The games you wish you never bought...

• 159 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Assassin1349

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Assassin1349
Member since 2009 • 2798 Posts

What are some games that you bought and feel dissatisfied with to the point you wish you hadn't bought them?

Also try to state why unless you have too many to list. This is a discussion after all.

1. Resistance 2 - First of all, I hated the first one. Anyway, I was at the store with my friend looking at games and he recommended this game because he said it had extremely high ratings from both users and critics and it was much different from the first, so I figured why not. The single player was decent but after completing it I didn't really feel like replaying it, so no replay value here. Also, I thought the multiplayer was garbage, no appeal to me. Definitely wish I hadn't wasted $60 on it.

2. Call of Duty: World at War - Again another recommendation from my friend (and his last). It felt like a modded version of Call of Duty 4 and to make matters even worse I completed the single player within 3 hours. Zombie mode was fun but didn't make the purchase worth it.

3. Killzone 2 - I am guilty of buying into the hype. It's not necessarily the controls that killed it for me. I thought they were tolerable. But for some reason I dreaded the campaign and the generic cast of characters. The pace didn't feel right to me, the weapons were boring and so were the enemies. I got rid of this game within 2 days from purchase.

4. Prototype - I don't know why I got this one. It's a fun game for what it's worth but it's also a very generic and repetitive sand box game with no replay value. In other words it's best for a rental.

That's about it for me. The rest of my collection I am satisfied with.

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
Sounds like you need to avoid first person shooters, lol. Anyways, I'm pretty happy with everything except for the Orange Box. I bought it immediately for the PC after the PS3 version because I realized how insanely low the support was for it was from Valve. Bah-humbug.
Assassin1349

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Assassin1349
[QUOTE="hazelnutman"]Sounds like you need to avoid first person shooters, lol. Anyways, I'm pretty happy with everything except for the Orange Box. I bought it immediately for the PC after the PS3 version because I realized how insanely low the support was for it was from Valve. Bah-humbug.

Just the ones on PS3 apparently. I have a lot that I enjoy everything from the Half-Life, Quake and Doom series. Some Unreal Tournament, F.E.A.R., Far Cry 1, Crysis, first two COD games.. But I payed budget prices on almost all of them. :) But yeah I've played Orange Box on PS3... Half-Life 2 doesn't feel right to me on it. 30fps +slowdowns and console controls ruins the fluidity. It's nice that PS3s users can enjoy it but I wish they had done a better job of porting it.
verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts
Far Cry 2: Tedious, repetitive, annoying constant respawns Assassin's Creed: Extremely repetitive Burnout Paradise: No map marker makes it annoying to navigate in the sandbox...every single crash turns to the "slow motion mode"....sometimes even when you hit a pavement at a slow pace, you'll get the bullet time...bleh.
Assassin1349

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Assassin1349
Far Cry 2: Tedious, repetitive, annoying constant respawns Assassin's Creed: Extremely repetitive Burnout Paradise: No map marker makes it annoying to navigate in the sandbox...every single crash turns to the "slow motion mode"....sometimes even when you hit a pavement at a slow pace, you'll get the bullet time...bleh.verbalfilth
Yeah, my brother bought FC2 on PC after I told him a 100 times to not buy it. He admits that he was wrong to ignore my warning. :P Asscreed is alright if you rush through it. But yeah very repetitive, I have that one too, only I didn't pay for it so whatever.
Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts
You should stop listening to your friends' recommendations, haha. :P

Anyway, the only PS3 game I regret buying is Uncharted. Wow... I tried to enjoy the game, I really did, but I just couldn't get into it.

thunderf00t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 thunderf00t
Member since 2009 • 948 Posts
Mortal Kombat 2, from the Playstation Store. I don't remember the single player being quite so broken and overly player punishing, and the online is dead from what I'm told as well. Five bucks for arcade perfect MK2 sounded much better than it actually turned out to be.
sexy_fool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sexy_fool69
Member since 2008 • 748 Posts
socom confrotation. i forgot the socom series died after socom 2. well at least i got a headset with it......................that ive only used once
sexy_fool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sexy_fool69
Member since 2008 • 748 Posts
You should stop listening to your friends' recommendations, haha. :P

Anyway, the only PS3 game I regret buying is Uncharted. Wow... I tried to enjoy the game, I really did, but I just couldn't get into it.

Doolz2024
the 1st or the second cuz im planning on buying the second one soon
Assassin1349

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Assassin1349
[QUOTE="Doolz2024"]You should stop listening to your friends' recommendations, haha. :P

sexy_fool69

Probably the first one. I played the first and felt the same way. The combat is frustrating and the platforming elements seem tacked on.
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

There are only a few which comes to my mind like Golden Axe or Sonic 07, sadly two games from Sega :/

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

Killzone 2 is the only one, really.

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Doolz2024
[QUOTE="Doolz2024"]You should stop listening to your friends' recommendations, haha. :P

sexy_fool69

I was talking about Uncharted 1. Gunplay and platforming were just awful, imo. Uncharted 2 is so much better in every way. It's one of my favorite PS3 games, while Uncharted 1 is probably my least favorite. :P
Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
GTAIV... Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising, would have been a good rental and I probably could have done without Borderlands as well.. .i just didn't really like it... but other than that I am very happy with all my purchases (also, any multiplat on the 360, as I now regret not getting them on PS3)
amsfm6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 amsfm6
Member since 2009 • 2777 Posts

[QUOTE="sexy_fool69"][QUOTE="Doolz2024"]You should stop listening to your friends' recommendations, haha. :P

Doolz2024

I was talking about Uncharted 1. Gunplay and platforming were just awful, imo. Uncharted 2 is so much better in every way. It's one of my favorite PS3 games, while Uncharted 1 is probably my least favorite. :P

Wow really? Because they have pretty much the same kind of gameplay. Uncharted 2 is just an improved version. You didn't play Uncharted 1 after 2 did you?

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

[QUOTE="Doolz2024"][QUOTE="sexy_fool69"] the 1st or the second cuz im planning on buying the second one soonamsfm6

Wow really? Because they have pretty much the same kind of gameplay. Uncharted 2 is just an improved version. You didn't play Uncharted 1 after 2 did you?

Nope. He's the infamous "I hate Uncharted but Uncharted 2 was amazing" guy.

SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

If you didn't like those games.... maybe you just don't like games. Get a new hobbie, cuz you be crazy not to like those.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Cross Edge. Not a good game at all.

marcl18123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 marcl18123
Member since 2006 • 2050 Posts
Oblivion, it had got good scores and i need a ps3 rpg and it was like the only choice at the time. But no matter how much i tried to play it, the game was never fun. It was literally a chore to play.
COD WAW, only got it for to play nazi zombie with a friend, but that got boring after like a week, i should of just rented it.
Assassin1349

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Assassin1349

If you didn't like those games.... maybe you just don't like games. Get a new hobbie, cuz you be crazy not to like those.

SouL-Tak3R

I listed four games so I somehow don't like games? :roll:

amsfm6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 amsfm6
Member since 2009 • 2777 Posts

[QUOTE="SouL-Tak3R"]

Assassin1349

I think he was talking about the ones who didn't like Uncharted.

Assassin1349

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Assassin1349

[QUOTE="Assassin1349"]

[QUOTE="SouL-Tak3R"]

amsfm6

I think he was talking about the ones who didn't like Uncharted.

Well that must include me either way. I don't like Uncharted. At least the first one, I never tried the second.

rahul_batta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 rahul_batta
Member since 2004 • 1363 Posts
To be honest I haven't regretted a purchase really. Despite what many say about AC I actually loved Assassins Creed, the controls were smooth, the fights were fun, and the game was very pretty :P I think I've done too much research before buying a game, usually look at gameplay videos and stuff like that. I have to say the most disappointing game I've played is Resistance 2. I LOVED the 1st one, played it like 10 times (A lot for me lol) but something about Resistance 2 didn't feel right, but I will probably be picking up Resistance 3 later next year lol
Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Doolz2024
Wow really? Because they have pretty much the same kind of gameplay. Uncharted 2 is just an improved version. You didn't play Uncharted 1 after 2 did you?amsfm6
No, I played Uncharted 1 first. And like you said, they're similar, but Uncharted 2 is an improved version. Everything gameplay wise was greatly improved, which is why I enjoyed it so much. I disliked Uncharted 1 because of its gameplay, and I enjoyed Uncharted 2 because of its gameplay. (And Chloe :oops: ) The improvements were that significant, imo.
mental_case_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 mental_case_5
Member since 2009 • 609 Posts

Far Cry 2: Tedious, repetitive, annoying constant respawns Assassin's Creed: Extremely repetitive Burnout Paradise: No map marker makes it annoying to navigate in the sandbox...every single crash turns to the "slow motion mode"....sometimes even when you hit a pavement at a slow pace, you'll get the bullet time...bleh.verbalfilth

Far Cry 2 is AWESOME! You're just not patient and suck at games.

mental_case_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mental_case_5

Wanted: Weapons of Fate - Worst game I've ever played, no replay value and collectibles are glitched so no achievements there.

Alone in the Dark; Inferno - OK gae but still recommended for a rental. It has a good story. That's it really

mental_case_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mental_case_5

To be honest I haven't regretted a purchase really. Despite what many say about AC I actually loved Assassins Creed, the controls were smooth, the fights were fun, and the game was very pretty :P I think I've done too much research before buying a game, usually look at gameplay videos and stuff like that. I have to say the most disappointing game I've played is Resistance 2. I LOVED the 1st one, played it like 10 times (A lot for me lol) but something about Resistance 2 didn't feel right, but I will probably be picking up Resistance 3 later next year lolrahul_batta

I agree. So what ifAssassin's Creed wasrepetitive, it was a solid game

TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

Dragon Age origins : horrible gameplay, you have to switch from mashing your preset action on square/triangle/circle, change characters and stop action and get into menus or sub menus or sub sub menus, gets boring very very fast. Very sad as the voice acting is top notch and story seem interesting (bad thing as they created an original world you always have warrior, mage, rogue and spells you've seen million times).

taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#29 taplok
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

Of all my games, maybe Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising... i should've picked up LBP instead...

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts
alone in the dark bia: hell's highway red faction: guerilla darkness strangely, these are the games i never bothered to finish as well... :)
CrispexOps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 CrispexOps
Member since 2009 • 182 Posts

Killzone 2. Fake look visuals (as said, everything looks like it was cut out of a magazine and pasted on a board...), odd controls, and absolutely no real story depth.

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
mw2 and re5
Dante_May_Die

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Dante_May_Die
Member since 2008 • 1505 Posts

Cross Edge. Not a good game at all.

yokofox33
i remember how you were hyping it :P...You kept saying...ill ignore the reviews..Im sure its a good game! even after all that confidence it still sux
hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#34 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
trash panic, Assassin's Creed 1, LAIR, Silent Hill Homecoming, SOCOM Confrontation
punisher1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 punisher1
Member since 2004 • 3290 Posts

Only next gen game I really didn't like was Heavenly Sword. The game had so much promise. But those stupid missions where you had to man a catapolt and attack enemy waves drained the life at of the game. Or the crap boss battles. And I guess star wars:force unleashed. It was ok but the fun got sucked out when it just became a game about grinding for powers. Most of which you wont use. Just stopped caring when I got to the death star.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#36 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

Turok - unfortunately this was my first PS3 game. I wanted to get Resistance Fall of Man, but Gamestop only had the empty box. I guess one of the employees was busy playing the actual disc at home. Anyhow, the aiming controls in Turok are pitiful. Very twitchy and it takes forever to actually get your sights on a target. The story is pathetic. You spend the first third of the game looking for some communications module, only to have it get broken immediately after you find it. Everytime you think you're about to accomplish something, no - you just fall through a hole in the ground and you're battling giant scorpions in a cave - again. I climbed on top of a building and found a mounted machine gun to shoot some giant scorpions with. It had the worst aiming system of all time. It was easier to just aim in a single spot and let the scorpions walk into your fire than to try to shoot them. And the thing didn't start shooting until a second or two after you pulled the trigger. And then there was the mini-gun. Oh, I was so excited when I found that. Then I found that it took dozens of shots to kill an enemy soldier with it. What a joke. And when you'd get killed, you'd have to play through the last several minutes, exactly - precisely - as you did before. You'd be aiming at spots on a wall because you knew an enemy popped up there. And considering how horrible the aiming system was, you needed all the time you could get to aim at something. It was boring and tedious in the extreme.

spyd3r108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#37 spyd3r108
Member since 2008 • 199 Posts

Lair - bought this back when - with all the hype and the 1080p on my new tv - it suckkked

Force Unleashed - I dont know about everyone else but my cope seemed veryyyy glitchy and it just annoys me that LucasArts can put this crap out and still sell it with two words "Star Wars"

Avatar image for NakedSnake-1993
NakedSnake-1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 NakedSnake-1993
Member since 2008 • 132 Posts

DarkSector

Lair

Haze

Maybe Prototype

Abecale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Abecale
Member since 2009 • 919 Posts
Whats with all the prototype hate? Oh and i wish i didnt buy Pain and X-Blades. Pain is just the lamest boring game ever, thats just viral marketed by sony all the time (New DLC as recent as last week) And there is only so much fun to be had slingshotting someone. X-Blades i thought would be alright, i like hack and slashers, but this one just lacked anything fun and enjoyable.
newhighscore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 newhighscore
Member since 2008 • 2037 Posts

i dont really regret my purchases. i was a lil letdown by sw:tfu but after u max out your powers u feel like a god amongst insects.

the only real one would be gta4. all the praise and hype for a game that makes u go on "man dates" glad i only paid $20 for it.

Dj_Strafer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Dj_Strafer
Member since 2004 • 315 Posts

Splinter Cell: Double Agent

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

GTA4 - after all the hype and everyone saying how good it was, and was very happy with gta san andrea's in the direction it took, i was hoping for a more better game, the stupid dates with girls what you had to do, and stupid friends kept ringing and the places you went arent that good once you been to the shows 3 or 4times you've seen it all, plus for me gta was about fun, and always a rag to riches story because thats wot u want a realistic city where u can go round and blast people and cause mayhem without getting done and living a life of crime, just felt no matter how far into the story u went with niko u just never go anywhere except a new place, and the driving is awful. it's about time they bring back a proper gangsta gta and have it so u can get pumped and get the best clothes and guns and be top dog, saints row has the idea except the graphics and the story is a little just plain and easy but, with the customisation and the fun thats how a game like that should be.

ghost busters - being a fan of the films, i decided to get this game, the story is quite nice and enjoyed it but it was just a run and shoot game, it got me when the first main ghost decided to make ghost water and them things came after u, i was sure if they were spiders robots or wot. silly werent worth the money.

alstevens83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 alstevens83
Member since 2008 • 1462 Posts

For myself there are a few which spring to mind

Haze: For myself it just felt like genetic bland first person shooter with a steroid gimmick

FarCry 2: This is why Sandbox games and FPS games never mix it just seemed to go on and on and on till i traded in the game.

MW2: Story mode was alright I guess seemed to be "place set peice from typical hollywood action film" after another after another. I got bored with Spec ops and well the Mulit player mode always seems to be filled with ****'* when ever I play which has put me off the game completely

Prototype: Baring the OTT voilence it was a very very bland game and even in 720P looked freaking ugly as sin (talking Suanne Boyle ugly here fokes)

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#44 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
I have no such games. :P
Keir21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#45 Keir21
Member since 2006 • 5918 Posts

Okay, my time to shine :')

Dark Sector: Nothing new, little to no narrative made it dull. Game play was just monotonous

Infamous: Overhyped. Combat was boring. City was boring. Graphics were unimpressive and every weapon was just a gun. The electrical powers were gimmicky. The mission design was horrible and the story didn't pick up until towards the end.

Killzone 2: Again, overhyped. Amazing graphics technically but the amount of gray and brown used was insulting. Controls felt imprecise. Pacing wasn't very good at all. Story was lame and full of cliches. Multi player was nothing on MW.

Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts
Ass Creed,Killzone 2,NFS Undercover (15 euros...=/)
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#47 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
Maybe Cross Edge.
Avatar image for RatchetJunkie20
RatchetJunkie20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 RatchetJunkie20
Member since 2007 • 966 Posts

I regret buying Mirror's Edge. Could not get past the tutorial. Couldn't keep my hands steady enough for balance walks along pipes. Faith kept falling off. I'm thinking of trading in the game to Gamestop or Game Crazy.

smithster118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 smithster118
Member since 2008 • 3910 Posts

Far Cry 2 and Street Fighter IV

Avatar image for meluvulongtime8
meluvulongtime8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 14

#50 meluvulongtime8
Member since 2007 • 1428 Posts

The majority of PSN titles I've purchased: (some I don't like, but all of them I just don't play)

Noby Noby Boy

Zen Pinball

Pain

Trash Panic

Elefunk

Lumines

echochrome

Prince of Persia Classic

everyday shooter