What was/is your reason to get a PS3?

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 0

#51 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
[QUOTE="shroom76"]

we still get to play ff13... i dont see the big deal. plus we wont have to change discs 4 or more times. lost oddesy was 3 discs, i cant even imagine how many a final fantasy will be

AnFangs_Endes

Okay, shall I put it like this? Note, I said JRPGs, not just Final Fantasy 13.

[spoiler]

Sure, we still get to play Final Fantasy 13, who cares if it gets seriously delayed just because the PS3 version doesn't get released outside of Japan until they're done porting it to the other system?

We get Eternal Sonata. A year later than the other system got it. Understandable. At least we're getting miniscule exclusive content. Huzzah.

Star Ocean 4, which was thought to be confirmed for quite a while to be coming to the PS3 as exclusive, or even otherwise isn't even coming now. This is starting to get annoying.

Tales of Vesperia sure looks nice. Too bad it's not coming out for the PS3, even though you'd think it would be since it's doing better in the country it's being made in than the system it's actually on is doing. This is pretty annoying.

We'll get Last Remnant, even though it might not be an exclusive, we are indeed still getting it. Later than the 360 version; instead of having the same arbitrary release restrictions imposed upon it by Square Enix like they're doing with the PS3 version of Final Fantasy 13. Progressing far past simple annoyances here.

Well, we've still got White Knight Story coming out, which will stay exclusive, unlike many other games. Eventually. Sometime in the future.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII is still exclusive. Though it will more than likely be made a multiplat provided that FF13 sells well on the other system, since you can't rely on Square Enix being 'loyal' anymore without the PS2's numbers on the PS3's side. Oh, and it's nowhere near release anyways.

Kingdom Hearts 3 won't likely be a PS3 exclusive either, since, if trends with Square Enix show anything, it'll be on the Wii, or be a multiplat on the 360 and PS3. Yay.

We don't even have any good JRPGs out right now to tide us over until this drought (and I hope that's all it is; a drought) is over.

Sony even admitted they're not even working on any JRPGs at the moment to help the drought along.

[QUOTE="1Up in an interview with Sony"]Does Sony have anything in the works that might appeal to Japanese role-playing-game fans specifically?1Up writing down the response of Sony

Do we have an RPG in the works? No.

Now this is simply RAGE inducing.

Oh, and multiple discs has never bothered me when it comes to JRPGs. If it did I never would have played some of my favourite games. As I'm sure many, many, others would not have played their favourites. Need I add how many of the greatest PS1 JRPGs had multiple discs?

[/spoiler]

What a great system for JRPGs!

[QUOTE="shroom76"]

we still get to play ff13... i dont see the big deal. plus we wont have to change discs 4 or more times. lost oddesy was 3 discs, i cant even imagine how many a final fantasy will be

AnFangs_Endes

Okay, shall I put it like this? Note, I said JRPGs, not just Final Fantasy 13.

[spoiler]

Sure, we still get to play Final Fantasy 13, who cares if it gets seriously delayed just because the PS3 version doesn't get released outside of Japan until they're done porting it to the other system?

We get Eternal Sonata. A year later than the other system got it. Understandable. At least we're getting miniscule exclusive content. Huzzah.

Star Ocean 4, which was thought to be confirmed for quite a while to be coming to the PS3 as exclusive, or even otherwise isn't even coming now. This is starting to get annoying.

Tales of Vesperia sure looks nice. Too bad it's not coming out for the PS3, even though you'd think it would be since it's doing better in the country it's being made in than the system it's actually on is doing. This is pretty annoying.

We'll get Last Remnant, even though it might not be an exclusive, we are indeed still getting it. Later than the 360 version; instead of having the same arbitrary release restrictions imposed upon it by Square Enix like they're doing with the PS3 version of Final Fantasy 13. Progressing far past simple annoyances here.

Well, we've still got White Knight Story coming out, which will stay exclusive, unlike many other games. Eventually. Sometime in the future.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII is still exclusive. Though it will more than likely be made a multiplat provided that FF13 sells well on the other system, since you can't rely on Square Enix being 'loyal' anymore without the PS2's numbers on the PS3's side. Oh, and it's nowhere near release anyways.

Kingdom Hearts 3 won't likely be a PS3 exclusive either, since, if trends with Square Enix show anything, it'll be on the Wii, or be a multiplat on the 360 and PS3. Yay.

We don't even have any good JRPGs out right now to tide us over until this drought (and I hope that's all it is; a drought) is over.

Sony even admitted they're not even working on any JRPGs at the moment to help the drought along.

[QUOTE="1Up in an interview with Sony"]Does Sony have anything in the works that might appeal to Japanese role-playing-game fans specifically?1Up writing down the response of Sony

Do we have an RPG in the works? No.

Now this is simply RAGE inducing.

Oh, and multiple discs has never bothered me when it comes to JRPGs. If it did I never would have played some of my favourite games. As I'm sure many, many, others would not have played their favourites. Need I add how many of the greatest PS1 JRPGs had multiple discs?

[/spoiler]

What a great system for JRPGs!

/End of any potential debate! :lol:
Ipik_Fenris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Ipik_Fenris
Member since 2005 • 3627 Posts

1.- I went through 3 360's
2.- Exclusive Titles ( GOW 3, MGS4, LBP, GT5, Resistance, Killzone 2, Motorstorm, Warhawk, FFV XIII, etc )
3.- System reliability
4.- Free Online Service

GranReyUno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 GranReyUno
Member since 2007 • 1542 Posts

At first I was torn between getting a 36o or PS3. After doing months of research, I felt that the PS3 had a better game line up that complemented my style of playing. The 36o had some good games out but they were not my type of games. I also compared the hardware and the PS3 was clearly a better choice. This had strength my patients to wait and since the Sony PS brand been so good to me for many years it was hard not to purchase the PS3, which I am very happy with. I was never crazy about blu ray for movies but after watching a blu ray movie it is hard picking up a SD DVD over it. After looking at the line up for the rest of this year I can see that my purchase will be rewarded.

david_lck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#54 david_lck
Member since 2005 • 3211 Posts
First of all, the next gen console that i wanted to get was the wii. With games like mario galaxy, legend of zelda, metroid prime with a whole list of other cool games, i was dead set on getting the console. As i began saving up, and looking at the truly next gen console powerhouses, the ps3 and the 360, the wii seem kinda sub par. Dont get me wrong its a great console but for hardcore gamers, the console is lacking in truly great games. With more casual games cropping up for it, the appeal factor of the wii quickly sizzled. Now that i finally have the PS3, i can safely say that its the best console out there right now. With free online gaming, blu ray capabilities and the power to really create the ultimate gaming experience, i would say that its the best console that i have bought.
hxcpride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 hxcpride
Member since 2008 • 1135 Posts

its a tradition, im playstation loyal fan. :)

and one of the factor is MGS, without a doubt.

wwedx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 wwedx
Member since 2006 • 2014 Posts
i got sick of 3rod and wanted something reliable...ninjaxams
LOL
drufeous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 drufeous
Member since 2004 • 2535 Posts

i got sick of 3rod and wanted something reliable...ninjaxams

Same thing except I went through 4 RROD. Plus I love all the 1st party sony titles and games like Socom and Team Ico games.

Xjner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Xjner
Member since 2008 • 409 Posts
Because there are more games i want to play on the ps3 not to mention the built in blu-ray so ill never need to buy one if we ever make the jump to all HD.
lil_bew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 lil_bew
Member since 2008 • 73 Posts
i own a 360,wii and now a ps3 cause i was board and mgs4 came out
Garforth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Garforth
Member since 2006 • 330 Posts
Metal Gear, GT5 and the online
G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#61 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts
Lmfao even with what people called "lost" exclusives, I got a PS3 because of Sony brand. I've been with Sony for a while now and enjoyed their games the most. Plus free online I didn't want to pay for live and Sony did gain games too from the 360. Plus the PS3 is always getting better.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#62 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
I felt the PS3 was getting some top games when I decided to get one.
TheLordHimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#63 TheLordHimself
Member since 2005 • 3316 Posts

Just wanted to keep playing the Playstation franchises that I loved: God of War, Ratchet and Clank, Metal Gear Solid, Gran Turismo, Final Fantasy, Tekken...The_Pig_Hostage

You pretty much listed most of my favourite franchises! :P

My reasons precisely... plus Team Ico's eventual offering.

btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#64 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts

Have had every system Sony has made. Just had 6 360's have the RROD, so waited about 6 months after PS3 launch to get one. No problems and I buy all multiplatform games on it.

CrazyFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 CrazyFanboy
Member since 2005 • 639 Posts
Final Fantasy, LBP, socom, and better controller.
Luis018

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Luis018
Member since 2007 • 446 Posts

1. Blu-ray

2. Free online play

3. continuations of PS2 games like Ratchet and Clank, God of War and Killzone.

4. Warhawk, Uncharted, Resistance, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm, Killzone 2, Little Big Planet, Ratchet ToD, MotorStorm, Home etc. Possibly another Jak game too.

5. Low failure rate.

GeoffZak

Same here. ;)

--

SollidSnake_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#68 SollidSnake_
Member since 2008 • 2991 Posts
hm.. exclusives, great future, media center, bluray, no rrod (i have a phobia to system problems..), just being a superior machine.. and free internet..
ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#69 ghstbstr
Member since 2006 • 8790 Posts

Having free online isn't always better then paying for it like with Live.

I have a wired connection to my router and it takes about 2 hours on my PS3 for a 1gb download, and it takes between 8-10mins on my Xbox360 to download a 1gb download on my wired connection to my router.
I even tried a direct connection from my PS3 to my modem and it still takes about 2 hours on my PS3 to download a 1gb demo. Also it is the same no matter what time of day or night it is.

So it just sounds like this issue that I am having really isn't an issue at all, as it seems like you get what you get with Sony and that is why it is a free service, and the Live service through the Xbox360 it better/faster and that is why it cost money to have that service.

I haven't even played a game online yet through my PS3 so I hope that works without any issues like with downloading.

NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts
blu ray movies
Bubblehash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Bubblehash
Member since 2004 • 2914 Posts
Here http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26511012.
shikakrinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 shikakrinks
Member since 2005 • 451 Posts
metal gear, i am hoping that mgs4 will not be the last...
ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#73 ghstbstr
Member since 2006 • 8790 Posts
Here http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26511012.Bubblehash
What's your point? My topic started on 07/19 and the one you are pointing out started on 07/27. So why don't you post that on that topic.
Elviathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Elviathan
Member since 2006 • 5052 Posts
God of War, Resistance, LBP, MGS4, and Rachet! :D
jon52190

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 jon52190
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
XBOX died. I got fed up with it and bought a PS3. Best decision I've made. Now I can play online without having to pay.
aidin94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 aidin94
Member since 2008 • 44 Posts

built in wifi, and its a very powerful system if developers can use it to its full potential. AND of course.... God Of War III.

Prisoner1137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Prisoner1137
Member since 2008 • 1213 Posts
Socom Confrontation
realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8458 Posts

Hopefully in the future to get step brothers on blu ray

funniest movie i seen in a minute :lol:

FuaTokoFau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 FuaTokoFau
Member since 2007 • 175 Posts
i bought it for the games and movies. Especially because when Sony says its blu-ray capable it means it comes capable of playing blu ray movies (just slide them in) and i dont have to buy a freaking KIT to play movies.