Shooter controls...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

timma25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 timma25
Member since 2005 • 1131 Posts
I'm just wondering... everybody on these forums seem to complain about missing the second analog. The thing is, I've played shooters and fps games for psp and dont really understand why every1's so pissed. Sure it's not as accurate or effecient but most games are playable and can become quite comfortable. So how come for every shooter game out there for psp theres always a massive amount of people whining the controls suck?
mGsMadness951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 mGsMadness951
Member since 2006 • 588 Posts
i know i think its great considering theres only one stick. i have no problem playing MOH cause of it. i just use the one analog stick to aim and the face buttons to move and its easy.
superdoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 superdoob
Member since 2006 • 85 Posts
because,in fact, they do
mpo is awesome controls good; just fps sux,
i wonder why resident evil isnt on it yet, it would be perfect
DanielJG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DanielJG
Member since 2005 • 69 Posts
As long as I can use the face buttons for movement and the analog stick for aiming then I don't have any trouble with the controls. MGS: PO's controls weren't especially frustrating, but the camera and having to use triangle to put your back against the wall were annoying.
Avatar image for blackadderthe8t
blackadderthe8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 blackadderthe8t
Member since 2005 • 837 Posts
Hey! anybody remember what we did 'before' analouge? yeah. thats right.
nevereathim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 nevereathim
Member since 2006 • 2161 Posts
Hey! anybody remember what we did 'before' analouge? yeah. thats right.blackadderthe8t
He's right, we had to use a mouse and WASD, which was so much easier
damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 damann22
Member since 2004 • 7655 Posts

[QUOTE="blackadderthe8t"]Hey! anybody remember what we did 'before' analouge? yeah. thats right.nevereathim

I think he meant for consoles. 

Anyway if youve played syphon filter then you would understand that the controls are the best you can get on the psp for FPS.  I havent played MGS:PO but i think that it cant get any better then SF

tx112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tx112
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
Well... yeah it is limited to just have one analog. But the important thing is for developers to spend some extra time, creating good control scheme. The controls of Syphon Filter are great for a FPS on the PSP. They used creative schemes (even though the learning curve was a little steep). Also the variety of controls that Medal of Honor offers shows that the console does have potential for some wicked good FPS's.
fvjonj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 fvjonj
Member since 2003 • 661 Posts

Even though I would prefer a 2nd analog nub, I have never felt that the controls for any of the FPS games for the PSP have been an issue for me.

Avatar image for blackadderthe8t
blackadderthe8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 blackadderthe8t
Member since 2005 • 837 Posts

[QUOTE="nevereathim"][QUOTE="blackadderthe8t"]Hey! anybody remember what we did 'before' analouge? yeah. thats right.damann22

I think he meant for consoles.

Anyway if youve played syphon filter then you would understand that the controls are the best you can get on the psp for FPS. I havent played MGS:PO but i think that it cant get any better then SF

Both actually, but mainly console yes. Remember how you used to use the right shoulder buttons for up and down? the left for strafing? that style of thing really. shame you can;y use a mouse and keyboard on psp... altho tht wud make it decidedly less portable...
azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 azzezino
Member since 2002 • 4570 Posts
Using the face buttons for movement & the nub stick for aiming felt great while playing Gun Showdon (as long as I wasn't on top of the horse), they'd be perfect for FPS on the PSP.