The Most Embarrassing Game In Your Collection

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 ston3henge
Member since 2007 • 2732 Posts

OK kiddies...

... so I've been taking some ribbing lately (as well as a few chides from the mods) about my gaming tastes...

What I want to know is this: What game is it in your collection that you figure other gamers are laughing at you about? Which "Pet Vets" game do you have sitting in your stack that you hide when your buddies come over to play "Madden" and drink, scratch, & belch? Be a sport and offer up your dirty laundry this holiday season...

CONFESS!

Mine, which no one believes me about when I speak of it fondly, is "REEL FISHING: The Great Outdoors". Or the PSN PSOne game that's up for download - the best of the four games out there in my humble opinion and only $6 so start there but both are good. I like the game for it's relaxation properties, it's laid-back groove, and it's obssession-creating gameplay that - for me - makes the hours roll by when I let myself sink into it. It's about playing the different conditions, time of day, time of year even... and learning to play the different species of fish. They've done a remarkable job patterning various fish behaviors in terms of feeding and liveliness, and how it all whips together to land the big one or create the One That got Away.

So what's at the bottom of YOUR collection? C'mon... you KNOW there's at least ONE... let's have a little fun!

:D

blacknight06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 blacknight06
Member since 2006 • 1422 Posts

Pocket Pool LoL j/k Has anyone tried it by the way?

Um, I don't think i have any games that I'm embarrassed about?

Megaman5364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Megaman5364
Member since 2009 • 2912 Posts

Tom Clancys Splinter Cell Essentials .... Blarg!!

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

Tekken 2? I don't really have any embarrassing games for my PSP.

terafumos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 terafumos
Member since 2004 • 405 Posts
Ya... I guess Dissidia, which isn't embarrassing, really.
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
Death Jr. I'm always a bit ashamed to admit that I kept the game after playing it, when everyone I knew sold it immediately. An even more shameful admission is that I enjoy it! :o
damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 damann22
Member since 2004 • 7655 Posts

maybe pinball heroes cuz i wish i could have that 4 dollars back and buy a minis. But one thing that my fiance always comments about is my 120 hours of playing patapon 2. Hey I have to have all dragon rarepons in my army.

Aero5555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 Aero5555
Member since 2006 • 1333 Posts

Do you mean with regards to the PSP or just generally? Because if we're talking generally Superman 64 takes the cake. I can' think of any PSP game I'm embarrased over buying and that's because I'm not experimental with the handheld at all and I mostly buy games that are part of an established series I'm a fan of (Ace Combat, Castlevania, MGS... etc).

wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#9 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

I'm not embarrassed about any of the games I own why should I be.

ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ston3henge

I meant more like that game you know no one else likes... that copy of"Hana Montana"or whatever. C'mon... you mean to tell me that you al have the same games and they were all big sellers and no one has ever lifted an eyebrow?

I remember buying "Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds" for my GameCube... that kind of thing...

... and by the way, I enjoyed the game a lot and thought they did a great job with the characters and storyline!

:oops:

... but yeah, I was talking primarily about PSP games, seeing as this is the PSP forum.

So no one has purchased "Ghost Rider" or "Hellboy" or "Pimp My Ride"? Heh heh...

Luigi12901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#11 Luigi12901
Member since 2009 • 1243 Posts

I don't really have anything I'm embarrassed about on PSP, tbh. Here's my game list (don't worry, it's fairly short)

1. Gran Turismo
  2. Dissidia
  3. Lemmings
  4. FFT: WotL
  5. Hot Shots Golf
  6. Rock Band: Unplugged
  7. Daxter
  8. FF 1
  9. Spyro (PSN)
  10. Suikoden (PSN)
  11. Wild Arms (PSN)
  12. FFVIII (PSN)
  13. Fieldrunners (PSN)
Resistance_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#12 Resistance_Kid
Member since 2009 • 1171 Posts

Umm... Transformers the Game, i can't believe that they actually had the balls to release that ****.

Zed_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Zed_11
Member since 2008 • 224 Posts

That's got to be LocoRoco for me. Bought it as I wanted something a bit different from the norm, despite it being a tad childish :oops:

Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

I dont really get bad games, by GaneSpots standards, but the worst game in my collection is Crisis Core. Pretty crap game.

Avatar image for RockinTheCasbah
RockinTheCasbah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RockinTheCasbah
Member since 2009 • 441 Posts

Hmm... probably LocoRoco2. I played the demo for hours on end.. and it was only one level :lol:

Yeah, long story short; I bought it.

JohnnyWPSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#17 JohnnyWPSP
Member since 2009 • 1895 Posts

Yugioh 1,2 and 3, because i didnt play Yugioh anymore since i was 10. But i kind of like the games, so im gonna get the 4th one :D.

lucium689

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lucium689
Member since 2008 • 346 Posts

Yugioh 1,2 and 3, because i didnt play Yugioh anymore since i was 10. But i kind of like the games, so im gonna get the 4th one :D.

JohnnyWPSP
XD which one is the best? cuz iv actually been thinking about getting one of those
JohnnyWPSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#19 JohnnyWPSP
Member since 2009 • 1895 Posts
[QUOTE="lucium689"][QUOTE="JohnnyWPSP"]

XD which one is the best? cuz iv actually been thinking about getting one of those

The 3rd one. Propably the 4th one is even better.
Gasss-PSPfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Gasss-PSPfreak
Member since 2009 • 106 Posts

Well, for me it's Bomberman Land. The gameplay is kinda good, but if anyone would see me playing the story mode, I'd be very very embarresed! ;(

ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ston3henge

JohnnyWPSP

See? Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!!! Nice post!!!

Everyone's got at least one... the "Transformers" is a good one too!!! Keep 'em comin'!!! I love it when gamers disclose their dirty little secret game-loves...

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Phoenix534

I meant more like that game you know no one else likes...

ston3henge

I don't really have any of those. Here's my list of games

• Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
  • SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo
  • Star Ocean: The First Departure
  • Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror
  • Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords
  • Rock Band Unplugged Lite
  • Final Fantasy VII(PSN)
  • Final Fantasy VIII(PSN)
  • Silent Hill(PSN)
  • Tekken 2(PSN)
  • Wild ARMs(PSN)
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Phoenix534

[QUOTE="JohnnyWPSP"]

ston3henge

See? Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!!! Nice post!!!

Everyone's got at least one... the "Transformers" is a good one too!!! Keep 'em comin'!!! I love it when gamers disclose their dirty little secret game-loves...

I had Transformers on 360. It was an incredibly underrated game. Why does this have to be PSP?! I have all of my games like that on consoles!

ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ston3henge

Well... I guess we could go off-platform, but some mod would just slap us like a red-headed stepchild even if we were all in agreement. Still, stick around, perhaps some other posters will be generous and give us all a chuckle.

There's gotta be one owner of "Pimp My Ride" out there, they can't ALL be in a landfill. 'Fess up... who's got the copy of "PetVetz Hamster Edition"? Who's got the Olsen Twins-Endorsed version of Tetris where you make the blocks fall in the right order to make them gag and purge their recent meal? Who's got the copy of "Catholic Priest DayCare"?

:twisted:

There are a ton of off-the-path games out there... I can't be the only one...

SadPSPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#25 SadPSPAddict
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts

Well I have an under-rated little gem on my PSP called.........King of Clubs :oops:

But I like it and it comes out every now and again for a short burst :)

myst3rial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 myst3rial
Member since 2009 • 272 Posts

Kula World.. :/

damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 damann22

oh yeah i forgot megaman powered up

viva_hate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 viva_hate
Member since 2009 • 2414 Posts

I have nothing but quality games on the PSP. I do have a copy of the Ant Bully on the Gamecube though... My friend bought a used Gamecube packed with a dozen games, and he asked me "Hey, do you want this piece of **** game or do I just trash it right away?".

Can't say no to free stuff. Even free turds.

ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ston3henge

I have nothing but quality games on the PSP. I do have a copy of the Ant Bully on the Gamecube though... My friend bought a used Gamecube packed with a dozen games, and he asked me "Hey, do you want this piece of **** game or do I just trash it right away?".

viva_hate

LOL... yeah... I guess I have become a much more selective game hobbyist in the last few years because I too, really haven't bought too many lemons... the last "Slap To The Head" purchase I guess I had made was "Godzilla: Unleashed" for the DS... I expected a kiddie game, but what I got wouldn't fool a brick into thinking it had anything approaching cohesive gameplay. Really bad, and I was even more ashamed when i traded it in with a bunch of other games... trying to hide it in the pile...

:lol:

... as a Godzilla fan AND as a gamer, I would have rather been caught with a copy of PLAYGIRL Magazine and my pants down...

... so there you have it, ol' Stoney getting publicly humiliated... c'mon PSP folk, CONFESS!!!

viva_hate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 viva_hate
Member since 2009 • 2414 Posts

[QUOTE="viva_hate"]

ston3henge

LOL... yeah... I guess I have become a much more selective game hobbyist in the last few years because I too, really haven't bought too many lemons... the last "Slap To The Head" purchase I guess I had made was "Godzilla: Unleashed" for the DS... I expected a kiddie game, but what I got wouldn't fool a brick into thinking it had anything approaching cohesive gameplay. Really bad, and I was even more ashamed when i traded it in with a bunch of other games... trying to hide it in the pile...

... as a Godzilla fan AND as a gamer, I would have rather been caught with a copy of PLAYGIRL Magazine and my pants down...

... so there you have it, ol' Stoney getting publicly humiliated... c'mon PSP folk, CONFESS!!!

Okay, I didn't want to admit it but the same guy also threw in this game.

Whew, that's a load off my chest.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Phoenix534

[QUOTE="ston3henge"]

[QUOTE="viva_hate"]

viva_hate

:o...Seriously? There's already a Phoenix Game Studio!? DAMN IT! Back to the name game then.

ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ston3henge

@viva:

Oh WOW. Whotta Rumb-ly Tumb-ly game that must have been!!! Good LAWD, to think that someone actually bought it in the first-place, let alone passing it on to YOU. That's like The Clap or Herpes for GameCube!!!

damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 damann22

I will say that im embarrassed when ever i play patapon 2 in public because gamers who dont know patapon come up to me and ask if its a childrens game. So i have to explain to them that it looks like a childrens game with mature elements like rpg and stragegy in the core gameplay. But all they see is huge eyeballs throwing sticks at a giant crab

ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ston3henge

That game is for people on acid (Patapon)... love it.

Vrygar777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#35 Vrygar777
Member since 2007 • 444 Posts

Well mines not for PSP but its pretty close.

Its Ar Tonelico 2 for the PS2. Just look at the cover art. BTW you have to "dive" into girls in the actual gameplay. Try hiding that from your family lol.

ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ston3henge

Well mines not for PSP but its pretty close.

Its Ar Tonelico 2 for the PS2. Just look at the cover art. BTW you have to "dive" into girls in the actual gameplay. Try hiding that from your family lol.

Vrygar777

Hmmmm... dive in, eh? Sounds... Japanese. And weird. Totally weird.

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#37 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts

Forget Patapon, LocoRoco is an embarassing game.

I made the mistake of bringing the demo to school one day, I regret that. I don't know how many times I was called gay :D

Aero5555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Aero5555

Vrygar777

That's how I felt with Tales of Symphonia II. I mean yeah it was fun and all (I rarely get addicted to an RPG) but the story was just UGH! I hoped no family member would enter the room while a conversation was going on, especially with the two love interests. Trust me it doesn't get any cheesier than that. Shaking my head and laughing at how ridicolous the dialouge was getting.

It's not the actors' fault though, the delivery is horrid but the story can't be helped. If it's a JRPG the chance it'll get lost in translation is 90%. I can imagine those lines being spoken in Japanese, a simple cheesy "I need a hug and a kiss" by the female love interest would be spoken in Japanese as if it's a matter of life and death. Just watch any Japanese highschool drama/anime, the male love interest talks to himself about confessing to a girl as if he's about to operate on a patient with life or death results. Alot of people don't get that it really can't be helped because that's how serious those kinda matters are in Japanese culture. Unless the plot is Americanized (ala Lunar) there's bound to be some cheese in it.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts
Maybe Pangya Fantasy Golf. At first glance it just looks like a weird golf game but little do people know that it's actually good and even better than Hot Shots Golf. Hot Shots Golf is also laughed upon I guess because of the chibi characters. But that's also a good game as well.
Aero5555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Aero5555

LocoRoco is an embarassing game.

Granpire

I still remember the day a friend of mine showed me the demo of the first game years ago, I laughed hard for 10 minutes, that singing! :lol:

munkeypoo45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#41 munkeypoo45
Member since 2008 • 3221 Posts

i dont really have any games that im embaressed about. so yeah

SadPSPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#42 SadPSPAddict
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts

Maybe Pangya Fantasy Golf. At first glance it just looks like a weird golf game but little do people know that it's actually good and even better than Hot Shots Golf. Hot Shots Golf is also laughed upon I guess because of the chibi characters. But that's also a good game as well.ASK_Story

I have Pangya Fantasy Golf and HSG2 also but don't think they are embarrassing - another one I do have that is though is another little gem called WTF

damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 damann22

[QUOTE="Granpire"]

LocoRoco is an embarassing game.

Aero5555

I still remember the day a friend of mine showed me the demo of the first game years ago, I laughed hard for 10 minutes, that singing! :lol:

loco roco is the reason why i bought a psp. My local gamestop had the demo up and I would go in there and play that game all the time. Its the game I bought when i bought my psp 1000. And when i played it at work, all the females would comment on how cute it looks while my male friends ask if it came with a hetero difficulty

GamerGirl177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 GamerGirl177
Member since 2008 • 85 Posts

Ape Escape Academy.

GamerGirl177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 GamerGirl177
Member since 2008 • 85 Posts

[QUOTE="ston3henge"]

[QUOTE="viva_hate"]

viva_hate

I Love That Game.

pataponplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#46 pataponplayer
Member since 2009 • 1410 Posts

Probably the LocoRoco games. I love them, but my ignorant friends think of it as a baby game so when I'm around them, I usually play shooters (which are pretty good as well.)

jasontdoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47 jasontdoto
Member since 2005 • 510 Posts

i would be embarassed playing loco roco at full volume in the bus. some things should just stay private.

theplum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#48 theplum
Member since 2007 • 81 Posts

Locoroco 2 :? Ive gt no intention of trading it in though!!!!!!!

Xeros606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Xeros606
Member since 2007 • 11126 Posts
LOTR tactics, I never let anyone try it out lest they mock me >_>
Mr_Tonylope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Mr_Tonylope
Member since 2009 • 140 Posts

The most embarrassing game in my PSP collection would probably be Locoroco, but since i hate it so much it won't be part of it much longer.