MegaNorm64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 MegaNorm64
Member since 2020 • 48 Posts

The remake of the original Squaresoft classic was pretty fun. I love the HD visuals vs the original chibi characters and prerendered backgrounds/ I really loved the music. The symphony band really came through for this one. Songs like Let The Battles Begin, Tifa's Theme, On Our Way, Flowers Blooming In The Church, One Winged Angel, and The Main Theme Of FFVII really had an incredible presence and were a real pleasure to hear. The gameplay itself I thought was hit or miss. I didn't mind the real time battle system. I like a lot of hack n slash games so, this was up right up my alley, but I felt like the dodge button did nothing so, I hardly used it, and everything going slomo when going into the materia or item screens during battle was alright. The battles themselves were very flashy. They definitely let you know that this game had a huge budget, and those boss battles were really great. I didn't think the bosses were all that hard at all though. I did not struggle too much with any of them, including Sephiroth and Jenova, but I did struggle with the whisper harbingers. I struggled with them more than I would like to admit LOL.

The fact that Square turned a 2 hour act from the original and turned it into a 40 hour game blows my mind. The character development was great. I loved getting to know Biggs, Wedge, and Jess a lot! Getting to know Jessie was the best part for me. Finding out who her family is, and finding out why she chose to live the life that she does was really great. I also loved that we got to see AVALANCHE more as a family than we did in the original.

There were things I did not like in the game, mostly the introduction of the whisperers and how much they're so important in the new timeline. I also don't like the multiverse(?) they are teasing in the game. The ending with Zack was really nice, but it leaves so much questions unanswered, and I don't know if I want to find out what they have planned for the future installments of the game. I just hope this doesn't turn into some kind of Marvel crazy plot where multiple heroes from different timelines and universes come together to fight the big bad. I also did not like that we didn't get to play as Nanaki toward the end of the game. I know that they told us that a loooong time ago, and that they said it was because he was in so late in the game that they didn't bother, but I think there was still a very good chunk of the game left when we found him to be able to play as him. I mean, there was a lot. That final act took me quite some time to complete. Square made it sound like he debuted 10 minutes before the credits roll.

I am still excited about FF7R2 and FF7R3 and I hope they come fast! I can't wait to hear Cloud explain the events in Nibelheim when they arrive in Kalm. I can't wait to see the giant serpents, and the serpent that Sephiroth kills. It's definitely going to be a sight!

ekrartona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 ekrartona
Member since 2023 • 1 Posts

So I’m quite new to final fantasy, I recently platinumed ff16, and after seeing the new rebirth trailer I wanted a bit of the hype aswell, Im currently playing the original FFVII before I play the remake intergrade. And I was wondering, What is the community’s overall thoughts on the remakes? Is the original better than the remake? Is the remake bad? or is the remake better than the original? and one of the best final fantasy games?