts
liquid prince said that well. Its pretty much a xbox trying to be a ps3, HDMI, big HD, Black finish? ps3 traits.
Liquid-Prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Liquid-Prince
Member since 2007 • 2277 Posts
liquid prince said that well. Its pretty much a xbox trying to be a ps3, HDMI, big HD, Black finish? ps3 traits. Sully28
Pretty much.