*~The Official Mass Effect (1-3) Thread ~*

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 0

#401 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts
They need some time to think about what they are doing with ME3. . . Hopefully they wont f it up...
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#402 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

[QUOTE="anime_gamer007"]I believe the actual quote was something like(and I paraphrase) "Making tweaks to the gameplay in order to appeal to a wider audience." My guess is BioWare brought back a lot more RPG elements that were absent in ME2 and EA said "WHAT?! This is crazy? You can't have numbers! People don't want to think about what weapons they want to shoot aliens in the face with, they just want to shoot aliens in the face. " I don't know, I'm fearful seeing as I'm playing through ME1 for the first time and I'm realizing all the RPG stuff they cut out of ME2. And I kinda want them to bring back some of the stuff that was in ME1.

Regardless, I'm guaranteed to buy this game. I have a personal investment in the outcome of the story so I'm basically obligated :P

anime_gamer007

DO YOU SEE NOW?

Mass Effect 2 was more shootery than the first game, and despite all its polish and solidity, was far, far inferior in comparison.

Just wait until you start exploring planets for resources and stuff. Some people complain about Mako, but I, personally, think it was one of the best parts of the game. Much better than pulling the right trigger and sending a probe down to the planet.

That's just laziness.

OH?! You wanna talk about laziness? How about having through the same goddamn warehouse on like 5 different planets? And there only be 3 different kinds of level design? Say what you will about ME2, but I'm about 12 hours in ME1 and there's some definite flaws that stop that game from being as awesome as it could have been. And honestly, the exploring planets and driving the Mako is one of them. While I don't actively hate the Mako like some people, I don't think it adds anything to the gameplay. It's just boring as hell to go around on these planets, that don't have anything noteworthy besides you being there to complete a quest and the only things you find are some resources and/or relics of each civilization and so far I don't see either having any significance in the game besides XP once you complete the quest.

The only thing that I like more in ME1 is the large skill set you have and the way you can customize weapons. Other than that, ME2 corrected all of ME1's flaws and improved the stuff that was awesome in ME1 (characters, dialogue, Tali being a romance option = automatically better :P). That's how I see it anyways, I really like ME1 and will probably end up playing through at least twice but ME2 is definitely the superior game in my eyes. I don't mind more shooter elements as long as the RPG elements aren't brushed aside and that would be my one gripe with ME2. Now, if ME3 was able to split the difference and make both sides better than that would be amazing. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that way.:(

P.S. I also bought two of the novels, Acension and Retribution. I'm getting my Mass Effect on all the way :D

YEAH! But you need to read Revelations, first. :|

It may just be a prologue to Mass Effect, but it's the best of the three novels, plus Saren is pure evil in it. If they even put half the gore of the books into the games... one can only dream...

Anyway, it's true that Mass Effect 2 is the superior game, however I still think Mass Effect is the superior RPG and that's really what I was looking for in this series. If I wanted a sci fi third person shooter, I'd play Gears of War.

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#403 Scianix-Black

They need some time to think about what they are doing with ME3. . . Hopefully they wont f it up... Young_Charter

Well, since you only played ME2, I doubt you're going to notice much of a difference. It'll just be more shooter.

anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#404 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts
Yea, I'm over 20 hours into ME1. Yea......Scianix, I see what you're saying. :P I feel bad for giving ME1 grief. I've haven't decided which one I like better but ME1 is a hell of a good game. It's kinda weird because the two games are quite different from one another yet, obviously being in the same series, are very similar. So, I think it honestly comes down to personal preference of which one you like more instead of one being definitely better than the other. I say I wish ME2 had some phat lewtz...ME1 has hella lewtz :P Oh and I didn't buy Revelations because Anderson is the main character(I think) and I don't really like Anderson that much, I think he's a good character but yea. And I don't really know if I like Saren or not, he's not really in ME1 that much(at least so far). Also, the other two looked more interesting. Cerberus, man. They're up to some business.
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#405 Scianix-Black

Yea, I'm over 20 hours into ME1. Yea......Scianix, I see what you're saying. :P I feel bad for giving ME1 grief. I've haven't decided which one I like better but ME1 is a hell of a good game. It's kinda weird because the two games are quite different from one another yet, obviously being in the same series, are very similar. So, I think it honestly comes down to personal preference of which one you like more instead of one being definitely better than the other. I say I wish ME2 had some phat lewtz...ME1 has hella lewtz :P Oh and I didn't buy Revelations because Anderson is the main character(I think) and I don't really like Anderson that much, I think he's a good character but yea. And I don't really know if I like Saren or not, he's not really in ME1 that much(at least so far). Also, the other two looked more interesting. Cerberus, man. They're up to some business.anime_gamer007

lol, Anderson makes Grayson look like a b****.

That's all I'll say. He doesn't seem like much of a character because he's not as fleshed out in the games, so I had the same attitude as you going into the novels. I didn't really care much for Anderson, nor the history between he and Saren, but my friend insisted that I start with Revelations, so I did. It ended up being my favorite book.

Plus, you'd be missing out on a lot of Mass Effect lore and a major connection between Revelations and Ascension if you skipped it.

For example, you know the guns? They don't fire bullets, lol.

Inside the guns are big blocks of certain metals and lead or whatever that produce projectiles. The gun shaves off a tiny, microscopic piece of that huge slab and then uses eezo (element zero) to alter its mass and then send it shooting out of the gun. Shepard's basically carrying around a mini mass relay that shoots pieces of rock instead of space ships.

They don't explain this in the games because there's no need to. lol, You learn this in the first book.

anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#406 anime_gamer007

[QUOTE="anime_gamer007"]Yea, I'm over 20 hours into ME1. Yea......Scianix, I see what you're saying. :P I feel bad for giving ME1 grief. I've haven't decided which one I like better but ME1 is a hell of a good game. It's kinda weird because the two games are quite different from one another yet, obviously being in the same series, are very similar. So, I think it honestly comes down to personal preference of which one you like more instead of one being definitely better than the other. I say I wish ME2 had some phat lewtz...ME1 has hella lewtz :P Oh and I didn't buy Revelations because Anderson is the main character(I think) and I don't really like Anderson that much, I think he's a good character but yea. And I don't really know if I like Saren or not, he's not really in ME1 that much(at least so far). Also, the other two looked more interesting. Cerberus, man. They're up to some business.Scianix-Black

That's all I'll say. He doesn't seem like much of a character because he's not as fleshed out in the games, so I had the same attitude as you going into the novels. I didn't really care much for Anderson, nor the history between he and Saren, but my friend insisted that I start with Revelations, so I did. It ended up being my favorite book.

Plus, you'd be missing out on a lot of Mass Effect lore and a major connection between Revelations and Ascension if you skipped it.

Inside the guns are big blocks of certain metals and lead or whatever that produce projectiles. The gun shaves off a tiny, microscopic piece of that huge slab and then uses eezo (element zero) to alter its mass and then send it shooting out of the gun. Shepard's basically carrying around a mini mass relay that shoots pieces of rock instead of space ships.

They don't explain this in the games because there's no need to. lol, You learn this in the first book.

Dude, that stuff about guns and the uses of element zero are all in the codex.:D

Yea, I know all the guns have mass accelerators that pretty much give the gun infinite ammo, which they kinda retconned in ME2 with thermal clips. I can always go back and read Revelations but I don't feel like I'm missing that's going to enhance my Mass Effect love. I get the major connection between Revelations and Ascension is Kahlee Sanders and all the stuff she talks about. I actually just realized that little bit in ME1, where Anderson talks about working with Saren but he doesn't go into any detail, is basically the game saying "Hey if you wanna find out. Buy Revelations!". Well played, BioWare, well played.:P

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#407 Scianix-Black

[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

[QUOTE="anime_gamer007"]Yea, I'm over 20 hours into ME1. Yea......Scianix, I see what you're saying. :P I feel bad for giving ME1 grief. I've haven't decided which one I like better but ME1 is a hell of a good game. It's kinda weird because the two games are quite different from one another yet, obviously being in the same series, are very similar. So, I think it honestly comes down to personal preference of which one you like more instead of one being definitely better than the other. I say I wish ME2 had some phat lewtz...ME1 has hella lewtz :P Oh and I didn't buy Revelations because Anderson is the main character(I think) and I don't really like Anderson that much, I think he's a good character but yea. And I don't really know if I like Saren or not, he's not really in ME1 that much(at least so far). Also, the other two looked more interesting. Cerberus, man. They're up to some business.anime_gamer007

Dude, that stuff about guns and the uses of element zero are all in the codex.:D

Yea, I know all the guns have mass accelerators that pretty much give the gun infinite ammo, which they kinda retconned in ME2 with thermal clips. I can always go back and read Revelations but I don't feel like I'm missing that's going to enhance my Mass Effect love. I get the major connection between Revelations and Ascension is Kahlee Sanders and all the stuff she talks about. I actually just realized that little bit in ME1, where Anderson talks about working with Saren but he doesn't go into any detail, is basically the game saying "Hey if you wanna find out. Buy Revelations!". Well played, BioWare, well played.:P

Oh, really? Damnit... I thought I had you... I'm gonna have to look through the books again because I haven't read them in a while. Just you wait... I'll find something, you bastard... :x

lol, Also, game gets it wrong. Anderson says he used to be a spectre and then blew it, but he was actually just being observed by Saren during that particular operation, the same way Nihlus observes Shepard in the beginning of ME1. He was never a spectre, he just lost his chance to become one because Saren hates humans.

Turians are awesome anyway. Coolest species.

Jdez15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#408 Jdez15
Member since 2011 • 202 Posts

I heard that DICE (makers of the Battlefield series) is giving a helping hand in making ME3.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#409 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

I heard that DICE (makers of the Battlefield series) is giving a helping hand in making ME3.

Jdez15
Really... Wow, they are EAs b**** studio.. they helped out on NHS: HP too
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#410 Scianix-Black

[QUOTE="Jdez15"]

MethodManFTW

Really... Wow, they are EAs b**** studio.. they helped out on NHS: HP too

Ok guys, we're here to make your game better BY ADDING DESTRUCTIVE ENVIRONMENTS AND FREE RUNNING.

anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#411 anime_gamer007

[QUOTE="anime_gamer007"]

[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

Scianix-Black

Oh, really? Damnit... I thought I had you... I'm gonna have to look through the books again because I haven't read them in a while. Just you wait... I'll find something, you bastard... :x

lol, Also, game gets it wrong. Anderson says he used to be a spectre and then blew it, but he was actually just being observed by Saren during that particular operation, the same way Nihlus observes Shepard in the beginning of ME1. He was never a spectre, he just lost his chance to become one because Saren hates humans.

Yes, Turians are awesome. Garrus is pretty much all the evidence I need for that. Good for him that he had reach but she had flexibility :P

I'm also pretty sure Anderson says he was almost the first human Spectre but that mission with Saren screwed him over. Something like that, I'm not 100% sure. Anyways, how the hell can the game get it wrong? It's the game it's the basis for the books, the original source material. I never consider any material beyond the original source material as solid canon. I don't consider Star Wars books or anything that's not the original movies as canon, hell I don't believe the prequel trilogy exists. It's just a myth people made it up, like how Oswald shot Kennedy. IT'S A CONSPIRACY! I'm not crazy! :shock:

Anyways, back to Revelations: there's no Illusive Man. Illusive Man > no Illusive Man.8)

Don't deny his unreachable level of coolness.

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#412 Scianix-Black

[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

[QUOTE="anime_gamer007"]Dude, that stuff about guns and the uses of element zero are all in the codex.:D

anime_gamer007

Yes, Turians are awesome. Garrus is pretty much all the evidence I need for that. Good for him that he had reach but she had flexibility :P

I'm also pretty sure Anderson says he was almost the first human Spectre but that mission with Saren screwed him over. Something like that, I'm not 100% sure. Anyways, how the hell can the game get it wrong? It's the game it's the basis for the books, the original source material. I never consider any material beyond the original source material as solid canon. I don't consider Star Wars books or anything that's not the original movies as canon, hell I don't believe the prequel trilogy exists. It's just a myth people made it up, like how Oswald shot Kennedy. IT'S A CONSPIRACY! I'm not crazy! :shock:

Anyways, back to Revelations: there's no Illusive Man. Illusive Man > no Illusive Man.8)

PAH, Drew Karpyshyn wrote the books. He is to Mass Effect what George Lucas is to Star Wars. If he writes that Commander Shepard farts into a mass relay and sends it into dark space to eliminate the reaper threat, I'll believe it as canon.

Also, Illusive Man is a hikikomori loser.

He never comes out. He just stays inside playing eroge and eating cheetos.

anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#413 anime_gamer007

[QUOTE="anime_gamer007"]

[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

Scianix-Black

PAH, Drew Karpyshyn wrote the books. He is to Mass Effect what George Lucas is to Star Wars. If he writes that Commander Shepard farts into a mass relay and sends it into dark space to eliminate the reaper threat, I'll believe it as canon.

The dude sits, smokes, drinks and **** women for a living. I think you jelly. :P

I don't think Drew Karpyshyn is to Mass Effect what George Lucas is to Star Wars, he hasn't ruined Mass Effect's universe yet.

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#414 Scianix-Black

[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

[QUOTE="anime_gamer007"]Yes, Turians are awesome. Garrus is pretty much all the evidence I need for that. Good for him that he had reach but she had flexibility :P

anime_gamer007

The dude sits, smokes, drinks and **** women for a living. I think you jelly. :P

I don't think Drew Karpyshyn is to Mass Effect what George Lucas is to Star Wars, he hasn't ruined Mass Effect's universe yet.

No, EA already jumped on that one.

anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#415 anime_gamer007

[QUOTE="anime_gamer007"]

[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

Scianix-Black

Well, EA is trying to ruin the gameplay, not the Mass Effect universe.
Avatar image for RurouniSaiyajin
RurouniSaiyajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#416 RurouniSaiyajin
Member since 2007 • 4951 Posts

Jdez15

If by helping to make you mean Bioware asked them advice on how to make the guns sound more realistic, then yes, DICE is helping them make ME3.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#417 Young_Charter
illusive man sat down the whole game. . lol
anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#418 anime_gamer007
illusive man sat down the whole game. . lol Young_Charter
Nah, he stood up at the end. Because **** got real :P
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#419 Scianix-Black

[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

[QUOTE="anime_gamer007"]The dude sits, smokes, drinks and **** women for a living. I think you jelly. :P

anime_gamer007

The gameplay is just the beginning...

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#420 Young_Charter
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"]illusive man sat down the whole game. . lol anime_gamer007
Nah, he stood up at the end. Because **** got real :P

So if he walks then ish gets epic :lol:
anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#421 anime_gamer007

[QUOTE="anime_gamer007"][QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

Scianix-Black

The gameplay is just the beginning...

Stop being such a cynical bastard, and that means a lot coming from me since I am quite the cynical bastard.:P Sure, ME2 is more of a shooter than ME1 but it plays so much better. The gameplay just "flows", nothing is awkward, such as the cover system, nothing is a hassle and nothing is detracting in the gameplay that kept me from enjoying the hell out of that game. Honestly, I don't care if they make it more like I shooter, I just don't want them to take away anymore RPG elements. ME2 basically has a the bare minimum of the requirements to be an RPG(not that that is an inherently bad thing), I just wouldn't want them to strip it down anymore.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#422 Young_Charter

ayehttp://www.psu.com/Rumor--Mass-Effect-3-getting-four-player-co-op--a012036-p0.php

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#423 Young_Charter
(Re bumping just for news and etc. . Left the thread hanging for awhile due to my absence)
Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#424 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

It's funny, it seems like im the only person excited to see how the co-op will play out.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#425 Young_Charter

It's funny, it seems like im the only person excited to see how the co-op will play out.

Terrencec06

I felt the same way. I think it's going to be interesting because if you think about it, the A.I could only do so much. .