The PS3 Recommendations Thread - Updated Dec, 8 - 56K Warning

This topic is locked from further discussion.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts

I will be able to pick up about 2 games this weekend and now i have narrowed it down to these 3

Demon Souls, Assassins Creed 2, and Batman Arkham Asylum

which two should i take and i will be able to get the 3rd next week.

Wesrcks13

well demons souls is supposed to be hard and unforgiving, so if you dont like games that are ridiculously hard, i'd pass on it.

Trixstar99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 Trixstar99
Member since 2008 • 455 Posts

Ok im getting 2 games .. 1 of them is uncharted for sure but other one is between batman AA and Fifa 10 . At first I thought I get fifa because i hadnt had propar fifa game since 2006 and that was on psp so I thought I get fifa . But after I read game.co.uk comments on this game I became doubtful . They said that its hard to goal , goalkeepers are non human , cant pass other players with tricks , not much improvement from fifa 09 .. So now I am at point I dont know which .. Fifa or batman .. I actually like fifa because I get to play it on and on but if it is hard to goal then it may become boring to me and repeative and so on .. What do you guys think ?

Jbller3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Jbller3
Member since 2009 • 824 Posts

Should I get Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, or some other games this Christmas?

I like RPG games, mostly turn-based to be honest, but Western RPGs are alright. I did not like Oblivion and I thought Fallout 3 was okay (if knowing that would help with the decision-making). Supposedly Demon's Souls is amazing, but ridiculously hard at the same time. This game interests me because of the challenge.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is supposedly a mind-blowing experience. The only thing is that I haven't played Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. I just don't want to play through the game if a lot of info is needed from the last game in order to understand what's going on in the current story. When I played MGS4, I was like "Wow, this is awesome, but do I have a reason to care about 80% of the characters in the main cast?"(meaning I haven't played any of the MGS games before MGS4).

If there are any other games you'd recommend, let me know. I want to figure out which game to get within the next day or two.

Here are the games I already have (Including PSN, although I'd like the recommendations to be disc-based games):

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Warhawk

Grand Theft Auto IV

LittleBigPlanet

God of War Collection

Fat Princess

Linger in the Shadows

Pixeljunk Eden

flOw

Ragdoll Kung Fu (I got this one for free)

Other info:

FPS games are okay, I'm not really into them all that much. I thought Bioshock was pretty cool.

I'm not interested in racing games or sports games.

If it's not a game you'd recommend to anyone (regardless of their taste in games), don't recommend it.

Shad0ki11

Check out Valkyria Chronicles. I think you should get it instead of Demon's Souls. It's cheaper too.

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

[QUOTE="Shad0ki11"]

Should I get Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, or some other games this Christmas?

I like RPG games, mostly turn-based to be honest, but Western RPGs are alright. I did not like Oblivion and I thought Fallout 3 was okay (if knowing that would help with the decision-making). Supposedly Demon's Souls is amazing, but ridiculously hard at the same time. This game interests me because of the challenge.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is supposedly a mind-blowing experience. The only thing is that I haven't played Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. I just don't want to play through the game if a lot of info is needed from the last game in order to understand what's going on in the current story. When I played MGS4, I was like "Wow, this is awesome, but do I have a reason to care about 80% of the characters in the main cast?"(meaning I haven't played any of the MGS games before MGS4).

If there are any other games you'd recommend, let me know. I want to figure out which game to get within the next day or two.

Here are the games I already have (Including PSN, although I'd like the recommendations to be disc-based games):

Warhawk

Grand Theft Auto IV

LittleBigPlanet

God of War Collection

Fat Princess

Linger in the Shadows

Pixeljunk Eden

flOw

Other info:

FPS games are okay, I'm not really into them all that much. I thought Bioshock was pretty cool.

If it's not a game you'd recommend to anyone (regardless of their taste in games), don't recommend it.

Jbller3

Check out Valkyria Chronicles. I think you should get it instead of Demon's Souls. It's cheaper too.

I never thought of that. I actually played that game at a friend's house and enjoyed it. I'll keep that game in mind when the time comes for me to make the big decision.

taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#155 taplok
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

Ok im getting 2 games .. 1 of them is uncharted for sure but other one is between batman AA and Fifa 10 . At first I thought I get fifa because i hadnt had propar fifa game since 2006 and that was on psp so I thought I get fifa . But after I read game.co.uk comments on this game I became doubtful . They said that its hard to goal , goalkeepers are non human , cant pass other players with tricks , not much improvement from fifa 09 .. So now I am at point I dont know which .. Fifa or batman .. I actually like fifa because I get to play it on and on but if it is hard to goal then it may become boring to me and repeative and so on .. What do you guys think ?

Trixstar99
Batman AA...
Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

[QUOTE="Shad0ki11"]

Warhawk

Grand Theft Auto IV

LittleBigPlanet

God of War Collection

Fat Princess

Linger in the Shadows

Pixeljunk Eden

flOw

Other info:

taplok

Yes, you should pick up Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2 and Assassin's Creed II...

If only money grew on trees, pal.

taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 taplok

[QUOTE="taplok"]

[QUOTE="Shad0ki11"]

Warhawk

Grand Theft Auto IV

LittleBigPlanet

God of War Collection

Fat Princess

Linger in the Shadows

Pixeljunk Eden

flOw

Other info:

Shad0ki11

Yes, you should pick up Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2 and Assassin's Creed II...

If only money grew on trees, pal.

if that's the case, i'll spend my days harvesting... hehehe...

Trixstar99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Trixstar99
Member since 2008 • 455 Posts

Is fifa bad than or you mean that batman is just so much better ?

ryrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#160 ryrulez
Member since 2008 • 11605 Posts

Trixstar99
fifa 10 is one of the best football games ever, so if you like football (soccer) get that and get batman later.
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 starwarsjunky
[QUOTE="Trixstar99"]

ryrulez
fifa 10 is one of the best football games ever, so if you like football (soccer) get that and get batman later.

i prefer maddedn or ncaa football :P
revolters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 revolters
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
what ???
BlinDShoT95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 BlinDShoT95
Member since 2009 • 1567 Posts
[QUOTE="Trixstar99"]

taplok
Batman AA...

Getting a goal is something you have to work at, but you do get better and better as you play. One of the best things about the Fifa series is that it is actually challenging.
slimdave21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#166 slimdave21
Member since 2003 • 2646 Posts
I'm looking to download some more fun games off the PSN. I already have Flower, Rag Doll Kung Fu, Shatter, Savage Moon & The Last Guy. What are the most fun "Trophy Enabled PSN Titles" you fine people would recommend?
Ch1d0r1_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Ch1d0r1_666
Member since 2009 • 88 Posts
Nice job TS, When i read the title of the Thread my brain interpreted it as "The only games you should buy for PS3" Im getting ready for the **** storm Demons Souls will drop on me. I hope its not as hard as people say.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#168 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
[QUOTE="slimdave21"]I'm looking to download some more fun games off the PSN. I already have Flower, Rag Doll Kung Fu, Shatter, Savage Moon & The Last Guy. What are the most fun "Trophy Enabled PSN Titles" you fine people would recommend?

Comet Crash, Pixeljunk Monsters & Shooter. PJ Shooter doesn't have a demo but the other two do.
amsfm6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 amsfm6
Member since 2009 • 2777 Posts

Nice job TS, When i read the title of the Thread my brain interpreted it as "The only games you should buy for PS3" Im getting ready for the **** storm Demons Souls will drop on me. I hope its not as hard as people say.Ch1d0r1_666

It's not that hard. The first 8 hours or so may give you quite a headache, but the more you come to understand the game and the better you get, the more managable it becomes.

slimdave21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#170 slimdave21
Member since 2003 • 2646 Posts
[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"][QUOTE="slimdave21"]I'm looking to download some more fun games off the PSN. I already have Flower, Rag Doll Kung Fu, Shatter, Savage Moon & The Last Guy. What are the most fun "Trophy Enabled PSN Titles" you fine people would recommend?

Comet Crash, Pixeljunk Monsters & Shooter. PJ Shooter doesn't have a demo but the other two do.

Thanks, I downloaded Pixeljunk Shooter and it's really cool so far.
Lisandro_v22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#171 Lisandro_v22
Member since 2005 • 1319 Posts
I feel you are forcing yourself to add more games because of the genres there is just one tactical shooter and 3 "shooters" btw shooters should be Third Person Shooters idk why it retains the main title, also Idk why Wet was there, for what I heard it isn't so good also why not adding Burnout on the racing section, it's definitely very different to Dirt, I mean there are so many genres for shooters and not even one arcade racing game
amsfm6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 amsfm6

I feel you are forcing yourself to add more games because of the genres there is just one tactical shooter and 3 "shooters" btw shooters should be Third Person Shooters idk why it retains the main title, also Idk why Wet was there, for what I heard it isn't so good also why not adding Burnout on the racing section, it's definitely very different to Dirt, I mean there are so many genres for shooters and not even one arcade racing gameLisandro_v22

Yeah, we don't need all of those genres, and WET shouldn't be there, period.

But Burnout isn't there because it's on the old list, the current list is all current games. I know it doesn't make sense, they should just put everything in one place. It's like they're saying if a game was made two years ago it's not worth buying.

play_thegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#173 play_thegame
Member since 2008 • 3630 Posts
can someone recomend a game for me for christmas? im looking for a driving/racing game, i downloaded the demo for burnout: paradise and didnt really like it, but i tried motorstorm and loved it. i basically want a racing game that isnt all F1/rally cars, has a great online loads of different trracks not the bland racing tracks and medium ammounts of customization and story mode. would prefer a recent game (within last year) and dont mind if its a game yet to be released. cheers in advance.
Jbller3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Jbller3
can someone recomend a game for me for christmas? im looking for a driving/racing game, i downloaded the demo for burnout: paradise and didnt really like it, but i tried motorstorm and loved it. i basically want a racing game that isnt all F1/rally cars, has a great online loads of different trracks not the bland racing tracks and medium ammounts of customization and story mode. would prefer a recent game (within last year) and dont mind if its a game yet to be released. cheers in advance.play_thegame
Hmm. Maybe check out Need for Speed: Shift? Gran Turismo 5 is coming out next year. ModNation Racers is too. Though, I don't know if you'd be interested in that one. It's pretty much LittleBIgPlanet and a game like Mario Kart combined(it's a kart racer with tons of customization).
play_thegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 play_thegame
lol modnation actually sounds the most interesting. NFS shift looks like rally car racing but i will have a look. would you recomend the other NFS games? undercover doesnt look bad...
play_thegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 play_thegame
had a look at some previews and modnation IMO is the best. i will also buy motorstorm and pure. cheers Jbller3.
Jbller3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Jbller3
had a look at some previews and modnation IMO is the best. i will also buy motorstorm and pure. cheers Jbller3.play_thegame
I'll also be buying it. It's coming out in Q1 of 2010 though. I think Motorstorm and Pure are good games to get as well to add some variety.
Ultra-Dms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Ultra-Dms
Member since 2009 • 72 Posts

Hi . So i have the money to buy the both games . Whats the best game to buy and will keep me playing for long time between this 2 , ( Skate 2 ) or ( Far Cry 2 ) ??? I like both of the game style , i have all COD'S for PS3, i like FPS in general but i would like to try something new, the thing is that i dont have sure if ( Skate 2 ) its worth. Dont tell me to rent them because here in my city there is no place to rent them . Just tell me whats the best . Thanks .

primetime08865

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 primetime08865
Member since 2009 • 216 Posts
i say get skate 2 its a good game. Can any body name me a good RPG to play untill Feb. i all ready have boarderlands. ( i hope i spelled the game right)
paradigm68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 paradigm68
Member since 2003 • 5588 Posts
[QUOTE="primetime08865"]i say get skate 2 its a good game. Can any body name me a good RPG to play untill Feb. i all ready have boarderlands. ( i hope i spelled the game right)

That Dragon Age Origins game is good I hear. I haven't played cause those kind of games don't really interest me. Oh, Oblivion is a long RPG though its an older game which is good if you want to save some money. Probably only like $30 at most places
Ultra-Dms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Ultra-Dms

Hi . So i have the money to buy the both games . Whats the best game to buy and will keep me playing for long time between this 2 , ( Skate 2 ) or ( Far Cry 2 ) ??? I like both of the game style , i have all COD'S for PS3, i like FPS in general but i would like to try something new, the thing is that i dont have sure if ( Skate 2 ) its worth. Dont tell me to rent them because here in my city there is no place to rent them . Just tell me whats the best . Thanks .

big_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 big_
Member since 2004 • 228 Posts

Is Resistance: Fall of Man better played in co-op? and is this game worth it?

rahul_batta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#183 rahul_batta
Member since 2004 • 1363 Posts

Is Resistance: Fall of Man better played in co-op? and is this game worth it?

big_
Yes and yes. This is a game that definitely should not be missed on the console...
Jbller3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Jbller3
Haven't played Final Fantasy VIII . Is it worth getting off PSN?
primetime08865

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 primetime08865
Member since 2009 • 216 Posts
hey guys i am having troble narrowing thes 8 to 4 could u help me out please here are the games infamous, fallout 3, the simpsons game, midnight club LA, fuel, mirror's edge, demon's soul, M.U.A2 thanks for helping
Jbller3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Jbller3
hey guys i am having troble narrowing thes 8 to 4 could u help me out please here are the games infamous, fallout 3, the simpsons game, midnight club LA, fuel, mirror's edge, demon's soul, M.U.A2 thanks for helpingprimetime08865
Hmm. I'd say: Infamous, Fallout 3: GOTY Edition, Midnight Club LA, and Demon's Souls
taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 taplok
hey guys i am having troble narrowing thes 8 to 4 could u help me out please here are the games infamous, fallout 3, the simpsons game, midnight club LA, fuel, mirror's edge, demon's soul, M.U.A2 thanks for helpingprimetime08865
Demon's Souls, Infamous, Midnight Club L.A., Mirror's Edge...
Ultra-Dms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Ultra-Dms

taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 taplok

Ultra-Dms
I think you're better off Skate 2 than Far Cry 2...
amsfm6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 amsfm6

I'd go with Fallout 3, Infamous, Demon's Souls and Mirror's Edge.

yentar480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 yentar480
Member since 2007 • 5066 Posts
I just got a PS3 and I received Little Big Planet, Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time and Valkyria Chronicles. I'm planning on picking up Metal Gear Solid 4, Uncharted 2 and Demon Soul's and I'm on the fence about Infamous. Are there any other can't miss PS3 exclusives?
BlinDShoT95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 BlinDShoT95
Member since 2009 • 1567 Posts

I was looking at buying some PS1 games (specifically FF7 and FF8), but was wondering if they are just direct ports or if they are 'remastered.' Essentially what I am asking is if they look like the originals, or have been tweaked here and there.

Thanks in advance!

big_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 big_
Member since 2004 • 228 Posts

I just got a PS3 and I received Little Big Planet, Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time and Valkyria Chronicles. I'm planning on picking up Metal Gear Solid 4, Uncharted 2 and Demon Soul's and I'm on the fence about Infamous. Are there any other can't miss PS3 exclusives?yentar480

uncharted: drakes fortune, resistance 1 and 2

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 starwarsjunky

I was looking at buying some PS1 games (specifically FF7 and FF8), but was wondering if they are just direct ports or if they are 'remastered.' Essentially what I am asking is if they look like the originals, or have been tweaked here and there.

Thanks in advance!

BlinDShoT95

theyre just direct ports. there may be some MINOR changes tho.

amsfm6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 amsfm6

Thanks in advance!

BlinDShoT95

Direct ports.

amsfm6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 amsfm6

[QUOTE="yentar480"]I just got a PS3 and I received Little Big Planet, Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time and Valkyria Chronicles. I'm planning on picking up Metal Gear Solid 4, Uncharted 2 and Demon Soul's and I'm on the fence about Infamous. Are there any other can't miss PS3 exclusives?big_

uncharted: drakes fortune, resistance 1 and 2

Yep, get Uncharted 1 first, and if you like Ratchet and Clank games, Tools of Destruction. Also Kilzone 2 if you're into shooters. I can't vouch for the Resistance games.

And of course, there are many big titles coming next year. God of War III, Gran Turismo 5, MAG, Heavy Rain, ModNation Racers, and White Knight Chronicles just in the first half of 2010.

Ultra-Dms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Ultra-Dms

Hi once again . I have money to buy one of this games here . Bewteen this two ( Skate 2 ) and ( Far Cry 2 ) who is the best game and will keep me playing for long time. ??? I like FPS games , but i want to try ( Skate 2 ) but im not sure if its good or not . Tell me the truth dont be afraid to tell whats the best game to get ???

Ultra-Dms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Ultra-Dms

Hi once again . I have money to buy one of this games here . Bewteen this two ( Skate 2 ) and ( Far Cry 2 ) who is the best game and will keep me playing for long time. ??? I like FPS games , but i want to try ( Skate 2 ) but im not sure if its good or not . Tell me the truth dont be afraid to tell whats the best game to get . PLS PEOPLE SUBSCRIBE PLS .

Big_Bad_Sad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Big_Bad_Sad
Member since 2005 • 18243 Posts

I need a good game that is going to make me sit there and think. Something I can really get in to. Any ideas? Something with a bit of action, adventure and some puzzles or something.

Except for the likes of Dragon Age, GTA, Uncharted 2...

Ultra-Dms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Ultra-Dms

Hi once again . I have money to buy one of this games here . Bewteen this two ( Skate 2 ) and ( Far Cry 2 ) who is the best game and will keep me playing for long time. ??? I like FPS games , but i want to try ( Skate 2 ) but im not sure if its good or not . Tell me the truth dont be afraid to tell whats the best game to get . PLS PEOPLE SUBSCRIBE PLS .