Should I Update My PC or Get a Ps4 Pro?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NoZakuBoy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NoZakuBoy09
Member since 2015 • 141 Posts

So I have a gaming PC that I built last April so about 1 year ago, that has pretty much all new and recent parts that I bought at the time of building and a GTX 950 GPU. I have a shitty solution for a monitor though I'm currently plugged up to an old 32'' Vizio 720P TV that I got as a gift 6 years ago.

Thing is I sold almost all my Console stuff to switch to PC gaming. Now I'm starting to miss the games that I cannot play on PC like FFXV, Nioh, Uncharted games, and especially upcoming games like Persona 5, Nier Automata , and Red Dead Redemption II. I'm also a huge Football (the USA kind) fan and for whatever reason you can only play Madden on consoles. Not that I love Madden (2k5 was still much better but thats a whole story on its own) but its always been entertaining to me.

I've mostly been a RPG and JRPG fan and a sony fanboy for most of my life but I guess I got to the point last year where I felt like there just wasn't enough incentive in terms of exclusive games to keep my Ps4 and not switch to a gaming pc instead.

I'm not really a graphics or FPS stickler I just like the upgradability and huge catalog of PC games I can play, and having just one system that I don't have to worry about one console or the other just becoming a paperweight because I almost never used it (like previously my WiiU and Ps4) . I guess now that the Ps4's library of games is finally beginning to pick up steam in its 3rd year of its console cycle it has a much stronger arguement . I'm not planning on picking up a switch or WiiU again nintendo consoles always become paperweights for me sadly the only thing I ever played on my WiiU was smash bros.

Alright to get to the point I will have about $800 USD saved up by March 1st but haven't decided which route to go. Should I get a better GPU+monitor and stick to PC gaming (If so which GPU monitor combo best?) or should i get a Ps4 Pro and some games instead? If I get the Ps4 Pro Im not getting rid of my PC of course, just won't be upgrading it for the time being.

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 suicidesn0wman
Member since 2006 • 7490 Posts

@nozakuboy09: If I were you I'd probably go with the PS4 and a new monitor. You can probably buy the Pro with a bundled game or two if you're patient and search for the right deal. Pick up 2 or 3 more games after that and you should still have around $200 for a half decent monitor for the PC.

I think your GPU is fine. While it may not be able run maxed out graphics, it should be capable of playing just about any game coming on PC for quite a while.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

Ah, if you have no PS4 at all, then it might be worth getting a Pro (or even consider getting a launch model second-hand for super cheap). Especially if the games you want (and it seems the PS4 will have plenty of them this year) are not on PC. TBH I have Pro and I can't say I really enjoy the Pro specifics over the base model as Pro support has been hit and miss for me.

Jut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Jut
Member since 2015 • 250 Posts

Pro is only worth it with a very large 4k HDR TV.