Wanna Buy A Vita With A Budget Of?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Soul4Survivor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Soul4Survivor
Member since 2013 • 175 Posts

259$ the most...

first whats the different between Vita Wifi and 3G/Wi-Fi? only asking cause i don't have Wifi in my house

With that in mind what would be the right choice then for me? The Wifi only or 3G not that it would matter since i don't have WIFI internet

Last since i don't have Wifi net would the vita be completely useless to me. or can i still enjoy it

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#3 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

The 3G is pretty much useless since you can't do a lot with the connection like large downloads or playing online. You may as well just get the Wi-Fi version. Without wi-fi, you won't be able to download games, which isn't a huge problem since you can just buy the cartridges, which will save you a lot of space anyway. So buying a large memory card wouldn't even be necessary. You should still be able to update the latest firmware for your Vita by downloading it on your computer and plugging in your Vita. You can also back up your Vita's data on your computer. So I guess you can still be fine without wi-fi.

Lhomity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#4 Lhomity
Member since 2011 • 508 Posts
@Soul4Survivor said:

259$ the most...

first whats the different between Vita Wifi and 3G/Wi-Fi? only asking cause i don't have Wifi in my house

With that in mind what would be the right choice then for me? The Wifi only or 3G not that it would matter since i don't have WIFI internet

Last since i don't have Wifi net would the vita be completely useless to me. or can i still enjoy it

Since you don't have WiFi, then you may want the 3G/WiFi model - but you'll need to sign up for a 3G internet plan to have any online access (which is expensive, and in my opinion, rubbish). The WiFi model Vita is cheaper, but has no access to 3G at all (which is not necessarily a bad thing).

If you're in Australia like I am, JB HiFi are currently offering a PS Vita slim WiFi model with a boxed copy of Borderlands 2 for AUD$259 (+ $4.95 shipping) in-store or online (link here). If you're in another country, I wish you luck.

You can perform the Vita's initial setup without a connection; you just won't be able to sign in with a PSN account and activate the system. No biggie, unless you want to unlock trophies.

Check your local library, McDonald's, Subway, Burger King, or any train or bus station, as they should have free public WiFi that you can use. A friend or neighbor with WiFi will also be handy. You can do this to complete the setup and activation (again, not essential but helpful), and update the system firmware (a very good idea), as well as redeem any code you might have (for example, if you bought an official system bundle, one of the mega packs, or obtained a code for a game or DLC by whatever means).

The biggest downside you'll face is that you will have no access to the PlayStation Store, where there are so many wonderful games.

On the plus side, you won't need a big memory card if you are only playing boxed games bought at retail. You will of course, still need a memory card though, so don't forget to pick one up. 4gb will suit you fine, 8gb if you want to store some of your music and video (mp4) on it, 16gb+ if your circumstances change and you want access to the breadth of downloadable Vita content and online services.

Any modern-age modem/router has WiFi. If you have an internet connection to your home, then having WiFi is as easy as having your router switched on. There's very little setup involved. Will open up a whole new world for you; you'll be singing that song from Aladdin like I am right now. Perhaps that is something you could consider in future. =)

If you really don't mind the 3G option, then last I checked, Vodafone are offering 3G service plans for PS Vita users. Other providers might also. You can shop around different providers if you like. I don't recommend 3G personally, but others might. Some really love it. I've just never had a good experience with it on anything.