The PSP is gradually declining......

• 131 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JRYAN34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 JRYAN34
Member since 2007 • 373 Posts

1) Homebrewers are ruining the PSP

2) Limited released games

3) Short Games

4) Graphics

5) Quality of Games

A new system is in the making..........

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

3) Short Games

4) Graphics

5) Quality of Games

JRYAN34

Care to elaborate on those? Especially number 4.

lucky326

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 lucky326
Member since 2006 • 3799 Posts
Have you lost is? Havent you seen the sales in Japan? It's the highest there so far this year.
Panzeram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Panzeram
Member since 2008 • 653 Posts
Have you lost is? Havent you seen the sales in Japan? It's the highest there so far this year.lucky326

Japan isn't North America.
Sony says they are waiting for the market to demand new PSP stuff, instead of actually doing anything to make us happy. Have you seen the last Firmware updates? They are horrible, instead of stepping up and making the PSP better for us, they only say that they will, and then we have to wait forever. The PSP is on a decline, and Sony is to blame.
OmegaOrtega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 OmegaOrtega
Member since 2004 • 4502 Posts
As far as the US goes, it is gradually declining because of people copying PSP games to their memory sticks.
JRYAN34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JRYAN34
do you know what graphics are?
JRYAN34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JRYAN34

Have you lost is? Havent you seen the sales in Japan? It's the highest there so far this year.lucky326

I thought we were in the USA?

Avatar image for torontomapleafs
torontomapleafs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 torontomapleafs
Member since 2006 • 2019 Posts

Yeah i agree it is. It seems to me Sony is basically done with the PSP.

Hells_Hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 Hells_Hammer
Member since 2007 • 972 Posts

As far as the US goes, it is gradually declining because of people copying PSP games to their memory sticks. OmegaOrtega

Well, then Nintendo is flat broke with the thousands of GBA and DS flashcarts that are available all over the world, let alone the US.

Anyway, I got into PSP really late. My only real complaint is that there are only a handful of AAA titles worth owning. There are tons of games, but most just aren't worth the cost.

Sony seems to focus more on firmware than they do on software.

silvok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 silvok
Member since 2004 • 42 Posts
I agree, psp is going down, instead of comming out with new colors, multimedia, and other crap....come out with games...we want games!!! and good ones!!
bmsaareagles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#12 bmsaareagles
Member since 2007 • 967 Posts
[QUOTE="JRYAN34"]

3) Short Games

4) Graphics

5) Quality of Games

Storm_Marine

Care to elaborate on those? Especially number 4.

yah, Crisis cCore, Secret Agent Clank, and all the others don't make sence also

kikook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 kikook
Member since 2003 • 1899 Posts

3) Short Games

4) Graphics

5) Quality of Games

JRYAN34

First off Homebrews are raising the sales of the Psp. Why wouldnt you want to have you favorite PS1 game,GBA, or SNES game on you Psp.

2. Psp has as much games as the 360, and PS3

3. All games are like that now

4. FF7 Crisis Core has graphics that rival consoles

5. And have you even played the PSP lately?

kikook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 kikook
Member since 2003 • 1899 Posts
Forgot to mention. Sony came out and said that Homebrew has raised sales 25%, So its helping more than hurting.
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts

Forgot to mention. Sony came out and said that Homebrew has raised sales 25%, So its helping more than hurting.kikook

that sounds about right.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#16 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
Kingdom Hearts is coming late this year early next so they're still making games for it. Why would they announce a PSP 2 when one of the big games is coming out in the following months?
ORANGE666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ORANGE666
Member since 2008 • 42 Posts

1. PSP homebrew has raised their sales a lot

2. Homebrew is not against the law. It is legal to do so. What is illegal is pirating games and that's what's causing developers to not make games on the PSP

3.Sony has made firmware 4.01 which stops homebrew to a certain extent.

4. Game pirating and homebrew will be dead in a few years cause sony has made unhackable batterys

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts
i dont know but i think psp is really popular cuz im seeing alot fo poeple playing the psp's i mean everywhere in the mall , in college , in the bus , trains , everywhere .. i dont think psp is declining :D
FlashCharge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#19 FlashCharge
Member since 2007 • 2239 Posts
It would do Sony little good to make it psp community upset. I am sure that new things are on the horizon but that the psp will still focus their attention.
megagene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 megagene
Member since 2005 • 23160 Posts

i dont know but i think psp is really popular cuz im seeing alot fo poeple playing the psp's i mean everywhere in the mall , in college , in the bus , trains , everywhere .. i dont think psp is declining :Dfinalstar2007

This much is true. I see people playing PSP's everywhere I go whether it be at the mall or on the subway. What irks me is that it sometimes feels like we all have this marvelous little gadget, and we all want its continued success, but we don't get anything for it besides new colors and lame firmwares. We just want games. Good games and lots of them. Every day on various PSP boards that I frequent, it's always the same thread and complaint being made over and over again: We want MORE GAMES.

Zeppy007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Zeppy007
Member since 2008 • 558 Posts
[QUOTE="JRYAN34"]

3) Short Games

4) Graphics

5) Quality of Games

kikook

First off Homebrews are raising the sales of the Psp. Why wouldnt you want to have you favorite PS1 game,GBA, or SNES game on you Psp.

2.There may be as many games but thats because most are crappy ps2 ports.

3.Well the GTA on the psp is short like 10 hours and the one on the 360 is 40 hours.

4.FF7 Crisis Core has Cutscenes that rival the ps2 grapics and gameplay grapics that rival the ps1

5.the only games worth buying in 2008 on psp are God of War Chains of olimpas ,Secret agent Clank,andFF7 Crisis core.

psp_mtness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 psp_mtness
Member since 2008 • 815 Posts

3) Short Games

4) Graphics

5) Quality of Games

JRYAN34
of the list you have compiled i would only agree with number 2, and it is something that sony are addressing, they have recently gone round to a bunch of developers explaining how to develop good games for the psp. Every console has hacking issues not just psp. The title of your topic didnt state locations, so ove the past 2 months in japan only one week was it not the most sold console(the week ps3 took the title with mgs4 release), its sold over 2 million copies there alone. Graphics, armmmm its later releases have been said to rival the ps2 and for a hand held thats quite an acheivement. I think there are still plenty of people getting into the psp and im not at all concerned over the situation.
sk8erwarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#23 sk8erwarlock
Member since 2007 • 533 Posts
[QUOTE="JRYAN34"]

3) Short Games

4) Graphics

5) Quality of Games

psp_mtness

of the list you have compiled i would only agree with number 2, and it is something that sony are addressing, they have recently gone round to a bunch of developers explaining how to develop good games for the psp. Every console has hacking issues not just psp. The title of your topic didnt state locations, so ove the past 2 months in japan only one week was it not the most sold console(the week ps3 took the title with mgs4 release), its sold over 2 million copies there alone. Graphics, armmmm its later releases have been said to rival the ps2 and for a hand held thats quite an acheivement. I think there are still plenty of people getting into the psp and im not at all concerned over the situation.

1. The psp is actually doing better now with all the new games releasing

2. Quit complaining,

Carl0009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#24 Carl0009
Member since 2004 • 495 Posts
[QUOTE="psp_mtness"][QUOTE="JRYAN34"]

3) Short Games

4) Graphics

5) Quality of Games

sk8erwarlock

1. The psp is actually doing better now with all the new games releasing

2. Quit complaining,

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

do you know what graphics are?JRYAN34

Umm...yeah. Do you? :|

[QUOTE="lucky326"]Have you lost is? Havent you seen the sales in Japan? It's the highest there so far this year.JRYAN34

I thought we were in the USA?

Because USA = the world, and all Gamespot users are American? :roll:

linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts
i think that you need to rethink things there tc, the psp is doing fine, its not to the ds;s level of success, but its still respectable
lostcali8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lostcali8
Member since 2005 • 2548 Posts
[QUOTE="JRYAN34"]

3) Short Games

4) Graphics

5) Quality of Games

kikook

1. If you honestly believe custom firmware is raising psp sales I don't even know what to say to you..

2. PSP probably has half the titles next gen consoles already have. Not to mention all their future titles.

3. what?...

4. Crisis Core is a single game. It's also a console defining one. Not really a fair game to measure others against because really no other games are like it.

5. Theres a lot a good games and a lot a bad ones. Certainly enough to warrant an opinion either way..

Flipperat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Flipperat
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

IT IS WAAY easier to pirate games on the DS!! But, maybe all the little kids and old ppl that buy it cant/wouldnt do it?

Anyway, Dissidia will be released this year!! ...america does not = world.

dunny55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dunny55
Member since 2007 • 819 Posts

3) Short Games

4) Graphics

5) Quality of Games

JRYAN34

well of what we have right now with the psp, its fine. we have alot of great games for the psp...problem is, there arent anymore coming out. and the new firmware updates suck. yeah so, the psp just needs games! GAMES GAMES GAMES! and better firmware updates.

oh and if the psp is in decline, why would they make a new system? think about it. its like making a sequel to a crappy game that no one ever played.

sky_fira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 sky_fira
Member since 2007 • 135 Posts
everyone needs to settle down , there's just a bit of a draught for games in general these days it's hard to come up with great games as everything has been done already. Furhter more the psp has about twenty must have games for it , perhaps even more that I am yet to obtain , be patient and they'll release something great. In other words people need to stop **** about lack of games and accept that gaming has slowed down in output
JRYAN34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 JRYAN34
Once the winter hits a lot of PSP owners are going to be upset............
l3laZeX3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 l3laZeX3
Member since 2007 • 252 Posts

Homebrew might raise PSP sales but it doesn't help the game developers who are more discouraged to produce games for the PSP.

Oh and that one guy who tried to use the llogic that there are flashcarts for the ds does that mean the DS is dying as well... look at the game sales.

sky_fira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 sky_fira
Member since 2007 • 135 Posts

Homebrew might raise PSP sales but it doesn't help the game developers who are more discouraged to produce games for the PSP.

Oh and that one guy who tried to use the llogic that there are flashcarts for the ds does that mean the DS is dying as well... look at the game sales.

l3laZeX3

do you recall hearing that thte psp outsells DS 2: 1 so its likely that they're affected but it's just a little less public -_____-

joeychew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 joeychew
Member since 2003 • 4580 Posts
it is doing pretty well in the US, and top in Japan. i am sure new titles will be announce in this year E3.
Hopewellone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Hopewellone
Member since 2005 • 356 Posts

I agree the PSP is in decline due mostly to buzz. God of War, Secret Agent Clank, Crisis Core are all good titles. But 40 dollars a pop good? At the length and replay value that they are? Plus once you eliminate the redundant console ports which are much better on the PS2 and PS3, there's not much that's really essential gaming. The biggest problem with the PSP is that whatever good games there are, there's better versions elsewhere. If the PSP had a second analog stick so we could get the camera system we're used to, the FPS games we're used, then maybe things would improve. E3 would rock my world if they introduced an upgraded PSP with a second analog stick. Plus a backward compatibility patch for the good titles, that would slow the decline.

djumays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 djumays
Member since 2007 • 32 Posts

it is doing pretty well in the US, and top in Japan. i am sure new titles will be announce in this year E3.joeychew

whaTs E3 ?

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

I disagree, the PSP is not declining, personally its still the best handheld (imo)... sales for the PSP are doing fine, and this year alone we got some great titles... Patapon, GOW, FF:CC, Secret Agent Clank, also Silent Hill origins & Syphon Filter: Logans Shadow are worth listing too... there are many others worth listing...

Hopefully at E3 Sony will announce some games coming out on PSP, since they know its doing well and focus should be given to the PSP...

dravelz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 dravelz
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
jyran, maybe psp isnt your interest. so why should psp haters even bother? you will only praise the consoles you like, we praise our own. sounds quite fair isnt it?
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#39 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

No offence but the PSP was never that huge to begin with aside from it's launch year.

It's not a bad platform, but success wise it's about on par with the Gamecube.

So really, how can something be on a decline just now, when it hit it's peak shortly out the gate?

It'll probably finish just like the Gamecube did. We'll be seeing some decent releases every several month and then it'll have a swan song. From that point it'll just be releasing a bunch of linced games that arent really that great.

Yorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#40 Yorro
Member since 2007 • 715 Posts

Because USA = the world, and all Gamespot users are American? :roll:

Storm_Marine

Don't make generalizations.

4. Game pirating and homebrew will be dead in a few years cause sony has made unhackable batterys

ORANGE666

You don't need batteries to hack the PSP

philsphan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 philsphan123
Member since 2006 • 687 Posts
[QUOTE="kikook"][QUOTE="JRYAN34"]

3) Short Games

4) Graphics

5) Quality of Games

Zeppy007

2.There may be as many games but thats because most are crappy ps2 ports.

3.Well the GTA on the psp is short like 10 hours and the one on the 360 is 40 hours.

4.FF7 Crisis Core has Cutscenes that rival the ps2 grapics and gameplay grapics that rival the ps1

5.the only games worth buying in 2008 on psp are God of War Chains of olimpas ,Secret agent Clank,andFF7 Crisis core.

2. Not that many gams are PS2 ports. If anything there are PS2 ports of PSP games

3. GTA LCS and VCS are basically EXPANSIONS of GTA 3 and GTA VC, which means it's not going to be that long

4. Have you even played Crisis Core? Gameplay and Cutscenes rival PS2 graphics but FMVs rival PS3 graphics.

chamathoiiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 chamathoiiii
Member since 2007 • 93 Posts
what do you know about the graphics in the psp?
charrr1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 charrr1234
Member since 2007 • 685 Posts

3.Sony has made firmware 4.01 which stops homebrew to a certain extent.

ORANGE666

The firmware has been hacked since 2.71, so it doesn't matter what Sony does now, it won't stop homebrew or pirates.

ORANGE666

Datel makes Tool batteries, which are the equivalent of "hacked" batteries.

sneakShaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 sneakShaker
Member since 2008 • 316 Posts
if games like chorono trigger and final fantasy 7 were on the psp sales will hit the roofs
saturn_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 saturn_2
Member since 2006 • 93 Posts

I don't think anyone that owns a PSP will deny that it is a great system with alot of potential.

But the lack of upcoming games is not a good sign. I hope Sony is correct and we will see alot of new games announced at E3. If we do not get announcements at E3 then it is my opinion that the current PSP will be dead within a year, probably end of 2009. Even if the hardware is selling like hotcakes, if no one is making games for it then what does it matter.

Sony is the only company to benefit from hardware sales and that is the problem. They are content to make firmware updates to add functions and throw out an occasional, high quality game that basically says "look there is game support". But 3rd party developers are making little money and therfore making few games.

I hope E3 is amazing and we get all kinds of announcements, but at this point I am very skeptical. I just went through this last generation with the Gamecube and it looks erily similiar.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45142 Posts
I just bought one, so you're wrong.
LZ71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 LZ71
Member since 2008 • 10524 Posts

I dont think tht the PSP is declining, its just hitting a dry spot. I do agree though that if Sony doesnt start soming out with more games the PSP will be in trouble. There have been great games released this year like Crisis Core and Secret Agent Clank but a couple of great games in one year isnt enough.

I really do hope E3 brings more news about games being released, because I love my PSP and I dont want to see the end of it so soon.

zobi123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#48 zobi123
Member since 2008 • 344 Posts

I dont think tht the PSP is declining, its just hitting a dry spot. I do agree though that if Sony doesnt start soming out with more games the PSP will be in trouble. There have been great games released this year like Crisis Core and Secret Agent Clank but a couple of great games in one year isnt enough.

I really do hope E3 brings more news about games being released, because I love my PSP and I dont want to see the end of it so soon.

LZ71

What does E3 mean?

gokuofheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 gokuofheaven
Member since 2004 • 3452 Posts

Sony is good at milking products and getting the consumer's attention. All they really need to do now is make games like God of War or even FF:Crisis Core ...so the fanboys can shut up for some-time...until the ranting for more "original titles" begin.

Although i strongly agree piracy hurts the PSP...

dunny55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 dunny55
Member since 2007 • 819 Posts
[QUOTE="LZ71"]

zobi123

What does E3 mean?

E3 is the largest videogame thing of the year. its where they announced new games and new stuff..

eh, someone else may have a better explanation