What Next PS4 Graphics Will Look Like

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kevinlamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 kevinlamar
Member since 2007 • 158 Posts

I've had this theory for quite some time, but this is my first time actually saying it in a forum. Tell me what you think:

The gameplay Next Generation of Graphics usually evlove to what the last generation's "Cut Scenes" looked like.

For Example: The cut scenes in Resident Evil 2 for the PS1 looked pretty much like Dreamcast and PS2 gameplay graphics

- The Cut scenes in God of War 1 and 2 pretty much look like PS3 Gameplay Graphics. (Generally speaking; of course some game push the engine and look a lot better)

- So following this logic, I think that PS4 graphics will look like what the cut scenes look like now for PS3; which is pretty damn incredible. (GOW 3 Trailer!!!)

I guess PS4 cutscenes will look like real life people???

Let me know what you think about this

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#2 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
Heavy Rain's graphics will be on the lower end of the PS4's power. Crysis will be the standard.......and we're not allowed to speak of the PS4's "Uncharted" or "MGS4" in terms of graphics.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 avataraang1
Member since 2006 • 5436 Posts
I dont know really good or something?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 avataraang1
Member since 2006 • 5436 Posts
Only baby jesus knows.snwboardn08
With his golden fleece diapers
snwboardn08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 snwboardn08
Member since 2006 • 979 Posts

[QUOTE="snwboardn08"]Only baby jesus knows.avataraang1
With his golden fleece diapers

:lol:

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts
i have a feeling that the jump in graphics wount be as big as has been sony has taken a beating because of the ps3's high price while the Wii has sold threw the roof. I dont think sony is going to make the same mistake next gen.Not saying there wont be improvments just i dout we will see such high end tech for the time.
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts
i hear sony will recycle the cell for PS4.
pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 pyromaniac223
Member since 2008 • 5896 Posts
By that time, the PC will have stuffed reality into a hard drive.
Fact.
THE_BRUTALIZER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 THE_BRUTALIZER
Member since 2008 • 3488 Posts

The next generation might as well be known as the "Sony Renaissance" because Microsoft hasnt shown much improvement, but sony is rising like a helium baloon with a fan underneath. damn that was weird

but seriously, think about it.....sony really set the bar for gaming and graphics, and if the next gen is 2-3 years away, and we havent even used the blu-ray to its full extent......gaming will once again become a lifestyle like the pacman days

Devourment423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Devourment423
Member since 2005 • 2163 Posts
I'd say it will look close to what high end PCs can do now.
Timmeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Timmeus
Member since 2007 • 1136 Posts

Most of the cut-scenes in games are render using the game engine now so they are the same quality as in game so you theory doesn't really work for the PS3.

I don't think graphics will improve much from now because the cost and time required is very high, I think we'll see more things like physics and things like Euphoria being used and more creative ways to make games more immersive.

Avatar image for Twoleggedpirate
Twoleggedpirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Twoleggedpirate
Member since 2008 • 205 Posts
As good as me
THE_BRUTALIZER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 THE_BRUTALIZER
Member since 2008 • 3488 Posts

Most of the cut-scenes in games are render using the game engine now so they are the same quality as in game so you theory doesn't really work for the PS3.

I don't think graphics will improve much from now because the cost and time required is very high, I think we'll see more things like physics and things like Euphoria being used and more creative ways to make games more immersive.

Timmeus

Yeah and in games the cutscenes have MUCH better animation and all the closeups and intense lighting that just make it that much better. In game, however, the moves appear a little surreal when you tap the analog stick, and that is what sony has to overcome to enter the next generation.

Avatar image for Meko_Gear_Solid
Meko_Gear_Solid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Meko_Gear_Solid
Member since 2008 • 583 Posts

i have a feeling that the jump in graphics wount be as big as has been sony has taken a beating because of the ps3's high price while the Wii has sold threw the roof. I dont think sony is going to make the same mistake next gen.Not saying there wont be improvments just i dout we will see such high end tech for the time. Wild_Card

i was thinking basically the same but more on the lines how video games is a buisness and the path nintendo went allowed for a huge profit where as sony put every dollar they made with ps2 developing ps3.. and still have yet to make much money.. but also ps3s power is still barely tapped and i believe as the power is revealed momentum will push ps3 over its compeditors like it should have on launch but the enitial confusion with the not so talented developers and bluray which prevented the success they deserved but also its very evident that sony already and for some time had most of ps4s main selling features secret and safe but also considering how powerful ps3 is with its vastly untapped power people wont be happy with ps4 unless u can like see dandruf with unparalleled realism but i know ps4 will mostly be about something very different than graphics i heard in an interview with i believe phil harrison shortly after launch before jack trettons time but i assure you man.. ps3 is just gettin started!

Afro_Samurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Afro_Samurai
Member since 2005 • 603 Posts

I've had this theory for quite some time, but this is my first time actually saying it in a forum. Tell me what you think:

The gameplay Next Generation of Graphics usually evlove to what the last generation's "Cut Scenes" looked like.

For Example: The cut scenes in Resident Evil 2 for the PS1 looked pretty much like Dreamcast and PS2 gameplay graphics

- The Cut scenes in God of War 1 and 2 pretty much look like PS3 Gameplay Graphics. (Generally speaking; of course some game push the engine and look a lot better)

- So following this logic, I think that PS4 graphics will look like what the cut scenes look like now for PS3; which is pretty damn incredible. (GOW 3 Trailer!!!)

kevinlamar

I must say that I agree with you 100%. Although I never bothered to make a forum post out of this subject I arrived at the same conclusion around the release of Final Fantasy X. I guess I didn't think about it too long because I thought to myself "No way that's what PS3 is going to look like". Here's the PS3 and, whaddyaknow, the PS3 on almost the low end of graphic processing power seem to equal PS2's graphic processing power on the high end!! Fancy that. I think your theory is correct.

danjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 danjammer69
Member since 2004 • 4331 Posts

I really do not think that the PS4 will come as early as 3-4 years from now.

It kind of bothers me to talk about it, to be honest. I have had my PS3 since launch and have supported it faithfully. I would be very P.O'd if they decided to release a new system this early in the game. This of course would result in a re-allocation of resources from the PS3 to the new unit.

It is to early to be talking about this (My opinion of course).

pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 pyromaniac223
Member since 2008 • 5896 Posts

[QUOTE="Wild_Card"]i have a feeling that the jump in graphics wount be as big as has been sony has taken a beating because of the ps3's high price while the Wii has sold threw the roof. I dont think sony is going to make the same mistake next gen.Not saying there wont be improvments just i dout we will see such high end tech for the time. Meko_Gear_Solid

i was thinking basically the same but more on the lines how video games is a buisness and the path nintendo went allowed for a huge profit where as sony put every dollar they made with ps2 developing ps3.. and still have yet to make much money.. but also ps3s power is still barely tapped and i believe as the power is revealed momentum will push ps3 over its compeditors like it should have on launch but the enitial confusion with the not so talented developers and bluray which prevented the success they deserved but also its very evident that sony already and for some time had most of ps4s main selling features secret and safe but also considering how powerful ps3 is with its vastly untapped power people wont be happy with ps4 unless u can like see dandruf with unparalleled realism but i know ps4 will mostly be about something very different than graphics i heard in an interview with i believe phil harrison shortly after launch before jack trettons time but i assure you man.. ps3 is just gettin started!

PS3 has about 3-4 years left. Just like every other console. When MS rolls out a new box, Sony has to respond, because that new box is going to be WAY ahead of the PS3.
Brainhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Brainhunter
Member since 2003 • 2201 Posts

Aside from a graphical update, I expect next-gen to implement greater draw distances (Crysis draw distance standardized), physics-heavy gameplay (breakable environment), photorealism (vegetation, skin pores, etc.) and finally, realistic animations (objects, people, AIs realistically interact with their environment with no blocky or ackward motion).

In a sense, next-gen will be more about realism than about FullHD 1080p graphics with 2GB textures.

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#21 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts
what ever thay do i hope thay make a better controler. its hard playing resistence with the ps3 pad after playing metriod prime 3 with the Wii mote lol.
laptop12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 laptop12
Member since 2007 • 638 Posts
CRYENGINE 3 in all game, from platfrom to powerful action
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

kevinlamar

The only problem is this is that to make it as realistic as possible, they would need to use real-time interactions; some kind of incredibly advanced A.I.

It's either that or a helluvalot of animations.

danjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 danjammer69
Member since 2004 • 4331 Posts

what ever thay do i hope thay make a better controler. its hard playing resistence with the ps3 pad after playing metriod prime 3 with the Wii mote lol. Wild_Card

The DS3 is about as perfect as it gets man. You just need to get that Wiimote out of your blood.

SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SonyMarksman70
Member since 2008 • 1628 Posts

[QUOTE="Wild_Card"]what ever thay do i hope thay make a better controler. its hard playing resistence with the ps3 pad after playing metriod prime 3 with the Wii mote lol. danjammer69

The DS3 is about as perfect as it gets man. You just need to get that Wiimote out of your blood.

Or taking nanomachines will increase your sixaxis performance :D Costs 20, 000 DP for a day's worth of shots.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#26 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

ps3 is close to what high end pcs do now lol,

but in a nutshell , i dont think ps4 will be around until the 10 years that sony and microsoft are pulling now so ,, we will have a long wait til ps4 x720 the only possible new console would be wii 2, its already in development,

already confirmed to be , by the time ps4 is ready wii 3 or what ever should be out ,right at the same time, going by wii and ps3 being out in the same year, wiii 2 will have ran its 5 yr life cycle, x720 will be a year ahead of n7 what ever that brings,

AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AgentH
Member since 2004 • 4636 Posts

I'd say it will look close to what high end PCs can do now.Devourment423

Try harder my friend.

franky_babylon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 franky_babylon
Member since 2008 • 1117 Posts

ps3 is close to what high end pcs do now lol,

but in a nutshell , i dont think ps4 will be around until the 10 years that sony and microsoft are pulling now so ,, we will have a long wait til ps4 x720 the only possible new console would be wii 2, its already in development,

already confirmed to be , by the time ps4 is ready wii 3 or what ever should be out ,right at the same time, going by wii and ps3 being out in the same year, wiii 2 will have ran its 5 yr life cycle, x720 will be a year ahead of n7 what ever that brings,

mariokart64fan
Sorry to break it to you the new Xbox will drop 2010-2011 and I have already mentioned some specs but this a PS3 forum, so expect Sony to drop 2011-2012. On another note the reason 360 has 512 instead of 256 is because Cliffy B and Epic saying they needed at least that for Gears to look and run the way it does. This has told MS that he wants 2gigs in the new 1, so I see Sony following suit. I dont real life graphics if we can get to Pixar or FFAdvent children level thats good enough
somesthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 somesthetic
Member since 2004 • 3344 Posts

I picture it like this:

lots of tacos.

HeroKen-ii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 HeroKen-ii
Member since 2008 • 458 Posts
graphics will get so good that it will look like people.......or will be people.....
Everiez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Everiez
Member since 2006 • 1946 Posts

Yes, all of your game-close-to-reality dream here will drive game developer + graphic designer nuts.They worked like hell with incentive promise.Game nowadays took much time to develop than previous. More and more developer will quit, in the end only left big a** company like EA, Ubisoft, Activision-Blizzard, etc.

So if all goes closer to reality then all games might as well become generaly same each other because it goes toward same reality, same development kits, same company, etc.

I felt gaming this generation aren't much like old days, same mechanism + real physic (which is pain in the a** to develop) and intensive graphics.

Well hopefully future gaming won't be like this but even if it's so i'm prepared because everything has beginning and end.

Cmon there are still more creative ppl out there so don't worry. /jk

GRECS85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GRECS85
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Honestly there are hardly and FMA cutscenes in ps3 games nowadays so i dont think you can really say ps4 graphics are going to be like ps3 cutscenes and like uncharted i heard it only used about 30% of the ps3's cell power so imagine 100% and for ps4 i dont even want to think about how the graphics are going to look i doubt itll be a huge leap i think they will focus more on cpu usage like physics, framerate, AI etc.....
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

kevinlamar

That's how it's always been. It's just higher polygon count and physics. But consoles will never be as good as CG. Especially the movie kind. They require a lot more power. That's why we see a lot more cutscenes using the actual game engine and not a CG generated video file. Dreamcast started doing that. "PS4" will not have "real life people". They would have a more life like face, textures and lighting though. I think some thing that the next system could offer would be bigger worlds, better environments that are fully interactive and destructible.

soulreaper-4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 soulreaper-4
Member since 2007 • 2247 Posts
[QUOTE="Meko_Gear_Solid"]

[QUOTE="Wild_Card"]i have a feeling that the jump in graphics wount be as big as has been sony has taken a beating because of the ps3's high price while the Wii has sold threw the roof. I dont think sony is going to make the same mistake next gen.Not saying there wont be improvments just i dout we will see such high end tech for the time. pyromaniac223

PS3 has about 3-4 years left. Just like every other console. When MS rolls out a new box, Sony has to respond, because that new box is going to be WAY ahead of the PS3.

Launching a new MS console so early will be the the end of them in the console market, doing that will result in the Dreamcast of the future. The PS1 lasted longer than the N64 and the PS2 is still on the market after 8 years almost 9. And why it's till in the market? because of the games it have. You seems to be a PC fanatic and you think that graphics are everything and what make a game fun.

soulreaper-4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 soulreaper-4
Member since 2007 • 2247 Posts
[QUOTE="kevinlamar"]

Denji

That's how it's always been. It's just higher polygon count and physics. But consoles will never be as good as CG. Especially the movie kind. They require a lot more power. That's why we see a lot more cutscenes using the actual game engine and not a CG generated video file. Dreamcast started doing that. "PS4" will not have "real life people". They would have a more life like face, textures and lighting though. I think some thing that the next system could offer would be bigger worlds, better environments that are fully interactive and destructible.

That's what i think too.
taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#36 taplok
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts
A Playstation is always beter than its predecessor... it's just keeps on getting better and better...
ShadowBass989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 ShadowBass989
Member since 2004 • 1734 Posts
[QUOTE="pyromaniac223"][QUOTE="Meko_Gear_Solid"]

i have a feeling that the jump in graphics wount be as big as has been sony has taken a beating because of the ps3's high price while the Wii has sold threw the roof. I dont think sony is going to make the same mistake next gen.Not saying there wont be improvments just i dout we will see such high end tech for the time. Wild_Card

sony has already said that they r not going to come out with a new system to compete with the "xbox 720". they r going to at least squeeze 8 years out of it i believe. the ps3 was made so that while microsoft needs to put out a new system, the ps3 will b really combfortable with developers and they wont need to put out a new system. my opinion.
ShadowBass989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ShadowBass989
Member since 2004 • 1734 Posts
Honestly there are hardly and FMA cutscenes in ps3 games nowadays so i dont think you can really say ps4 graphics are going to be like ps3 cutscenes and like uncharted i heard it only used about 30% of the ps3's cell power so imagine 100% and for ps4 i dont even want to think about how the graphics are going to look i doubt itll be a huge leap i think they will focus more on cpu usage like physics, framerate, AI etc..... GRECS85
but what if the ps4 graphics r as good as cut scenes on the ps3. i can hear the advertisment now... "why live life. why go outside and enjoy the beauty of life. Get a ps4, and live life on your tv."
Hoon252

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Hoon252
Member since 2005 • 48 Posts
The graphics are probably going to be eye blisteringly good, and probably some sort of motion control like the wii
cheezy909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#40 cheezy909
Member since 2006 • 1103 Posts
I dont know really good or something?avataraang1
haha u go in2 so much detail
CJ37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 CJ37
Member since 2008 • 202 Posts

Actually the PS4 will be a direct link to your mind just like the Matrix. (Surgery not included with purchase of PS4)

spencer_119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 spencer_119
Member since 2004 • 1027 Posts

photorealistic

Lobster_Ear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Lobster_Ear
Member since 2005 • 5428 Posts
Most PS3 games use in-game cutscenes now so your theory is severely flawed
jjtiebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#44 jjtiebuckle
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts
I just want to know when will Playstation looks like Advent Children? By that time the cutscenes in a FF 7 remake should be considered a miracle...
pc4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 pc4ever
Member since 2004 • 44 Posts
Yeah it could happen,and everyone will complain about how too expensive the next platform IE: PS4 or Xbox720.It won't be cheap people, you want great graphics and all the bells and whistles be perpared to pay.....$
Avatar image for metalgear-solid
metalgear-solid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#46 metalgear-solid
Member since 2004 • 7001 Posts
More like Wii kind of graphics. That seems to be the way to go these days.
nikgamma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 nikgamma
Member since 2008 • 392 Posts
I honestly dont see how they can make a game console any better than the ps3. If they do find a way then they should just make an update for the ps3.
kk_agfstyrer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 kk_agfstyrer
Member since 2004 • 1476 Posts

Smell-o-vision?
Play MGS4 for too long and your room will smell like old man

bsman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 bsman00
Member since 2008 • 6038 Posts

For Example:The cut scenes in Resident Evil 2 for the PS1 looked pretty much like Dreamcast and PS2 gameplay graphics

kevinlamar

Dude we haven't even maxed out the potential of the ps3 why are you talkin bout the ps4 its obvious it gonna be more bad ass.

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#50 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
I honestly dont see how they can make a game console any better than the ps3. If they do find a way then they should just make an update for the ps3.nikgamma
Think about it Aigis, don't be silly. :P Hmm.....references to a hardcore game isn't the smartest thing to do here. :P But really, I can see A LOT of things they could do better.