These are the games you should be looking for this fall (56k) updated (28 games)

• 124 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nc_soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nc_soldier
Member since 2004 • 789 Posts

I decided to put up a list of the games comeing this year that could be worth buying. Life as a ps3 owner is good, and here's why =). I'll first list my planned buys for the rest of the year and then the games that could be good.

Septemer 1. The action RPG Rise of the Argonauts, at a time with few and far between good rpg's this is just what im looking for, only question I still want answered is, will it be long? In and interview the director said 20 hours - a good length without side quest's, if it's with... we'll then I would be worried.

Rise of the Argonauts Picture

October 1. Farcry 2, you've heard of this game, and it'll be awsome!

Far Cry 2  Screenshot

October 7. Fallout 3. Agian, you've heard of it and it'll be an awsome rpg =).

Fallout 3 Screenshot

October 14. Socom, a must buy game for tps fans!

SOCOM: Confrontation Screenshot

November 3 (some1 said it's actually october in a post). Bioshock, this great game is comeing to the ps3 and with extra content! how can you not buy it??

BioShock Screenshot

And there you go, 5 games, thats one for each month the rest of the year! if they would only be abit more spread out, 3 of them are comeing in the same month =|.

And I haven't even listed these!:

Resistance 2, comeing November 4. Why isn't it on my list? Well, simply because I have to many fps and both Far cry 2 and bioshock does something more special then what I've seen of R2, with the open world in far cry 2 and the plasmids and story in biosohck. oh and btw that image is from an in'engine cut-scene, the demo at e3 was far from a completed lvl, could it end up looking this good maybe?=)

Resistance 2 Screenshot

October 7. Motorstorm pacific rift. The first was ok, good gameplay but a lack of content, that's changed in the sequel though! Why isn't it on my list? Well raceing games are fun, but I prefer games driven by a story ;)

MotorStorm: Pacific Rift Screenshot

October 21. Little big planet. You should have heard of it, and you should know why this game could be AAAAE. So why isn't it on my list? even though it seems awsome I just dont see my self sitting down playing it over a longer period of time instead of a good shooter or rpg.

LittleBigPlanet Screenshot

November 11. Valkyria Chronicles. A srpg. I love the art**** but I'm not to excited about the gameplay. Could be the game just for you though if you want some more rpg's.

Valkyria Chronicles Screenshot

Dead space comeing october 20 (YEA another game this month!!) , horror game set in space! It looks rly good, but it's not my type of game, for any horror fan though it's something to keep an eye on.

Dead Space Screenshot

Tomb Raider Underworld, out November 18. It could be good, I'm not to excited about this one simply because so much of the game takes place in water (I hated to swim around in the old games) but if you're ok with that then this could be a great adventure/action game to play. It's olso the first time Lara makes her way onto the ps3.

Tomb Raider Underworld Screenshot

Mercenaries 2 World in flames, out august 31. It's like GTA, just with more weapons! and you can destroy EVERYTHING! How can that not be fun?? So why is it not on my must buy list? Simply because I dont have enough money to buy everything=/

Mercenaries 2: World in Flames Screenshot

End War, comeing out october 15. End War - RTS, but it's no normal RTS, if you want to you can controll everything with your voice! Commanding armies of your own like a real commander of future wars will, well, if you're gonna belive the devs behind it alteast. If you're into RTS games you got to keep an eye on this one. Why isn't it on my must buy list? I haven't seen enough of it to make a real opinion yet, and even if I had I wouldn't have the money to buy it =|

Tom Clancy's EndWar Screenshot

Fracture, yes one more game in october (7) , thats awsome right? Then we'll all just need one trip to the store and we'll have enough games for months to come? or maybe not.... In this game you got guns, but these guns can actually change the environment, crazy eh? Could be cool though, it has some potential. Why is it not on my must buy list? I dont know enough about it to be excited, and from the little I've seen it seems like it'll be a good game and not an awsome one like so many of the above are. I but it on here because of the potential though, it does some things I haven't seen in a game before atleast.

Fracture Screenshot

Silent hill homecomeing out september 30. It's a silent hill game, that means horror, yes thats all I know. Im guessing it'll be a pretty good game though, the last onces were right? So if you like horror keep this one in mind.

Silent Hill: Homecoming Screenshot

Disgaea 3 absence of justice, comeing august 26. It's a jrpg I think? which is good since there are so few of them atm. I would be all over it if it was abit more current gen tech behind it=P. But if that doesn't matter at all to you, then you've got a great jrpg to buy pretty soon actually. Btw from what I understand this picture looks alot better then what actuall gameplay does.

Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice Screenshot

SoulCalibur 4 Out NOW! What is it? A fighter, a good one too I hear (8,7 at ign), but I've never played a game in the series so I cant rly comment. Why isn't this on my must buy list? Not my type of game... But if you like fighters, then go buy it I guess? ahhhhh, Vader =)

Soulcalibur IV Screenshot

Ghost Busters the video game, comeing, ehm, never? neh, It seems like it's still comeing, but it might be delayed though, who knows, IGN still says october 21. What is it? Well, it's Ghost Busters... if you're a fan go buy it? if not then dont? I rly dont know anything about this game, but alot of ppl seem to be excited for it so it cant be that bad, or maybe it will be?=|

Ghostbusters: The Video Game Screenshot

Naruto Ultimate ninja storm, yes october (14) again. I played the demo on ps store, it was cool, I liked the fighting, but that's all I can say, I dont know anything abut this game or the Naruto series, or thats not true, I know that Naruto is a Ninja, Ninja games are fun aren't they?

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Screenshot

Oh, I forgot this one. Mirrors edge, comeing this november (11). You run around in first person, delivering importent messages, to importent ppl I guess? Something the cops of this world aren't to happy about, so you're escapeing alot from them too. It actually looks rly good imo, but there just isn't enough room on my must buy list =( Maybe I cant get some1 to give it to me for xmas =).

Mirror's Edge Screenshot

Brother in arms hell's highway september 23, it was delayed again, only a few weeks though. What is it? R6 vegas set in ww2, ok thats maybe not the best way to describe it, but they are both fps games and they both use a third person cover system and in both you control your fellow soldiers. Ye I know, we've all played far to many shooters set in ww2, but this one actually looks rly good imo, and I like the cover system used in this game. It's even supposed to have a pretty good story. So why am I not buying it? Because in the end it would be "just one more fps" in my allrdy far to big collection of games in that genre.

Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway Screenshot

Prins of Persia (I dont know if this will be the full name?), out november 18. I've never played this series, but ppl say it's rly good. But atleast you play as a prince who's rly good at fighting, you got some girl with awsome powers helping you out, and instead of tons of enemies you'll fight fewer, but rly epic battles through out the game (think mini bosses instead of waves of bad guys). This one is supposed to let you go anywhere at any time, something the last games didn't, and look at THAT art st-yle It looks amazing. This game will most likely turn out rly good. So why arn't I buying it? Never played the series so im no huge fan, maybe I can become one though, if again, I get someone to give it to me for xmas.

Prince of Persia Screenshot

Project origin. Out october 1. This is FEAR 2, but for some reason they changed the name, I dont remember why. What is it? A fps but with some cool twists. You have some kick ass melee attacks, plus a rly awsome slow motion effect, and a scary little girl is running around killing dudes in rly scary ways. If you liked the first one or want a mix of horror and some good fps action keep this one in mind. (as you see it's nice and bloody too)

Project Origin Screenshot

Call of duty World at War out november 11. Yep another one. Back to WW2, which might be bad? or maybe good, impossible to say. If you're not totally sick of fps set in WW2 just yet, then you should check it out. And we've all played a cod game at some point so you all know what type of game this is.

Call of Duty: World at War Screenshot

Star Wars the force unleashed out september 16. Alot of ppl asked for this one so here it is. What is it? A Third person action game. And since it's star wars you ofc play as a jedi (a dark one this time, even though I heard you could actually turn good at the end) which means you have a lightsaber and some awsome force powers. Why did I first put it on my list now? It doesn't have any online play, it will most like be a 6-10 h game with no replay value, but it does have some awsome tech behind it though. So ye, imo dont even think of buying this game no matter how awsome tech it uses, but alot of ppl seem to have decided to do so allrdy=P

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Screenshot

Eternal sonata, out November 4. It's a jrpg, something many are waiting for, and here we have one. It's allrdy out on the 360 where it got a 8.3 on ign so it's without doubt a good game and something jrpg fans should keep in mind. It has a rly cool artst-yle and looks rly good all around. It uses some type of turn based fighting system, but from what I understand it changes through out the game giveing you more and more controll the further you progress. And this is a jrpg, it's to big and complex to explain everything in a short and easy way, so go read about it if you're rdy for som jrpg action! (I think we might be getting some exclusive content too;))

Eternal Sonata Picture

Midnight club los angeles, comeing october 7. It's a street racing game I think? I dont rly know much about this series, but ppl seem to enjoy it, and the last few games were AAA on Ign. So if this one is just as good as the others it's a game any (arcade?) raceing fan should keep in mind.

Midnight Club: Los Angeles Screenshot

The lord of the rings conquest, comeing november 4. This game will be like battlefront for the ps2, but set in the LOTR world ofc, which means bow and arrows instead of blasters, swords instead of lightsabers and you even get to play as the balrog (that's what it's called right?), Sauron and pretty much everything else you could think of. If you dont know what type of game battlefront was, just think battlefield, it's build around the same gameplay concept. I myself was a fan of the first battlefront and I think this one can turn out rly good. So it's one to watch ppl. ofc this game just as the battlefront games most likely isn't gonna be that AAA title you've been waiting for, but huge battles are allways fun ;) (and yes, you can play as that troll!)

The Lord of the Rings: Conquest Screenshot

The games some ppl have asked for that are not one here now either has an 09 date, a TBA 08 (which pretty much means 09) or I dont think they deserve to be on there. And I dont list PSN games. (socom is also on blu-ray).

(Every date on this list is taken from IGN, some could be wrong)

Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Furi-Kun
Member since 2007 • 10903 Posts
where is dead space?
nc_soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nc_soldier

where is dead space?Furi-Kun

Ah, forgot about that, not a game I'll be buying though.

eric252

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 eric252
Member since 2008 • 594 Posts
All those games look good. I can't decide what game for October.
nc_soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nc_soldier

All those games look good. I can't decide what game for October.eric252

I'll be buying both far cry 2 and fallout 3 that month, socom i'll maybe get in december. They're all more then worth getting =)

navigata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 navigata
Member since 2005 • 7619 Posts

Im gonna get a bunch of gifts for my bday in october.

In particular, im really lookin forward to KZ2 and Socom confrontation both look like great games

nc_soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nc_soldier

Im gonna get a bunch of gifts for my bday in october.

In particular, im really lookin forward to KZ2 and Socom confrontation both look like great games

navigata

Ah, lucky you, brithday at just the right time=P. And ye kz2 looks awsome, not comeing out until nexy year though.

bob4941

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bob4941
Member since 2008 • 145 Posts
ahh so much to get in october. ill have no money for christmas.:cry: but got to have socom and fallout.:D
nc_soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nc_soldier

ahh so much to get in october. ill have no money for christmas.:cry: but got to have socom and fallout.:Dbob4941

you should find a way to pick up far cry 2 too though, it'll be different from anything we've ever played before. The fire simulation and all that stuff, it looks so good.

equanox214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 equanox214
Member since 2005 • 167 Posts
bioshock is truly an amazing game i have it on my xbox i hope it translates well to the ps3 it freaked the hell out of me
nc_soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nc_soldier

bioshock is truly an amazing game i have it on my xbox i hope it translates well to the ps3 it freaked the hell out of meequanox214

How long is it?

JumpingMirrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 JumpingMirrior
Member since 2004 • 11495 Posts
I dont know what to get for October! ALl iknow is Little Big Planet is a MUST! Besides that.. Im not sure.
nc_soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nc_soldier

I dont know what to get for October! ALl iknow is Little Big Planet is a MUST! Besides that.. Im not sure. JumpingMirrior

if you buy fallout 3 or far cry you'll atleast get yourself a long game, with sides quests fallout 3 will reach a good 100 hours and far cry 2 50 hours =) And socom has just as much value if you like online play. You simply should buy them all=P

T-Machine99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 T-Machine99
Member since 2007 • 1848 Posts

Nice list, thanks. There's alot of games comming out.

You also forgot MAG. 256 players!!

gera34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gera34
Member since 2008 • 343 Posts

All those games look good. I can't decide what game for October.eric252

im getting fallout, farcry, socom, r2, and maybe LBP and Dead space

buffdaddy500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 buffdaddy500
Member since 2003 • 644 Posts
no love for tomb raider
LURCH87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LURCH87
Member since 2008 • 1375 Posts
none:|
nc_soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nc_soldier

Nice list, thanks. There's alot of games comming out.

You also forgot MAG. 256 players!!

T-Machine99

MAG is a 2009 or 2010 game, This list is just for this fall ;)

verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9196 Posts
My wallet is already crying and its only July! :cry:
nc_soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 nc_soldier
Ah crap, Ign actually has Rise of the argonauts listed for december 31 in uk/europe, argh I was hopeing to play this game while waiting for fallout 3=/ We'll see though, december 31 seems like a kinda weird date to release it.
equanox214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 equanox214
Member since 2005 • 167 Posts

[QUOTE="equanox214"]bioshock is truly an amazing game i have it on my xbox i hope it translates well to the ps3 it freaked the hell out of menc_soldier

How long is it?

i think on average about 9 hours its pretty long. but i usualy take my time with games also theres alot of exploration so it took me longer

zeriva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 zeriva
Member since 2007 • 4531 Posts

Nice list

Can anybody explain to me what's the point of putting 56K at the end of a topic? What does it mean? 56 thousand posts?

nc_soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nc_soldier

Nice list

Can anybody explain to me what's the point of putting 56K at the end of a topic? What does it mean? 56 thousand posts?

zeriva

It's a warning to ppl with a crappy online connection that there are lots of pics in the thread.

zeriva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 zeriva
[QUOTE="zeriva"]

Nice list

nc_soldier

It's a warning to ppl with a crappy online connection that there are lots of pics in the thread.

Oh I see, thanks for the answer.

nc_soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nc_soldier
[QUOTE="nc_soldier"]

[QUOTE="equanox214"]bioshock is truly an amazing game i have it on my xbox i hope it translates well to the ps3 it freaked the hell out of meequanox214

How long is it?

i think on average about 9 hours its pretty long. but i usualy take my time with games also theres alot of exploration so it took me longer

9 hours????? that short when there's no online=o I though it was 20hours + if you did a good amount of exploration.

Rhetorix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Rhetorix
Member since 2003 • 208 Posts

Just thought i should warn you if you haven't played bioshock, dont get super hyped about it. I played it with my roommates on 360, and i was laughing my way through it. I think if you try not to take it too seriously its a pretty good game, not the best shooter by far, good art design, but everytime i saw the little girls i would just start cracking up. Maybe it's just me. its one of those games (along with GTAIV) that have recently been hyped out of control.

LBP for the win

nc_soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 nc_soldier

Just thought i should warn you if you haven't played bioshock, dont get super hyped about it. I played it with my roommates on 360, and i was laughing my way through it. I think if you try not to take it too seriously its a pretty good game, not the best shooter by far, good art design, but everytime i saw the little girls i would just start cracking up. Maybe it's just me. its one of those games (along with GTAIV) that have recently been hyped out of control.

LBP for the win

Rhetorix

I think I'll like it, but is it just 9 hours long as equanox214 is saying??

Becent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Becent
Member since 2005 • 603 Posts

LBP

R2

Fallout 3

Bioshock

Maybe some Farcry!

Good month to be a gamer...I'm not gonna get out of that month without looking like a nerd lol...that's if I even have the money to get those games

t431

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 t431
Member since 2007 • 65 Posts
I know these games are your opinions but what about Mercenaries 2 and Endwar, both of those games are gonna kick a**!
robobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 robobie
Member since 2007 • 2172 Posts
[QUOTE="Rhetorix"]

LBP for the win

nc_soldier

I played it on the 360 and I believe its longer than nine hours. Took me a couple of days to complete it..!

nc_soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 nc_soldier
[QUOTE="nc_soldier"][QUOTE="Rhetorix"]

LBP for the win

robobie

I played it on the 360 and I believe its longer than nine hours. Took me a couple of days to complete it..!

Good, a nine hours game without any online is too short.

nc_soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 nc_soldier

I know these games are your opinions but what about Mercenaries 2 and Endwar, both of those games are gonna kick a**!t431

They're on there now ;)

Avatar image for QuebecSuperstar
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 QuebecSuperstar
Member since 2006 • 4178 Posts
You omitted one of my most wanted games, also an October release: Fracture
Ipik_Fenris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ipik_Fenris
Member since 2005 • 3627 Posts

from that list im 100% sure im getting : Resistance 2

and in my shopping sight: Motorstorm 2, LBP, Far Cry 2, Socom

Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Krigon
Member since 2005 • 5591 Posts

You put a mediocre Merc 2 and no Silent Hill: homecoming or disgaea 3 and u forget Resident evil 5.

Star wars: force unleashed????

Fat Princess, Ratchet and clank:quest for booty, Bionic Commando 2 , Bionic Commando Rearmed , Street figther 4, Soul Calibur 4

Flower.

:s

zeriva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 zeriva

You put a mediocre Merc 2 and no Silent Hill: homecoming or disgaea 3 and u forget Resident evil 4.

Krigon

Resident Evil 4?

Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Krigon
Member since 2005 • 5591 Posts
[QUOTE="Krigon"]

You put a mediocre Merc 2 and no Silent Hill: homecoming or disgaea 3 and u forget Resident evil 4.

zeriva

Resident Evil 4?

fixed

Avatar image for Meko_Gear_Solid
Meko_Gear_Solid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Meko_Gear_Solid
Member since 2008 • 583 Posts
not a bad list but it could b way better star wars force unleahed yakuza kenzan killzone 2 ghost busters tekken 6 street fighter 4 just 2 name a small ammount u missed good topic though
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#39 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

Far Cry 2 and Dead Space all the way man. This is a LEET thread. Thank you for taking the time to refresh my memory about why I play video games. Far Cry 2 looks just as good as Crysis if not better. I'm extremely impressed with Ubisoft. They took a game that was suppose to be a PC exclusive and implemented that same engine on the consoles. Now, if that doesnt scream FPS of the year then, I dont know.

Dead Space has my stomach churning in a GOOD way. Dissecting Alien bodies into pieces of space gunk is a sure winner. Graphics are top-notch and the atmosphere brings me back to the days of BioShock (times 100). What can I say, I'm lovin' how this game is turning out.

I'm lookin' forward to blowing things up in Mercenaries 2.

I know this is the PS3 forum but I'm looking foward to Crysis Warhead. I'm a Crysis junkie.

Motorstorm might just be the game to get me back into the racing genre. Sweet graphics and lots of racing action to match.

Resistance 2. 300-foot boss fight. Need I say more? Viva La Resistance! :P

Rise of the Argonauts. When no one heard about this game, I was praising it. Something about it screamed "potential." It will be a hit or miss. Hopefully, it screams success.

Little Big Planet - no need to comment. I'm buying it day one.

Same for Fallout 3. :P

Im a fan of Valkyrie games and I like cell-shaded graphics. I'll will wait for more info.

I'll be rebuying BioShock for the PS3 because I sold it on the Xbox 360. Hopefully, the extra DLC will hold me over and warrant a worthy purchase. I still think this game could use a masterful multiplayer. And no, I dont want to hear, "This game doesnt need an MP. It's great as a single-player." I dont want to hear it. :P

ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ReaperV7
Member since 2008 • 6756 Posts
wheres naturto : ultimate ninja storm? wheres
shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
Those of us that are PS3/360 owners are going to be broke to the 2nd power.
ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ReaperV7

Those of us that are PS3/360 owners are going to be broke to the 2nd power.shaunchgo

more like to the 3rd power...im so screwed ...i even added up all the games im getting...for me its gonna be around $600 dollars WITHOUT tax.....

the games im getting are valkyria chronicles, naruto: ultimate ninja storm, resistance 2, gears of war 2, fable 2, fallout 3, little big planet, left 4 dead, far cry 2, mirror's edge....wow wow we wow...

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#43 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts
I hate the character design in Mercenaries 2. If I cant stand looking at my character I cant play the game.
ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ReaperV7

I hate the character design in Mercenaries 2. If I cant stand looking at my character I cant play the game.finalfantasy94

you dont like mattias :shock:

he looks like a bad ass 8)

Avatar image for QuebecSuperstar
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 QuebecSuperstar
Member since 2006 • 4178 Posts

You put a mediocre Merc 2 and no Silent Hill: homecoming or disgaea 3 and u forget Resident evil 5.

Fat Princess, Ratchet and clank:quest for booty, Bionic Commando 2 , Bionic Commando Rearmed , Street figther 4, Soul Calibur 4

Flower.

:s

Krigon

Maybe you should read the thread's title once more.

mgkennedy5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#46 mgkennedy5
Member since 2005 • 1501 Posts
That sounds like most of the games I want :) Although Mercs 2 looks just teeny bit too over the top
vivelaps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 vivelaps3
Member since 2007 • 1060 Posts
I agree with all these games but I wont buy them all so I will buy bioshock and resistance 2
Brickz187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Brickz187
Member since 2007 • 994 Posts
Dnt kno man WAY too many games....Far Cry2 Madden09 and Fallout3 will probably all I get
gamerkid600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 gamerkid600
Member since 2008 • 435 Posts

I am so lucky because my birthday is in October, but there is too many games to choose from. :(

david_lck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#50 david_lck
Member since 2005 • 3211 Posts

Damn its only July and i have just bought a ps3 with four games so far and already the choices for my next game is overwhelming!