Why did MGS4 get a 10.0 ?

• 189 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NYCKing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 NYCKing87
Member since 2008 • 1262 Posts

Your obviously a nonsensical troll. COD4 and Halo 3 better looking games? Please.

Everyone is so quick to jump on the guy. I haven't played the game, I just boguht the essentials pack so I can catch up on the story, but it seems everyone is pointing out what they don't like about his question, without really paying attention to what he said. I haven't seen the game enought o judge anything about it, but if it doesn't look as good as some other games, he has a point. Also, the 10.0 should be a very rare occurance, and like someone above said, a 10.0 is a game that can not be improved. He beleives it has some faults. I wouldn't call him a newb or anything like that just because he questioned the game.waferlawrence
Both of you are noobs then.

TheAcejoel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

#102 TheAcejoel99
Member since 2008 • 1059 Posts

Your obviously a nonsensical troll. COD4 and Halo 3 better looking games? Please.

[QUOTE="waferlawrence"]Everyone is so quick to jump on the guy. I haven't played the game, I just boguht the essentials pack so I can catch up on the story, but it seems everyone is pointing out what they don't like about his question, without really paying attention to what he said. I haven't seen the game enought o judge anything about it, but if it doesn't look as good as some other games, he has a point. Also, the 10.0 should be a very rare occurance, and like someone above said, a 10.0 is a game that can not be improved. He beleives it has some faults. I wouldn't call him a newb or anything like that just because he questioned the game.NYCKing87

well your obviously a MGS fanboy, seeing as your avatar is snake. PLEASE stop bashing me for having an opinion.
soren008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 soren008
Member since 2008 • 2190 Posts

I loved the short-lived gameplay, but I also found it dreadfully boring .. its' an 8/10 in my opinion

It can be very immersive & cinematic at times ... but the self-indulgent cut scenes are unbearable

The graphics were not a problem at all in my opinion .. couldn't care less

it's a shame, 10/10 reviews should be given to real masterpieces like "Mafia" PC

CoreoVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#104 CoreoVII
Member since 2007 • 1838 Posts
Look how many comments the poster got....man you guys feel for it lol
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#105 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I know, most of you loved the game, but I played it for about a half hour and I don't see the fun, I find it boaring. Sorry if you don't share my view of it, I think it deserves a 9.0 at best. I will break it down, I hear it's visuals are amazing, but I play it and the first thing I see is a HORRIBLE looking tree with terrible resolution and their hair is all clumpy everything is all flat feeling with no charecter, explosions are neat, but everything else left more to be desired. and you move far too slow, why can't I run?SOOOO many other games look alot prettier Animations are very very nice, but everything else dosen't impress. Gameplay seems too loose. (could be me) Sound however I found no problems with and enjoy alot, I'm thinking of selling for $25 at gamestop. And how did he instantly get old? I'm not saying the game is bad, I think the game is great, but NOT even close to a 10.0

TheAcejoel99

Very simple - because it deserves it. There are millions of people who enjoy the game, if you wanted "attention", you got it.

That's the only explanation i see from this post.

NYCKing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 NYCKing87
Member since 2008 • 1262 Posts
[QUOTE="NYCKing87"]

[QUOTE="waferlawrence"]Everyone is so quick to jump on the guy. I haven't played the game, I just boguht the essentials pack so I can catch up on the story, but it seems everyone is pointing out what they don't like about his question, without really paying attention to what he said. I haven't seen the game enought o judge anything about it, but if it doesn't look as good as some other games, he has a point. Also, the 10.0 should be a very rare occurance, and like someone above said, a 10.0 is a game that can not be improved. He beleives it has some faults. I wouldn't call him a newb or anything like that just because he questioned the game.TheAcejoel99

well your obviously a MGS fanboy, seeing as your avatar is snake. PLEASE stop bashing me for having an opinion.

I'm not a fanboy thank you. Your opinion on this game is dumb.
1uP_OnYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 1uP_OnYou
Member since 2008 • 3183 Posts

I know, most of you loved the game, but I played it for about a half hour and I don't see the fun, I find it boaring. Sorry if you don't share my view of it, I think it deserves a 9.0 at best. I will break it down, I hear it's visuals are amazing, but I play it and the first thing I see is a HORRIBLE looking tree with terrible resolution and their hair is all clumpy everything is all flat feeling with no charecter, explosions are neat, but everything else left more to be desired. and you move far too slow, why can't I run?SOOOO many other games look alot prettier Animations are very very nice, but everything else dosen't impress. Gameplay seems too loose. (could be me) Sound however I found no problems with and enjoy alot, I'm thinking of selling for $25 at gamestop. And how did he instantly get old? I'm not saying the game is bad, I think the game is great, but NOT even close to a 10.0

TheAcejoel99

Theres your problem. Finish the game. Don't forget about MGO it rules.

BrendanLee13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 BrendanLee13
Member since 2006 • 61 Posts

im not a big mgs fan but i got the game with the bundle

have to admit best looking graphics and storyline

i think it did desrver 10 out of 10

canialblasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 canialblasm
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
personally i dont agree with gamespot that mgs4 got a 10. the graphics aren't actually great, and there seemed to be really random videos going on everywhere. i also found that trying to aim the gun was very difficult. i also found that the gameplay was a bit slow for my liking, a bit too much stealth, even though that most people would like it, i didnt really.
redskins2156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 redskins2156
Member since 2007 • 2553 Posts
Find a game that looks better besides Uncharted.
PerZiaNPriNce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 PerZiaNPriNce
Member since 2008 • 68 Posts
u need to get into the game man, u dun jus play for 30 mins then say u din like it....that game is complex maybe thats y u din like it. get the game, learn the game nd next thing u know ur playin it non stop for hours.
Avatar image for deactivated-62d5c59659078
deactivated-62d5c59659078

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#112 deactivated-62d5c59659078
Member since 2007 • 2104 Posts
*cough* Halo 3 barely even makes the high definition mark considering its 620p or some kind of crap like that. Not to mention it looks like the devs took Halo 2, copies all the models and textures, and only updated the shaders and added some depth to it. MGS4 is possibly the best looking game of all time. The entire game is all realtime rendered. There is no CGI crap like most games do for fancy cutscenes. MGS4 is pure ingame rendered and is truly a video game feat for graphics on a console. In my opinion, MGS4 topples even Crysis. I have played Crysis on Very High DX10 with even some graphics tweaks that make the game look amazing, but even then, while Crysis has all the open areas and far vast maps. But, MGS4 has truly amazing details that just cannot be ignored and are better then Crysis without a doubt in my mind. You must reach the opening cutscene for Act 5. Until you've seen that cutscene, you cannot say ANYTHING about the graphics in MGS4. MGS4 is the game to tie up one of the greatest stories to grace video game history ever. It is truly remarkable. And until you have a full understanding of the game, once again, you can't say ANYTHiNG bad or negative towards the game. It is completely biased. I admit, there may be several flaws to MGS4 that Ive encountered myself personally like the pace of the game seems a little fast and not all stealth espionage like the game is supposed to be - but I truly believe MGS4 deserves that 10 point spot. It is truly a work of art. Now, the game I think should NOT have the 10 point spot is GTA 4. I can't tell you how much of a bad experience I had with that game. So many frikken glitches in that game it'll make your head spin.
polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#113 polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts

>_>

I hope you played the first three of the series

and judging a game base on 30 min gameplay...

sixshooter0825

ya i hate when people judge a game that they played for about half an hour... i only played mgs1 and mgs2.. the beggining wasent that good in mgs4... but the rest of the game was awesome

PerZiaNPriNce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 PerZiaNPriNce
Member since 2008 • 68 Posts
nd dun even dare talk bout the graphics no other game in the WORLD look as good as it does wit all the things happanin in the game...
itwiz90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#115 itwiz90
Member since 2003 • 3037 Posts

Only an half hour, wow please don't get in a position to review people for raises, you probably wind up beat up in an alley, LOL.

Seriously though, half hour, slow moving, you must not have ever played any game in the series before, too bad. May be you should have research the game play aspects before taking the plunge. Stealth requires slow precise movement. If you are doing recon for the USMC and you start moving real fast or running you and your men end up DEAD. Too bad you truly didn;t understand how the games is to be played it would have been more enjoyable to you.

DString[] - brought to you by: tripletags.com

mooch3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 mooch3
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

TheAcejoel99

Well on the "SOOOO many other games look alot prettier", I would like you to name five. I know I am a fan of the Metal Gear series so I do have a bias opion, but the reason why it got a 10 was because it like the others in the series is like playing a well developed movie, and although at times you are watching more than you are playing the game when you do play the game the gameplay is fitting for both sneaking gamers and run & gun gamers. I don't mind that people think that it didn't deserve a 10, but don't bash the quality of the animations and character rendering, because it is the best on the market, besides Crysis with a high end graphics card.

Jeremy252

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Jeremy252
Member since 2004 • 339 Posts

"I know, most of you loved the game, but I played it for about a half hour and I don't see the fun, I find it boaring. Sorry if you don't share my view of it"

You almost answered your own question. YOU didn't like the game as much as THEY did. You aren't them.

Wezker619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#118 Wezker619
Member since 2006 • 1427 Posts
actually MGS4 did deserve a 10. Voice acting top notch. Characters are lively. Graphics are amazing. Just cause crysis has awesome graphics doesn't mean its a good game.(its rather bland) . Anyway Multiplayer is alright, socom will pwn it. MGs4 offered everything. Plus the music is real nice.
Ocram_Zepol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Ocram_Zepol
Member since 2006 • 1199 Posts
Duuuude... the game is amazing. You just need to play MGS1 - 3 to be able to fully appreciate it, otherwise you're just going to be lost.
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#120 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts

I loved the short-lived gameplay, but I also found it dreadfully boring .. its' an 8/10 in my opinion

It can be very immersive & cinematic at times ... but the self-indulgent cut scenes are unbearable

it's a shame, 10/10 reviews should be given to real masterpieces like "Mafia" PC

soren008
"In my opinion", your opinion just became a whole lot more avoidable.
baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 baller72
Member since 2007 • 1847 Posts

I read this last night and I said WTF... but now looking at what you wrote I see what you are saying... Yea the first part may seem a bit slow and this is coming from a total MGS fanboy, but trust me it will pick up.

And the reason it got a 10 is because it is an end of a great Gaming series for one and two all the previous complaints that held it back from getting a 10 before are fixed.

And the only is great imo... little laggy but hey considering how much the characters can do online I am not surprised u may get a lttle lag here and there.

And plus u rated it a 9 within 30 min and that was the worst part of the game imo... so trust me about time you finish it you should be rating it an 11...

Oh if you want to play online with me my id is Tonysmoove

and my clan is called Da Crew

baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 baller72
Member since 2007 • 1847 Posts

I read this last night and I said WTF... but now looking at what you wrote I see what you are saying... Yea the first part may seem a bit slow and this is coming from a total MGS fanboy, but trust me it will pick up.

And the reason it got a 10 is because it is an end of a great Gaming series for one and two all the previous complaints that held it back from getting a 10 before are fixed.

And the only is great imo... little laggy but hey considering how much the characters can do online I am not surprised u may get a lttle lag here and there.

And plus u rated it a 9 within 30 min and that was the worst part of the game imo... so trust me about time you finish it you should be rating it an 11...

Oh if you want to play online with me my id is Tonysmoove

and my clan is called Da Crew

baller72
only should be online
Avatar image for CorporateHammer
CorporateHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#123 CorporateHammer
Member since 2007 • 992 Posts
[QUOTE="TheAcejoel99"]

plasma 46 inch high def on 1080i with optical out cables for true dolby surround sound. It's awsome. I just find many more games to look better.

N-REAL

Try it on a Full HD at 1080p, like mine, Sony Bravia 46" 1080p, after that, you may comment.

Thats what I was thinking 1080p mmmmmm...

crewboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 crewboi
Member since 2008 • 86 Posts
epic lolz
SSlater413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 SSlater413
Member since 2008 • 514 Posts
It got a 10 because it's one of the best games of this generation so far. The game can't be improved upon.
Sheps21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Sheps21
Member since 2007 • 129 Posts
Here is the thing, this game is meant for people who have played the other MGS games. If you play it thinking shoot first, you know your going to have a bad time. You need to leave killing as a last resort. And for the not so great visuals, I don't know what your smoking. The professional reviewer himself said this game was the most impressive looking and sounding game to date.
G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#127 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts
[QUOTE="TheAcejoel99"]

plasma 46 inch high def on 1080i with optical out cables for true dolby surround sound. It's awsome. I just find many more games to look better.

N-REAL

Try it on a Full HD at 1080p, like mine, Sony Bravia 46" 1080p, after that, you may comment.

Pfft you don't even need 1080p, I played MGS4 on a 720p 55" Sony Wega TV and it looked amazing. He's obviously just blowing steam. EPIC FAIL!

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#128 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts
because 10 out of 10 is the maximum a game can get
wcbballkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 wcbballkid
Member since 2005 • 265 Posts
I rented this game for five days, and I came to the conclusion that it wasn't a game but a movie with occasional interaction.
sixshooter0825

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 sixshooter0825
Member since 2008 • 102 Posts

[QUOTE="TheAcejoel99"]people keep saying that I think the game looks bad, and I never said that, BUT it does not derserve a 10.0 is what I'm saying plenty of other games look better. Crysis (I know it's PC game) halo 3, Call of duty 4, assasins creed, all of them (in my view) look at the very least a little better than MGS4. THIS IS ALL MY OPINION, I'm just stating my opinions don't eat me alive for it.Dongalos

And my opinion is its the best looking game for the playstation 3

the colours especially on the 2nd chapter with its blue hues ...its just a beautiful game

Thank you for posting these and Acejoel how dare you say HALO has good graphics are you kidding me hardly any difference between halo 2 and 3

And if you dont want to be eaten out with your opinion then dont post nonsense

Avatar image for darkangel_78589
darkangel_78589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 darkangel_78589
Member since 2003 • 205 Posts

What I am seeing, as far as when people say this, and/or that about a particular game, isn't so much that they don't like the game. Though, most of them may try to force the point out. In essence, what I have been seeing is more along the lines that, since the gaming world, as a whole has been saturated with games that, though not necessarily subpar, don't contain most of the elements that games like Metal Gear, or Final Fantasy has had over the years. True depth. Something that carries it far deeper than any generic video game has ever even thought to garner. Though many a game developers have tried, very few have actually managed to capture the depth, the intensity that games such as these two have managed to conquor.

Many, as with the topic creator are probably already stuck on the whole "I just want to get this game over, and done with. I don't want, nor need a story. I just want to play the game" mentality. Sadly, it is this mentality that keeps one from actually enjoying every aspect of games such as these. In example; Storyline. Character Development. Things of this nature. Most are more inclined into saying. "Hey look! I got a game that looks good!" And, forget the all around creative process that goes into making such games. Unfortunately, you can't please them all. In any case, to answer your question topic creator... Perhaps it was given a 10 considering it is, afterall the majority of the gaming community that sees the game worthy of such a high rating. Whereas a rare few may not. Though, ratings are given under the impression by a large consensus. Not a small few. So, where you may not like it. Many others do. And, as they say... It's the numbers that count.

codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#133 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts

>_>

sixshooter0825
Of which the first 23 are spent in a cutscene. No doubt MGS4 is one of the reasons I want a PS3 right now, but let's be honest here. Hideo Kojima has done some great in-game mechanics, and while he seems aware that games are a great way to convey a message, he seems to not have much patience for the gaming aspect of it, considering the overwhelming cutscene-to-gameplay ratio.
liamabob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#134 liamabob
Member since 2004 • 1723 Posts
[QUOTE="TheAcejoel99"]

N-REAL

gahd.. this isn't a TV comparison topic.
also. TC, you fail :P

xialon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#135 xialon
Member since 2007 • 593 Posts

I have no clue.

Read the review I wrote on it. I asked the same question accompanied with the question of why GTA IV got 10 out of 10.

All we can do is wonder and ponder.

SollidSnake_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#136 SollidSnake_
Member since 2008 • 2991 Posts

[QUOTE="DeathAwaits530"]To answer your question as to why he got, uhh... Maybe the playing the game for half an hour would tell you. I know a lot of people played this game for the story because it has a really deep story that is rich with twists and turns. Im sorry you don't like it, but no need to come here and give a foolish review that no cares about.TheAcejoel99

I feel bad that I don't like it because I feel like I should love it, because of the 10.0 and I'm not saying I hate the game or anything, I'm just saying that I think it dosen't deserve the 10.0 I know most people love it, I wish I did. PLEASE don't judge me or hate on me, just saying my opinion.

np, but y, u should love it :P

shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts

[QUOTE="psyball"]I bought a ps3 for that game, bought it, reviewed and gave it a 9, i agree with you. Check out my review if your interested. : )TheAcejoel99

THANK YOU!!! I never said it was a bad game, I said I would give it a 9.0 as well, I plan on finishing it, and yes you can get a good impression of what a game is like with 30 min. Also I have played metal gear before, I liked metal gear solid 2: liberty something alot.

obviously you didnt like it enough to remember its name. Also, MGS2 was the weakest in the series. All i knw is that throughout MGS4, i was mesmerised, and didnt want it to end. Even after 20 hours i was still gripped, and any game that does that for me deserves a 10. And seriously, halo 3, the game that looks like a turd. Also, your marking it down for graphics but that means your saying, if a game does not have the best graphics available, it cannot get a 10? Well then please remove all those 10 scores from bioshock as it does not have the best graphics around.

[QUOTE="sixshooter0825"]

>_>

codezer0

Of which the first 23 are spent in a cutscene. No doubt MGS4 is one of the reasons I want a PS3 right now, but let's be honest here. Hideo Kojima has done some great in-game mechanics, and while he seems aware that games are a great way to convey a message, he seems to not have much patience for the gaming aspect of it, considering the overwhelming cutscene-to-gameplay ratio.

Hes actually offering a fan service which no developer seems to do nowadays. Hideo Kojima is a god among developers and has created my favourite game ever, bar none.

codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#138 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts

Hes actually offering a fan service which no developer seems to do nowadays. Hideo Kojima is a god among developers and has created my favorite game ever, bar none.

shabab12
Fan Service? Let's see... Devil May Cry 4 Silent Hill: 0rigins the upcoming Mega Man 9 and the decision to stick with the old-skool system of things. Need I go on? No, I fan service titles are not new. My only gripe with such a large cut scene-to-game play ratio that is the case with most of the MGS titles is that given that the game has managed to go on a newer console generation each time, you would think that Hideo would have picked up a few new lessons in order to try and reduce the number of cut scenes and allow the player to actually do all the cool **** that is usually reserved for those sequences. Take for example the rather simplistic moment in MGS1 where Snake flipped the CD case around to find the codec frequency needed to advance the storyline. In a few titles like Resident Evil and Silent Hill, they had a rather neat feature of being able to examine an item in 3D space and look around it for unique features that may not stand out at first glance. Given the game was re-released as "Twin Snakes" on the GameCube, you would think that Hideo would have taken an opportunity to add that kind of functionality in for at least an important plot-advancing item like this. But no, he sticks to the cut scene of Snake doing it after you nag the Colonel to figure it out. While that is all well and good for first-time players, it becomes freakin' annoying on a replay because you'd seen all that already and just want to get on with it. Or again, such as with some of the intro scenes Kojima uses for boss fights in where Snake and the given boss duke it out before finally letting you have the controller. RE4 still used cut scenes but then made them interesting by having moments where you had to press a button, shake the Wii remote, or something else in order to get the intended result. One of the final fights that used this method extensively was made freakin' sweet because you weren't just sitting there watching it happening, but making sure it did happen, even if by arbitrarily making it happen. None of the MGS's I've played thus far ever do this, or really let the player do much of anything during the cut scenes except for those rare moments in MGS3 where you could then see things from Snake's specific point of view. I'm certainly not saying that the game is bad. What I am saying is that given all the talk about the power of the ps3 , and about all the things that Kojima was talking about doing with the console regarding MGS4, I would have rathered see less cut scenes and more action, where it seems that MGS4 instead (going by reviews, here, until I actually get myself a ps3 and the game) that MGS4 manages to have a higher clip-to-play ratio of the entire metal gear solid series. And that is not exactly something to be proud of.
hilltops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 hilltops
Member since 2005 • 1833 Posts

Why did he get instantly old??

:evil: if you have played the game "thoroughly" you would know

I have a question now for you though..
"Why are you breathing?"

shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts
[QUOTE="shabab12"]

Hes actually offering a fan service which no developer seems to do nowadays. Hideo Kojima is a god among developers and has created my favorite game ever, bar none.

codezer0

Fan Service? Let's see... Devil May Cry 4 Silent Hill: 0rigins the upcoming Mega Man 9 and the decision to stick with the old-skool system of things. Need I go on? No, I fan service titles are not new. My only gripe with such a large cut scene-to-game play ratio that is the case with most of the MGS titles is that given that the game has managed to go on a newer console generation each time, you would think that Hideo would have picked up a few new lessons in order to try and reduce the number of cut scenes and allow the player to actually do all the cool **** that is usually reserved for those sequences. Take for example the rather simplistic moment in MGS1 where Snake flipped the CD case around to find the codec frequency needed to advance the storyline. In a few titles like Resident Evil and Silent Hill, they had a rather neat feature of being able to examine an item in 3D space and look around it for unique features that may not stand out at first glance. Given the game was re-released as "Twin Snakes" on the GameCube, you would think that Hideo would have taken an opportunity to add that kind of functionality in for at least an important plot-advancing item like this. But no, he sticks to the cut scene of Snake doing it after you nag the Colonel to figure it out. While that is all well and good for first-time players, it becomes freakin' annoying on a replay because you'd seen all that already and just want to get on with it. Or again, such as with some of the intro scenes Kojima uses for boss fights in where Snake and the given boss duke it out before finally letting you have the controller. RE4 still used cut scenes but then made them interesting by having moments where you had to press a button, shake the Wii remote, or something else in order to get the intended result. One of the final fights that used this method extensively was made freakin' sweet because you weren't just sitting there watching it happening, but making sure it did happen, even if by arbitrarily making it happen. None of the MGS's I've played thus far ever do this, or really let the player do much of anything during the cut scenes except for those rare moments in MGS3 where you could then see things from Snake's specific point of view. I'm certainly not saying that the game is bad. What I am saying is that given all the talk about the power of the ps3 , and about all the things that Kojima was talking about doing with the console regarding MGS4, I would have rathered see less cut scenes and more action, where it seems that MGS4 instead (going by reviews, here, until I actually get myself a ps3 and the game) that MGS4 manages to have a higher clip-to-play ratio of the entire metal gear solid series. And that is not exactly something to be proud of.

I underdtand what your saying but the fans ACTUALLY enjoy the cutscenes and would like them to carry on as you get to the end. The only people who complain about it are the ones who are not into the metal gear series and buy the game because of the hype.

javelin121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 javelin121
Member since 2008 • 477 Posts
I love the MGS franchise but I do wonder how they got a ten. I found the on-line to be a little frustrating. I takes to long to get in a game and having to choose a room to enter is unnecessary. The on-line should have been like COD4 where you just choose a game mode and it finds the game which takes much less time. I don't even want to get started on the retarded process of making a separate account for the game. DAMN YOU KOJIMA!
ludacriss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 ludacriss
Member since 2005 • 1150 Posts
Because IT DESERVES. If you have played previous mgs games then you'll know.
soren008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 soren008
Member since 2008 • 2190 Posts
[QUOTE="soren008"]

Symphonycometh

"In my opinion", your opinion just became a whole lot more avoidable.

thanks for telling me little fellow ..

avoidable enough to quote me ... :|

Young_Gunner91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Young_Gunner91
Member since 2007 • 147 Posts
FIRST OFF!!!! Kojima is not involved with the online, its Konami! DON'T EVER BAD MOUTH KOJIMA!!!! It sounds like you need to go back to a more simple game like COD4! I love the online and single player! Its not hard once u get past the learning curve. All I need to say is that it got a perfect score out of over 100 gaming websites and magazines.
Joel_Pichardo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Joel_Pichardo
Member since 2007 • 320 Posts
I didn't play the last three MGS games and I must say that MGS4 is one of the best games I've played in a long time. I also regret not playing the last three MGS games:evil:.
silence790

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 silence790
Member since 2008 • 1111 Posts
Actually I think it gets a lot better when it gets to around Act II or Act III, Act I was okay but I didn't find a lot of fun in it.
macewarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 macewarrior
Member since 2008 • 40 Posts

HORRIBLE looking tree with terrible resolution

hair is all clumpy everything is all flat feeling with no charecter

everything else left more to be desired

you move far too slow

everything else dosen't impress.

Gameplay seems too loose.

TheAcejoel99

After saying the above, how can you proceed to say?

"I'm not saying the game is bad, I think the game is great."

WTF?

And FYI you learn about snake's aging in the first half hour or less... You didn't even concentrate obviously.

willyc09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 willyc09
Member since 2006 • 412 Posts

TheAcejoel99

Hahahahaha how did he get old all of a sudden....HAHAHAHAHA. Oh man thats classic. You dont really know the story clearly or paid attention. The only goal i can see in this is to be different and "unique". I used to not care for metal gear solid to, check my posting history and you'll find something on that. But after i played em through properly i changed my vote. As for not looking so good? UUUmmmmmm....i dare you to pick out a game on this gen's consoles that looks better. Not even possible. Maybe your TV has a problem? Could be fuzzy or blurry?

kingyotoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 kingyotoX
Member since 2007 • 2689 Posts
when you spell boring as boaring, how can you be taken serious.
ICEMAN9800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#150 ICEMAN9800
Member since 2006 • 657 Posts
Because Metal Gear Solid 4 is a master piece