What was your reason for getting a PSP?

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LUI360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 LUI360
Member since 2005 • 1790 Posts
What was your reason for getting a PSP? I got mine because I wanted to play portable games with amazing 3-D graphics after playing ugly-looking DS and GBA games.
tiffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 tiffie
Member since 2007 • 858 Posts
I got it so that my fiance and I could go portable gaming together.  :)  The game that pushed us over the edge into buying?  LocoRoco.  :D
megagene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 megagene
Member since 2005 • 23160 Posts
I got a PSP simply for its sheer awesomeness.
CWEBB04z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CWEBB04z
Member since 2006 • 4879 Posts
IT had Features That I loved..
fvjonj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 fvjonj
Member since 2003 • 661 Posts

The amount of time I get in front of the TV has diminished greatly since having kids. They tend to hog the TV. So, the PSP allows me to get a console experience in the form of a handheld.

DevinB9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DevinB9
Member since 2007 • 498 Posts
I bought it for portable funness. :D
Blue_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Blue_Panda
Member since 2006 • 1293 Posts

im admitting im young, and i barely make the barrier for "legally" signing up for world of warcraft, but i was like 10 or so when i got the psp. i got the ds earlier, thinking that "sony was stupid, and they dont know how to make anyhting close to a gameboy" "the graphics are gonna be like a gameboy color, and the ds is betterer" well the week or two after the psp came out, i HAD to have it. it had ONLINE!!! and 3D!!!! and ya, I NEED IT!!! so i got it, one of the first batches.

now, im gonna be honest, and i hope this isnt gonan get me banned (crosses fingers) i do stuff on my psp im not supposed to. on a sony psp forum (the official site) i found a thign about downgrading. and yes, u get the point.. yes, yes, ur getting there... uh-hu, thats it. i learned this on monday. 4 psps to date. 5 or 6 tomorrow. (my friends)

zhino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 zhino
Member since 2005 • 222 Posts
cool features ..and the best 3d graficts on a handheld ...I had a DS and i just get tired of the ugly 3D graficts ...sorry for my grammar I know it sucks! ..I just to have the DS because i always like hanhhelds but with time i get tired of ugly past-gen graffics  ...the DS have great games but is the same controls of the past gameboy ...not really that great ...the only bad think about the psp is the lack of games and the price of new games .I hope it changes in this year ...in price i am taling aboy Mexico and the UK I dont know if US get a lot cheaper than us..!! 
Avatar image for jeff16950_demon
jeff16950_demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 jeff16950_demon
Member since 2003 • 1240 Posts
i was always tempted by something that i could neither afford, or get my hands on to give it a try. I was tempted by the 'psp virginity' i had experienced, basically-ive only touched it once, and there was no games. I was sucked in by its awsome and seductive 3d graphics, and that if i looked at a person on the screen, it actually looked like a person. Pretty good when all youre stuck with is a DS, but in the end i have both. I like them both, both have their good aspects, and their bad. But yeah, the psp is one sexy piece of hardware.

Avatar image for danielsmith2020
danielsmith2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 danielsmith2020
Member since 2003 • 2244 Posts
I got a psp because I needed a mp3 player, memory stick, video player and I wanted a new handheld game system. So I had a choice of buying all of those separately or buying a psp, not that hard of a decision really for me.
damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 damann22
Member since 2004 • 7655 Posts

As for me I wanted to get a portable video player like from archos.  However I wasnt going to pay 300+ for one.  So I looked at cheaper ones and the psp stuck out.  It has the same screen measurements as most personal video players BUT IT ALSO HAS video games, internet, etc.  So I went with the psp and now have 10 games to show for it and am loving every minute of it. 

Another reason I got it was that I know of friends who got into the illegal stuff and the peer pressure got to me to get a psp for myself.  Now we ad-hoc it up all the time.  BEST 200 DOLLARS IVE EVER SPENT.

lodog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lodog
Member since 2006 • 396 Posts
I got it because I hated the DS launch titles and I wanted to trade my DS for something better. I'm happy with my psp now tekken, gta 3 , fight night, wrestling,  all are genre's that don't exist on the DS.
DeliriumGlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DeliriumGlo
Member since 2006 • 938 Posts
Honestly I’m sick of Nintendo characters that are devoid of emotion. That is a real problem for english majors. But gaming is getting too expensive for me. I don’t have $400 to drop on a XBOX 360 or $500 to drop on a PS3 much less dropping two grand on a LCD TV. I’m less avid about gaming but I still enjoy it and sometimes I really get sucked into a game. When your in college it’s hard to afford. If you’re an english major it will always be hard to afford.
Avatar image for deactivated-58405e092ba2c
deactivated-58405e092ba2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#14 deactivated-58405e092ba2c
Member since 2006 • 2381 Posts
The nice screen and things I've read about it
nexusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nexusprime
Member since 2004 • 877 Posts
I can honestly say for....any only for FF7: Crisis Core...and then all the great games plus functionality quickly erased all remaining doubt.
kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115430 Posts
i got mine because it is a awesome portable system
Avatar image for splinter_girl88
splinter_girl88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 splinter_girl88
Member since 2005 • 7687 Posts
The great 3D graphics, SC Essentials and Socom Fireteam Bravo :P
da7iid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 158

User Lists: 1

#18 da7iid
Member since 2007 • 272 Posts
cos its better than any other hand held system
Avatar image for deactivated-61f554adcef90
deactivated-61f554adcef90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#19 deactivated-61f554adcef90
Member since 2005 • 8056 Posts
I thaught it was perfect ... but now I know , since I have it ( sept 05 ) I didnt put my hand on no other console :o Its perfect for my lifestyle :D
risi37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 risi37
Member since 2005 • 4542 Posts
Because its PSP :P
Mishimotsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Mishimotsu
Member since 2007 • 31 Posts
after dreamin of a psp since its release... and when i went abroad i saw cheap consoles, but sadly could only afford a ds... i wasnt dissapointed, but i would have preferred a psp...

then i got a job and it requires commutin for 2 hours a day, and the ds was great... but i needed my holy grail... so i bought a psp 3rd paycheck into the job... best thing ever! love it! makes commutin a doddle =]
Deadly_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Deadly_B
Member since 2005 • 57 Posts
Mostly for video, but I play a fair amount of games.
Straiffi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Straiffi
Member since 2006 • 33 Posts
I bought it because I wanted something to play at school and during some boring classes. And I knew PSP had great graphics and many games I like. Now I find myself playing it more than any other console I own :P
tbone802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tbone802
Member since 2006 • 1195 Posts
I bought mine initially to occupy my time on a cross country flight, the games at the time were scarce and I almost went with a DS to save some money, and after that trip I didn't touch it for a few months.  It's been well about 18 months since then and I have 15 games that get regular rotation and 2gb full of music and pr0n, it gets more use then anything else I have except my phone, and there is no signs of it slowing down either.
telorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 telorn
Member since 2002 • 2203 Posts
I bought it because I wanted a portable gaming system while at work and a DS never appealed to me. I liked the video/music ability of the PSP, as well.
axillia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 axillia
Member since 2003 • 1104 Posts
I got it because I thought it was going to be the bomb s*** in portable gaming. It was at first. Then I got a DS and all the wonderful software on that convinced me to put the PSP away in it's box for several months. Now that there's decent software available for the PSP I may have to pick something new up. *wink wink* Ratchet & Clank.
Santas_Hitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 Santas_Hitman
Member since 2004 • 1003 Posts
I got a psp because I needed a new handheld (GBA was driving me nuts with so many terrible games, that I was pretty much stuck playing tetris all the time). Since I take the bus to school (1 - 1.5 hour ride) a handheld was a must. After careful research into both the psp and ds (and trying both systems) I decided that the psp was by far the better bet as it had way more games that caught my interest. I have never looked back since. To put it simply, the psp kicks ungodly amounts of ass.
Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Asim90
Member since 2005 • 3692 Posts
I bought it because when I first read about it I was amazed by the sheer power of the thing, with all of the capabilities etc I know this was going to be the best console out there. After owning all the nintendo consoles except the sp and ds, and owning all the sony home consoles I knew that there portable console was going to be the best out there.
spliffchillum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 spliffchillum
Member since 2006 • 738 Posts
I got a PSP simply for its sheer awesomeness.megagene
yup..I think the psp is awesome and everything I could ever want in a handheld.. it could be improved upon, but as it is, it's still a really awesome device.
mystery1932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mystery1932
Member since 2006 • 215 Posts
GTA:LCS  is the orginal reason i bought it.  now i love it for Killzone, Pac Man 3, VCS, and Pirates!
Mista_Liquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Mista_Liquid
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I bought the PSP because it was good looking both the hardware and software on screen. The widescreen was also a big thing that sucked me in. I liked the idea of watching movies on it I still haven't bought any since they cost too much. Oh and I like to own almost any game machine made unless it's so horrible I know it will fail almost immediatly. Great machine I hope to see more more great games come soon. I've been a bit dissapointed so far, but I know it will come through with the goods soon.
RodMack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 RodMack
Member since 2006 • 98 Posts
It was simply my love for the Playstation that I got the PSP. Plus I knew the graphics were great and you can do more than just play games.
amishpriest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 amishpriest
Member since 2002 • 249 Posts
I got it for the multimedia functionality.
Furbyballistik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Furbyballistik
Member since 2005 • 2056 Posts
i got it for everything i knew it was capable of, and wat i know it will soon be capable of.....i always wanted an ipod, but i didnt want to spend 200+ dollars on something that only plays musik....i later found out that the psp is capable of uploading mp3's on it...so that was a huge reason to get it for me.....im also a huge sony fan, therefore that means i love sony games...and i knew the psp would get alot of sony games on the psp, and so far it hasnt dissapointed me....i needed a sony portable device cuz i really liked to play my games on the road, but i couldnt stand the GBA anymore(i only played super mario world..and thats it) i then heard about it being capable of playin movies, and uploading video clips...so at this point, it completely blew the ipod out of the water to me! THEN i found out u can go online with it!! and play games wirelessly! ....so i knew for a fact that this thing was waaayyyyy worth its money as an ipod replacement, that plays my most favorite games, can browse the internet etc. i love everything about the psp
lilhg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lilhg
Member since 2005 • 263 Posts
bought it b/c had features i liked
Avatar image for FrenziedRaldo24
FrenziedRaldo24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 FrenziedRaldo24
Member since 2005 • 9054 Posts
I bought it just for the games (and kind of music since I didnt have an MP3 player), I use it for alot more than that now.
ootp2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ootp2003
Member since 2006 • 1828 Posts
Why did I get one um...I needed a multi media player.
MartinMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MartinMan
Member since 2005 • 1486 Posts
I bought it because I wanted the most technologically advanced portable out on the market but my other reason would have to be because I'm a loyal sony fan so I just had to get my hands on the psp. :D
eva360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 eva360
Member since 2006 • 187 Posts

Because it's a beautiful sleek portable. It has a HUGE hi-res screen. It has WORMS!!! and MGS games. I also love the Wi-Fi ability. I'm a die hard Lumines fan. I got it after I got lumines live on XBOX360. I'm a college student with time in between classes so it's a good fit.

funnymario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40 funnymario
Member since 2005 • 9122 Posts
Its just awesome :)
zeorshadow19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 zeorshadow19
Member since 2007 • 1471 Posts
I got a DS at launch and wasn't impressed with it. The PSP had come out, and I still wasn't too sure. I waited to see what was said about they're launch titles and everone had fairly positive things to say about them. I sold my DS and haven't regretted it once. The two games I'm addicted to right now are Pursuit Force and Sonic Rivals.
donovan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 donovan3
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I needed good distraction. At least I tell the gf it cost as much as her Ipod.
nijjiboi11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 nijjiboi11
Member since 2006 • 315 Posts
i got my PSP because it looked so much better than the crappy ds, the PSP is incredible i can't even put it down its wicked i am highly addicted to tekken right now and the graphics for games are just superb and multimedia is awsome
DanC1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#45 DanC1989
Member since 2004 • 50952 Posts
Grand Theft Auto :(
nevereathim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 nevereathim
Member since 2006 • 2161 Posts
At first I had the DS and the PSP choice, so then I asked my friends, and listened to them, THEY ALL SAID PSP
KriobaKeys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#47 KriobaKeys
Member since 2007 • 661 Posts
LocoRoco, Patapon, GOW Chains of Olympus and Wipeout Pure.
danny5329

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 danny5329
Member since 2005 • 954 Posts
As a shameless hardcore Metal Gear Solid fan , systems that have mgs on it will be on my list.
SlorgieNel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49 SlorgieNel
Member since 2005 • 1704 Posts
Crisis Core. :3
PA_DUTCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 PA_DUTCH
Member since 2008 • 908 Posts
It was the most exciting new technology that i had ever seen and could not wait to get one. I loved the PS1 and PS2. My brother got one first and once i saw it i knew it had to be MINE! I sold all these chogokin that i had collected over about 5 years on ebay to pay for one! I used it all the time at home and when away from home :)