Street Fighter 4 is THE MOST FRUSTRATING game ever.

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

THE_BRUTALIZER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 THE_BRUTALIZER
Member since 2008 • 3488 Posts

I can hardly even type right now....i just fought this one guy on just MEDIUM HARD difficulty....I was abel, and he was E Honda....on arcade mode....

I have to say, it was the toughest fight i have ever fought in a game in a LONGG time.

First of all, the combos are useless on anything over medium. They take like 2 seconds, especially the super and ultra combos, and we all know that if you arent attacking, you are either blocking, pausing the game to plan the next attack, getting the **** beat out of you, dying, dead, or throwing your 60 dollar dualshock 3 controller across the room in complete anger.

Also, I have read the manual over and over, and i think MAYBE if you had a PH.D in Psychology, some crazy ability to read minds, and the reaction time of chuck norris, you MIGHT......just MIGHT be able to counter a move or a throw. Dont even try that. I cant even counter it on easy.

Not only that, but the music on the main menu would be better EVEN if the Jonas Brothers featuring Miley Cirus would remake it. :evil:

Something about that game just makes it impossible....you cant even mash buttons and get through levels like mortal kombat or tekken!! i mean CA MON!!!

Therefore, I commend those who have made it past the medium level. Great ******* job.

Are you experiencing the same problems as me?

If not, PLEASE HELP ME.

Ciocio3I3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Ciocio3I3
Member since 2009 • 259 Posts
thats why street fighter 4 is better than tekken because theres no button mashing..., just skills and timing, no cheap skate juggles, slapping, and ground hits
crazy-player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 crazy-player
Member since 2005 • 2909 Posts
I think you just described a scrub who can't play.
4NGoods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 4NGoods
Member since 2007 • 1030 Posts

maybe SF just isnt your game.

THE_BRUTALIZER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 THE_BRUTALIZER
thats why street fighter 4 is better than tekken because theres no button mashing..., just skills and timing, no cheap skate juggles, slapping, and ground hitsCiocio3I3
button mashing was, ill admit, very cheap, but looked very impressive when you KILLED enemies on harder modes. The amount of dexterity and patience....something i dont have.....that this game demands is amazing.....
THE_BRUTALIZER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 THE_BRUTALIZER
I think you just described a scrub who can't play.crazy-player
Na, I could still kick yours.....
jakarai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jakarai
Member since 2008 • 4289 Posts
I actually have beat the game on medium settings but I only did one match rounds. I haven't really tried to be it on any harder difficulties yet as I am waiting for my new stick to come in to see if I can pull off the moves one the left side. I have trouble doing Ryu's Ultras and Supers on the left side.
slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts
[QUOTE="THE_BRUTALIZER"]

I can hardly even type right now....i just fought this one guy on just MEDIUM HARD difficulty....I was abel, and he was E Honda....on arcade mode....

I have to say, it was the toughest fight i have ever fought in a game in a LONGG time.

First of all, the combos are useless on anything over medium. They take like 2 seconds, especially the super and ultra combos, and we all know that if you arent attacking, you are either blocking, pausing the game to plan the next attack, getting the **** beat out of you, dying, dead, or throwing your 60 dollar dualshock 3 controller across the room in complete anger.

Also, I have read the manual over and over, and i think MAYBE if you had a PH.D in Psychology, some crazy ability to read minds, and the reaction time of chuck norris, you MIGHT......just MIGHT be able to counter a move or a throw. Dont even try that. I cant even counter it on easy.

Not only that, but the music on the main menu would be better EVEN if the Jonas Brothers featuring Miley Cirus would remake it. :evil:

Something about that game just makes it impossible....you cant even mash buttons and get through levels like mortal kombat or tekken!! i mean CA MON!!!

Therefore, I commend those who have made it past the medium level. Great ******* job.

If not, PLEASE HELP ME.

yep, nope....no probs here. i beat the game on every level except for the hardest level. ironicly im having troble beating seth with akuma so i can unlock gouki, on any level. but im sure ill get past it though soon enough. im enjoying my SF4 experiance a lot so like i said......no complaints here. u just have kinda try and outthink your opponent thats all. learn how to anticipate their moves and youll be ok
jakarai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jakarai
Member since 2008 • 4289 Posts
You just have to get used to the game. It took me about a week.
THE_BRUTALIZER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 THE_BRUTALIZER

maybe SF just isnt your game.

4NGoods
haha ive never been good at the arcade style 2 man gameplay. the more modern fps' and rpgs are much more interesting....but something about street fighter, when i land a super combo, or, if im lucky, an ultra combo, i feel extremely satisfied and i start to feel invincible. thats when i get my.....kicked.
THE_BRUTALIZER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 THE_BRUTALIZER
[QUOTE="slvrraven9"] yep, nope....no probs here. i beat the game on every level except for the hardest level. ironicly im having troble beating seth with akuma so i can unlock gouki, on any level. but im sure ill get past it though soon enough. im enjoying my SF4 experiance a lot so like i said......no complaints here. u just have kinda try and outthink your opponent thats all. learn how to anticipate their moves and youll be ok

*sigh* yeah i guess it just takes practice....i am just not patient at all, i have to master a game and get half the trophies before i even take it out of the ps3. For killzone 2, that took 2 days. For fear and fear 2, 1 day. street fighter is just so much more complex....it takes real skill, and makes you realize that hours of grenade tossing and uncontrolled gun firing on games like cod4 take no skill at all. its very interesting....
THE_BRUTALIZER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 THE_BRUTALIZER

I actually have beat the game on medium settings but I only did one match rounds. I haven't really tried to be it on any harder difficulties yet as I am waiting for my new stick to come in to see if I can pull off the moves one the left side. I have trouble doing Ryu's Ultras and Supers on the left side.jakarai
good...so i am not alone....usually i can hop into any game on the hardest difficulty, and the word medium and easy became nothing but **** levels to me....but man....

THE_BRUTALIZER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 THE_BRUTALIZER

Yeah, no.

Kids, don't feed the troll.

xiixiix
Hey. Watch it.
xiixiix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 xiixiix
Member since 2004 • 342 Posts

Hey. Watch it.THE_BRUTALIZER

Watch what? You came on here and complained you can't button mash your way to a victory, and that you didnt like the music. Doesn't sound like a legit argument to me.

Albert_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Albert_King
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

i like to use Guile, but then Abel would be my nightmare, no matter which difficulty(exclude easiest of course), roll... catch... roll... catch... TAT

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 slvrraven9
i liek viper a lot and ROSE is one of my faves in the game right now. my taste in the characters vary like very few days i get into a different person although i have NEVER liked dalhsim. i even love zangief....yeah in fighting games i am a beast! but then again ive been playing street fighter since it debut on the super nintendo....its been my love ever since.
THE_BRUTALIZER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 THE_BRUTALIZER
[QUOTE="slvrraven9"]i liek viper a lot and ROSE is one of my faves in the game right now. my taste in the characters vary like very few days i get into a different person although i have NEVER liked dalhsim. i even love zangief....yeah in fighting games i am a beast! but then again ive been playing street fighter since it debut on the super nintendo....its been my love ever since.

yeah, i love to master moves with the girls....they are extremely fast and powerful when you get a decent combo going.
THE_BRUTALIZER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 THE_BRUTALIZER

i like to use Guile, but then Abel would be my nightmare, no matter which difficulty(exclude easiest of course), roll... catch... roll... catch... TAT

Albert_King
thats who im using.....abel........he is SO hard to use, you have to stay close to the enemies all the time, and grab constantly............
THE_BRUTALIZER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 THE_BRUTALIZER

Watch what? You came on here and complained you can't button mash your way to a victory, and that you didnt like the music. Doesn't sound like a legit argument to me.

xiixiix

oh, sorry, i think your in the wrong forum. the "legit" constructively thinking critics section is somewhere else. Im sorry, sir, that i dont meet your standards. Would you like a cup o tea?

PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts

Uh...practice more. And use cancels, they help with getting out the combos. Medium hard isn't meant to be played for starters.

THE_BRUTALIZER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 THE_BRUTALIZER

Uh...practice more. And use cancels, they help with getting out the combos. Medium hard isn't meant to be played for starters.

PSdual_wielder
cancels? mustve missed that in the manual....thanks
slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 slvrraven9
[QUOTE="THE_BRUTALIZER"][QUOTE="Albert_King"]

thats who im using.....abel........he is SO hard to use, you have to stay close to the enemies all the time, and grab constantly............

yeah youre right able is definatly a grappler but then again hes quick AND powerful so you just gotta play off his strengths, i went through my able phase a few weeks ago then i moved on to zangief. hey tc if youre really having trouble with the game, maybe you should try the challenge made where you ahve to complete the objectives/combos/moves in order to advance. it REALLY helps to get you to understand how each player moves and whatnot. very useful if youre in need of help. although later in the levels the objectives get pretty insane. just dot get annoyed, try to remain cool and youll think clearly
PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts

[QUOTE="PSdual_wielder"]

THE_BRUTALIZER

its not in the manual, learn it in trial mode, and also youtube videos. search 'daigo sf4' to get your feet wet. ;)

THE_BRUTALIZER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 THE_BRUTALIZER
[QUOTE="slvrraven9"][QUOTE="THE_BRUTALIZER"][QUOTE="Albert_King"]

yeah youre right able is definatly a grappler but then again hes quick AND powerful so you just gotta play off his strengths, i went through my able phase a few weeks ago then i moved on to zangief. hey tc if youre really having trouble with the game, maybe you should try the challenge made where you ahve to complete the objectives/combos/moves in order to advance. it REALLY helps to get you to understand how each player moves and whatnot. very useful if youre in need of help. although later in the levels the objectives get pretty insane. just dot get annoyed, try to remain cool and youll think clearly

yeah, im trying to use the rolls and now cancels to stay off the enemies too much......its really hard.... i havent even tried the challenge mode........ill give that a shot, thanks
THE_BRUTALIZER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 THE_BRUTALIZER

[QUOTE="THE_BRUTALIZER"][QUOTE="PSdual_wielder"]

PSdual_wielder

its not in the manual, learn it in trial mode, and also youtube videos. search 'daigo sf4' to get your feet wet. ;)

oh its not? nice..this might really help.......youtube is a great idea, thanks again
Albert_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Albert_King
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
however take note that the trial mode is also not so easy to pass, especially the hard one and when you are using joystick
Bioshockraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#29 Bioshockraptor
Member since 2008 • 21483 Posts

You obviously haven't played Ninja Gaiden then ...

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

It is horribly difficult and frustrating, but it's still fun as heck. I'm terrible at it, but I still find it a very enjoyable game. I just try not to take the game seriously and just play for fun. That has helped a lot actually.

pandaa_pops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 pandaa_pops
Member since 2009 • 47 Posts
meh, more practice my friend. but the part about the jonas brothers made me LOL. e honda's a fat douchei hated him since street fighter 2. Ken FTW scarlet warior 4ever
Vendrena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Vendrena
Member since 2006 • 852 Posts

i 'm having no trouble with the game...however i've been playing SF ever since i was a kid. Unlike almost all fighter like Tekken, MK, Soul Cal and Super Smash Bros you cant button mash. But in the other gamesdefense, a skilled play will be able to beat a BM, but in SF a BM will get no where and will notappreciatethe game. SF is all about timing and trying to read theopponentsmovements and using combos, timing to used your supers.

I do agree the music sucks hard balls, like whats with the gay pop highschool musical music and they did make the game hard for new comers. But if you like the game then stick with it and you'll get good over time . Sorry buddy but SF isn't any simple fighter, takes time to fully understand the and develop how to play.

I hate ken users because most of them are huge huge noobs, but i'm sad to say that i think you should start off with him or ryu to start you off.

lusitanogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lusitanogamer
Member since 2006 • 9338 Posts
I beat the game on hardest. Yay for me.:D I'll give you one advice. Don't use Abel on the hardest difficulties. Abel is good when you have a startegy against human players. Using him against the CPU is pretty much useless if you're not a master with him. I suggest using Sagat because he just pwns all.
zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#34 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

i'm getting the game next week i'll get to see how frustrating it is then.

Carnikoid85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#35 Carnikoid85
Member since 2005 • 534 Posts

I can understand your frustration because I have the same, I can beat everyone on Medium but Seth ... he's just impossible. Before playing SFIV I read that it was pretty hard, but I've played this series since NES, so I thought that it's hard to newcomers, because I played the whole time as Ryu and I learned a lot of combos and how and when to use it, but I was wrong. Even Online is frustrating, because how many times you play not against Sagat/Ken/Akuma? I cannot understand why Ken's dragon punch twice as powerfull as Ryu? The balance between characters really suck. I guess developers wanted that player after picking a character go straight to practice and learned every single combo and special move before playing the real game, where in Soul Calibur or Tekken you can jump right into the game even if you're a beginner.

Grizzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#36 Grizzel
Member since 2008 • 152 Posts

Word of advice.....Newegg.com.....$42 free shipping on controllers.......durr.

Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Furi-Kun
Member since 2007 • 10903 Posts

Was it just me or was Seth like impossible on easiest? And I've played street fighter before. He managed to perfect me and not usually that bad.

lusitanogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lusitanogamer

Was it just me or was Seth like impossible on easiest? And I've played street fighter before. He managed to perfect me and not usually that bad.

Furi-Kun
Seth is a cheap *******, but he's a piece of cake on easiest, even for inexperienced SF players. Did you really have that much of a trouble?
Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Furi-Kun
Member since 2007 • 10903 Posts

[QUOTE="Furi-Kun"]

lusitanogamer

Seth is a cheap *******, but he's a piece of cake on easiest, even for inexperienced SF players. Did you really have that much of a trouble?

Well he was kind of a piece of cake when I mastered Zangief, but with the charge characters, he kicked my butt. I'm so ashamed.:(

lusitanogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 lusitanogamer
[QUOTE="Furi-Kun"]

[QUOTE="lusitanogamer"][QUOTE="Furi-Kun"]

Well he was kind of a piece of cake when I mastered Zangief, but with the charge characters, he kicked my butt. I'm so ashamed.:(

On easiest you don't even need charge attacks to beat him. Just block, punch and kick and you should get the job done. He's easy to defeat with any character. On harder difficulties it's not easy to beat him with charge characters, but the thing with charge attack is that you have to think ahead of time. Once you learn to charge when you're doing a simple jump, things will be a lot easier. I personally love playing with Guile when it comes to charge characters.
Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#41 Koi-Neon-X
Member since 2009 • 2148 Posts

I just unlocked Gouken and Seth last night. Finally finished the gamewith everybody!As far as the difficulty is concerned with Seth on easiest I'll agree on using Sagat as he is just a BEAST of a fighter and don't let Seth breath. Just keep at him and he'll be doneand getting the moves down the training room is the way to go!

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

It feels like the game was meant to frustrate you.

The hard trials and beating seth on medium with everyone is a pain.

This game requires TOO much concentration and effort.

I know its all skills, but sometimes you just want to have fun not just keep trying and continuing...waste of time.

The best of sf4 is just by playing against someone next to you.

Looking forward to tekken 6 though.

Ciocio3I3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Ciocio3I3
Member since 2009 • 259 Posts
im through with internet fighting games theyre all lagathons
jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jeremiah06
Member since 2004 • 7217 Posts
[QUOTE="THE_BRUTALIZER"]

If not, PLEASE HELP ME.

The problem is simple you suck! Its fine we all suck sometimes I suck at FPS games but Fighting games I am the king I beat SSFTTHR on the hardest diffculty with Guile and I beat SFVI on extra hard with Gen it only took me about 15 tries all together(Thats no easy task, I've seen people well into their hundreds on Medium hard) I just destroy the competion at Soul Calibur 3 its not even a chlange to play on extreemly hard with Casandra I'm looking into part 4 for the online function.
Keasy4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Keasy4
Member since 2003 • 16843 Posts
i beat the game in the hardest difficaulty with akuma.. no problem.. tough but no problem..
xiixiix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46 xiixiix
Member since 2004 • 342 Posts

oh, sorry, i think your in the wrong forum. the "legit" constructively thinking critics section is somewhere else. Im sorry, sir, that i dont meet your standards. Would you like a cup o tea?

THE_BRUTALIZER

What does that even mean? Legit thinking is elsewhere? Does that mean your thread is for logical fallacies and nerd rage? Cause that's all I've seen. Lets break down what you've said:

you cant even mash buttons and get through levels like mortal kombat or tekken!! i mean CA MON!!!

THE_BRUTALIZER

So the introduction of player-required skill that you don't possess makes the game frustrating? It seems to me that a fairly universal negative critique of a fighting game is "It's just a button masher and takes no skill" and here you are complaining about the lack of this negative mark? Either you must be a "really good button masher" or it's the only way you can get through a fighting game. When you play Tetris do you just "slam all the blocks down as fast as i can wherever they land" and hope to clear a level? Or is that equally frustrating because "I have to actually like, look at the screen and like, figure stuff out and stuff."

Not only that, but the music on the main menu would be better EVEN if the Jonas Brothers featuring Miley Cirus would remake it.

THE_BRUTALIZER

ProTip: Personal preference does not a frustrating game make. I don't like the song either, but it doesn't frustrate me to the point of using caps and leaving a forum post about it. And how much of this song are you even hearing? I don't hear more than 10 seconds of it when I play. Pick a game mode, pick a character, and go.

Had your brought substance to your post such as "All Able does is grab me and spin-slam me for like 25% of my life 4 times in a row" I can see your point of furstrations. However, what you brought to the table was weak and reeked of Troll Post. Don't blame me for that, blame yourself.

RoOodriGowW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 RoOodriGowW
Member since 2008 • 3309 Posts

I can win in the hardest level easily using zangief on the other hand the same strategy doesn't work against other people online (If they're half good I mean) so my suggestion against AI would be zangief against people , patience , patience , patience which I haven't :P

tabben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 tabben
Member since 2003 • 517 Posts
Somethin tells me the OP gona go zerkmode when he reach Seth.
JJ_Productions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 JJ_Productions
Member since 2008 • 1067 Posts
i beat the game in the hardest difficaulty with akuma.. no problem.. tough but no problem..Keasy4
same here, but TC i can understand your pain, just whatever you do, dont throw your 60 dollar dualshock into ur 2000 dollar tv, believe, the price will add up
LORDDICE1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 LORDDICE1
Member since 2007 • 1263 Posts
Actually above normal difficulty the only way to win is through combos and um supers and ultras do not take 2 seconds to pull off for characters that dont need to charge. Plus the ones that do charge are blocking :). It sounds like you need to spend some time in the challenges! In short just because you suck at a game and dont understand the gameplay simmer down and appreciate those that understand the game. I am still amazed when i watch some of the tournaments for this game. Look for Sagat VS Dahlsim amazinf fight! [QUOTE="THE_BRUTALIZER"]

If not, PLEASE HELP ME.