So who played the Condemned 2 demo?

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts

I received an email this morning saying that the demo is available on PSN. I didn't play my PS3 last night so I wanted to know who actually played the demo?

What are your thoughts?

Blackwater001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Blackwater001
Member since 2008 • 531 Posts
Amazing! Simply put, its amazing. I found it hard though. Need more pratice.
adumar94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 adumar94
Member since 2004 • 826 Posts

I stayed up so late playing HSG that I forgot that I had even downloaded the Condemned 2 demo. I guess I have something to look forward to after work today.

mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mazing87

Amazing you say? That's good. I never played the first one since, well, I don't have a 360. I like survival horror games. You say it's hard, which means to me it's challenging. Thanks for your input.

Anyone else?

Amazing! Simply put, its amazing. I found it hard though. Need more pratice.Blackwater001

wenzke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 wenzke
Member since 2004 • 367 Posts
I have this for my X360 (I own both systems) and I can whole heartedly recommend it. The difficulty is scalable, and it is the most visceral experience avaible on a console. IF you think you can stomach the violence and enjoy horror, buy this game.
Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

Im not too sure about this one. I never get sick playing FPS games, but man, after 10 minutes on this demo, i was ready to puke, and no, not sick from the violence...the motion.

bigLLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 bigLLL
Member since 2005 • 3688 Posts
seems really good I played the first one on the 360 and everything seems improved, graphics have gotten better as well as the fighting mechanics and it seems to play really well on the ps3
jm1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jm1080
Member since 2007 • 274 Posts

It pretty good, I havnt completed the whole demo yet though, seem pretty long for what Ive played though. Im actually planning on buying it.

By the way, anyone having probs with sound? Like when u first start out and u open the door and the helicopter outside, the sound starts to chop. Then through the rest of the demo it stays like that. Hard to explain, like sound cuts out every couple secs or so and it stayed like that through out the demo. Is that how demo was released? Buggy? Hopefully full game isnt like that because I really want to buy this.

falconzss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 falconzss
Member since 2005 • 755 Posts

i've played the demo and it was good but unfortunately no game i would buy because i know i probably won't finish it. i am not so into these kind of games, so will pass on this one.

what i can say about the demo is that the visuals are great and it sure has atmosphere. i didn't found the demo to be difficult. i made it through the demo on my first try without any problems.

one thing that caught my attention is that there seems to be a little sound problem. if you run over a barrel or kick it the sound of the rolling barrel isn't going to stop for a while even if the barrel itself isn't moving anymore. maybe just my imagination but i thought this happend a few times during the demo.

Yero2115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Yero2115
Member since 2006 • 155 Posts
I was impressed with this.
POPEYE1716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 POPEYE1716
Member since 2003 • 4749 Posts
i am dling it right now so when i play it i will put my input in but it will be after 5 that is when i get home from work
ps3wizard45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 ps3wizard45
Member since 2007 • 12907 Posts
the demo was ok im gonna have to pass i only fps not fpp games
mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mazing87

I'll probably have my copy by then. I had plans on buying it from the start. The positive reviews, even some of you guys giving good input from the demo, is reassuring.

The gamers who mentioned sound problems, it must be just the demo, as practically every review I have read so far, praised the sound as one of the strongest elements in the game.

i am dling it right now so when i play it i will put my input in but it will be after 5 that is when i get home from workPOPEYE1716

FearTheRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FearTheRain
Member since 2008 • 1470 Posts

I own the game and I love it. However I don't think it warrants a purchase. It's all campaign. Go rent this game. :)

tommcruise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 tommcruise
Member since 2007 • 719 Posts
From what I played I believe part 1 felt better. However, its a demo... I'll get the complete game. Gauranteed to love it.
mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mazing87
Your comment suggest you are too online dependent. I'm still buying. If the campaign is good, it's a must buy...period!!

I own the game and I love it. However I don't think it warrants a purchase. It's all campaign. Go rent this game. :)

FearTheRain
FearTheRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FearTheRain
Member since 2008 • 1470 Posts
Your comment suggest you are too online dependent. I'm still buying. If the campaign is good, it's a must buy...period!![QUOTE="FearTheRain"]

mrvic87

Actually I almost never play On-line multiplayer on any game. I only made that comment, because the majority of people who game in this generation only care about Multiplayer. A lot of people will buy a game and neve play the campaign. It's crazy, but true. :P

mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mazing87

So you're making that comment for them or for yourself? :| If you never play multiplayer, then you should have commented on how you truly feel about the game from your taste/likings. Not because this gen is too dependent on the online. That's what's wrong with this generation of gamers. They think if a game doesn't have multiplayer or isn't up to par to other games, then the game isn't as good.

Online can be fun but it's not what makes a game a must buy. Sometimes, I don't want to play online in which I hear constant immaturity or play with cheaters and hackers. Offline games are just as enjoyable as games with multiplayer. :D

[QUOTE="mrvic87"]Your comment suggest you are too online dependent. I'm still buying. If the campaign is good, it's a must buy...period!![QUOTE="FearTheRain"]

FearTheRain

Actually I almost never play On-line multiplayer on any game. I only made that comment, because the majority of people who game in this generation only care about Multiplayer. A lot of people will buy a game and neve play the campaign. It's crazy, but true. :P

POPEYE1716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 POPEYE1716
well the demo was done before i went to work so i played it and WOW this is going to be a game i purchase but i see my self playing it in the dark so i can get the feel of the environment i might go buy it today(it is out right i believe).
POPEYE1716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 POPEYE1716
about the online gaming i love online gaming but i also love just relaxing and playing a good game like in the old days i mean if you buy a game for online like COD4 then yeah you play online i dont even think i played singleplayer of that game because it is like every other COD game your in a squad and you go town-town killing not even really a story there but games like MGS and so fourth you know they willl have a great story so you tend to buy those types of games for single player.
Assassinslay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Assassinslay
Member since 2007 • 1366 Posts
It's a good demo. I wanted more!
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts
yaa i played it yesterday and it was like whaat thaa , lol , its like im in a scary movie or something lo , not my type of games
MyzeDivine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MyzeDivine
Member since 2007 • 916 Posts

It's a good game. I wouldn't call it great. If you don't see yourself buying anything else anytime soon, I guess I could recommend it based off of the demo. I don't see anything special about the game, however, and it's definitely not scary and doesn't even retain a creepy factor. The melee system is really cool though, and I did enjoy that part a lot.

I think the demo isn't an accurate representation of the difficulty because it was ridiculously easy, since after each kill you could sit there for a sec and regain health to full (it's like Resistance's health system, 1/2 way on one bar and that bar will fill back up). The problem was there were rarely more than 2-3 mobs to kill and health packs ALL over the place, so it was near impossible to die. However, like I said, I'm sure it's different in the full game, having difficulty settings and later on having more to fight at once.

Anyway, I just wouldn't see myself buying it. I will probably rent it to play through the SP once, one day. After reading some reviews and previews of the game, I was expecting something scary or at least creepy (Bioshock), but it was nothing of the sort since most of the scare tactics were very cliché (ie., when the wheelchair rolls out inside the hospital). Also, it's nowhere near as important as the other things, but the graphics aren't very good. Yes, most of what I've said is negative, but I still thought the demo was fairly decent, and it's fun, just not enough so where I would buy it.

useLOGIC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 useLOGIC
Member since 2006 • 2802 Posts
they did a good job of animating the fights. it feels so real the way they did it... the way someone stumbles away as you hit them perfectly and then the way they come back swinging.. its cool.
moshakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 moshakirby
Member since 2006 • 1502 Posts
I found it difficult to distinguise between the black background and the black characters :/
ScottEFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ScottEFresh
Member since 2003 • 1574 Posts
I liked it but I don't know if it's worth a buy with all these other great games comming out.
moshakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 moshakirby
Member since 2006 • 1502 Posts
I found it difficult to distinguish between the black background and the black characters :/moshakirby

Wait wait wait, I increased the brightness and just kicked a guy in the head as he was about to get up, blood n a crunch n stuff, this game is awesome :D
ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#28 ZimpanX
Member since 2005 • 12636 Posts

I loved it. :)

I want a PC version though as I played the first one on the PC.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts
Its a really fun game. I recommend a buy.
truenextgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 truenextgen
Member since 2007 • 3911 Posts
I wont play demos anymore. Demos made people think Uncharted was this stupid run threw a one way street jungle. The demo stunk, game was a 10. Demo also made ratchet seem like this lined city junkie game. And that was not true. Game was a 10. Demo stunk. Although Timeshift Demo was not bad, Game stunk! Demos are teh worst thing to gaming. And at one time I thought they were one of the best things to it.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ea874e06483b
deactivated-5ea874e06483b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5ea874e06483b
Member since 2006 • 2896 Posts
Omg ! Thanks for telling me that Condemned 2 demo was on PSN, I'll download it right away! :D
gowthamspa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 gowthamspa
Member since 2007 • 1847 Posts
I am downloading right now.
mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mazing87
I felt the same way about Uncharted. And I guess that is why I plan to purchase the game without even trying the demo. One thing is for sure is that I haven't tried a demo and bought a game to which I didn't enjoy it. So most people are saying that they liked the demo. Even gamers who won't buy the game, liked the demo. I'm just waiting for the end of day to pick my copy up.
I wont play demos anymore. Demos made people think Uncharted was this stupid run threw a one way street jungle. The demo stunk, game was a 10. Demo also made ratchet seem like this lined city junkie game. And that was not true. Game was a 10. Demo stunk. Although Timeshift Demo was not bad, Game stunk! Demos are teh worst thing to gaming. And at one time I thought they were one of the best things to it. truenextgen
GTA_MGS_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GTA_MGS_1
Member since 2008 • 524 Posts
Not yet, I'll download it later people
P08C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 P08C
Member since 2008 • 729 Posts
this was absolutely sweet and if i had the money i would want to buy the game.......graphics are pretty awesome too
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts

The default settings were a little too dark. I stumbled around before I could increase the brightness...

I didn't get the scare I was hoping to get, but the messages you get when you fiddle with he TVs are pretty darn creepy.

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
I played it. It's a great game and I am not a big fan of horror (read: weenie). :P Just the creepy atmosphere it evokes its so great and immersive. It makes you jump a couple of times which is needed. If I loved survival horror, I'd be all over this one.
truenextgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 truenextgen
Member since 2007 • 3911 Posts
Ill probably rent it. I kind alike the horror stuff. More so like Silent Hill thow. Although I am a big RE fan also. And even Fatal Frame was pretty dang cool. I was gonna buy it. But it seemed to me more like a Manhunt bloodbath, than horror. So I figure ill just rent.
hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#39 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
Mazing it was freaky. I played it this morning before work
SSJ_Nega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SSJ_Nega
Member since 2005 • 3171 Posts

I made a US account just to download the demo, seeing as it's not available in the UK.

The demo was great. It was pretty creepy, especially the atmosphere, with that weird tar stuff smeared on everything. The music also added to the creepiness, it was basically just a loud wailing noise going on and on and on.

My only complaint is the motion. The game seemed very blurry and when you consider that Ethan sways from side to side everytime he moves and that he's all over the place when he fights then it can cause a headache.

My overall opinion is that it seems to be a great game and if you played the first one then you'll enjoy this one also. I'll be picking it up on day one.

mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mazing87
Trig, you picked it up? Or are you talking about the demo?
Mazing it was freaky. I played it this morning before workhiryu3
igotdez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 igotdez
Member since 2007 • 146 Posts
is this game out on ps3 now?
Gamerboi27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43 Gamerboi27
Member since 2005 • 3261 Posts
tbh...i didnt like it...the graphics arnt as good as i thought and theres really nothing that WOWs me
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

is this game out on ps3 now?igotdez

Yea

dmc_freak978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 dmc_freak978
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts
Already played the demo and it was AWESOME! Im into survival horror , and i played condemned 1, this game is unique!
For once its better to hit enemies with wooden planks than guns!!
cooldust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 cooldust
Member since 2006 • 3283 Posts
Amazing cant wait 2 get it
Masterbeat2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Masterbeat2
Member since 2007 • 766 Posts
ROFL:lol:
AdaMoochUD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 AdaMoochUD
Member since 2007 • 164 Posts

about the online gaming i love online gaming but i also love just relaxing and playing a good game like in the old days i mean if you buy a game for online like COD4 then yeah you play online i dont even think i played singleplayer of that game because it is like every other COD game your in a squad and you go town-town killing not even really a story there but games like MGS and so fourth you know they willl have a great story so you tend to buy those types of games for single player.POPEYE1716

Dude, I enjoyed the single player of COD4 better than the online. You should play it.

Matt2556

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Matt2556
Member since 2008 • 1211 Posts
Its pretty short but the hand to hand fighting system is awesome. Im gonna try to rent it later tonight so wish me luck if they have it, haha.
SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14803 Posts
I thought it sucked. It was too predictable for me and I found the enemies to be more annoying than creepy.