So much negativity

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

agarwal_a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 agarwal_a
Member since 2009 • 97 Posts
Why is MW3 being directed to so much negativity? 1. The story in both the previous titles was decent. Battlefield makes sp looks like bots were playing. 2. The multiplayer is a blast. It's pick up and play. Battlefield is too much tactical. And though battlefield's tacticality makes online a great thing, cod multiplayer seems fine. 3. Overpriced DLC?! if you dont like it, dont buy it. Even bf2 had the Vietnam dlc. 4. Spec ops. This is one of the things that silenced quite a lot of folks..... 5.underage players. Well, its in the console not in the game. Kids are just too stupid to play battlefield though. ;) 6. Second chance, stopping power and the other **** are out!!! I'm gonna buy both, but I am more inclined towards mw3....
GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Its the same game...

same weapons...

same multiplayer style....

same cinematics....

no new innovative things.

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts

Its the same game...

same weapons...

same cinematics....

GTR12
Bingo, don't forget the same slow-motion sequence where you have to shoot someone.
doomguy9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 doomguy9
Member since 2011 • 355 Posts

Its the same game...

same weapons...

same cinematics....

GTR12

This is pretty much it. MW3 will practiaclly be a glorified MW2 expansion.

BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BibiMaghoo
Member since 2009 • 4018 Posts

you mention vietnam DLC, obviously you never played it. The HUGE amount of content people were given for the price of three COD maps makes every MW dlc a complete joke. For £10 you got 5 maps, about 12 new weapons, a complete soundtrack and new vehicles. To even mention it in the same vain as a COD map pack of the same price is a joke.

Avatar image for DonnaTwoPointOh
DonnaTwoPointOh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DonnaTwoPointOh
Member since 2011 • 59 Posts
I'm sort of with you on this on, OP. A lot of people who have become disillusioned with COD argue that it's just going to be a rehashed version of MW2. They're right, of course. However, you do need to take into account that that is what a lot of the COD fanboys want. The same old thing with a few minor changes and new maps. Nothing wrong with that. If you don't like the game well then, Activision isn't holding an overrated AK74u to your head and forcing you to buy it. Personally, I enjoyed both MW2 and BF2 and I will be getting both their successors.
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#7 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

Personally I'm just sick of hearing about it. How can people play the same damned game over and over and over? Good grief.

BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BibiMaghoo
Member since 2009 • 4018 Posts
[QUOTE="DonnaTwoPointOh"]I'm sort of with you on this on, OP. A lot of people who have become disillusioned with COD argue that it's just going to be a rehashed version of MW2. They're right, of course. However, you do need to take into account that that is what a lot of the COD fanboys want. The same old thing with a few minor changes and new maps. Nothing wrong with that. If you don't like the game well then, Activision isn't holding an overrated AK74u to your head and forcing you to buy it. Personally, I enjoyed both MW2 and BF2 and I will be getting both their successors.

This is true in that alot of people are looking for an updated version of a game they love. But how far can you take this without some inovation? 2 games? 3? 8? I think that is the main problem, it has been to many games since COD has applied anything that has really changed the games for the better.
GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GTR12

[QUOTE="GTR12"]

Its the same game...

same weapons...

same cinematics....

MushroomWig

Bingo, don't forget the same slow-motion sequence where you have to shoot someone.

Thats cinematics.

PixelAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 PixelAddict
Member since 2008 • 2237 Posts

Its the same game...

same weapons...

same cinematics....

GTR12

Um... you just described pretty much every FPS out there. I revise that. There are no exceptions. That's every FPS out there. Anyone who thinks otherwise is looking through fanboy-shaded glasses.

Like it or not, a producer is not going to let a dev break a (successful) mold.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

MW3 looks like BLOPs/ WaW/ MW2/ MW... and that's just too many in a row. Man cannot live on XP alone. To be susinct: I'm plain ol' tired of military-based FPS. Much as I would love to smash Tom McShae in the puss with a frying pan, I agree with him that military shooters are boring, glorification machines for the recruiters. I don't think they're "murder simulators", but I do think they paint a rather unrealistic expectation in young minds about what combat really is all about (and I have been as guilty as the next guy for indulging to this point).

I think that military-based FPS should have class systems, medics, and one-shot-you're-down-possibly-dead mechanics, with no respawn. Ever. When you die in the game, you can't ever play again. Period. If you're hit in the arm, you lose use of it. If your leg is hit you'll need a prosthesis, a wheelchair, and perhaps a bag to catch what your guts used to.

THAT would be a good new take on the genre.

ThePerro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#13 ThePerro
Member since 2006 • 3105 Posts

I really enjoyed the campaign in MW2, I'd expect if anything, MW3 will have just as enjoyable a campaign mode, but I still play MW1 from time to time just because it's the only FPS that I have.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#14 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Its the same game...

same weapons...

same cinematics....

GTR12

Agreed, "BUT" at the same time that can be said about most successful shooter franchises. It takes years for a shooter to do anything innovative or different....if Devs take a chance and try something different it's a crap-shoot and "MOST" of the time they lose.

COD is basiclly the John Madden of shooters....same gameplay with minor updates. Bottom line if you don't like it, don't buy it...don't hate on the people who do enjoy it. Personally, I like COD because it's a casual gamers shooter...even though I prefer tactical shooters not everyone on my PSN and LIVE accounts have the patients for them.

So when I want to hook up with family a friends who are not into the tactical stuff, I play COD..."NOW" don't take that as an insult guys because COD is like all video games...it's meant for fun and that's all that matters.:)

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MarcRecon

I still play MW1 from time to time just because it's the only FPS that I have.

ThePerro

Dude, is it still Hack hell in the MP??:P

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MarcRecon

MW3 looks like BLOPs/ WaW/ MW2/ MW... and that's just too many in a row. Man cannot live on XP alone. To be susinct: I'm plain ol' tired of military-based FPS. Much as I would love to smash Tom McShae in the puss with a frying pan, I agree with him that military shooters are boring, glorification machines for the recruiters. I don't think they're "murder simulators", but I do think they paint a rather unrealistic expectation in young minds about what combat really is all about (and I have been as guilty as the next guy for indulging to this point).

I think that military-based FPS should have class systems, medics, and one-shot-you're-down-possibly-dead mechanics, with no respawn. Ever. When you die in the game, you can't ever play again. Period. If you're hit in the arm, you lose use of it. If your leg is hit you'll need a prosthesis, a wheelchair, and perhaps a bag to catch what your guts used to.

MonkeySpot

Very well said Monk:)

ThePerro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#17 ThePerro
Member since 2006 • 3105 Posts

[QUOTE="ThePerro"]

MarcRecon

Didn't really notice how crap it started to become until just recently. I'll probably wait for BF3 to come out and see how playable that game is.

thepinkzee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 thepinkzee
Member since 2007 • 206 Posts

Honestly don't blame the Dev's, every year the COD sales keep on increasing and its the peoples fault. If people like it why take a ballsy chance to change it up. Activision isn't

gonna take that chance to try to innovate one of there best selling franchises. Once COD sales are down then we'll see a change in the series. Its all about business to

Activision.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

MarcRecon

Very well said Monk:)

Thanks!

I've been studying the history of the US Marine Corps lately, and in reading what I have about Iwo Jima, I just can't look at these games the same way ever again. No one, of any nationality, should after learning about the sacrifice made by it's young men & women of the armed forces. And these games do sort of marginalize and trivialize those sacrifices. I personally would never want to be put in the situation of having to put a .50 cal round into another human being, or take one for that matter. Taking a human life is an upsetting thing, to put it mildly.

I revere all the kids (I'm old so I can call them that) in uniform, for every nation around the world, and I hope for all of them to see peacetime and a long, boringly safe life in the military!

Respect to you all, but special respect for those who are serving no matter who's flag you're serving under!

jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts
its all the SAME
Dion2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Dion2k7
Member since 2007 • 1353 Posts
Im getting both perhaps, I just got battlefield 2 cheap so going to give the series a try. Ive always enjoyed the Call of duty stories as of late so i guess thats why i may have missed BF games
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

Its the same game...

same weapons...

same cinematics....

GTR12
Plus it'll have the same twist in the story that we saw a mile away in the MW2 one.
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MarcRecon

[QUOTE="MarcRecon"]

[QUOTE="ThePerro"]

ThePerro

Didn't really notice how crap it started to become until just recently. I'll probably wait for BF3 to come out and see how playable that game is.

Crap doesn't even come close to what COD4 has become since the hackers took over!!!

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

[QUOTE="GTR12"]

Its the same game...

same weapons...

same cinematics....

PixelAddict

Um... you just described pretty much every FPS out there. I revise that. There are no exceptions. That's every FPS out there. Anyone who thinks otherwise is looking through fanboy-shaded glasses.

Like it or not, a producer is not going to let a dev break a (successful) mold.

You should play TF2. It's like no other fps.
Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

MonkeySpot

I think you are describing real life or Arma2 or Op Flashpoint lol. Been a while Monkey

Peppeoll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Peppeoll
Member since 2006 • 138 Posts

People say that its the same game, but when has that ever mattered? People play games from franchises that release a new game every year, with just a few tweaks. And that hasnt stopped them. Madden is a great example. They pretty much release the same game every year with a few tweaks yet it sells are skyhigh.

I dont think that its the fact that people dont like the game, i think its because everyone wants to jump on the wagon and say what everyone else says. Its somehow "cool" to be angry at something now, and be different. Sometimes people get angry at new innovative ideas because it ruins the games, and other times they just want a new game completely.

Anywho, the fact of the matter is that the negativity that surrounds this issue will not make the game sell any less copies. It will probably be the best selling game of this year. ANd for those who are negative, you will probably be that until the day it comes out and realize that you cant really play any other game than call of duty, so you'll go back to it.

CHEERS!

KamuiFei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#28 KamuiFei
Member since 2003 • 4334 Posts

[QUOTE="GTR12"]

Its the same game...

same weapons...

same cinematics....

MarcRecon

Agreed, "BUT" at the same time that can be said about most successful shooter franchises. It takes years for a shooter to do anything innovative or different....if Devs take a chance and try something different it's a crap-shoot and "MOST" of the time they lose.

COD is basiclly the John Madden of shooters....same gameplay with minor updates. Bottom line if you don't like it, don't buy it...don't hate on the people who do enjoy it. Personally, I like COD because it's a casual gamers shooter...even though I prefer tactical shooters not everyone on my PSN and LIVE accounts have the patients for them.

So when I want to hook up with family a friends who are not into the tactical stuff, I play COD..."NOW" don't take that as an insult guys because COD is like all video games...it's meant for fun and that's all that matters.:)

More people on Gamespot need this mentality. Stop hatin on CoD or BF or whatever just because you don't like it. Its not like the FPS genre "needs" innovation for it to be fun. I'm getting both BF3 and MW3, chances are I'll like MW3 more because I prefer faster pace and smaller maps in FPS games. But I'm not gonna run around calling people idiots or fanboys just because they'll like BF3 more. You like what you like. Who cares what others think?

Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts
[QUOTE="GTR12"]

Its the same game...

same weapons...

same cinematics....

exactly.
bobdood99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 bobdood99
Member since 2007 • 1862 Posts

Its the same game...

same weapons... Every FPS have the same weapons. They're just different skins with different bullet sounds and different kicks.

same multiplayer ****... All FPS games have the same gameplay.. Point and shoot

same cinematics....At least Call of Duty has cinematics. Battlefield was a horrid single player.

no new innovative things. What's new in any FPS? They all have the same exact gameplay types. Free for all, TDM, CTF, Domination, etc.

GTR12

So are the Battlefield games.... They're both FPS games... What can you really change?

Just-Breathe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Just-Breathe
Member since 2011 • 3130 Posts

Its the same game...

same weapons...

same cinematics....

GTR12
Well, this gentleman summed it up pretty much perfectly :P
Mega_Mustaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Mega_Mustaine
Member since 2005 • 674 Posts

What turned me off was the rehashing of not only crappy cinematics and graphics, but the sound effects! The game feels so much like MW2 in large part due the exact same sound effects when you're walking on metal/ground/etc. The weapons level thing could be interested, but that's a freaking DLC feature they could add. Will definitely not be buying MW3- I bought MW2 and BLOPs and have had enough. 3 consecutive years, I'll be buying Resistance 3 or Battlefield 3, in addition to certainly Uncharted and Skyrim.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

I would never spend more than $25-$30 on a COD game, and that's mainly because they have just become too much of the same. Not to mention, it sort of holds your hand in mp by telling you exactly what to do to level up, leaving you really not needing much skill to rank on up. The only reason I switched to it over BC2 was because the BC2 servers won't let me finish a full online game anymore, but I'm hoping BF3 will have better servers since MOH did and that mp was also done by DICE.

This isn't to say COD is horrible, it's just that there are far better games out, especially for this fall/winter. It just gets annoying when you hear everyone talking about it and not even knowing or caring that other games exist, so I'd say that the casual gamer fanbase pretty much ruins it for me (even though I found out I rather enjoy the mp and BC2's mp because they're different styles of play). Plus, it's going up against BF3, which looks to be pretty awesome, that is as long as all the major hype around it doesn't lead to disappointment (really, EA is putting too much hype into it).

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts
I don't care about CoD. Those game just fail to catch my intrest. But I wish people would stop hating on it already. If you don't like it then don't buy it, just ignore the game. It's really annoying to see a war between BF and CoD every time there is news about those games. And tbh if I were Activision I would do the same. Release the same stuff over and over with overpriced dlc and make millions upon millions in the proces. Admit it, you would do it too. Oh and btw TC you said the frist ones had a decent story well I played the first one and tbh I didn't notice any story at all. It was like I was just doing random missions. :/ That's just me, though.
nitroRCman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 nitroRCman
Member since 2004 • 147 Posts

As with music and any other art form, gaming is completely subjective. I personally cannot stand the series, but they're obviously doing something right with it. I'm sure many will agree though, nothing is worse than a gamer who A: Just plays FPS, or B: Just plays COD......there is just too many great titles out there to ONLY play FPS (and all my friends who play COD, ONLY play COD) All subjective though, to each their own!

glitch2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 glitch2424
Member since 2006 • 897 Posts

Its the same game...

same weapons...

same cinematics....

GTR12

ERR! wrong! New weapons and different multiplayer style (it introduces a NEW xp system, where depending which pack you choose, you will be rewarded for offensive or defensive capabilities). But cinematics are the same - but what's wrong with that? The only thing I don't like about it is that the graphics aren't updated one bit.

I believe the only things that BF3 has over MW3 is better graphics (and maybe sound?) and a DIFFERENT (note, not necessarily better) kind of gameplay, BF3 being more tactical like TP said.

I agree though, ppl are hating too much - but of all honestly BF3 will be more successful on PC's than on consoles, thanks to dumbed down controls and graphics on the console version.

Remember, InfinityWard has yet to make a bad MW game. I like both games, but depending on what reviews show me, I might be thinking of getting BF3 - but if BF3 turns out to be not as good as hoped (bad AI, lackluster single player experience, glitchy/derivative multiplayer), MW3 is gonna be a sure bet. Ppl are just hating just to hate in this case, b/c if logic serves me right (seeing from gameplay videos from both MW3 and BF3), BF3 has a lot to prove, and MW3 has little to improve on

unrealtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 unrealtron
Member since 2010 • 3148 Posts
I don't care if doesn't reinvent FPS, I'm still buying it.
GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GTR12

[QUOTE="GTR12"]

Its the same game...

same weapons...

same cinematics....

glitch2424

ERR! wrong! New weapons and different multiplayer style (it introduces a NEW xp system, where depending which pack you choose, you will be rewarded for offensive or defensive capabilities). But cinematics are the same - but what's wrong with that? The only thing I don't like about it is that the graphics aren't updated one bit.

I believe the only things that BF3 has over MW3 is better graphics (and maybe sound?) and a DIFFERENT (note, not necessarily better) kind of gameplay, BF3 being more tactical like TP said.

I agree though, ppl are hating too much - but of all honestly BF3 will be more successful on PC's than on consoles, thanks to dumbed down controls and graphics on the console version.

Remember, InfinityWard has yet to make a bad MW game. I like both games, but depending on what reviews show me, I might be thinking of getting BF3 - but if BF3 turns out to be not as good as hoped (bad AI, lackluster single player experience, glitchy/derivative multiplayer), MW3 is gonna be a sure bet. Ppl are just hating just to hate in this case, b/c if logic serves me right (seeing from gameplay videos from both MW3 and BF3), BF3 has a lot to prove, and MW3 has little to improve on

Try something different, I was never hatin g on COD, its just a bit boring same-old-same-old mentality. BF3 has brought back jets and vehicles, COD doesn't have to follow the same suit, but how about a completely different multiplayer added to the game? If you dont like it, theres always the old one to fall back on.

They could create a hardcore mode or something, where as Monkey said, 1 shot and your dead or severely limited.

I understand the graphics cant be improved a lot, because of console limitations, I have nothing against that. Its just the gameplay thats been the same, it doesn't challenge any of the veteran COD people anymore.

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

Its the same game...

same weapons...

same cinematics....

GTR12

No, it's not, honestly. So many people say this and it's simply not true. New campaign, 20 new MP maps, new MP perks, killstreaks, guns, game modes, Survival Spec Ops, and a MW2-like Spec Ops, that's loads morethan BF3 has.... People never have any facts to back up their claims, MW3 i innovating more than BF3 and that's a fact.

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

People are just tired of COD, especially since there's been a new one just about every year for awhile now...

hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 hanslacher54
Member since 2007 • 3659 Posts

Deathstreaks are back.... 'nuff said.

glitch2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 glitch2424
Member since 2006 • 897 Posts

Oops, i didn't mean to imply that you specifically was hating, I was just trying to correct the idea that people have of cod. I know where you're coming from though, and I do admit, it's a bit too early for ANOTHER I.W. game. But who knows, when the fall rolls around, I might feel up like picking up on COD again, and I think many others will feel the same (if MW3 does good in reviews, that is)

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

I find it hilarious everytime I see someone complain about COD being the same thing all the time. Its as if no one here has played the good ol' shooter back on the PC. In an FPS you point and shoot, you play the same TDM, DM, Capture the Flag, Demolition, etc. REALISTICALLY there has been no recent FPS shooter that has brought anything new to the table -- and I'm talkin about totally brand new never before seen in this gen. What about the same guns? Its not like there are hundreds of brand new guns in the modern world every year, its as if everyone is asking for to have made up guns, get real...

This whole trend of hating on COD and joinin the BF3 bandwagon is just stupid, and a waste of time, but apparently, a lot of people have a lot of time on their hands, the funniest thing is that MW3 is bound to sell more than the amount of copies that Black Ops has had and I bet some of you're friends and family will be getting it, hell... one of you may get it too and not admit it, hypocrits.

H_M_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 H_M_1
Member since 2011 • 1150 Posts

I find it hilarious everytime I see someone complain about COD being the same thing all the time. Its as if no one here has played the good ol' shooter back on the PC. In an FPS you point and shoot, you play the same TDM, DM, Capture the Flag, Demolition, etc. REALISTICALLY there has been no recent FPS shooter that has brought anything new to the table -- and I'm talkin about totally brand new never before seen in this gen. What about the same guns? Its not like there are hundreds of brand new guns in the modern world every year, its as if everyone is asking for to have made up guns, get real...

This whole trend of hating on COD and joinin the BF3 bandwagon is just stupid, and a waste of time, but apparently, a lot of people have a lot of time on their hands, the funniest thing is that MW3 is bound to sell more than the amount of copies that Black Ops has had and I bet some of you're friends and family will be getting it, hell... one of you may get it too and not admit it, hypocrits.

WR_Platinum

Don't worry, I have no intention of Hypocrisy, I don't like the fact that the people on COD (a lot of kids) don't understand 'teamwork', you may even get a nasty message or comment if you 'steal' someone's kill, when you were only trying to help them.

LazyMushroom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 LazyMushroom
Member since 2011 • 914 Posts

Not much will change but I don't mind Call of Duty.

agarwal_a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 agarwal_a

[QUOTE="GTR12"]

Its the same game...

same weapons... Every FPS have the same weapons. They're just different skins with different bullet sounds and different kicks.

same multiplayer ****... All FPS games have the same gameplay.. Point and shoot

same cinematics....At least Call of Duty has cinematics. Battlefield was a horrid single player.

no new innovative things. What's new in any FPS? They all have the same exact gameplay types. Free for all, TDM, CTF, Domination, etc.

bobdood99

So are the Battlefield games.... They're both FPS games... What can you really change?

Most of the people don't have a problem with COD. It's just 'crowd mentality'. Mw2 was a great game. It had a good story. I played the story about 5-7 times. Really loved it. And the only Games whose single players have been picked up by me more than once are uc2, gow and gta4. And cinematics! Bf2 Sp feels like bots playing mp. Mw2 HAD THE BEST ONLINE SERVICE. I know probably I'd be termed as a noob, and all that **** but the only thing that makes cod different from the rest is that noobs have noobish abilities/weapons(second chance/noob tube). This makes them feel they play well while the pros clog the **** out of them. And yes, I threw the controller down when last chance and noobs took me out, but I came back for more. ALWAYS. And tactics??? Demolition and ctf, s&d can only be won while having the mike on and having 2-5 other friends in the lobby. ID SAY the extra content cod offers is also worth the package...
GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GTR12

Most of the people don't have a problem with COD. It's just 'crowd mentality'. Mw2 was a great game. It had a good story. I played the story about 5-7 times. Really loved it. And the only Games whose single players have been picked up by me more than once are uc2, gow and gta4. And cinematics! Bf2 Sp feels like bots playing mp. Mw2 HAD THE BEST ONLINE SERVICE. I know probably I'd be termed as a noob, and all that **** but the only thing that makes cod different from the rest is that noobs have noobish abilities/weapons(second chance/noob tube). This makes them feel they play well while the pros clog the **** out of them. And yes, I threw the controller down when last chance and noobs took me out, but I came back for more. ALWAYS. And tactics??? Demolition and ctf, s&d can only be won while having the mike on and having 2-5 other friends in the lobby. ID SAY the extra content cod offers is also worth the package...agarwal_a

No way did MW2 have the best online service, I had it and got rid of it when there were hacks, is BLOPS hacked yet?

The story was way too short, look at the older COD games and you will see they respected SP, its just MP now. I wouldn't give any FPS a "best online service" tag. That would have to go to LBP probably, but thats besides the point.

If your saying CTF and demo is extra content, then Im sure BF3 and even BFBC2 had those under a allternate name.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

why doesnt EA port BF3 to the wii?so what if its dumbed down.. activision can do it with CoD...for that reason alone.. i support Call of duty. hope BF3 gets its but kicked like it did with bad company 2.

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

[QUOTE="WR_Platinum"]

H_M_1

Don't worry, I have no intention of Hypocrisy, I don't like the fact that the people on COD (a lot of kids) don't understand 'teamwork', you may even get a nasty message or comment if you 'steal' someone's kill, when you were only trying to help them.

That has nothing to do with what WR_Platinum said, and that's not CoD's fault if people don't have teamwork, to be honest, BF3 will probably have just as much of a lack of teamwork. CoD shouldn't have to reinvent the wheel to not be hated, they're adding more features than BF3. Besides some jets and graphical changes, BF3 isn't much different than other BFs. MW3 will have two new Spec Ops modes.

agarwal_a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 agarwal_a

[QUOTE="H_M_1"]

[QUOTE="WR_Platinum"]

StealthMonkey4

That has nothing to do with what WR_Platinum said, and that's not CoD's fault if people don't have teamwork, to be honest, BF3 will probably have just as much of a lack of teamwork. CoD shouldn't have to reinvent the wheel to not be hated, they're adding more features than BF3. Besides some jets and graphical changes, BF3 isn't much different than other BFs. MW3 will have two new Spec Ops modes.

Monkey just stole my lines..... ;P