watch dog review embargo

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

So once again another red flag to me for this game according to videogamer.com preview of game and the embargo.

I admit I could just have it out for watch dog, not that I look for bad news. Embargo for reviews are never good for great games maybe just the 8/10 over hyped games.

Could anyone reminfmd me of a great game that was embargoed I honestly like to know? I don't think GTA 5 was embargoed. O know infamous second son was and no one is still raving about that game. I am hoping for great things with watch dog but not holding my breath. Videogamer.cim preview might be corrrect stating great mechanics and online gameplay bit flat story. Unable to do things in story missiom that aiden should do with his hacking skills.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Every major game release has a review embargo of some sort...

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

mostly all big games have an embargo, only time you should be worried is if the embargo is after or same day as release.

Lhomity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 Lhomity
Member since 2011 • 508 Posts

Embargoes are fairly common. Many major releases have a review embargo. Even smaller studios such as Double Fine and others have used them. It's also quite common for major films and novels.

When a publisher sends you a free copy of their upcoming game, and says "Please don't publish review until date X/X/XXXX", you typically agree to it as a courtesy - especially if you ever want to receive review copies from them again. In some situations, you might be required to sign an agreement.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

Just don't get your hopes up folks. It's going to be a decent game but that's really all I'd presume. It's most likely not going to be "better" than GTA5. Keep your expectations low (when it comes to anything coming from a major publisher) and you won't be disappointed.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

That doesn't really mean anything, Ubi does this with all their games.

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

@jer_1 said:

Just don't get your hopes up folks. It's going to be a decent game but that's really all I'd presume. It's most likely not going to be "better" than GTA5. Keep your expectations low (when it comes to anything coming from a major publisher) and you won't be disappointed.

When I saw The Last of Us at E3 two years ago, my hopes where high. The game came out and delivered and then some. I expect the same thing from Watch Dogs. I think it will be a great game.

They always do these types of things with large releases. This is nothing new.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

I guess my beef with watch dog is over exposure. I can't help but read or watch videos that are out about the game to educate on whether I wantbtgecgame or not. I just think I maybe jaded once the game comes out and not be as enthusiastic as I was when I first saw the trailer from e3 in 2012.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Already got Watch Dogs on pre-order, don't care what it scores I'm getting it no matter what.