Things you want for PS4

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SonySoldier-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SonySoldier-_-
Member since 2012 • 1186 Posts

List things that you'd like to bee added for PS4.

1 - Better graphics (this is the obvious one for a lot of people)

2 - Native 1080p for most games games ( i want my 1080p hdtv to finally come to use in games)

3 - cross game chat (360 already has this)

4 - custom avatars ( the avatar selection is lacking, customs avatars would be great)

5 - better camera quality for voice chats (why is it that when im on a camera wearing a black shirt it looks blue?)

6 - improved PS3 web browser (half the time it freezes or takes forever to load for certain sites)

7 - custom sountracks for games and for voice chat ( I like to listen to music while I play, or show friends what songs i like in chats)

8 - no censorship in text chats ( a lot of words that aren't even bad words are censored, like "disconnected" lol lame)

einzfunf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 einzfunf
Member since 2009 • 69 Posts

1. 100% backwards compatibility with ps2 and ps3 games [AND ps1 games]

2. The ability to play preowned games without having to unlock them [don't know the whole story, only from what I've heard]

volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 volume_three
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

100% PS3 backward compatability is the only thing that will have me picking up a PS4 at launch. I've way too many PS3 games to get thru as is! :?

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

A new controller. The Dualshock I find uncomfortable and not nearly as ergonomic as a controller should be. Time to upgrade the controller that's had the same design since the PS1.

Before people start raging, I'd say also sell the "classic" Dualshock controller for the people who still want them.

Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#5 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts
For it to fly around and get me drinks from the fridge when I play my games. :)
thundercave01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 thundercave01
Member since 2009 • 97 Posts

i want it to have this CPUhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97uSsjjoSNM.... just for lols...

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#7 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Definitely better graphics (I think everyone wants and expects that) and I like the idea of custom avatars. It'd be good to pick something you want from the internet rather than the mostly boring ones available.

hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
1 gig cloud storage Cloud game purchases/demos 1 TB harddrive 4 gigs of ram cross game chat (so people would shut up about it) chrome internet browser included headset
Bloober_team

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Bloober_team
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

100% PS3 backward compatability is the only thing that will have me picking up a PS4 at launch.

volume_three
That will be great option, option-system-seller I suppose.
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#10 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

An architecture that doesn't leave developers saying "Sorry about the lousy port, but the cell processor was too hard for us to figure out".

Rock-solid frame rates.

No texture pop-in.

Very long draw distances (distant objects are always there and don't wait for you to get close to them before they pop into existence).

Vastly reduced loading times.

Much faster PSN.

mstrchf12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 mstrchf12
Member since 2008 • 246 Posts
Cross game chat Auto syncing trophies Auto update downloads & faster update downloads Full support for mouse and keyboard in as many games as possible (will bring FPS fans onto PS4) Skype app(although skype is now owned by MS and may not come to PS4) Full backwards compatibilty with PS1 and PS2 games at least if not PS3. Thats all....having these would make it the ideal system
TIGERLIONX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TIGERLIONX
Member since 2004 • 914 Posts

1- The hardware to run new square engine, unreal 4 and fox engine

2- more ram

3- multitasking (vita already have)

4- better wifi capabilities

5- that the launch console don't sound like a supersonic jet about to take off (fan sound)

6- FULL BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE, if not I'll not buying it ever

jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts
PS3 backwards compatible, this shouldnt be hard as they are still going to use blue ray. Trophy stats carried over from the PS3
jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts
I relly hope that they dont make it compatable with PS2 unless they offer a model without it because it is only going to drive the cost up. If they make a separate model for those that want to pay more money then go for it, but I really dont want to pay extra for a feature that I will never use.
ra84ma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ra84ma
Member since 2012 • 159 Posts

PS3 backwards compatible, this shouldnt be hard as they are still going to use blue ray. Trophy stats carried over from the PS3jcopp72

i agree :D

sadmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sadmaker
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

3D without a 3DTV

play_thegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 play_thegame
Member since 2008 • 3630 Posts
better multitasking: not having to quit the game to go into the PSN store or edit your network settings
Doctor_Dino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Doctor_Dino
Member since 2012 • 36 Posts

Backwards compatability, none of this "used game block" crap that's been rumored, hardware easy to develop for, and a less buggy online interface.

gfmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gfmetal
Member since 2003 • 94 Posts

backward compatibility (with ps3 games, don't really care about ps2) is the biggest thing for me. i don't want to buy a ps4 unless it can replace my ps3

Nightowl99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Nightowl99
Member since 2011 • 220 Posts

Full backwards compatibility

More old school style rpg's. The PS3 hardly had any this gen except a couple, but nothing worth mentioning. Everything's action rpg's these days.

More exclusive games. The PS3 has a few, but not enough really good ones.

More original games instead of a bunch of sequels, spinoffs, prequels, God of War ripoffs, GTA clones, etc.

Better selection of games in the PSN store. Pretty good now, but it could be a lot better.

Less loading time for the load screens. If possible, get rid of load screens entirely, but that's unlikely.

Other than that, I'm good.

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

faster download times

revamped PSN

no more YLOD or overheating problems

affordable price

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Since Sony has stated that they won't reveal Playstation 4 until they can offer and improvement over PS3.

Then processing power that will hold up for a good 10 years. Within reason a $400.00-$500.00 price point at launch for Playstation 4. Include a 2TB HDD at the very least.

If Sony intends to use Holographic Versatile Discs for PS4. Just use it as the storage medium for Videogames. One last go with Disc based videogames. Make the Playstation 4 backwards compatible with Playstation 3 Blu-ray games, Playstation 2 DVD Roms and Playstation CD Roms. even have a UMD disc slot. All memory card slots/readers

One last time. Sell this version of Playstation 4 with full/BC and extras one last final time for 2 years. Then give people warning before you start removing hardware features from Playstation 4. Give the people a full 2 years to purchase this full featured Playstation 4. Then that is it. Sony begin your cost cutting reductions for PS4. This is a given that Playstation 4 will be expensive.

Don't block used games, Require an always on-line connection etc.

This should be the last Playstation using the numbered system and if their is any final improvements that can be made to the DualShock controller, DualShock 4. Then do so.

This I will pay $500.00 for which is fair since it is new technology. So it is a given that Playstation 4 will be expensive, But I don't mind if it is worth it.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Since Sony has stated that they won't reveal Playstation 4 until they can offer and improvement over PS3.

Then processing power that will hold up for a good 10 years. Within reason a $400.00-$500.00 price point at launch for Playstation 4. Include a 2TB HDD at the very least.

Megavideogamer

Dream on. We'll probably be lucky if we can even get a 500 gb at launch.

Avatar image for InstantKlassick
InstantKlassick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24 InstantKlassick
Member since 2010 • 1161 Posts

Honestly, I am not a graphics nut; I really havent cared too much for graphics since the PS2. I want BC with PS2 and PS3....

wazzawazza18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#25 wazzawazza18
Member since 2009 • 936 Posts
[QUOTE="einzfunf"]

1. 100% backwards compatibility with ps2 and ps3 games [AND ps1 games YES YES YES!!!

Karnage_Kasady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Karnage_Kasady
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
A disc changer...at least 5 slots :)
Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

Honestly, I am not a graphics nut; I really havent cared too much for graphics since the PS2. I want BC with PS2 and PS3....

InstantKlassick

Why not just stick a BC PS3. Graphics are BY FAR the most important improvemen the PS4 needs to have. The second is an architecture that won't leave ps4 users with bad ports of games designed primarily around Xbox.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="Megavideogamer"]

Vari3ty

Dream on. We'll probably be lucky if we can even get a 500 gb at launch.

Hard drive doesn't matter as long as it is easily upgrdadeable upgradeable like the PS3 is.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#29 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I would love to see more fantastic games, like Heavy Rain, Uncharted, Gran Turismo, Metal Gear, Little Big Planet and so forth.

Great games that appeal to be had always been a selling point for my console purchase, that's all I really wish for. The technicality doesn't concern me - that part comes on its own. Give me great games that PS1, PS2 had and PS3 continues to deliver and I would gladly purchase PS4.

One additional request which all previous and current PlayStation consoles always had is a major selling point for me - up to date latest video format, it used to be - CD, DVD and now it's Blu-ray.

Both me and my wife are huge movie fans.

Other then that, I'm looking forward to PS4.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

What I want from PS4 is no 2013 release.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 StrongBlackVine

I would love to see more fantastic games, like Heavy Rain, Uncharted, Gran Turismo, Metal Gear, Little Big Planet and so forth.

Great games that appeal to be had always been a selling point for my console purchase, that's all I really wish for. The technicality doesn't concern me - that part comes on its own. Give me great games that PS1, PS2 had and PS3 continues to deliver and I would gladly purchase PS4.

One additional request which all previous and current PlayStation consoles always had is a major selling point for me - up to date latest video format, it used to be - CD, DVD and now it's Blu-ray.

Both me and my wife are huge movie fans.

Other then that, I'm looking forward to PS4.

Sokol4ever

The current Playstation already uses Blu-ray so I don't think that is concern for the next generation. I wish Sony could block Microsoft from using Blu-ray on the next Crapbox.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#32 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
I want PSN ID's to carry over so trophies won't be lost and purchased games from the Playstation Store can still be played. Also I obviously want it to be a significant step forward as far as technical stuff goes.
tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

Better games, better exclusives, better graphics and physical games.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I won't be ready for PS4 until around 2015. By then I'll expect quadruple 2160p output, 4D, emotion engine, and a new controller design.

buffysummer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35 buffysummer
Member since 2004 • 804 Posts

100% backwards compatibility with ps2 and ps3 games

SD Card Slot

That the ps3 doesn't died at 3 years of use or any year or month

That the ps3 accept all credit card for all aroend the world

e_stone001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 e_stone001
Member since 2007 • 1769 Posts

Ram and lots of it. Next gen will be all about performance instead of power.

needweed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 needweed
Member since 2012 • 418 Posts
Nobody mentioned this yet but I hate getting up to switch games so I would like a multi disc changer, like 2-3 discs to be able to hold inside the ps4
shaka_fo00o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 shaka_fo00o
Member since 2009 • 735 Posts

^someone did mention that^

A disc changer...at least 5 slots :)Karnage_Kasady

Head tracking

And would LOVE cross platform gaming!!! But never gonna get them to get along

Also a new controller would be cool

unrealtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39 unrealtron
Member since 2010 • 3148 Posts
I'd like to play my PS3 games and also cloud storage saves.
jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts
[QUOTE="volume_three"]

100% PS3 backward compatability is the only thing that will have me picking up a PS4 at launch.

Bloober_team

but thats really just a relative minority request. No one really uses backwards compatability enough. Plus sony is making a killing re-releasing old ps1/ps2 games....
arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#41 arcangelgold
Member since 2012 • 342 Posts
1. access to my computer without buying some app or subscription service 2. 100% backward compatibility 3. antivirus protection 4. a better internet browser 5. a new ps store where I can ACTUALLY READ THE TEXT! 6. i want blocked user to be incapable of joining any game I host 7. I want the right to sell my games, and buy used ones with no illegal fees from Sony or game manufacturers 8. a 3 year warranty 9. voice chat without needing a camera 10. free avatars, seriously we pay a ton for our games I shouldn't have to buy the dang avatar too! 11. a promise that the purchased functions of my ps4 will never be degraded or removed or overwritten to purposely make it so I can't use any of them and then get charged for services I don't want, to use any of the features I paid for.
arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 arcangelgold
[QUOTE="Bloober_team"][QUOTE="volume_three"]

jsmoke03

but thats really just a relative minority request. No one really uses backwards compatability enough. Plus sony is making a killing re-releasing old ps1/ps2 games....

That assertion is rediculous! No one uses backward compatibility because PS3 revoked it's promise and used system updates to block the promised compatibility so saying people don't use it is like saying the government locked a water well and shouldn't open it because not enough people use it. It's also rediculous to say that because they profit off of re-selling us old games we already bought we should be thrilled to continue that insulting practice so they can make money off us for things we already bought.
arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 arcangelgold
I want PSN ID's to carry over so trophies won't be lost and purchased games from the Playstation Store can still be played. Also I obviously want it to be a significant step forward as far as technical stuff goes.SoNin360
Awesome suggestion! I agree. I also want to see hackers and cheaters oblitherated!!!!
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#44 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

What would be awesome is if I could have the browser running, reading through a game/trophy guide, and then switch to actually playing the game. Of course the PS3 can't do those two things simultaneously.

H_M_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 H_M_1
Member since 2011 • 1150 Posts

What I want from PS4 is no 2013 release.

Swift_Boss_A
There is going to be no 2013 release. I will get PS4 if it's a 'significant leap' from the PS3.
coold_steam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#46 coold_steam
Member since 2007 • 670 Posts

Motion control without using external devices such as motion stick, graphic improvements, more hard drive space and ps3 compatibility.

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 soundcellx
Member since 2006 • 976 Posts

no shooters on PS4. That would be a dream.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

At least 6 to 7 gigabytes of RAM

Good Launch line up that gives me a motive to buy it

Reasonable price (starting at either $329.99 or $299.99)

Sony bought Gakkai, I expect a rich, fun, innovative Online experience that MORE than rivals Steam and Xbox Live

A more drastic approach to the Multimedia front. Consoles sales have been falling short under the radar and Smartphones & Tablets are ascending. I'd say Sony should go with a Tablet, Multimedia console that you can connect to your TV and serve as a portable Tablet for the go. Microsoft will most certainly be doing this, so why let them get ahead of the pack?

Recreate the Dualshock controller with a smart/innovative design that can fit well with a Tablet

Invest money in genres that GENERATES money and scares the competition. Such as MMO's

Find a way to get Mods to the PS4 seeing how tremendously beneficial it has been for PC gaming

ddlcpc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ddlcpc
Member since 2007 • 887 Posts

Next Gen innovation... and no backward compatibility.... Get over it ladies and gents its not pc....

11thHeaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 11thHeaven
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Backwards compatability. There's little reson to blow hundreds on a new console at launch if there's only a handful of half decent launch titles, but if I have no other console and knew that I could play my favourite PS2/PS3 games on it, that could be a huge selling point.