Toughest platinum trophies to obtain

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

User Lists: 0

#1 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

There are many platinums I've seen over the years which immediately strike me as challenging, and here is a list of the platinums that I think are the toughest for varying reasons. Whether it is because of troubling multiplayer trophies that require boosting because of a dead community or just extremely time consuming activities, here are my picks for toughest platinums. You can add to my list (of my opinions) or create your own.

• F.E.A.R. 2: Featuring half single player and half multiplayer selection of trophies was not a good call from Monolith, since most of the multiplayer trophies are unobtainable due to an online community that was never there. This platinum would require a lot of boosting with buddies.
  • Red Faction: Guerrilla: If you can manage to persist and earn the pro times for all the demolition and transporter activities, you'll face a horrible blockade in multiplayer which requires you to not only play 250 matchmaking matches, but win 250 matches. While the multiplayer is fun, finding a game can be difficult, and of course you'll need a lot of luck to save yourself hours upon hours of playing matches.
  • Grand Theft Auto IV: Never have I seen anyone with this near-impossible plat because of an apparent multiplayer glitch trophy, and reaching the highest level is no easy feat either.
  • Motorstorm Pacific Rift: There are a lot of challenging trophies within this game because of the difficulty spikes towards the end of the game, with many trophies not earned simply through playing either. (I only managed 14% by the time I'd finished with it!)
  • Far Cry 2: Again, this platinum will take considerable time in the multiplayer mode, and I mean a lotof time.
  • Dead Space 2: Featuring a trophy that requires you to complete the game on the hardest mode and only allowed a maximum of 3 saves to make throughout the game makes this one tough platinum to earn.
  • Mirror's Edge: The time trials are where the frustrations incur in trying to earn this platinum.
bertoklepper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 bertoklepper
Member since 2005 • 71 Posts

Only one game comes in mind ( Star Ocean: The Last Hope International )

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
Max Payne 3 has a trophy similar to the Dead Space 2 one. Except 1 death means restarting the entire game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#4 AvatarMan96
Member since 2010 • 7324 Posts

I've heard Warhawk and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 have tough trophies that prevent most people from platinuming.

jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts

I've heard Warhawk and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 have tough trophies that prevent most people from platinuming.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 was easy but Battlefield Bad company is one I still haven't managed to platinum yet along with Socom Confrontation.
2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

Warhawk I think is supposed to be among the most difficult. But Bad Company 2 is an average difficulty platinum at best.

In BF:BC2 my recollection is of only 2 trophies that you probably shouldn't get my playing the game normally - granted you probabably need to spend 100 hours on mulitplayer, but if you were going to do that you would normally get almost all the trophies so long as you mix up the classes and weapons you use.

-Get 10 Destruction 2.0 kills (but this is actually easy if you know what you are doing*)

-Knife kill 5 friends (this is the one you probably need to boost, just to make sure you are playing AGAINST someone on your friend list and knife them 5 times, which is kind of a weird requirement)

*to get destruction 2.0, there are certain maps in RUSH mode with the MCOM stations set inside of a destructable building, the best way to get it is to C4 the building enough to destroy it, set the MCOM alarm, then run and hide (in the attic), wait a few seconds to allow a few players to try and run into the building, then BOOM. Blow the building, destroy the MCOM, and probably get a couple Destruction 2.0 kills at a time in the process. I've actually gotten like 6x or 7x Destruction 2.0 kills at once just by timing the destruction of the building properly. In addition to using C4, you can also Mortar buildings repeteadly and eventually might get a Destruction 2.0 kill - but that's a little trycky since some building stake awhile to bring down via Mortar. THe *ONLY* catch to all this most people playing the game now are smarter about jumping out of buildings before it collapses. When the game first started, this was actualy far easier because people didn't know what they were doing...

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

[QUOTE="AvatarMan96"]

jimm895

Battlefield Bad Company 2 was easy but Battlefield Bad company is one I still haven't managed to platinum yet along with Socom Confrontation.

Bad Company 1 was really tough because there was 1 bronze trophy that required you get earn *ALL* awards/ribbons/medals in the game. I don't remember exactly what, but I seem to remember a couple of the requirements being insane for me to get - so I would always be missing the medals. I think the worst one was to get 10 explosive kills in a single match. That game wasn't as fast based as BC2, so just getting 10 KILLS in a match wasn't automatic for me. But getting 10 explosive kills would require the opposite team to be complete morons just sitting there waiting to be blown up.

I think I had trouble with the vehicle awards/medals in that one as well.

Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Kurushio
Member since 2004 • 10485 Posts
Gran Turismo 5 is probably one of the hardest especially without a racing wheel. Good luck getting gold on everything.
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
Socom Confrontation and MAG have the most ridiculous trophies I've ever seen. Most people I've come across that have Socom have less than 10 trophies for it, I never got a single trophy
H_M_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 H_M_1
Member since 2011 • 1150 Posts
One of the fight night games recently released, there's that heavyweight belt requirement of which I read that two friends somewhere in the world are sharing it between themselves preventing others from getting the trophy.
hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts

I got the Red Faction and Dead Space 2 platinums. As for FEAR 2, I must agree. The worse part is after you finish a game it kicks you all the way back to the main menu and disbands everyone.

On Mirror's Edge, I am still stuck on the speed runs. I would also add MK vs DC.

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts
tbh, I haven't played any games (other than GTA IV) that the platinum was extremely difficult to get. I only have 9 plats but that's because I don't buy games simply to get a platinum trophy. I tend to only get games that I actually want to play. Having said that, out of the 9 I have, probably the ones I would consider "difficult" would be MW2 simply because of the need to play Spec Ops and FFXIII because of the incredible amount of platinum ignot and cp farming it entailed. Wasn't hard just time consuming.
-Vulpix-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 -Vulpix-
Member since 2008 • 2564 Posts

Other Ones I can think Twisted Metal, Tom Clancy's Hawx, Marvel vs Capcom 3 Fate of Two Worlds, GTAIV, Gran Turismo 5 well are all ones that come to mind.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#14 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
White Knight Chronicles. I feel sorry for anyone who platinums that thing.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d8fbc2356478
deactivated-5d8fbc2356478

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 164

#15 deactivated-5d8fbc2356478
Member since 2009 • 116 Posts

Definitely agree on F.E.A.R. 2, Far Cry 2 and GTA. For me, Killzone 2 is extremely difficult due to it's insane Elite setting and the weekly honour ranks (#1!!!!?).

I think LittleBigPlanet, Resistance 2, Gran Turismo 5 and Lost Planet 2 are hard, especially the last two (which are complete jokes).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#16 AvatarMan96
Member since 2010 • 7324 Posts

[QUOTE="jimm895"][QUOTE="AvatarMan96"]

2Chalupas

Bad Company 1 was really tough because there was 1 bronze trophy that required you get earn *ALL* awards/ribbons/medals in the game.

Oh, THAT'S the one I was thinking of!

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

The two Mortal Kombat games look ridiculously hard imo.

mikeyMKII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mikeyMKII
Member since 2009 • 754 Posts

3D Dot Game Heroes, because of a few trophies.

-Get all swords in a single playthrough.

-Beat the game without dying

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Venom_Raptor

Definitely agree on F.E.A.R. 2, Far Cry 2 and GTA. For me, Killzone 2 is extremely difficult due to it's insane Elite setting and the weekly honour ranks (#1!!!!?).

I think LittleBigPlanet, Resistance 2, Gran Turismo 5 and Lost Planet 2 are hard, especially the last two (which are complete jokes).

Mikey2K10

Yes definitely Killzone 2. To be honest, the game can present a challenge on the easiest setting, so I never even considered going through on elite - the Radec sequence would be nearly impossible lol. And the weekly honour ranks were extremely difficult and time consuming.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

"Hannah Montana" is impossible.

Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Kurushio
Member since 2004 • 10485 Posts
MK vs DC is really tough as well actually. Mostly it is doing the 10 combos for every character. I couldnt get past 4 for most of them and my finger were killing me.
koospetoors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 koospetoors
Member since 2004 • 3715 Posts
Wasn't there a game with a trophy that required you to be number one in the leaderboards? That sounds pretty hard.
Avatar image for Console_Gamer93
Console_Gamer93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 Console_Gamer93
Member since 2007 • 2712 Posts

Gran Turismo 5 was the first game that came to mind. You need to invest tons of hours into it and be fairly skilled. Lots of different cars that handle differently as well.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

gt 5...

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dalger21

mikeyMKII
Actually, I found that one quite easy. The easiest way to get the one with not dying throughout the game is beat the game with spelunker. Also, to get all the swords through one playthrough, play through a second time (you have to anyway to get the platinum) and don't buy a lot during the first playthrough. Once you start a new game, your G will carry over to the new game. Making it easier to by the swords you need. Also, there is a spot towards the end of the game where you can get massive amount of G.
PolygonBust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PolygonBust
Member since 2011 • 239 Posts

GTA IV isn't that tough, just really time consuming. AWP and Fly the co-op are a pain in the ass though.

As for BFBC2, that demolition man trophy is a b****. I play that game online almost daily and still haven't managed to get it for the plat.

I'd consider Far Cry 2 and MK vs. DC as really hard ones to get.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

Disgaea 3

-Do over 10,000,000,000 damage in a single hit.

plus a lot that rely on random chance

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8fbc2356478
deactivated-5d8fbc2356478

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 164

#28 deactivated-5d8fbc2356478
Member since 2009 • 116 Posts

MonkeySpot

...to play... :)

Warriorboy1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#29 Warriorboy1990
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts

[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

Mikey2K10

...to play... :)

Well put.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Gran Turismo 5 is probably one of the hardest especially without a racing wheel. Good luck getting gold on everything.Kurushio

More like THE hardest.

Warriorboy1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#31 Warriorboy1990
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts
Demon's Souls has a tough platinum, but that's because it's a hard game overall. I think I'm 26% of Demon's Souls. Fantastic game though.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Demon's Souls has a tough platinum, but that's because it's a hard game overall. I think I'm 26% of Demon's Souls. Fantastic game though.Warriorboy1990

I don't think Demon's Souls is really that tough to platinum, it's just it is pretty time consuming. Trying to get a pure bladestone need for one of the weapon trophies can take many hours.

mikeyMKII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mikeyMKII
Member since 2009 • 754 Posts

[QUOTE="mikeyMKII"]

dalger21

Actually, I found that one quite easy. The easiest way to get the one with not dying throughout the game is beat the game with spelunker. Also, to get all the swords through one playthrough, play through a second time (you have to anyway to get the platinum) and don't buy a lot during the first playthrough. Once you start a new game, your G will carry over to the new game. Making it easier to by the swords you need. Also, there is a spot towards the end of the game where you can get massive amount of G.

Good point, but the Dash Circuit was what really put me off. I think you had to beat a time to even get one of the swords.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts

There are many platinums I've seen over the years which immediately strike me as challenging, and here is a list of the platinums that I think are the toughest for varying reasons. Whether it is because of troubling multiplayer trophies that require boosting because of a dead community or just extremely time consuming activities, here are my picks for toughest platinums. You can add to my list (of my opinions) or create your own.

• F.E.A.R. 2:Featuring half single player and half multiplayer selection of trophies was not a good call from Monolith, since most of the multiplayer trophies are unobtainable due to an online community that was never there. This platinum would require a lot of boosting with buddies.
  • Red Faction: Guerrilla: If you can manage to persist and earn the pro times for all the demolition and transporter activities, you'll face a horrible blockade in multiplayer which requires you to not only play 250 matchmaking matches, but win 250 matches. While the multiplayer is fun, finding a game can be difficult, and of course you'll need a lot of luck to save yourself hours upon hours of playing matches.
  • Grand Theft Auto IV: Never have I seen anyone with this near-impossible plat because of an apparent multiplayer glitch trophy, and reaching the highest level is no easy feat either.
  • Motorstorm Pacific Rift: There are a lot of challenging trophies within this game because of the difficulty spikes towards the end of the game, with many trophies not earned simply through playing either. (I only managed 14% by the time I'd finished with it!)
  • Far Cry 2: Again, this platinum will take considerable time in the multiplayer mode, and I mean a lotof time.
  • Dead Space 2: Featuring a trophy that requires you to complete the game on the hardest mode and only allowed a maximum of 3 saves to make throughout the game makes this one tough platinum to earn.
  • Mirror's Edge: The time trials are where the frustrations incur in trying to earn this platinum.

Venom_Raptor

This can be said for QUITE A LOT of games unfortunately.. like some u have mentioned (far cry 2) among others like crysis 2 , medal of honor etc...

these devs are so blind to think they are going to be the next cod whose online community wont die out in a week... -.-

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

Lego Rock Band: Because of that damn "Final Countdown Trophy" where you need to get 100% on the guitar solo on Expert (and that solo is by far one of, if not the toughest solo in RB history)

Katzenbalger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Katzenbalger
Member since 2008 • 764 Posts

I usually find that the multiplayer trophies are the most aggravating ones, since they usually require a strangely specific or hard to obtain goal. Well, that or the multiplayer is just not fun (as much as i love Binary Domain, i'm never going to get the platinum since i'm not fond of the multi).

I don't think many will get the SSX plat for this reason. There's a trophy for getting all Global Event badges, and one of the badges is for competing in a global event with 50,000 other players. Considering i've had it since launch and the highest i've ever seen a GE get is 20,000 players, i don't think it's ever going to happen.

Catherine would be a horrifyingly difficult and frustrating platinum. You could probably grind out the single player ones with persistence and guides, but Babel requires a combination of precognition and luck.

Oh, and Super Street Fighter 4, the trophy for finishing every character's trials. That will make you go insane, unless you have godly reflexes and timing (and a fight stick). I only managed to finish T Hawk's trials and that was a harrowing experience (for my fingers and controller).

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Venom_Raptor

MonkeySpot

I think its sad that trophy hunters actually play kids games like that just for a platinum.

cheezy909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38 cheezy909
Member since 2006 • 1103 Posts
Some games platinum's are a joke. Especially ones which require multiplayer trophies in a dead community. GTA:IV is about the only crazy hard platinum to achieve that i can think of thats on my trophy list. Apart from Resistance 2 due to the 10,000 kills in multiplayer games one.. which happens to be the only trophy i need for the game.
dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 dalger21

Good point, but the Dash Circuit was what really put me off. I think you had to beat a time to even get one of the swords.

mikeyMKII
Yea. I agree. That was a bit annoying to do. Took me several times before I beat those circuits. Some got frustrating. I agree with you on that particular trophy for 3D Dot Game Heroes.
Marmotas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Marmotas
Member since 2004 • 2944 Posts

- Gran Turismo 5 : getting all golds can be incredibly difficult, probably impossible for many.

- Wipeout HD : all around though. Near impossible now thanks to Bling Brigade. I was so close to get it and then my PS3 died, never tried it again since i have to play the campaing on Elite and its a pain.

- Warhawk : difficult + time consuming.

- Catherine : Babel = screw that noise.

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

Dead Space 2 isn't that hard and I believe a lot of people exaggerate how hard Mirror's Edge is. Vanquish, NGS2, Wipeout HD, and Killzone 2, WaW, CoDC/CoD1 and MoHF are all some pretty hard Platinums.

soapman72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 soapman72
Member since 2010 • 2714 Posts
GTA4 and Heavy rain. My friend got a gta 4 plat legit.
Avatar image for DarkBloodPrince
DarkBloodPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DarkBloodPrince
Member since 2007 • 470 Posts

Disgaea 3

-Do over 10,000,000,000 damage in a single hit.

plus a lot that rely on random chance

Sword-Demon

as long as you have the hero prinny lvl200 trapz and a lvl 200 sword that one was easy

plus i don't mind difficult trophies i just really hate online trophies

GHO5T-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 GHO5T-
Member since 2011 • 419 Posts
Max Payne 3 has a trophy similar to the Dead Space 2 one. Except 1 death means restarting the entire game.Floppy_Jim
Just completed it (New York Minute Hardcore). Man, it was brutal. My heart was beating fast at the last chapter.
grand17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#45 grand17
Member since 2007 • 2079 Posts
warhawk has to be the hardest, bad company stumped me. i hate games that require 10,000 kills which bad company and resistance 2 had. world at war is insanely tough with the endless enemy frags
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#46 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

The hardest one that I can think of in my collection is Super Street Fighter IV

TheGrudge13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#47 TheGrudge13
Member since 2009 • 1198 Posts
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Headpopper333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Headpopper333
Member since 2009 • 924 Posts

I'd have to say Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are tough to obtain

NightStein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 NightStein
Member since 2009 • 1084 Posts
Good thread, it's always nice to see which plats are hard to obtain, i just don't like hard/time consuming online trophies at all...
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]Max Payne 3 has a trophy similar to the Dead Space 2 one. Except 1 death means restarting the entire game.GHO5T-
Just completed it (New York Minute Hardcore). Man, it was brutal. My heart was beating fast at the last chapter.

Does it have checkpoints or do you need to play the entire game in 1 sitting?