What is better PC or PS3

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FireFalkon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 FireFalkon
Member since 2004 • 866 Posts

Why can't a person like both, I'm currently building a computer for over 2000.00 mostly because I want to play the games that come out on PC. Also since I have a degree in computer repair I like building stuff :D. But really people lighten up and just accept the fact that some people like to play games on their PC's which offers experiences that consoles can't give, and some people like consoles which gives experiences that PC's can't give.TelcharXI

Right now the only "experiences" PCs have that consoles don't are Strategy and Simulation games.

CyberGirl20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 CyberGirl20
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I play on both, but I'm having more fun on the PS3 than the PC at the moment.

It's fun to just play without worrying about your settings or hardware.

TelcharXI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 TelcharXI
Member since 2006 • 1189 Posts

[QUOTE="TelcharXI"]Why can't a person like both, I'm currently building a computer for over 2000.00 mostly because I want to play the games that come out on PC. Also since I have a degree in computer repair I like building stuff :D. But really people lighten up and just accept the fact that some people like to play games on their PC's which offers experiences that consoles can't give, and some people like consoles which gives experiences that PC's can't give.FireFalkon

Right now the only "experiences" PCs have that consoles don't are Strategy and Simulation games.

See, also I would like to point out the ability to mod .dat files in games. My point still stands, instead of debating which one is better (a debate by the way that has gone on for years with no real winner) why don't we just enjoy what we have and not bash what other people like. Each one has its pluses and minuses, and if you like gaming on both a PC and a gaming console, well then good for you because you get to enjoy both ends of the proverbial spectrum.

FireFalkon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 FireFalkon
Member since 2004 • 866 Posts

See, also I would like to point out the ability to mod .dat files in games. My point still stands, instead of debating which one is better (a debate by the way that has gone on for years with no real winner) why don't we just enjoy what we have and not bash what other people like. Each one has its pluses and minuses, and if you like gaming on both a PC and a gaming console, well then good for you because you get to enjoy both ends of the proverbial spectrum.

TelcharXI

I've forgot about that O.o, but it's not everyone that has the patience to make mods.

I would say that being able to play other people's mods is the best feature of pc games, one that is now being implemented in the ps3.

TelcharXI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 TelcharXI
Member since 2006 • 1189 Posts
[QUOTE="TelcharXI"]

FireFalkon

I've forgot about that O.o, but it's not everyone that has the patience to make mods.

I would say that being able to play other people's mods is the best feature of pc games, one that is now being implemented in the ps3.

I agree, I suck at programming and don't have the patience to make mods, but a lot of people do, many patches made to the games of morrowind and oblivion were made by the mod community and many of them are well done as a lot fixed problems, etc, etc. So I'm sure we can agree that it is all a matter of preference, no?

Xshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#56 Xshinobi
Member since 2003 • 3011 Posts

Are you people mental? A PC can do anything a console can and at a high resolution and with anti-aliasing. It is like everyone forgets that a controller can be plugged into a PC, a HDTV can be used as a monitor and a surround system used for for audio. And what is a console but a 2 year old dumbed down pc. Please tell me what does SCEA stand for? Sony COMPUTER Entertainment America. This stereotype that PCs can only play RTS games needs to stop. Tomb Raider Anniversary looks 10x better on the pc than on the ps2 and with a controller it plays just as good or better. Games like Bioshock, Oblivion, Fable etc... looks and plays way better on a PC and Games like Crysis shows just how feeble a console can be.

Playing on a PC gives me so many options. I can sit on my couch if I wish and use my HDTV as a monitor, I can use a KB and mouse or a controller if I wish. I can change the settings to my liking. On a console I can change the brightness big WOOT. And with the use of mods I can give my games infinite replay value. So please stop talking about the PC like it is some relic of the past.

judas-savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#57 judas-savior
Member since 2005 • 417 Posts

Are you people mental? A PC can do anything a console can and at a high resolution and with anti-aliasing. It is like everyone forgets that a controller can be plugged into a PC, a HDTV can be used as a monitor and a surround system used for for audio. And what is a console but a 2 year old dumbed down pc. Please tell me what does SCEA stand for? Sony COMPUTER Entertainment America. This stereotype that PCs can only play RTS games needs to stop. Tomb Raider Anniversary looks 10x better on the pc than on the ps2 and with a controller it plays just as good or better. Games like Bioshock, Oblivion, Fable etc... looks and plays way better on a PC and Games like Crysis shows just how feeble a console can be.

Playing on a PC gives me so many options. I can sit on my couch if I wish and use my HDTV as a monitor, I can use a KB and mouse or a controller if I wish. I can change the settings to my liking. On a console I can change the brightness big WOOT. And with the use of mods I can give my games infinite replay value. So please stop talking about the PC like it is some relic of the past.

anime-2k3

I never argued the point that a PS3 was better, I was merely stating that console developed RPG's, ie. publishers working with consoles opposed to RPG's are making better "RPG" Games.

In all honesty now days people are treating PC's like consoles and consoles like PC's.. who cares which one looks better..I prefer consoles simply because I pay for one piece of hardware and it has a consistant game flow without having to upgrade for years, they utalize the current technology without racing ahead with technology they learn the hardware and how to produce for it.. PC's are to much maintenance and hastle sometimes and I would rather stick with the simplicity of consoles and only use my high end PC for exlusives such as Crysis, Spore etc...

PC's are great but to me id rather stick with consoles for the time being and leave the PC for the other high end stuff I use it for.. I know a PC can do anything a console can but its just not me and its my preference and my choice.. they are almost in two separate gaming worlds and two separate types of gamers.. Not everyone can connect a pc to a HDTV nor a surround sound etc. I could but I chose not too.. but the fact is consoles will always be popular because not everyone are tech wiz's like myself or yourselves.. and that is why a majorty of publishers will stick with consoles instead of making PC exclusives as PC gaming is not as bigger market any longer..

In conclusion PC's are great but im sticking with consoles as there simplistic and do not require you to constantly update, I can't name how many friends who always complain how they have to upgrade thier PC to play a game I could just put in my console.. like are you going to play bishock?.. Not yet as I need to update my PC etc.. it just plain sucks as the PC games market do not care about the average gamer.. not my problem as im preped with a PC to handle it all but thats why they lose out and the console world will continue to win. so technically consoles are better than PC's due to the market and the consumers.. but yes physically in reality a PC could do anything a console can so it is the better hardware choice if you plan to stick with it and for some people thats they best way you could possibly go..

So pick which market you belong in and the one you enjoy to be in more so..

I thouroughly plan to enjoy the next year of console gaming as consoles have the titles i want and PC does not.. I will most certainly dabble in the few PC exclusives but apart from that consoles all the way because they are the ones who give a damn about thier consumers and the bigger gaming community.

So definately a matter of choice =) .. Good arguments from both sides despite my rather biased opinon on RPG's but other than that good points from both sides and I agree with most of them

TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#58 TriangleHard
Member since 2005 • 9097 Posts

anime-2k3

You talk as if PC has all the console games that comes out.

There are many people like me who prefer console games. If you play them they feel quite different. Like DMC series, Final Fantasy series, Dragon Quest series etc.

I don't care what kind of great PC they give me, I wouldn't trade it with my PS3 because my PS3 will be getting MGS4 and Final Fantasy XIII. I couldn't care less about Crysis and other PC games.

Liking console or PC, it is simply just matter of preference.

imafreshman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 imafreshman
Member since 2004 • 221 Posts
Pc> everything
UTXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60 UTXII
Member since 2007 • 3448 Posts

The PC has more power, and you can upgrade it as well. I'd say....PC

gp19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61 gp19
Member since 2005 • 4252 Posts

Consoles are a cheaper alternative to gaming, consider it a gaming only computer.

Now, PCs are expensive, need constant upgrading for latest games. On the other hand, I find it more confortable to aim with a mouse, and more organized to play RPGs. Now for action/adventure games such as Ninja Gaiden Sigma, it will be quite difficult to play with a keyboard and mouse, so you'll probably end up getting a controller for the pc.

My personal preference is consoles, because it's cheaper and I know I wont have to upgrade for any coming games. What I would change is compatibility with mouse and keyboard for consoles.

Zuperflee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Zuperflee
Member since 2005 • 236 Posts
My PlayStation 3 is much better than my PC.
ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 ianuilliam
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

The PC has more power, and you can upgrade it as well. I'd say....PC

UTXII

PC has more power, but also uses more system resources for the OS and background applications, especially with Vista. And it's not that you CAN upgrade your PC; it's that you HAVE to upgrade it. Often. You may can get a gaming rig together for 800-1000, but it won't be able to run the newest games for long, or at least run them at highest graphic settings. And if you aren't running them at highest settings, your blowing the whole point of your PC is more powerful arguement, because it will not look as good as a console. Have you tried running a game that you just meet the min reqs for? Laggy, choppy, no detail in the textures. Things like shadows and bulletholes are non-existent. There used to be games I preferred on PC. Flight sims were always better, but motion sensitive controllers may be about to change that. FPS were better, as well as games where you had to input text, but keyboard and mouse works on consoles too, and soon to be K+M support in shooters by Epic. What can a 600$ computer do better than a PS3? Compare that to what can a PS3 do that a 600$ PC can't, or won't be able to within 6 months, or a year, or 4 or 5 years, which seems to be about the average life cycle of a console.

Edit: Something of interest to note, since PC's are so much more powerful than console. Check out the cpu stats in Folding at Home. 172,000 active PCs computing 165 teraflops. 34,000 active PS3s computing 622 teraflops.

Absynthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Absynthetic
Member since 2004 • 1897 Posts

get both

theres a promo right now from MDG canada if you buy a pc they give away a 60gb ps3 for free

they have pcs as low as $575