Trophy Hunters: What type of trophies do you hate the most?

• 84 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BonoBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BonoBoy
Member since 2002 • 587 Posts
I remember when I heard about achievements and then trophies for the first time...LAME! Never thought I would even make an attempt at a single platinum but I must admit they are kinda fun and sometimes make you play a game more completely than maybe you would have if they didn't exist. My classic case of trophies being a good thing is Heavy Rain...without trophies I don't think I would have discovered all the possible twists, turns and endings that exist in that complex experience. While they are fun to occasionally get what kind of trophy is your least fave/..or more accurately your most hated!? Feel free to post a funny trophy story...one of frustration, defeat, joy or the one that made you wanna take a sledgehammer to your PS3 or your head.
HarDcore_RpG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 HarDcore_RpG
Member since 2008 • 546 Posts

I hate online trophies because like you say i have little faith in others, and I cant rely on my friends to help me only bcuz all they ever play is COD.
But..
I also hate trophies that require you to play the hell out of the game to the vomiiting point, ok maybe not vomit but Unreal Tournament 3 (yes I know its ancient) for example, requires you to play online on 500 different days, I mean seriously whoever got that trophy must either love UT3 or cant afford another game. Who in their right mind would play a game for 500 days?

SadPSPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#3 SadPSPAddict
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts

On-line trophies. I like to play a bit on line but for the sort of games I play I am usually good enough to beat the single player but on-line well.....For example in MotoGP 09/10 one of the trophies is winning 69 races on-line but I haven't managed double figures yet and don't imagine I will without asking someone to lose for me which kinda defeats the point!

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
Having to rely on others really sucks. Not to mention working in some unknown window of opportunity for both server up time and community longevity.
-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts

I hate online trophies because like you say i have little faith in others, and I cant rely on my friends to help me only bcuz all they ever play is COD.
But..
I also hate trophies that require you to play the hell out of the game to the vomiiting point, ok maybe not vomit but Unreal Tournament 3 (yes I know its ancient) for example, requires you to play online on 500 different days, I mean seriously whoever got that trophy must either love UT3 or cant afford another game. Who in their right mind would play a game for 500 days?

HarDcore_RpG

Lol really? 500 days?

Anyway I hate online trophies and boring tedious trophies like collect 100 feathers in AC2.

FIREKNIGHT19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FIREKNIGHT19
Member since 2010 • 467 Posts

Online trophies drive me nuts. Especially ones that require you to place in a certain bracket. Yes I'm talking about you KillZone 2.

Modern Warfare 2 drove me crazy with the Special Ops co-op online. Still haven't gotten these.

I don't fret too much about not getting the trophies, but sometimes I look at the requirements and say "Oh hell no. I do not have that much gaming talent. Why did they have to go and do that?)

ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ExoticAnimal
Member since 2010 • 39796 Posts

I'm sorry to say but the GOW trophies weren't hard. The only thing I hate about trophies is that they are online. Since I like getting platinums, some games make it really hard if only a few people still play it. It sucks for those who actually want to platinum LotR Conquest but cant do so because the servers are offline.

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts
Online Trophies. I never attempt to plat games with any highly time demanding online trophies.
jocaju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jocaju
Member since 2007 • 853 Posts

Most games with online trophy I don't even attempt to go for Platinum, specially when the games are online only like Warhawk and Socom Confrontation, it's hard. In Killzone 2, some of the trophies are ridiculous, I would rather play the single-player campaign on Elite difficulty three times than try some of those online trophies.

Right now, there's one challenge left to get the platinum on Sly 3, but I would change that single challenge for the whole batch of God of War 1 (which is the hardest of the GOW challenges), cause at least on GoW challenges you're 100% on control of your character, you basically need skill to beat it, but on Sly 3 you need lucky for some challenges.

HarDcore_RpG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 HarDcore_RpG

[QUOTE="HarDcore_RpG"]

But..

-Hoax-

Lol really? 500 days?

Anyway I hate online trophies and boring tedious trophies like collect 100 feathers in AC2.

Ya I know totally ridiculous :x I dont think anyone's platinumed that game, or if they have they've invested their life into it lol

allstar56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 allstar56
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

I hate most online trophies, im a solo gamer.

codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#12 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
I have reasons to hate every single one of these, but most of all are the online ones. Because I seem to have the misfortune of always ending up playing with some douche bag at some point or another that systematically griefs my enjoyment of the game. Online should be a reward... or better yet, make online play an unlockable for completing the campaign, so that at least you only have to deal with people that at some point should have played through and got used to the controls so we don't have all these newbies that basically jump straight to multi and then don't know how to do the most basic **** that the game requires to complete objectives and the like. Grinding-type ones are okay to a certain point. the problem is that I can see why it would be hard to decide a certain amount of "grinding" needed to be recognized for an achievement or trophy, but in many cases, it really becomes a question of either too little, or too much. Having to basically sploit to get the 666-hit combo in dante's inferno is one example... but then again, the Seriously... achievement in gears of war is just flat out nuts. One I've pretty much grown sick of is the rockhound one to find all the stupid shards, especially since after making an active point to collect every single one I couild see or find in Infamous, I was left with one shard that would not respond to my pinging at all, and I've even gone and found some of the more common "missable" ones too, so I am hideously stumped. :cry: Difficulty based trophies should be paired with a reward of equal worth to make it worth doing. i.e. beating on easy gets you a simple reward or cheat you could use to make it fun. Harder ones let you unlock better and/or more valuable stuff to use to again, make any replay more entertaining. I also hate the money grubbers, like the ones in PAIN that basically require you to buy additional stages or characters to be eligible to even TRY for them.
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ExoticAnimal

But..

HarDcore_RpG

You should actually know what you're talking about before posting info like this. I think what you mean is getting 200 kills on 50 separate days. There is also a trophy for winning 500 matches. There is no trophy for playing 500 days.

F0URZ3R0TW0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 F0URZ3R0TW0
Member since 2010 • 182 Posts

Call of duty trophies on veteran are impossilbe to get. It took me like an hour to get one.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
online trophies and difficulty based trophies
HarDcore_RpG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 HarDcore_RpG

[QUOTE="HarDcore_RpG"]

But..

ExoticAnimal

You should actually know what you're talking about before posting info like this. I think what you mean is getting 200 kills on 50 separate days. There is also a trophy for winning 500 matches. There is no trophy for playing 500 days.

My bad, your absolutely right. It has been a while since I've played and I remembered those as being the longest ones that I overly exaggerated the length although not purposely. I should've checked the info before. Still, it is long and altogether with all the time based trophies were you have to hold a certain power up for a certain amount of time and win 100 CTF games and others as well, it is one of the longest games to plat.

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

Collection trophies, I don't mind if it asks you to find a certain percentage, but games with lots of collectibles and you have to collect every single one, it pretty much forces you to use a guide, it's even worse if there's no level replay and no way to tell how much items you've collected out of total. Online trophies are kind of irritating too.

ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ExoticAnimal

[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"]

[QUOTE="HarDcore_RpG"]

But..

HarDcore_RpG

My bad, your absolutely right. It has been a while since I've played and I remembered those as being the longest ones that I overly exaggerated the length although not purposely. I should've checked the info before. Still, it is long and altogether with all the time based trophies were you have to hold a certain power up for a certain amount of time and win 100 CTF games and others as well, it is one of the longest games to plat.

It's all right. We all make mistakes. It's honestly not that hard of a game but just time consuming. I haven't really tried platinuming the game but my brother is only one trophy away from doing so. I might actually try to plat it sometime in the future because the game is just really fun.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
Collectible trophies get a little boring. Ridiculous online trophies like get a billion XP or thousands of kills suck, it's almost arrogant of the developers to assume we would want to play it that long. On another note I hate how DLC trophies are automatically added to the trophy total when we don't even own the DLC. NERDRAGE.
jack00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jack00
Member since 2006 • 4265 Posts
I'm not a trophy hunter, i just platinum the games i have for the challenge. But the only trophies that i hate to get are online trophies that you need to get with other people, while they can be easy, they can also be a ****ing pain in the ass to get 'cause of the trouble of finding good people to do them with.
KevinPlanet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 KevinPlanet
Member since 2003 • 941 Posts

Online of course. I have 90% completion on Assassin's Creed Brotherhood but the multiplayer (which IMO is incredibly frustrating seeing as how I have no manual to help me with) is keeping me from platinuming the game

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

The kind that needs me to assassinate someone half a kilometer away with a pistol.

grand17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#23 grand17
Member since 2007 • 2079 Posts
online trophies. because its no longer related to my skill and the fact that online support tends to diminish as a game ages ex. Resistance 2, I recently tried to get the plat...got everything except for 10,000 kills, there are so few people playing the game that it takes nearly 15 mins to get into a game and then some games get disconnected from server problems and youll find yourself getting like 20 kills per hour lol.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

I can't stand trophies that require you to find all of a certain item in a game. Those trophies were essentially what made me stop going to platinums. The 1001 light seeds in Prince of Persia were so annoying

Mcortijo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Mcortijo01
Member since 2003 • 2589 Posts

Trophies were you have to beat a game several times on different diffculties.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"]

[QUOTE="HarDcore_RpG"]

But..

HarDcore_RpG

Don't have the game myself but I hear you can just change the time settings for it to count as a different day, as well as playing with bots to speed the process up.

verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts

Online for me...

not because I don't enjoy playing with others or have little faith in them, but because some devs think they're putting out a flawless online experience...

Games like Chronicles of Riddick had some unreasonable online trophies...trophies that might have needed a lot of players online, but the servers were almost always empty at the earlier stages of the game....I'd hate to think what the servers are like now.

Games like Ninja Gaiden where the net code is so horrible -- Where the A.I is extremely useless and you have to rely on someone to play a successful game (which is next to impossible most of the time because of, once again, the horrible net code). And the list goes on.

[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"]

HarDcore_RpG

I have that trophy. If you're like me and want it, but have little time to devote 20 days of your life to one game, just change the date on your console after getting the kills against. It's basically the same thing you'd do except you don't have to waste your valuable time waiting 24 hrs per 200 kils...

king_of_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 king_of_metal
Member since 2007 • 658 Posts

I don't usually care about trophies, but if I like a game enough, I'll try to get as many as possible. I hate grinding/farming trophies. I have NIER sitting at 92%, because I gave up once I only had the weapon upgrading trophies left. Some of the items you need are rare drops that can take hours just to get one!

hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
online trophies are the worst next to that are the difficult for no reason trophies ie ( sacrificial lamb, 007 Agent online medal, Anarchy Rush Hour get $25 million )
killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

i do hate online trophies, but after finally earning the "Man of 1004 Holds" trophy for SvR11, i now hate grinding trophies with a passion

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#31 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

I wouldn't call myself a trophy hunter, but I absolute hate the idea of DLC and online trophies, especially if a game has very few people playing online, they're wasted trophies which could be used for more variety in single player.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts
A&B actully. The worst trophies are actually the "online grinding" ones. Although I don't care for grinding ones either, I can appreciate that sometimes getting 100% in a game could involve a little "grinding" to get to 100%. The challenges (GOW) and difficulty related ones are what trophies SHOULD be. Ideally trophies should be like this (IMO): You should be able to get at least 50% just by beating a game on default. (hate when I "beat" a game and the trophies are like 19%) You should be able to get to about 75% by playing through AGAIN on maximum difficulty. At most online trophies should be 10% and they should NEVER involve insane amounts grinding. The rest should just be the secret and hidden stuff, sidquests, etc to get 100% completion. It's too bad Sony (or Microsoft) didn't set some guidelines like this for trophies and achievements.
suz437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 suz437
Member since 2005 • 1053 Posts

BenderUnit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#34 BenderUnit22
Member since 2006 • 9597 Posts
Online-trophies that ask for very specific things. I think Fear 2 had one where you had to kill 3 people while blinded by a flash grenade which is not something that just happens naturally. Also, the Burnout Paradise camera trophy is really dirty, it's the only one I'm missing. You have to give them props for integrating the camera into the game so excellently, but making it a trophy requirement is dumb.
shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
I'm not a trophy hunter, but I'm not a big fan of online trophies.
NamelessJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 NamelessJay
Member since 2007 • 3082 Posts

Forgot about the collectible trophies. ACII's feathers, ACB's Borgia flags, iFamous' blast shards and GTA IV's pigeons are just annoying. Whoever thought finding 100+ of the same damn thing is fun is completely insane in my opinion.

lil_jon86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lil_jon86
Member since 2006 • 939 Posts

I fcken hate trophies online they are the worst grinding is in second place ninja gaiden im looking at you

Avatar image for EpiphoneMan2008
EpiphoneMan2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38 EpiphoneMan2008
Member since 2009 • 7169 Posts
Online trophies are the worst...
sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Online trophies are the worst, I find the sp aspect of a game far more enjoyable, even though I can play online for a little while, I usually lose interest in the repeditivness of it all eg, spawning, killing or dying, spawning, repeat till time limit runs out or kills are achieved.

jocaju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jocaju

A&B actully. The worst trophies are actually the "online grinding" ones. Although I don't care for grinding ones either, I can appreciate that sometimes getting 100% in a game could involve a little "grinding" to get to 100%. The challenges (GOW) and difficulty related ones are what trophies SHOULD be. Ideally trophies should be like this (IMO): You should be able to get at least 50% just by beating a game on default. (hate when I "beat" a game and the trophies are like 19%) You should be able to get to about 75% by playing through AGAIN on maximum difficulty. At most online trophies should be 10% and they should NEVER involve insane amounts grinding. The rest should just be the secret and hidden stuff, sidquests, etc to get 100% completion. It's too bad Sony (or Microsoft) didn't set some guidelines like this for trophies and achievements.2Chalupas

That's my thinking on what trophies should be as well. I loved how Uncharted 2 online trophies were, of course I'm talking about the 2 online trophies required to get the Platinum, which was play one game Co-op and one Competitive multiplayer, that was it. That's what online trophies should be, not reach a rank of *****, kill 10000 or be one of the best players of the week.

Avatar image for CarefulSheKills
CarefulSheKills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 CarefulSheKills
Member since 2010 • 147 Posts

I hate trophies put in AFTER the game is released for an extended period (o hai UC2)..

oajlu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#42 oajlu
Member since 2006 • 2652 Posts

online trophy, espeically those have nobody playing...

I played vancouver 2010 couple weeks ago, and no one is playing it online, so basically it's impossible to get its online trophies unless you find someone boost you up. There are many games like that...so it's impossible to get platinum cuz no one is playing.

I am fine with online trophies as long as it has health community size like COD.

SwagSurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SwagSurf
Member since 2009 • 3022 Posts

You guys should try completing Call of Duty: World at War's veteran difficulty. I nearly had to buy another controller :|

oajlu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#44 oajlu
Member since 2006 • 2652 Posts

You guys should try completing Call of Duty: World at War's veteran difficulty. I nearly had to buy another controller :|

SwagSurf

that one is okay, you just have to play it like tactical shooter, take it slowly, like an hour per mission, then you will be fine. I think the trophy that requires you to use pistol as sniper gun in waw is actually harder, took me 30 mins to get that one.

jocaju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jocaju

SwagSurf

Never played WAW, but most say beating on Veteran difficulty is just like the Elite difficulty on Killzone 2, hard and even feel cheap sometimes. But I'll take this over some online trophies any day.

Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts
none,every trophies is fine
Cyb0rg360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Cyb0rg360
Member since 2006 • 387 Posts

I think trophies are tough for game companies, It's easy to assign a certain number of kills to a trophy with a specific type of weapon and be done with it, but that can also really ruin the game, especially online.

I will take Gears 1 for example (if any of you have had a 360 you may already know where I am going with this) There are certain weapons on the map that you don't start with, it only spawns once at the beginning of the match and there's an achievement for getting 1000 or 10000 kills with it. What do you think happens at the start of every match? First off, tactics go out the window in favor of a mad sprint for the weapon. You may have a couple people on your team that all want the weapon and then there is the other team which may have a few people that all want it, too. So now you have a running match for a stupid weapon that everyone wants for a stupid achievement . . . .

In those type of scenarios achievement/trophies are horrible and actually ruin a game. On the other hand some games do it right, balancing trophies that will come up as part of the overall experince of just playing the game and the left over trophies that encourage you to replay the game. Oh, and any online element.

I will be honest, the COD franchise has done right by me with it's online. NO online trophies but a set of unlockables that are multiplayer specific. Although, I have yet to play Black Ops so I don't know if there's a trophy for prestiging or anything.

ForceFreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ForceFreeze
Member since 2008 • 823 Posts

I am only discontent on online trophies that task you with doing some really absurd **** like in BFBC2 knifing 5 friends, or in WipeOut HD Bling Brigade.

nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#49 nightshade869
Member since 2007 • 3457 Posts
I dislike onine trophies a lot. I don't have a lot of time as a college student to even play games and most online trophies require just that...a lot of time.
grand17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#50 grand17
Member since 2007 • 2079 Posts
[QUOTE="verbalfilth"]

Online for me...

not because I don't enjoy playing with others or have little faith in them, but because some devs think they're putting out a flawless online experience...

Games like Chronicles of Riddick had some unreasonable online trophies...trophies that might have needed a lot of players online, but the servers were almost always empty at the earlier stages of the game....I'd hate to think what the servers are like now.

Games like Ninja Gaiden where the net code is so horrible -- Where the A.I is extremely useless and you have to rely on someone to play a successful game (which is next to impossible most of the time because of, once again, the horrible net code). And the list goes on.

[QUOTE="HarDcore_RpG"]

[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"]

I have that trophy. If you're like me and want it, but have little time to devote 20 days of your life to one game, just change the date on your console after getting the kills against. It's basically the same thing you'd do except you don't have to waste your valuable time waiting 24 hrs per 200 kils...

lol i think ill be getting the platinum for that one now that i know the trick. i think i have almost everything except for those 2 or 3