So after the GTA4 incident will you buy GTA5?

• 98 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 odin2019
Member since 2006 • 4677 Posts

I don't think I will. Regardless of what anyone says or how high the reviews are it won't matter to me because GTA4 was not near as good as what I expected. Yet you still have some websites that are talking about what the ps4 could do for GTA5 well I could care less because I thought thats what GTA4 was supposed to do for this gen and it has failed to do so. It will be interesting to see how the public responds to the next GTA game made by rockstar after all these overrated reviews that have been released. I would be surprised if the game was to make half as much profit as this GTA game has done.

aaron6581230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 aaron6581230
Member since 2005 • 2133 Posts
What GTA4 incident? You mean the freezing/bricking problem that was overly exagerated over the internet that Rockstar and Sony quickly fixed? On my part, I think they did a great job when they found that there was a problem with the game
odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 odin2019

What GTA4 incident? You mean the freezing/bricking problem that was overly exagerated over the internet that Rockstar and Sony quickly fixed? On my part, I think they did a great job when they found that there was a problem with the gameaaron6581230

Thats not even close to the problem that is going on. All if not most of those 10 out 10 reviews you see on gamerankings.com have been rigged by rockstar.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 avataraang1
Member since 2006 • 5436 Posts
The only incident I see is that GTA4 isnt fun after the story mode is over
dangerd0g24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 dangerd0g24
Member since 2008 • 1455 Posts
thats not going to stop me who really cares and i am sure that they will have it sorted out next time.
Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts

[QUOTE="aaron6581230"]What GTA4 incident? You mean the freezing/bricking problem that was overly exagerated over the internet that Rockstar and Sony quickly fixed? On my part, I think they did a great job when they found that there was a problem with the gameodin2019

Thats not even close to the problem that is going on. All if not most of those 10 out 10 reviews you see on gamerankings.com have been rigged by rockstar.

Rigged how? Actually screw it, I don't care how, this just reeks of typical backlash from something that becomes "too" popular. The game is great and deserves its scores.

odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 odin2019
[QUOTE="odin2019"]

[QUOTE="aaron6581230"]What GTA4 incident? You mean the freezing/bricking problem that was overly exagerated over the internet that Rockstar and Sony quickly fixed? On my part, I think they did a great job when they found that there was a problem with the gameLarge_Soda

Rigged how? Actually screw it, I don't care how, this just reeks of typical backlash from something that becomes "too" popular. The game is great and deserves its scores.

All you have to do is type in GTA4 reviews rigged by rockstar on google and you will be directed to whats going on. I have come to the conclusion about some of you all and that is that either you all are not hard to impress when it comes to games or you are just huge fans of GTA in general.

gruoch1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gruoch1
Member since 2003 • 1178 Posts
[QUOTE="Large_Soda"][QUOTE="odin2019"]

[QUOTE="aaron6581230"]What GTA4 incident? You mean the freezing/bricking problem that was overly exagerated over the internet that Rockstar and Sony quickly fixed? On my part, I think they did a great job when they found that there was a problem with the gameodin2019

All you have to do is type in GTA4 reviews rigged by rockstar on google and you will be directed to whats going on. I have come to the conclusion about some of you all and that is that either you all are not hard to impress when it comes to games or you are just huge fans of GTA in general.

Uh... no, it wasn't rigged. Just because you disliked it doesn't mean everyone else did. The game got great scores because the game is great. Get over it.

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

GTAIV not only lived up to, but even exceeded my incredibly high expectations, and I will buy any GTA game that Rockstar makes with complete and total confidence.

As for the rigged crap, I don't buy it at all. You can Google whatever the hell, but some guy started this crap and it has exploded into a ridiculous, and highly untrue mess. If you, or anyone else chooses to believe the conspiracy theory, go for it.

I, however, do not buy into it.

Sony_Patriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 Sony_Patriot
Member since 2008 • 384 Posts
GTA IV was slightly dissapointing but it won't stop me from playing GTA V
XxAnubisxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 XxAnubisxX
Member since 2003 • 4978 Posts

GTAIV not only lived up to, but even exceeded my incredibly high expectations, and I will buy any GTA game that Rockstar makes with complete and total confidence.

As for the rigged crap, I don't buy it at all. You can Google whatever the hell, but some guy started this crap and it has exploded into a ridiculous, and highly untrue mess. If you, or anyone else chooses to believe the conspiracy theory, go for it.

nyc05

I like the game... I never noticed anything wrong with it... so... I agree with the above ^^^^^^

sixringz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sixringz1
Member since 2004 • 1116 Posts
I never played GTAIII, only Vice City and San Andreas, so maybe it's the confined feel of the city, or maybe it's the main character who i don't relate to as well as Vercetti and C.J., but i just have not gotten into this game at all. I've had it since release and maybe have played 5 hours. I even played vice city again before i got this game just to get back in that mood, and i can honestly say that 6 years after it released i enjoyed the overall experience of vice city more than GTAIV (thus far). Maybe it will change as i go forward in the game but i'm not even motivated to finish it. I personally wouldn't have given it a 10 like a lot of sites but that's how this business is. When you are an established top notch franchise, minor flaws will be overlooked and the greatness of a game will often be exagerated. With that being said, i would still be interested in GTAV when it comes out.
njean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 njean777
Member since 2007 • 3807 Posts
the next one will be rent worthy after 4 i lost all hope
realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8458 Posts
I thought it was quite a dissapointment since they took most of the features from san andres out of the game, but that still doesnt stop me from playing, rockstar makes a history of good games not just gta, midnight club, gun, and soon to be LA Noire which would be a upcoming multiplayer as well, even though i was quite disappointed with the new gta, that doesnt mean i hate the game, its still a fun game now with alot of multiplayer options as well.
BrettB7400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BrettB7400
Member since 2007 • 3401 Posts

nyc05

Agreed.

choasgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 choasgod
Member since 2005 • 5710 Posts

Depends. I feel as though GTAIV is an awsome game and i've played it for around 40 hours. But i hope in the next GTA R* make stuffing around more fun and add more stuff to do.

Some stuff i missed was - stuff like:
Garages and safehouses to buy ( GTA4 could of had you buy Taxi depots ands Cabs ... ),
Tanks -- Driving a tank around Vice City with max wanted level was awsome... why-ohh-why isn't their Tanks in GTA4...
Random stuff - ie in Vice City you could drive around an ice cream truck and sell drugs ... that was fun every now and then ... ( besides the truck was awsome)

Avatar image for mistergamer2006
mistergamer2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mistergamer2006
Member since 2006 • 988 Posts

I don't think I will. Regardless of what anyone says or how high the reviews are it won't matter to me because GTA4 was not near as good as what I expected. Yet you still have some websites that are talking about what the ps4 could do for GTA5 well I could care less because I thought thats what GTA4 was supposed to do for this gen and it has failed to do so. It will be interesting to see how the public responds to the next GTA game made by rockstar after all these overrated reviews that have been released. I would be surprised if the game was to make half as much profit as this GTA game has done.

odin2019

Where did u see the .... PS4?? can u post a link??

as for GTA IV yes i was sort of dissapointed when i first started playing, mainly because it felt so different from the old games but i stuck with it and instead of trading it back in i continued playing and i must say the game has risen up to my expectation it is fantastic. idk im very open minded when it comes to games and im pretty easy to impress even though iv played GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas, i find this game amazing, even though its very different from the old ones... but thts jus me =D

jaxdug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jaxdug
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

it took me a while to get into the game but omg its amazing although it took a while for me to ajust to my new surroundings and get to know Niko and yes i have played all the gta games in the past and yes i would buy gta 5 on release

Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
yes without i doubt, i would pre order it and fully pay it off already if they would let me.
is0lati0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 is0lati0n
Member since 2007 • 920 Posts
Yes, I probably will. I hope R* will learn from what they dropped out of the present game and put it into the next. It will most likely be on my wanted games list.
robmonga2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 robmonga2
Member since 2003 • 1193 Posts
I can't see why anyone would hate this game, other than the violence factor. San Andreas was an a damn good game, but there is no point recreating that on a next gen console yet. What they've made with GTA4 is the most layered game I have ever seen. If you found it disappointing, after 10+ hours of gameplay, then you must of given into the last minute media hype that the game got. If you're like me and have been waiting a year for the game, I don't see how you could be disappointed. You knew what was coming and understood the direction that was going to be taken. The franchise is in a new gen now, no more ridiculous GTA physics.
moshakirby18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 moshakirby18
Member since 2006 • 1665 Posts

OOoo someone's b!tchy
Do you mean the one forum post on gametrailers where someone mentioned that Rockstar were not allowing sites that previouly gave them bad reviews to review the game?

khalid_b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 khalid_b
Member since 2005 • 622 Posts
This game was a very enjoyable experience for me as long as they story lasted but after I just didnt have the urge to play nemore and went back to CoD4's multi. I tried GTA4's mp but it wasnt rly very appealing and it took forever to find a game (well for me at least). Do I think that reviewers overdid it with the perfect scores? Yes, I do, especially when reading some of the reviews stating that this game would be/is the be all, end all of games this for this gen...pretty lofty claims considering big names that are still waiting to be unleashed this gen, not to mention MGS4 which is next month (yay). A solid 9 out of 10 imo.
jacksik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jacksik
Member since 2007 • 619 Posts
Sorry too Burst your bubble but i think it was confirmed that GTA IV was the last one in the series.
CoreoVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 CoreoVII
Member since 2007 • 1838 Posts
This post is rigged and meaningless, please lock.
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts

People people. Some like it some don't.

No need to kill each other because of damn OPINIONS!

Now, to the ones that say it deserved a 10 I say : No game deserves a 10. I believe that, when a game that truly deserves a 10 is out....no need to have more games, because 10 = perfect, and a perfect game lasts forever.

leke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 leke
Member since 2004 • 501 Posts
I played it for 30+ hrs and enjoyed it but it started to get a little dissapointing toward the end. Since i have finished it i havent put it back in my ps3 or even touched the MP. I cant help but feel that the game was a little overrated. Also, it was WAY to easy and throughout my playthrough i never got busted and only got wasted about 3 times.
Timmeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Timmeus
Member since 2007 • 1136 Posts

Incident?

WTF?

Seriously, what are you talking about?

I've finished GTAIV and it is a good game, definitely not a perfect 10 but a fun game, more like 9.0.

Story was excellent, driving is awesome, auto-aim sucks, cover system is annoying at times but otherwise the game play is great, multiplayer is good without auto-aim.

I just wish there was something to do once the story was finished, basically *SPOILER* once you do the bank job your set for money for the rest of the game but you have nothing to spend it on.

JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JKnaperek
Member since 2006 • 2023 Posts
I thought GTA4 was awesome. I like how they got rid alot ofuseless crap from previous GTA's. I do miss the building of xp in weapons from san andreas though. What happened to the vehicle missions too. Taxi,ambulence,firetruck etc. The only ones I've noticed are the cop cars you can access their missions via the in-car computer.
DrewBlood08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DrewBlood08
Member since 2007 • 413 Posts

Take matters into your own hands, rent the game first. Formulate your own opinion and don't listen to reviews. You won't believe what the reviewers say online but you'll believe other websites talking conspiracy? Stop being paranoid and think for yourself.

Egyptman786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Egyptman786
Member since 2008 • 1152 Posts

The only incident I see is that GTA4 isnt fun after the story mode is overavataraang1

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 avataraang1
Member since 2006 • 5436 Posts

People people. Some like it some don't.

No need to kill each other because of damn OPINIONS!

Now, to the ones that say it deserved a 10 I say : No game deserves a 10. I believe that, when a game that truly deserves a 10 is out....no need to have more games, because 10 = perfect, and a perfect game lasts forever.

rogerjak

Chrono Trigger and FF7 do last forever! In m super fantastic opinion

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#33 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

odin2019

Stop your whining. Yes, the game was over-hyped, but that only affected those who over-hyped themselves into believing this would be a god of a game. I personally didn't come across any incidents, so getting gta5 (IF THER WILL BE ONE) would depend on how the story shapes up. I came across no freezing, so gta4 didn't affect me much. I did however give it a 8.5.

Egyptman786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Egyptman786
Member since 2008 • 1152 Posts
who cares, i hated SA, but i pre ordered GTA4
ck02623

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35 ck02623
Member since 2003 • 1534 Posts
You're a hater, dude.
septemberluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 septemberluc
Member since 2006 • 2006 Posts
The game succeeded in every way I would've hoped for.

This topic, however, fails.
DeltaCobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DeltaCobra
Member since 2007 • 542 Posts

To me, I thought it still felt like a PS2 game. The fighting is utter crap still. The motion of the character has nothing on Assasins Creeds character and his motion capture imo either. Send it to the HYPE box. 8 out of 10? Sure. Mario 64 quality? **** no.

bigrhyno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 bigrhyno
Member since 2005 • 1649 Posts

Best game ever? No, but it is the first GTA game I actually liked. Probably because I finally feel that they got what the game was trying to capture... have an open and realistic city... I was in awe when I first actually popped in the game.

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts

proof and like what aaron6581230 the bricking problem that was over-exagerated i love the game in my opinion and you should say that as well because its not fact. this is the best game this gen, i give it a 9.9/10 because no game is perfect.
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

If the TC honestly thinks that Rockstar is the only company that has a hand in which reviews make it out and content involved, he is SADLY mistaken. Besides, I hardly count that as a deciding factor in whether or not I purchase a game since I don't hang on every word of a review anyway.

I'm sorry you were disappointed that it didn't live up to your hype, but that's not the case for an enormous amount of other people. Just because you feel one way doesn't mean its right, and you're just proving your ignorance by being so assertive about it. Yes I will buy GTA 5, because I've been a fan of all GTA games and enjoy their gameplay.

realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8458 Posts

Best game ever? probably not, maybe even not in the ps3, but it is a very enjoyable game, the only reason you called this "incident" is mainly because they took out alot of features from san andreas & vice city, some were actually taken out for the better, so that rockstar have more focus on the game, and try to make more realistic.

GKinnel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GKinnel
Member since 2004 • 667 Posts
Not exactly a ten in my book but it was still a great game.
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

So there is no such thing as a near perfect game?

Avatar image for CaptainSuperman
CaptainSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 CaptainSuperman
Member since 2008 • 480 Posts

Are you serious? You're not gonna buy a game that hasn't been announced and you know nothing of based off of something so stupid like this? Maybe everyone hyped this game up too much. But stil, it is GTA, it's still a great game. Do you honestly need scores to tell you what to buy, rigged or not rigged? Base it of of your own opinion. If you didn't like the game, then just don't play it, return it or whatever and let someone actually enjoy this game instead of whining about it.

odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 odin2019
[QUOTE="odin2019"]

mistergamer2006

Where did u see the .... PS4?? can u post a link??

as for GTA IV yes i was sort of dissapointed when i first started playing, mainly because it felt so different from the old games but i stuck with it and instead of trading it back in i continued playing and i must say the game has risen up to my expectation it is fantastic. idk im very open minded when it comes to games and im pretty easy to impress even though iv played GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas, i find this game amazing, even though its very different from the old ones... but thts jus me =D

Just google in what can ps4 do for GTA5 and something will come up that will direct you to the link. I don't know how to post a link where you click on it and it takes you right to it but by using google it shouldn't take that much longer maybe a few seconds difference.

odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 odin2019

Are you serious? You're not gonna buy a game that hasn't been announced and you know nothing of based off of something so stupid like this? Maybe everyone hyped this game up too much. But stil, it is GTA, it's still a great game. Do you honestly need scores to tell you what to buy, rigged or not rigged? Base it of of your own opinion. If you didn't like the game, then just don't play it, return it or whatever and let someone actually enjoy this game instead of whining about it.

CaptainSuperman

The scores are supposed to be truthful and after something like this I don't see myself buying the next GTA game. I would rent the game but its near impossible to find any store near me that rents games that would have a copy of the game available for the next 3 months or so. Also, I would try gamefly or whatever its called but they want too much money a month. I would be willing to give gamefly at most $12 a month but preferably $10 a month. Maybe the next time this situation comes up I will sign up with gamefly for just month to try the game but really its just a pain in the butt.

Avatar image for dark-warmachine
dark-warmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 dark-warmachine
Member since 2007 • 3476 Posts

Gta4 (felt more like a ps2 game)was over-hyped and over-rated. This game does not deserve a 10. Yea, i'm pretty much done with gta; i ain't buying the next one cuz it will just end up being boring as hell.

footballstar07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 footballstar07
Member since 2007 • 698 Posts

odin2019

Well of course, i mean they did take out alot of sa for gta 4 but i feel that gta 5 will be a way better improvement than 4

DQSPEAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DQSPEAR
Member since 2007 • 163 Posts
Yes I would buy it.... GTA4 was a good game. The only thing was it didn.t have as muchy replay value as San Andreas.
DeltaCobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 DeltaCobra
Member since 2007 • 542 Posts

If the TC honestly thinks that Rockstar is the only company that has a hand in which reviews make it out and content involved, he is SADLY mistaken. Besides, I hardly count that as a deciding factor in whether or not I purchase a game since I don't hang on every word of a review anyway.

I'm sorry you were disappointed that it didn't live up to your hype, but that's not the case for an enormous amount of other people. Just because you feel one way doesn't mean its right, and you're just proving your ignorance by being so assertive about it. Yes I will buy GTA 5, because I've been a fan of all GTA games and enjoy their gameplay.

The_Rick_14

I dont think its fair to mask his ignorance with yours.

I think "he" is referring to the lack of true NXT Gen gaming feel in terms of graphics and controls maybe?

Where people like yourself and COUNTLESS others just happy with bigger worlds and more detail than the last version.

Some people wanted an upgrade, they got it, and handed out a 10.

Technically though, Gears of war came out over a YEAR ago and craps on it for graphics. Assassin's Creed came out ages ago and has a much better city feel to it interms of living/breathing.

But GTA IV, like the gamespot review said is better as a SUM of its parts which is where i think you and many others are coming from. Ths other person you bashing, like myself is considering the game from more precise, individual components.

Fair game either way.