What game/s do you regret buying?

• 122 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ninja_Zombie83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#51 Ninja_Zombie83
Member since 2009 • 1893 Posts
Mirrors Edge. Both times lol.
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#52 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I guess I really don't regret buying any game. Turok is the worst one I own, but I think I paid $20 for it, and I certainly got $20 worth of, well...I killed twenty bucks worth of time with it. I buy almost all of my games after they go on sale, so I really can't complain even if a game falls far short of my expectations.

Ninja_Zombie83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Ninja_Zombie83
Member since 2009 • 1893 Posts
[QUOTE="FallofAthens"]

[QUOTE="mcd0234"]

I know everybody else is gonna disagree since just about the whole planet bought it, but I regret Modern Warfare 2. Its not that I hated playing it, I finished it and it was fun for the short time it took to play but its one of the few games I actually paid the full $60 for and I just don't think I even got $30 of enjoyment out of it. I wish I could go back and either buy something else and rented MW2 or waited till it was way cheaper (few months ago got Bioshock 2 at the full $60 and definitely got my money's worth on that one so I guess it is possible even at $60)

You'd be surprised how many people will agree with you, compared to the first one the praise has been rather buried among angry fans. At least from what I've seen on here anyways.

I totoally forgot about MW2. Yeah Mirrors Edge used to be the game I hated most, but thanks for reminding me that MW2 is at the top of my list.
Cell2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 Cell2u
Member since 2008 • 262 Posts

Theres a few games i regret buying and they were popular.

1) GTA 4.

Compared to San Andreas, Vice City, 3, heck even Bully, this was R*s worst game. I played the main story, and barely made it, and deleted it. Everything was sacrificed from previous releases for this ragdoll junk and realism. Games need to be fun, and this wasnt. I cant even recall anytime during it that i laughed. And its previous games were hilarious with fun gameplay and lots of replay value. No replay value in 4. No rewards for completing anything either so that means no incentive to want to go do things like shoot 200 pigeons. Terrible game. And i know it sold 5 gazillion copies. This is because of media hype. You hear something is great so many times you actually start to believe it. But mostly it sold well based off San Andreas. And ill guarentee the next GTA will fall short of expectations. GTA 4 left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouth. I mean cmon now, bowling, darts, the ridiculous internet cafe dating, seeing the same 2 comedians do the same jokes over and over. You cant really believe that is exciting stuff lol. Thats something Disney would release, not R*.

2) CoD MW2

I cant really knock the game, its not too bad. Its just that it wasnt as good as CoD4 (MW1). MW2 had a weird story, hard to follow. You dont know who the bad guy is or where he is or where you are or what youre even doing lol. Just run ahead and shoot, i guess thats all you need to know in any CoD. In MW2 the real bad guy, the one who shot up the airport, just disappears ..... i think.... or something. pfft who knows. All i know is i never killed him. But the gameplay is as good as any other release and its bread and butter is the online play which is just as good although i hear the PC guys cant add maps. I think im just tired of CoDs in general.

3) Metal Gear Solid 4

Ill admit i didnt give it much of a chance. I played it about a hour and yawned too many times in that hour. Took the disk out and never put it back in. In the hour i played, it seems like 45 minutes of it was cut scenes. Looooooong boring cut scenes. When i finally got to play, they said dont shoot anyone. Oh terrific. So i figured its one of them stealth games and i need to stay hidden. But nobody attacks me on either side. So i casually strolled through and triggered the next giant cut scene of some arms dealer and a tiny robot..... thats all i remember.

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts

One of the worst games I've ever played in my life! Whatever you do, don't play it.

rconnelly777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 rconnelly777
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
shawn white snowboard was a complete disapointment at least i think so
rconnelly777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 rconnelly777
YES finaly someone who aggrees i compleatley hate MW2 the story was allright but online was redicules i cant stand all the campers
rconnelly777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 rconnelly777
you gotta play fallout 3 on PS3 its alot better than 360 the gameplay is alot smoother
ElGreco88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#60 ElGreco88
Member since 2009 • 766 Posts

you gotta play fallout 3 on PS3 its alot better than 360 the gameplay is alot smootherrconnelly777

If you wanna respond (quote) someone, then go to the "quote" option under their message and write your response. Then your post will look like this one, and it will be easier to understand to who you're talking to. :)

Avatar image for untouchables111
untouchables111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 untouchables111
Member since 2005 • 1650 Posts
Nothing. Because I'm not a sucker.
jjivey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#63 jjivey
Member since 2010 • 1354 Posts

Nothing. Because I'm not a sucker. untouchables111

that mean you believe everyone else's word on how good/bad a game is?

MistressZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64 MistressZero
Member since 2009 • 26 Posts

I'd have to say, "Lair". I paid $60 for it and after trying to play it 3 or 4 times unsucessfully...I gave up trying to figure it out. Now it sits, collecting dust on my shelf.

Maybe I'll trade it in for something better...or should I give it another shot???

n00bkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65 n00bkid
Member since 2006 • 4163 Posts
MGS4 and GTA4 with a hint of RE5. I just couldn't handle them.
jjivey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#66 jjivey
Member since 2010 • 1354 Posts

I'd have to say, "Lair". I paid $60 for it and after trying to play it 3 or 4 times unsucessfully...I gave up trying to figure it out. Now it sits, collecting dust on my shelf.

Maybe I'll trade it in for something better...or should I give it another shot???

MistressZero

If you mean by the axis controls, a patch was released to make it where you can control with the buttons rather than tilting the controller. Makes a world of a difference. Maybe you should check it out again.

daveversion1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 daveversion1
Member since 2007 • 1005 Posts
FarCry 2, just couldn't get into it and i hated traveling around.
Reptylus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Reptylus
Member since 2009 • 1875 Posts

Conflict: Denied Ops - I liked the older Conflict games but this one just sucks.

Dragon Age: Origins - Not that it's bad or something but I just can't get into it. Kinda not my style.

Well, at least I bought those two second-hand, so I didn't waste too much money.

MistressZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#69 MistressZero
Member since 2009 • 26 Posts

[QUOTE="MistressZero"]

jjivey

If you mean by the axis controls, a patch was released to make it where you can control with the buttons rather than tilting the controller. Makes a world of a difference. Maybe you should check it out again.

I didn't know that!! As I said, I just gave up because I couldn't control the damn thing! Thanks...maybe I'll give it another go!

-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts
Star Ocean 4 = Worst RPG ive ever played.
razzkazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 razzkazz
Member since 2004 • 730 Posts

Battlefield 1943 - I played the 30 minute demo, had a pretty good time, bought it, 10 minutes later I was bored with it and have been ever since. I know a lot of people love it, but it's just not for me. I like Warhawk okay and this is just like a not as fun or attractive looking version.

PixelJunk Monsters - purchased it after a night of drinking, bad mistake. I hate tower defense style games.

Ratchet & Clank: Quest For Booty - Wanted to give this series a chance, again, well made game but I was really bored by it. Made it to the caves part where you hold the bugs as a flashlight.

Far Cry 2 - heard great things, as an FPS lover I was intrigued by the open world style, just totally hated it. It was neat driving around the jungle for a couple hours, but the gameplay completely bored me and nothing made me want to explore the huge world. I had a few more hours of fun with the level editor but was saddened by the realization that I wouldn't have any fun playing on my cool level.

Mace Griffin: Bounty Hunter - I read some great reader reviews that claimed it was close to as good as Halo 1, bought it a few months ago for a couple bucks and the gunplay just feels wrong, the story is really bad, and the game looks really bland. Not at all what I expected.

Dark Summit - I thought this was SSX with guns. There are no guns, and it's horrible.

Project Snowblind - This seems like a game I should like but I just hate it.

monker490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 monker490
Member since 2007 • 336 Posts

Far Cry 2. Its the only game i haven't finished

clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 clicketyclick
Member since 2008 • 7136 Posts

Assassin's Creed 1. Ughh!!!! Worst game I've played this gen.

Mirror's Edge. I felt like sleeping in front of the TV with my DS3 in my hands. ElGreco88

LOL! priceless :lol:

Armored_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Armored_
Member since 2010 • 186 Posts
[QUOTE="razzkazz"]

Battlefield 1943 - I played the 30 minute demo, had a pretty good time, bought it, 10 minutes later I was bored with it and have been ever since. I know a lot of people love it, but it's just not for me. I like Warhawk okay and this is just like a not as fun or attractive looking version.

PixelJunk Monsters - purchased it after a night of drinking, bad mistake. I hate tower defense style games.

Ratchet & Clank: Quest For Booty - Wanted to give this series a chance, again, well made game but I was really bored by it. Made it to the caves part where you hold the bugs as a flashlight.

Far Cry 2 - heard great things, as an FPS lover I was intrigued by the open world style, just totally hated it. It was neat driving around the jungle for a couple hours, but the gameplay completely bored me and nothing made me want to explore the huge world. I had a few more hours of fun with the level editor but was saddened by the realization that I wouldn't have any fun playing on my cool level.

Mace Griffin: Bounty Hunter - I read some great reader reviews that claimed it was close to as good as Halo 1, bought it a few months ago for a couple bucks and the gunplay just feels wrong, the story is really bad, and the game looks really bland. Not at all what I expected.

Dark Summit - I thought this was SSX with guns. There are no guns, and it's horrible.

Project Snowblind - This seems like a game I should like but I just hate it.

no offense, but you seem terrible moody about your games.
razzkazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 razzkazz
Member since 2004 • 730 Posts

no offense, but you seem terrible moody about your games.Armored_

None taken. I love a lot of games, I just know when one isn't for me.

Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#76 Khadaj32
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts

Grand Theft Auto IV. Horrible, horrible game. The plot was beyond boring, the car handling atrocious, and the characters...ugh. I appreciated the more sophisticated fighting mechanics, but who can be bothered when driving to a mission is a chore? I returned it the same damn day, got my money back, and bought Uncharted 1. Which I just should have done in the first place.

Seriously. The game should burn in hell.

nbessiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 nbessiner
Member since 2009 • 731 Posts

LBP, I truly hate this game. I can't believe it got such good reviews.

ElPadilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 ElPadilla
Member since 2007 • 609 Posts

My recent ones would have to be Prince of Persia and Demon Souls. I was hoping Prince of Persia would be a continuation of the Sands of Time series and was totally disappointed in the steaming pile of poo that I ended up with. It was way too easy, especially with the girl that always rescued you, and boring because there was nothing to do but collect orbs. Demon Souls sucked because the gameplay was outdated and it was an ugly game. I didn't think it was that hard and was easy to telegraph the demon attacks. Fortunatelly I purchased them used because I wasn't sure about them, and ended up returning them.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Resistance 2. Got my money back and returned it after I beat it in like a week.

superlobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#80 superlobo
Member since 2008 • 599 Posts

FFXIII, I put 22 hours into it thinking to myself " the battles are gonna get better you'll see". It never did, fighting was boring, story was getting old, " we're enemies of Cocoon, we're enemies of Cocoon" yeah, I know, don't have to say it 200 times, could'nt explore the world til the end which why bother by then. Greatvisuals and cut scenes but that's it.

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

There's too many for me to list so I'll just say the ones that I currently own.

Resistance 2 - Thought it would be great as I own and love the original. The campaign ended up being extremely mundane. Fun for a few playthroughs, but that's it. The online was decent, and I had some fun with it but I never got into it the way I did other games. Problem is, I bought the collector's edition so I don't want to trade it in as trade in shops only take the game and not all the extra shwag, so then I'd be left with a ton of shwag that I wouldn't want to throw away but would have no use for. I'm kind of stuck, so I guess I'm keeping it.

Demon's Souls - I acknowledge that this is probably a great game, and before I purchased it I never would have thought of myself as a casual gamer but based on where I am in this game, I just might be. I'm stuck on the very first level, which I spent an hour and a half getting to the end of only to be killed by a ****ing trap that I couldn't have known was there until I died by it. That's just lame. That was the first day I bought it back in October and I've played it like one time since. I guess I don't have the determination to run through a level repetitively until I memorize the location of all traps and the like. I need to trade this one in soon.

God of War III- I was extremely hyped for this as it was my first God of War game. From all the praise I've heard for the series, I expected a pretty deep combat system. Wow, was I wrong. Played the game to the Cerberus Boss (where I got stuck for a bit before accidentally deleting my save) on Titan on my first playthrough and I realized the game is just a button masher in which you occasionally block. There isn't much strategy and I found myself having a hard time getting into the flow of the combat when compared to games like Ninja Gaiden or Heavenly Sword (both of which I love and find to be better games). The graphics are amazing and the set pieces (though there are very few) are awesome, but the gameplay itself -the thing that matters most, is only decent. The game is not bad by any means, it just doesn't compare with other games of the same genre.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#82 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
Far Cry 2. Everyone in the gaming community by now knows why that's a ****ing turd, I won't waste the bandwidth.
Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

Fallout 3. BOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#84 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
Lets see...too many for my taste. I will try to classify them. Desperation Class - Virtua Tennis and Armored Core 4. This was 2007 mid-year when the PS3 releases were dry as a bone. I was so desperate for a game I actually bought those...and sold them later. Talked into Class - Modern Warfare 2 and Bad Company 2. Friends/Clan mates talked me into these. IMO these are 2 of the most overhyped, overrated games in history. MW2 is a definite step down from COD4. Bad Company 2 is not bad, just the whole Bad Company formula doesnt measure up to the traditional PC experience. High Hopes Class - Need for Speed Shift and Ferrari Challenge Trafeo Pirelli. These two could almost be put in the Desperation Class. The fact is, I am SICK of waiting for GT5...so sick that I allowed my hopes to get inflated for these two games. The previews looked promising. The player reviews were good. NFS Shift got good critic reviews. Neither lived up and just made me want GT5 even more. Rainbow Six Vegas - so much hype on this game from the 360. I was really pumped for it...and sold it less than a week later. Most dissappointing shooter I have bought. Same Old Song...Different Tune Class - Socom Confrontation. Socom 2 is THE Socom game. It is the last great Socom since a variety of changes entered the game series with Socom 3. Socom 2 is also the last Socom to have extremely high nightly numbers and popularity. Slant Six promised they would be getting back to the old Socom 2 gameplay. Well...the sort of did. Unfortunately, there is only 7 maps which gets old fast. They also stuck with the Multiple Mode maps which has continued to be a mistake since Socom 3. Breach, Escort, and Extraction are modes that have essentially died off. You cant put them on generic maps and have them be any good...at least not to veterans of Socom 2. So the community mostly plays Demolition and Suppression. This lack of variety was never a problem in Socom 2. Socom 2 has single mode maps designed VERY well for each mode...24 OF THEM...not 7. Socom is still a shadow of its former self.
ks1990steelman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 ks1990steelman
Member since 2009 • 1418 Posts
Killzone 2: I hate it. Worst game ever for me... Assassin's Creed 1: The most boring game I have ever played. I have already sold them.
Joker_268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#86 Joker_268
Member since 2004 • 997 Posts

Far cry 2 and call of juarez.........waste of space

hiphopballer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#87 hiphopballer
Member since 2009 • 4059 Posts

VF5, Rachet and Clank FTOD, ultimate alliance, gran turismo prologue

weizhen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 weizhen
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

I didn't expect it to be Metal Gear Solid 4. My very first PS3 game, and was a total let down. Sold it off in one week.

ImproveMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 ImproveMind
Member since 2010 • 172 Posts

I got a whole list of them:

- Resistance 2 - bland, boring online, terrible story

- Killzone 2 - all flash no substance, awful and broken controls, terrible and short story

- GTA:IV - massive frame-rate and stability problems

almossbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 almossbb
Member since 2008 • 1979 Posts

well i got disney's walle game with my ps3 in a deal which gave me uncharted drakes fortune and killzone 2 (both awesome games). i turned on walle for a couple of mins out of curiousity and never played it again, my little bro plays it sometimes but even he thinks its boring.

-Almo SSBB

davidkamayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 davidkamayor
Member since 2008 • 1642 Posts

Soul Calibur IV

sky_rend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 sky_rend
Member since 2005 • 207 Posts
Tekken 6. As a longtime fan from Tekken 3 onwards, it really just felt like Tekken 5 + bounce and crappier low parry. Soul Calibur IV. Feels slow and Hilda is broke. Bayonetta, after having beaten the game on my 360 when I used to have one... it was underwhelming to say the least. Returned asap.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Infamous. I got MW2 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 at the same time and I've barely touched MW2. Also, I just can't seem to get into Infamous.

MazehcS0ul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 MazehcS0ul
Member since 2009 • 1773 Posts

None, they're were are good games, Back in the day we just had to guess on is this a good game or not. So yea to the internet.

mozesx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 mozesx
Member since 2004 • 4049 Posts

Far Cry 2, Tekken 6

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#96 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

For me personally - Street Fighter IV and Resistance 2.

I grew up with Street Fighter but I could not stand constant super moves in forth installment. It's either super combo, ultimate super or god knows how many there are by now. I still load Third Strike and enjoy it. Street Fighter use to be "street fights" and even if am alone in this allegation, has turned into power gameplay. That's change didn't work for me sadly.

As for Resistance 2 - It was nothing like Resistance 1 that I found quite good and enjoyable. I won't bother listing all the changes single player got that almost completely alienated it for me. What it did do well however - was excellent co-op multiplayer. I just wish single player was better.

Other then those two games, I started to be more aware of my old love for franchises. Was a glad that I rented: Silent Hill: Homecoming? Devil May Cry 4? and the likes?

You bet.

Keep in mind that I have nothing against games listed above, they were for me personally not as good as previous title I grew up with. ;)

Katzenbalger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Katzenbalger
Member since 2008 • 764 Posts

GTA4.

I simply don't understand what everybody saw in the game. I bought it since i've generally had a good time with the GTA series; GTA 1, 3, Vice City and
San Andreas were all entertaining enough to make it into my collection. Plus, fromthe overwhelmingpraise itseemed that the gamewould be at least decent. I was wrong.GTA4 somehow took the GTA formula and made it dull andboring.I eventually just put all the cheats on and breezed through the game, then traded it in. Luckily i ended up making moremoney on the trade in than i had spent on it, so it's not all bad.

mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts

for me it would be prototype..why the hell did i get it, maybe because i thought it was infamous

Avatar image for greensthooligan
greensthooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#99 greensthooligan
Member since 2008 • 426 Posts

assassins creed, i like a game with replay value, this game had less than none of that.

BdogTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#100 BdogTheGamer
Member since 2009 • 675 Posts
none