What is better PC or PS3

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ghostriderx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ghostriderx
Member since 2007 • 87 Posts

What is better PC or PS3?

Avatar image for kingtahktahkhuk
kingtahktahkhuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 kingtahktahkhuk
Member since 2004 • 2142 Posts
gaming pc > all
WildTurkey00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 WildTurkey00
Member since 2005 • 4067 Posts
It's a matter of preference.
brendandick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

#4 brendandick
Member since 2004 • 3338 Posts
It's a matter of preference.WildTurkey00
Hardly.
KapG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 KapG
Member since 2007 • 1037 Posts
for FPS..which seems to be the game of choice for consoles right now. I would have to say PC > PS3
Ultra-Alue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ultra-Alue
Member since 2006 • 1111 Posts

When it comes to overall power.

PC.

zehoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 zehoo
Member since 2004 • 75 Posts
it really depends upon the game, although for a lot of things the pc is better, it's hard to get decent rpg's etc on the pc
Avatar image for kingtahktahkhuk
kingtahktahkhuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kingtahktahkhuk
Member since 2004 • 2142 Posts

it really depends upon the game, although for a lot of things the pc is better, it's hard to get decent rpg's etc on the pczehoo

are you kidding me?

pandadude01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 pandadude01
Member since 2004 • 2084 Posts

it really depends upon the game, although for a lot of things the pc is better, it's hard to get decent rpg's etc on the pczehoo

lol, what about Wow, possibly the most popular game around right now?

WildTurkey00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 WildTurkey00

[QUOTE="WildTurkey00"]It's a matter of preference.brendandick
Hardly.

How?

HaloFire111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 HaloFire111
Member since 2005 • 425 Posts

[QUOTE="brendandick"][QUOTE="WildTurkey00"]It's a matter of preference.WildTurkey00

Hardly.

How?

Because everything, from games to graphics, physics to A.I and brutal power is better on the Pc.

WildTurkey00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 WildTurkey00
[QUOTE="WildTurkey00"]

[QUOTE="brendandick"][QUOTE="WildTurkey00"]It's a matter of preference.HaloFire111

Hardly.

How?

Because everything, from games to graphics, physics to A.I and brutal power is better on the Pc.

Wow. Really !!! . . . . :roll:

But don't you think personal preference is a factor for a person who is trying to decide which is the best system for them to play games on?

PC gaming isn't for everybody.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
To be fair consoles are better cuz consoles can play any type of games.... to be even fairer PS3 will be better.
Burmercia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 Burmercia
Member since 2005 • 2855 Posts

ive always been a PS fan, but i do agree that FPS's are better played on pc for obvious reasons

But other games ie Racing games(GT), RPG(final fantasy), Metal Gear Sold type games...they are MUCH more suited for playstation or consoles for that matter - and there is no way that any gamer with an objective view can deny that!

da1bu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 da1bu
Member since 2007 • 89 Posts

Wow is a MMORPG and i'm not a fan.

I prefer the PS3 (consoles) to the PC for a number of reasons. Firstly, PC games require high end powerful PC's with high specs which is very expensive, as for consoles, you buy the piece of hardware which is garenteed to run the software designed for the PS3. You can build a gaming PC which can prove cheaper but not many people do.

PC requires you to install the game, input serials, go through security issues, install patches, audio devices, automatic updates, configure controls without even beginning playing the game itself whereas on a console you can put in the disk and start playing instantly.

FPS/Simulation/Strategy/MMORPG games are more suited on PC's mouse and keyboard. Everything else is better for a consoles joypad. Games feel more comfortable on a joypad and the controls are made a lot easier compared to a standard PC Game.

Can't be bothered going on, i would go for the PS3 overall..

bunchofpixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bunchofpixels
Member since 2003 • 7049 Posts
[QUOTE="WildTurkey00"]

[QUOTE="brendandick"][QUOTE="WildTurkey00"]It's a matter of preference.HaloFire111

Hardly.

How?

Again its a matter of preference. I haven't seen a game on the PC come out in the past 3 years that I have been interested in. Keyboard and mouse is preferable to a game-pad in FPS and RTS so Ill give you that.

Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Krigon
Member since 2005 • 5591 Posts
My Ps3 is better then my PC atm.
tgschmidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tgschmidt
Member since 2004 • 3167 Posts
[QUOTE="WildTurkey00"]

Hardly.

How?

so? i'll give up some of that to be able to sit on my couch with a bottle of jack and play games on a 50 inch screen with surround sound anyday. just because a pc is more powerful doesn't mean someone's personal preference can't be a console.
t3ss3ract

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 t3ss3ract
Member since 2005 • 518 Posts
Well with the PS3 you have a bigger screen, surround sound, HD movie and game player, and motion sensing (and soon rumble with your controller!). PCs will always have better graphics but are much more expensive.
Xshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Xshinobi
Member since 2003 • 3011 Posts

[QUOTE="zehoo"]it really depends upon the game, although for a lot of things the pc is better, it's hard to get decent rpg's etc on the pckingtahktahkhuk

are you kidding me?

I guess he is talking about those crappy JRPGs. No way in hell can he talking about Neverwinter Nights, Elder Scrolls, Baldur's Gate, Fallout etc...

guyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 guyhunter
Member since 2004 • 3691 Posts
What is better PC or PS3?ghostriderx

Consoles for games, Apple Mac for everything else!
elfboy69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 elfboy69
Member since 2005 • 277 Posts

PC is way better than any console.you see the consoles are made form low to mid range PC parts.with out the PC and the hard work that gose into developing newer and faster PC hardware there would be no console.

Also just about any Mid range PC will owne a PS3 or XBOX 360.I can play games at higher res than a PS3 or 360 could ever dream of with fram rates in the 50-70FPS where as a PS3 or 360 can only play at a max of 1080P/I at about 30FPS.

MY RIG

Athlon x2 4200+ oced to 3.1GHz,2GIGs of DDR2 800 ram OCed to 1074MHz,8800GTS 320MB OCed to 600MHz/2010MHz,2 160GIG HDDs in RAID 0,X-Fi soundbaster.3d mark 06 score of 10237.

And my rig only cost 850$ ,more that twice the power of the PS3 for only 250$ more.

ballasteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 ballasteve
Member since 2007 • 461 Posts

I prefer the PS3 (consoles) to the PC for a number of reasons. Firstly, PC games require high end powerful PC's with high specs which is very expensive, as for consoles, you buy the piece of hardware which is garenteed to run the software designed for the PS3. You can build a gaming PC which can prove cheaper but not many people do.

PC requires you to install the game, input serials, go through security issues, install patches, audio devices, automatic updates, configure controls without even beginning playing the game itself whereas on a console you can put in the disk and start playing instantly.

FPS/Simulation/Strategy/MMORPG games are more suited on PC's mouse and keyboard. Everything else is better for a consoles joypad. Games feel more comfortable on a joypad and the controls are made a lot easier compared to a standard PC Game.

da1bu

the only type of game where you actually HAVE to do all that stuff is an MMORPG. every other game for pc, you just install and can start playing.

Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Krigon
Member since 2005 • 5591 Posts
[QUOTE="da1bu"]

ballasteve

the only type of game where you actually HAVE to do all that stuff is an MMORPG. every other game for pc, you just install and can start playing.

That's BS, there are lot of games that require you to install other components for the game to run. Though i don't consider that something that would be negative, maybe its because i never thought it to be complicated.

septicfrotteur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 septicfrotteur
Member since 2007 • 81 Posts

What is better PC or PS3?ghostriderx

I use my PC for work.

I use my PS3 for play.

It's simple and it works well.

MaximumD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#27 MaximumD
Member since 2007 • 1506 Posts
why is this here? Shouldn't this stuff be at System Wars?
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Dogswithguns
[QUOTE="ghostriderx"]What is better PC or PS3?guyhunter

Consoles for games, Apple Mac for everything else!

Yeah, youve said it. right on.
setyono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 setyono
Member since 2006 • 672 Posts
Gaming? Consoles. Pr0ns and pirated games? PC.
judas-savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#30 judas-savior
Member since 2005 • 417 Posts
[QUOTE="ghostriderx"]

What is better PC or PS3?septicfrotteur

I use my PC for work.

I use my PS3 for play.

It's simple and it works well.

Totally Agree... PC's for me are for everything and anything other than games.. =)

judas-savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 judas-savior
[QUOTE="kingtahktahkhuk"]

[QUOTE="zehoo"]it really depends upon the game, although for a lot of things the pc is better, it's hard to get decent rpg's etc on the pcanime-2k3

are you kidding me?

I guess he is talking about those crappy JRPGs. No way in hell can he talking about Neverwinter Nights, Elder Scrolls, Baldur's Gate, Fallout etc...

LOL, before you bash JRPG's.. think about what you just said.. like omg never winder nights and baulders gate, whilst good in there days but in comparism to console rpgs..... point n click rpgs for the loose.. And both the elder scrolls and fallout series have come to consoles so before speaking rubbiush take a step back and think about a just a small amount of good RPG's out on consoles and coming out...

- Final Fantasy Series
- KOTOR Series
- Kingdom Hearts Series
- Fable Series
- Jade Empire
- Lost Odyssey
- Mass Effect
- Zelda Series
- Blue Dragon
- Eternal Sonata
- Dragon Quest Series
- Star Ocean Series

ETC. ETC. ETC. I could just keep on going...

Don't even start the PC vs. Console RPG argument.. Keep your point and click games and killing demons with dice and i'll take the best the genre has to offer, Consoles are hands down winners in that department.. screw playing a 40 hour game on a pc with a keyboard and mouse.... RPGs on consoles FTW =)

blitzinger123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 blitzinger123
Member since 2005 • 2370 Posts

[QUOTE="WildTurkey00"]It's a matter of preference.brendandick
Hardly.

what? The guy is right, it is a matter of preference. Do you prefer to have a constant spec machine that primarily uses a controller for 600 or do you prefer to have a top running computer that primarily uses mouse and keyboard. Do you want to have crummy online service or do you want the whole internet at your disposal? (and dont say 'ps3 has web browser' because the pc internet browsers are far superior.

Xshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Xshinobi
[QUOTE="anime-2k3"][QUOTE="kingtahktahkhuk"]

[QUOTE="zehoo"]it really depends upon the game, although for a lot of things the pc is better, it's hard to get decent rpg's etc on the pcjudas-savior

are you kidding me?

LOL, before you bash JRPG's.. think about what you just said.. like omg never winder nights and baulders gate, whilst good in there days but in comparism to console rpgs..... point n click rpgs for the loose.. And both the elder scrolls and fallout series have come to consoles so before speaking rubbiush take a step back and think about a just a small amount of good RPG's out on consoles and coming out...

- Final Fantasy Series
- KOTOR Series
- Kingdom Hearts Series
- Fable Series
- Jade Empire
- Lost Odyssey
- Mass Effect
- Zelda Series
- Blue Dragon
- Eternal Sonata
- Dragon Quest Series
- Star Ocean Series

Don't even start the PC vs. Console RPG argument.. Keep your point and click games and killing demons with dice and i'll take the best the genre has to offer, Consoles are hands down winners in that department.. screw playing a 40 hour game on a pc with a keyboard and mouse.... RPGs on consoles FTW =)

When has console RPGs ever been the best the genre has to offer? Have fun playing your FF crap I will be too busy enjoying Hellgate.

judas-savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 judas-savior
[QUOTE="judas-savior"][QUOTE="anime-2k3"][QUOTE="kingtahktahkhuk"]

[QUOTE="zehoo"]it really depends upon the game, although for a lot of things the pc is better, it's hard to get decent rpg's etc on the pcanime-2k3

are you kidding me?

- Final Fantasy Series
- KOTOR Series
- Kingdom Hearts Series
- Fable Series
- Jade Empire
- Lost Odyssey
- Mass Effect
- Zelda Series
- Blue Dragon
- Eternal Sonata
- Dragon Quest Series
- Star Ocean Series

When has console RPGs ever been the best the genre has to offer? Have fun playing your FF crap I will be too busy enjoying Hellgate.

LOL, K.. you enjoy your hellgate at your little pc desk with your oh so powerfull PC and your big monitor and your fancy chair and i'll lay back on my couch with a cold drink with my 40" HD-LCD and Surround Sound and enjoy my pathetic console RPG's the way they should be =D

... pfftt lol *rolls eyes*

woofie13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 woofie13
Member since 2007 • 841 Posts

Each system also has it's exclusive titles, I think it really depends upon what you're looking for in a console and how much you're willing to pay.
PS3- blu-ray games and movies, low cost.
PC- can outperform consoles if spent greatly upon.

I would go with the PS3 simply because it's a great deal for what you get and it's all set up for high-end gaming.

sniper_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#36 sniper_99
Member since 2004 • 2820 Posts

don't ever compare a PC to consoles

ChiSoxBombers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ChiSoxBombers
Member since 2006 • 3700 Posts
no duh the pc is all around better than ps3 overall
Xshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Xshinobi
[QUOTE="anime-2k3"][QUOTE="judas-savior"][QUOTE="anime-2k3"][QUOTE="kingtahktahkhuk"]

[QUOTE="zehoo"]it really depends upon the game, although for a lot of things the pc is better, it's hard to get decent rpg's etc on the pcjudas-savior

are you kidding me?

- Final Fantasy Series
- KOTOR Series
- Kingdom Hearts Series
- Fable Series
- Jade Empire
- Lost Odyssey
- Mass Effect
- Zelda Series
- Blue Dragon
- Eternal Sonata
- Dragon Quest Series
- Star Ocean Series

LOL, K.. you enjoy your hellgate at your little pc desk with your oh so powerfull PC and your big monitor and your fancy chair and i'll lay back on my couch with a cold drink with my 40" HD-LCD and Surround Sound and enjoy my pathetic console RPG's the way they should be =D

Well I can sit on my couch with my PC pumped through a stereo and play my games on a 55" DLP with a wireless mouse and KB OR a gamepad playing a real RPG not watching some crappy interactive (press X to continue) cutscenes that you all call a JPRGs.

TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#39 TriangleHard
Member since 2005 • 9097 Posts
[QUOTE="kingtahktahkhuk"]

are you kidding me?

JRPG > WRPG at least to me.

zehoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 zehoo
Member since 2004 • 75 Posts

[QUOTE="zehoo"]it really depends upon the game, although for a lot of things the pc is better, it's hard to get decent rpg's etc on the pcpandadude01

lol, what about Wow, possibly the most popular game around right now?

Yes 1 rpg as opposed to the many you can get that come out of japan. Don't get me wrong I spend a lot of money updating my pc each year and I played wow for a long time, but if you want choice when it comes to decent rpgs you're going to have to get a console since most *** rpgs, which tend to be better than western rpgs, only come out on consoles. (I don't count oblivion as an rpg since it was more of an fps with some rpg/adventure elements and the last version of neverwinter nights to be released was horrid to the point where I'd prefer playing table top to it)

ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ianuilliam
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

PC is way better than any console.you see the consoles are made form low to mid range PC parts.with out the PC and the hard work that gose into developing newer and faster PC hardware there would be no console.

Also just about any Mid range PC will owne a PS3 or XBOX 360.I can play games at higher res than a PS3 or 360 could ever dream of with fram rates in the 50-70FPS where as a PS3 or 360 can only play at a max of 1080P/I at about 30FPS.

MY RIG

Athlon x2 4200+ oced to 3.1GHz,2GIGs of DDR2 800 ram OCed to 1074MHz,8800GTS 320MB OCed to 600MHz/2010MHz,2 160GIG HDDs in RAID 0,X-Fi soundbaster.3d mark 06 score of 10237.

And my rig only cost 850$ ,more that twice the power of the PS3 for only 250$ more.

elfboy69

After you deduct the system resources Vista hogs running in the background, not to mention all the other background applications (antivirus and the like) your 2 gigs is not very much memory. Vista FTL. Also, overclocking every component to the point of system instability FTL. Don't get me wrong, I have always been a fan of PC games. I have a gaming computer. But I can't buy play any new games on it, cause it's about a year old, and I don't want to upgrade it every 3 months. Consoles you buy once, and you're good for years. PC you buy, for a lot more, and then a few months later and you either upgrade, buy a new one, or only play old games. That being said, this probably would be better suited for system wars.

judas-savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 judas-savior
[QUOTE="judas-savior"][QUOTE="anime-2k3"][QUOTE="judas-savior"][QUOTE="anime-2k3"][QUOTE="kingtahktahkhuk"]

are you kidding me?

- Final Fantasy Series
- KOTOR Series
- Kingdom Hearts Series
- Fable Series
- Jade Empire
- Lost Odyssey
- Mass Effect
- Zelda Series
- Blue Dragon
- Eternal Sonata
- Dragon Quest Series
- Star Ocean Series

Well I can sit on my couch with my PC pumped through a stereo and play my games on a 55" DLP with a wireless mouse and KB OR a gamepad playing a real RPG not watching some crappy interactive (press X to continue) cutscenes that you all call a JPRGs.

Theres more than just JRPG's if you actually bothered to read my list as KOTOR, Jade Empire and Mass Effect are all bioware as Fable is lionhead etc... And besides your just trying to turn your PC into a console with what you just described..liek omg wireless keyboard and mouse and bla bla.. your just trying to imitate what consoles have and will continue to keep doing and besides not everyone nor many have a setup like you.. you've just gone out of your way, but as your such a hero I will just lay all my gaming experience and opinions down and bow to you because you are the all knowing and master of the universe..

With the amount of money you spent on that setup you could of gone out side and perhaps made some real friends instead of flaming your biased PC opinions in a PS3 forum..

...IMO as I am allowd to have one despite every PC gamers ignorance to think I am not.. RPG's on consoles > PC RPG's.. I have a high end PC which is capable of playing any of the games you have gone on about.. I stick with consoles when it comes to RPG's and i'll take it that way regardless..

Go Kill some Demons with Dice or Point and Click that bad guy.. or what ever you may do in your spare time, im out...

LOL... =D

ginraisama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ginraisama
Member since 2006 • 719 Posts

JRPG > all... story driven, deep characters that make you feel like you're there with them >>> point and click random quest where the main goal is to get more xp and dress your character really well to take printscreens and send to your friends saying : "Z0mg... i had to beat the zull farak dungeon 304842 times but now i finally found the plate helmet i was searching for my whole life"

oh... and on topic... PC is better for FPS games and RTS, console is better for all the rest :)

Xshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Xshinobi
And what is the point of RPG to role play. Please tell me how much role playing can be done when you are watching some spiked hair loser with a giant sword in a cut-scene. What a awesome roll playing experience that must be. You all say that WRPGs all you do is kill mobs for xp but you do the same damn thing in all JRPGs. Oh look its time to run around this bland field waiting for a stupid random encounter to go off woot now I get to grind for the next hour so I can beat some other spiked hair loser then I will be able to watch an other cut-scene MAN Im really roleplaying now.
ginraisama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ginraisama
Member since 2006 • 719 Posts

yeah... you're playing an important role in a story... there is no story in WOW and your roles is everything but important there.

its just... quest xp, another quest, more xp, an item, seld for gold... quest, xp.

and about the spiked haired with a giant sword i guess you're talking about Cloud in FF7... wich i guess you have never played, otherwise you'd find out it was probably the best RPG ever made.

I felt emotional when Aeris died... have you ever felt anything while playing your WRPG? :)

judas-savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 judas-savior

And what is the point of RPG to role play. Please tell me how much role playing can be done when you are watching some spiked hair loser with a giant sword in a cut-scene. What a awesome roll playing experience that must be. You all say that WRPGs all you do is kill mobs for xp but you do the same damn thing in all JRPGs. Oh look its time to run around this bland field waiting for a stupid random encounter to go off woot now I get to grind for the next hour so I can beat some other spiked hair loser then I will be able to watch an other cut-scene MAN Im really roleplaying now.anime-2k3

I work for an ISP so obviously I work with alot of PC gamers, and you know they laughed at me when I went on about character development and emotion attatchment etc. in a roleplaying game..

Besides I love JRPG's but I never said them over all, as said KOTOR, Fable etc.. but I have a deep love for JRPG's and besides no JRPG's have random battles really anymore so eh?

Im sorry but Id have to say PC RPG's don't have as much of a point.. They were ok for what they were at the time but they were in a totally different ****of thier own, and I can assure you that the story about that spiky haired fellow has alot more depth than any PC role playing game.. if you actually played youd know there was alot more than just random fights and cutscenes, besides whats wrong with learning the story and having a cinematic experience at the same time, I mean it gives you purpose to play the game if you learn enough about the characters unlike some.. like ok this is you, this is your werapon.. kill things.. like yeah killing is fun but in the long run it will get boring because there is no point or emotional drive to do it... your just speaking out your "A" on that one. I'll agree PC is totally king of RTS games and by prefrence the FPS but still..

Roleplaying on consoles is more so like a book now days as it has alot of depth, alot of story and alot of reading/cutscenes and alot of old school readers like myself have moved on to playing role playing games opposed to reading all the time.. I ike most game genres but RPG would be my favourite by far.. And I totally dig the way consoles and there publishers pull RPG's off opposed to the PC..

As said elder scrolls and Fallout moved onto consoles aswell where they are also suited.. and to be honest hellgate just doesn't look good enough to provoke me to install it on my PC and I would not be surprised if ended up on consoles later anyways.. it looks like a generic PC RPG which I personally do not enjoy as they do not concerntrate on story as much like Oblivon was great but the overall story and its depth was not great, no emotion or attatchment to characters etc.... My PC is pretty much internet utalized and thats about it.. I like Western RPG's like elder scrolls and fallout etc. but as said they lack the depth, emotion and story of some of the JRPG's ive played but considering other WRPG's like KOTOR, Jade Empire, Fable and Mass Effect are branching off from both traditional RPGSand making there own which works really well, but I would play none of those on the PC anyways lol

Now days Roleplaying is owned by console and Real Time Stratagy is owned by the PC... Neither do to well on the oposing machines..

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Dogswithguns
It's true that the PC always have the most power cuz you can always upgrade - so what? Upgrading too much can be a downfall and can be very expensive. .....if you dont mind do all the work upgrading every year instead of pop the disc in and play. ....I stll prefer consoles over.
Cereo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Cereo1
Member since 2004 • 207 Posts
[QUOTE="elfboy69"]

MY RIG

ianuilliam

After you deduct the system resources Vista hogs running in the background, not to mention all the other background applications (antivirus and the like) your 2 gigs is not very much memory. Vista FTL. Also, overclocking every component to the point of system instability FTL. Don't get me wrong, I have always been a fan of PC games. I have a gaming computer. But I can't buy play any new games on it, cause it's about a year old, and I don't want to upgrade it every 3 months. Consoles you buy once, and you're good for years. PC you buy, for a lot more, and then a few months later and you either upgrade, buy a new one, or only play old games. That being said, this probably would be better suited for system wars.

With all that stuff, I'm sure if you look real hard you can get all that for $850. You didn't factor in things though.

CASE, DVD drive, MOUSE, KEYBOARD, and I bet you already had your HDs too and probably your sound card. You cut it down to just what you had to buy to upgrade your PC. Not to mention, everyone can't or is afraid to buy all that stuff online and put together a computer. Only a small percentage actually put together their own computers to save money. Look at more of a Dell or something with those specs, that is what an average person would buy and we are talking $2000 easy. I've been a computer gamer since day one but consoles win everytime because of all the hassle, epecially because of all the mentioned before updates you have to do. Audio, video, and other system drivers you need to keep doing to play newer games. Hassle, hassle, hassle.

TelcharXI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TelcharXI
Member since 2006 • 1189 Posts
Why can't a person like both, I'm currently building a computer for over 2000.00 mostly because I want to play the games that come out on PC. Also since I have a degree in computer repair I like building stuff :D. But really people lighten up and just accept the fact that some people like to play games on their PC's which offers experiences that consoles can't give, and some people like consoles which gives experiences that PC's can't give.
FireFalkon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 FireFalkon
Member since 2004 • 866 Posts

What is better PC or PS3?

ghostriderx

It's a matter of price. If you want to spend $1500 for a gaming pc and $200 every year to upgrade it's hardware you'll have the most powerful and versatile gaming machine you can possibly have. On the other hand with a third of that price you get a ps3 that you don't have to upgrade for 4-5 years.