Who Is Subscribing To PS+?

• 199 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#101 hxczuner
Member since 2009 • 2672 Posts
[QUOTE="hxczuner"]I'm still waiting for the "Pick one to keep" feature to be mentioned. I think this is where it would fall in but again, it's all pretty ambiguous. Even the launch date of "Later this month"...like, they haven't figured out exactly what they're doing yet.DJ_Lae
It's almost as if they're fishing for opinions and comments from various messageboards - and they just picked a random assortment of features in order to figure out what they should actually do upon launch. Doesn't seem particularly well thought out somehow.

It's either not well thought out, or genius; I'm not sure which.
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts
I am, 3 months free? That's amazing. :)
brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#103 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

Never

-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts
Depends on the UK price.
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 MushroomWig

Depends on the UK price.-Hoax-
£39.99 for a year or £11.99 for 3 months.

-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 -Hoax-

[QUOTE="-Hoax-"]Depends on the UK price.MushroomWig

Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#107 Khadaj32
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts

[QUOTE="-Hoax-"]Depends on the UK price.MushroomWig

Ah, thank you. Should have been more considerate to the UK gamers in the OP *facepalms self*

-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 -Hoax-
[QUOTE="Khadaj32"]

[QUOTE="MushroomWig"]

Depends on the UK price.-Hoax-

Ah, thank you. Should have been more considerate to the UK gamers in the OP *facepalms self*

Lol i was looking for the price on the first post :P Nice Thread btw!
Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Khadaj32

[QUOTE="Khadaj32"]

[QUOTE="MushroomWig"] £39.99 for a year or £11.99 for 3 months.

-Hoax-

Lol i was looking for the price on the first post :P Nice Thread btw!

Thank ya! And I updated the pricing.

-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 -Hoax-
Cool :)...do you plan on buying PSN+ yourself?
Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Khadaj32

Cool :)...do you plan on buying PSN+ yourself?-Hoax-

I sure am :D LBP GOTY is a nice bonus, and 4 games per month plus other exclusive content makes it worth $50 per year for me. Also, Sony have really impressed me over 2009 and now 2010. I think they've warranted a $50 investment from me.

-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 -Hoax-

[QUOTE="-Hoax-"]Cool :)...do you plan on buying PSN+ yourself?Khadaj32

I sure am :D LBP GOTY is a nice bonus, and 4 games per month plus other exclusive content makes it worth $50 per year for me. Also, Sony have really impressed me over 2009 and now 2010. I think they've warranted a $50 investment from me.

I plan on buying it but i need to test it out first with the 3 month trial.

It Starts on June 29th but i need to get a new PS3 does that mean my trial will start on 29th because i already have a PSN account?

Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Khadaj32

[QUOTE="Khadaj32"]

[QUOTE="-Hoax-"]Cool :)...do you plan on buying PSN+ yourself?-Hoax-

I plan on buying it but i need to test it out first with the 3 month trial.

It Starts on June 29th but i need to get a new PS3 does that mean my trial will start on 29th because i already have a PSN account?

I'm too sure on that, technicality info like that hasn't been released yet. I would think that the three month trial isn't universal; it's dependent on the user consenting to an online form to allow access to be opened up. Like, I don't think on June 29th everyone will be able to download Wipeout HD for free. I would think the user has to instigate enabling the service.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#114 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I'll get the free trial and see what I think of it.

Mcortijo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Mcortijo01
Member since 2003 • 2589 Posts

I'll be probably be getting a year subsrciption, $50 isn't much and I like what is being offered. Rally Cross here I come.LightR

Same here except for Rally Cross :P

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#116 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

I'm not going to bother with it

nitsud_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 nitsud_19
Member since 2004 • 2519 Posts

I'll see how it is during the trail and make my decision. Hell I haven't renews my XBL sub since the start of the year and don't plan to anytime soon.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#118 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

Whoever supplied the UK price on this thread, do you know that for certain or is that an educated guess based on exchange rates? Also I am in the UK, and we don't normally get Qore (something has been mentioned to do with that for PSN+) here unless we have a US account, so will us UK gamers get something as a substitute?

Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Khadaj32

Whoever supplied the UK price on this thread, do you know that for certain or is that an educated guess based on exchange rates? Also I am in the UK, and we don't normally get Qore (something has been mentioned to do with that for PSN+) here unless we have a US account, so will us UK gamers get something as a substitute?

_Matt_

Hmm, good questions. I'll look into it all now, and update the OP accordingly.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 inggrish

[QUOTE="_Matt_"]

Khadaj32

Hmm, good questions. I'll look into it all now, and update the OP accordingly.

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 MushroomWig

_Matt_
It's the offical price. :)
inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 inggrish

[QUOTE="_Matt_"]

MushroomWig

NIIICE. I was looking for it earlier and all I could find was a US price. Thanks a lot. But what about the second half of my question?

Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Khadaj32

[QUOTE="MushroomWig"][QUOTE="_Matt_"]

_Matt_

NIIICE. I was looking for it earlier and all I could find was a US price. Thanks a lot. But what about the second half of my question?

Can't find any information regarding Qore access in Europe. It is a good question though, and I'm sure Sony will address that soon.

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 MushroomWig

[QUOTE="MushroomWig"][QUOTE="_Matt_"]

_Matt_

I think it's too early to say yet, maybe we'll get the UK version (I forget what it's called) instead.
Avatar image for bobbleheadrogue
bobbleheadrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#125 bobbleheadrogue
Member since 2009 • 2203 Posts

nope, as the in-game communication doesn't really come into use for me- most of my friends game on the 360. Also, the games they currently offer don't interest me either :P

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 inggrish

[QUOTE="_Matt_"]

[QUOTE="MushroomWig"] It's the offical price. :)Khadaj32

Can't find any information regarding Qore access in Europe. It is a good question though, and I'm sure Sony will address that soon.

Cool, I really hope us lot in the UK will get Qore

-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 -Hoax-
Doesnt the UK have that "First Play" thing which cost 99p isnt that our version of Qore?
inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 inggrish

Doesnt the UK have that "First Play" thing which cost 99p isnt that our version of Qore?-Hoax-

Haha I have already tried that and it has nothing on QORE

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#129 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
All my friends already have LIVE, which I pay for already. Only one friend has a PS3. Also, I tried Qore for a year, and thought it was terrible. Looks like I will try the free 3 months and make my mind up later, but I really don't see how I would benefit from this unless all my friends decided to get PS3s.
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 MushroomWig
Doesnt the UK have that "First Play" thing which cost 99p isnt that our version of Qore?-Hoax-
Yeah, that's it! I was trying to think what it was called. By the way, It's not called PSN+ (Playstation Network Plus), it's just called PS+ (Playstation Plus).
inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 inggrish

[QUOTE="-Hoax-"]Doesnt the UK have that "First Play" thing which cost 99p isnt that our version of Qore?MushroomWig
Yeah, that's it! I was trying to think what it was called. By the way, It's not called PSN+ (Playstation Network Plus), it's just called PS+ (Playstation Plus).

oops, thought it was PSN+ lol. :oops:

Drakecharted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Drakecharted
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Even though I'd like to see more features, I'll probably get it.
Avatar image for Mister__Awesome
Mister__Awesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#133 Mister__Awesome
Member since 2009 • 2439 Posts
I'll be on the PS+ bandwagon
jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 jshaas
Member since 2003 • 2411 Posts
I'm leaning towards getting a yearly sub... I'll definitely try it though. I'd like to know where Sony would allocate these funds though. If they use them to improve the PSN as a whole then I'm all for it. I know some of the money will go to the devs of all the PSN content being offered up, but improving the PSN for everyone is a must. It's not bad, don't get me wrong, but it has it's flaws. I'm looking foward to how this unfolds in the coming weeks. I'm really liking how everyone is so open to this after all the rumors having so much negative feedback. Also, the whole 18 and under thing doesn't really matter. Minors will just get their parents to put on their credit card... which I'm sure Sony will make it mandatory to have a card saved on your account to use the PSplus.
Avatar image for Roland123_basic
Roland123_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Roland123_basic
Member since 2002 • 3841 Posts

so 50 dollars a year for crossgame chat... the rest is just BS promo stuff to try to get you to buy into it. sounds like sony is really grasping at straws here.

Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Khadaj32

so 50 dollars a year for crossgame chat... the rest is just BS promo stuff to try to get you to buy into it. sounds like sony is really grasping at straws here.

Roland123_basic

How do you figure? It's completely optional. If they made this mandatory to force the PS3 to become more competitive with Live's service, then yes, grasping at straws. However, the fact that it is an optional service pretty much negates any kind of "Sony is grasping at straws." comments. If you don't want it, don't get it, and continue your free access to PS3 online gaming. I find it really odd that PS+ is similarly priced to Live, as well as offering the same service plus free stuff to go along with it, and it's considered as "grasping at straws." If people want more from Sony they need to learn to support it.

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 MushroomWig

Roland123_basic
Sony have confirmed that cross chat is not part of Playstation Plus, I guess you COULD read between the lines and assume something like it's just going to be for everyone included in the firmware 3.40 update..but who knows.
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 MushroomWig

[QUOTE="Roland123_basic"]

Khadaj32

How do you figure? It's completely optional. If they made this mandatory to force the PS3 to become more competitive with Live's service, then yes, grasping at straws. However, the fact that it is an optional service pretty much negates any kind of "Sony is grasping at straws." comments. If you don't want it, don't get it, and continue your free access to PS3 online gaming. I find it really odd that PS+ is similarly priced to Live, as well as offering the same service plus free stuff to go along with it, and it's considered as "grasping at straws." If people want more from Sony they need to learn to support it.

The irony here is that Roland is the one grasping at straws. :P
Roland123_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Roland123_basic

Khadaj32

you DONT think 50 dollars a year is obscene for the only real added feature being crossgame chat? wow... not to mention that your little rant there is terribly fanboyish. "OMG ITS NOT YOU GET EVERYTHING XBL HAS HURRRRRRR" btw grasping at straws means: " to depend on something that is useless; to make a futile attempt at something." i dont think you quite understand the meaning by what you said. sony has made an extremely futile attempt with this PSN+ business.... the value added for 50 a year is laughable. you CANNOT say "oh well you get the same features as XBL for 50 a year" becuase online was ALREADY FREE. free online play was already an offered feature, and therefore CANNOT be considered in the "what you get for 50 a year". ALL you get for 50 a year is crossgame chat and some BS promo crap like Qore. if Sony really wanted to make this a strong, worthwhile campaign they needed to have added significantly more features. PSN+ is NOT XBL. PSN+ is crossgame chat and promo goodies. XBL is online play, crossgame chat, and many other things. they are not the same thing. you are NOT paying for the same features with PSN+ as you are for XBL.
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 MushroomWig
PSN+ is NOT XBL. PSN+ is crossgame chat and promo goodies. XBL is online play, crossgame chat, and many other things. they are not the same thing. you are NOT paying for the same features with PSN+ as you are for XBL.Roland123_basic
The fact that you're doing this is amusing everyone here, not only do you have a choice to pay or not but you're not penalized if decide not to because online play will remain for free. Like he said, if you don't like it then just IGNORE IT, it's not rocket science.
inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 inggrish

[QUOTE="Khadaj32"]

Roland123_basic

you DONT think 50 dollars a year is obscene for the only real added feature being crossgame chat? wow... not to mention that your little rant there is terribly fanboyish. "OMG ITS NOT YOU GET EVERYTHING XBL HAS HURRRRRRR" btw grasping at straws means: " to depend on something that is useless; to make a futile attempt at something." i dont think you quite understand the meaning by what you said. sony has made an extremely futile attempt with this PSN+ business.... the value added for 50 a year is laughable. you CANNOT say "oh well you get the same features as XBL for 50 a year" becuase online was ALREADY FREE. free online play was already an offered feature, and therefore CANNOT be considered in the "what you get for 50 a year". ALL you get for 50 a year is crossgame chat and some BS promo crap like Qore. if Sony really wanted to make this a strong, worthwhile campaign they needed to have added significantly more features. PSN+ is NOT XBL. PSN+ is crossgame chat and promo goodies. XBL is online play, crossgame chat, and many other things. they are not the same thing. you are NOT paying for the same features with PSN+ as you are for XBL.

Dude chill. This is NOT SW forums, this is playstation 3 forums, take your XBL vs PS+ elsewhere please.

Roland123_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Roland123_basic
[QUOTE="Khadaj32"]

MushroomWig

"i dont understand what grasping at straws means.... but i want to sound witty so ill post a reply"....
hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 hxczuner
Member since 2009 • 2672 Posts
[QUOTE="Khadaj32"]

Roland123_basic

Beta invitations, automated software and firmware updates (you don't want that?!?!), free monthly games, in-store discounts, Qore, and "Plus Much More". That "plus much more" has me curious. We're definitely going to see more soon. After all, they haven't even locked down a real date yet, just "the end of the month"
Roland123_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Roland123_basic

[QUOTE="Roland123_basic"][QUOTE="Khadaj32"]

_Matt_

Dude chill. This is NOT SW forums, this is playstation 3 forums, take your XBL vs PS+ elsewhere please.

that was in response to Khadaj saying you are paying for the same thing with PSN+ as XBL.... please read before trying to enter a conversation. this discussion does not belong in system wars because nobody is debating which is better. it is a discussion on the extremely low value added by paying 50 dollars a year for PSN+, and how you cannot compare paying 50 a year for PSN+ to paying 50 a year for XBL. they are not the same thing.
Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Khadaj32

[QUOTE="Khadaj32"]

Roland123_basic

I stopped reading at the accusation that I'm a Sony fanboy. Let's get something straight so you don't look more foolish. I am no first party fanboy. I'm a Square Enix fanboy.

*continue reading*

Wow, you contradict yourself a lot.And you said I sound like a fanboy? Let's break down the facts.

PS+: Qore (worth $25. I don;t care if you don't like it, it's still worth $25.) Xgamechat. 4 free games per month. Automatic content downloads. Exclusive availablity to themes and avatars. Able to download PS3, PSN, and PSOne games for free for one hour, giving us ample time to decide whether to purchase it or not. Upon purchasing, conetnt like trophies are unlocked, and we may proceed. Access to exclusive betas. Access to exclusive demos for PS+ users only, and early demos that eventually become available to all. Automatic firmware, more stable firmware.

I'm not going to go into system wars here like you did, but the "other" offers xgamechat, and the actual ability to play online. That's it.PSN users already can play online, or they can support the company and get even more access. Like I said, it's optional. Don't like it? Don't get it. But don't bring SW into this, saying that the other is way better and can't be compared and blah, blah, blah. I don't care what you think, as you are clearly wrong, but you are entitled to your opinion.

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 MushroomWig

[QUOTE="MushroomWig"][QUOTE="Khadaj32"]

Roland123_basic

"i dont understand what grasping at straws means.... but i want to sound witty so ill post a reply"....

1. trying to find some way to succeed when nothing you choose is likely to work. Pretty much what you're doing right now.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 inggrish

[QUOTE="_Matt_"]

[QUOTE="Roland123_basic"] you DONT think 50 dollars a year is obscene for the only real added feature being crossgame chat? wow... not to mention that your little rant there is terribly fanboyish. "OMG ITS NOT YOU GET EVERYTHING XBL HAS HURRRRRRR" btw grasping at straws means: " to depend on something that is useless; to make a futile attempt at something." i dont think you quite understand the meaning by what you said. sony has made an extremely futile attempt with this PSN+ business.... the value added for 50 a year is laughable. you CANNOT say "oh well you get the same features as XBL for 50 a year" becuase online was ALREADY FREE. free online play was already an offered feature, and therefore CANNOT be considered in the "what you get for 50 a year". ALL you get for 50 a year is crossgame chat and some BS promo crap like Qore. if Sony really wanted to make this a strong, worthwhile campaign they needed to have added significantly more features. PSN+ is NOT XBL. PSN+ is crossgame chat and promo goodies. XBL is online play, crossgame chat, and many other things. they are not the same thing. you are NOT paying for the same features with PSN+ as you are for XBL.Roland123_basic

that was in response to Khadaj saying you are paying for the same thing with PSN+ as XBL.... please read before trying to enter a conversation. this discussion does not belong in system wars because nobody is debating which is better. it is a discussion on the extremely low value added by paying 50 dollars a year for PSN+, and how you cannot compare paying 50 a year for PSN+ to paying 50 a year for XBL. they are not the same thing.

It might as well be SW, you just said nobody is debating which is better, but you also say "you cannot compare paying 50 a year for PSN+ to paying 50 a year for XBL" This is found in SW, its all over SW, the main point of this topic is just to ask who is going to subscribe to PS+

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts
So I re thought the PS+ I will be getting it. I remembered how much I need the cross game chat.
inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 inggrish

So I re thought the PS+ I will be getting it. I remembered how much I need the cross game chat. GrandJury

Im guessing you got lots of friends who play on lots of different games then?

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 MushroomWig
So I re thought the PS+ I will be getting it. I remembered how much I need the cross game chat. GrandJury
http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-12218-Video-Game-Examiner~y2010m6d16-Sony-clarifies-PlayStationPlus-crossgame-chat-regionalonly-features-and-content Read that, it's hard to understand what they mean because they claim it's not part of PS+ but they're not denying that it'll be included in the next firmware. I guess time will tell. :)