This topic is locked from further discussion.

shimoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 shimoshi
Member since 2011 • 50 Posts
Hoping to get a scary ps3 games. suggestions please?
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

My Favorites, and titles no one else will probably list:

• "Alone in the Dark: Inferno" - Cheap and lots of fun, don't listen to the nay-sayers. It's well worth the $10us you might have to pay. Used to be a demo but they may have removed it due to age.
  • "Dark Sector" - Also cheap now, generally overlooked but a nice hidden horror gem. I don't know why people bag on it.
  • "F.E.A.R." series - FPS with a spooky edge, some genuinely startling moments. Used to be a demo up.
  • "Siren: Blood Curse" - Available in installments or one big pack on the PSN. Shibito are right... behind... YOU!!! RUUUUU-U-U-N!!!! Used to be a demo up.

I'll leave the others to talk about "Dead Space" and other good games, but the ones above never get no love, so I'm here to repr'sent. Dig?

:D

LankyKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LankyKong
Member since 2011 • 2678 Posts

Try Siren Blood Curse.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

Demon's Souls will scare you pants-less. Play World 3 and you will never be the same again.

KillerJuan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 KillerJuan77
Member since 2007 • 3823 Posts

Siren: Blood Curse/New Translation is your best choice.

McGronchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 McGronchy
Member since 2011 • 108 Posts

Silent Hill: Homecoming is pretty spooky.

darkpiggy17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 darkpiggy17
Member since 2007 • 126 Posts

Demon's Souls will scare you pants-less. Play World 3 and you will never be the same again.

Swift_Boss_A

DON'T.
EVEN.
GO THERE.
3-2, man. Nightmares. One wrong step? DEAD. Oh, you made it to the bottom level? HYBRID-MAN-CENTIPEDE ATTACK. Got past all that unscathed? MANEATER. Doing well in the fight so far? HAVE ANOTHER BOSS. It just never ended...

Renzokucant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Renzokucant
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts

[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]

darkpiggy17

DON'T.
EVEN.
GO THERE.
3-2, man. Nightmares. One wrong step? DEAD. Oh, you made it to the bottom level? HYBRID-MAN-CENTIPEDE ATTACK. Got past all that unscathed? MANEATER. Doing well in the fight so far? HAVE ANOTHER BOSS. It just never ended...

god i love that game. *goes home and hugs game case*

aijou_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 aijou_
Member since 2006 • 334 Posts

Condemned 2: Bloodshot is a game that really got to me. It's twisted and satisfyingly brutal and bloody. The fact that you mostly have to make it through the game with just your fists or melee-weapons makes it even more scary. Every punch has a lot of impact and the finishers are sometimes so brutal that they make you feel bad for your poor enemies. It's also very dark and atmospheric and the main character is just great.

It's quite old so you should be able to get it cheap. Be warned though, it's not for those with weak stomach or moral issues with violent games.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

god i love that game. *goes home and hugs game case*

Renzokucant

good.... good. Now, open the case... and kiss it.

Yes

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
dead space 1&2 codemned2 silent hill homecoming
pills4louis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 pills4louis
Member since 2011 • 1331 Posts

I played Warhawk and Lair once each. The controls were pretty scary.

Scary as in bad.

shimoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 shimoshi
Thanks guys . I shall try some of these games :) I also just got dead space, other then the scary element, i heard it has pretty cool game play and mechanics.
good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

FEAR is a great game. Lots of atmosphere and solid gameplay. And I also agree with Alone in the Dark: Inferno. Its extremely cheap and its fun and interesting.

I played Silent Hill Homecoming but just couldn't really get into it, but it is pretty creepy. And I didn't really like condemned 2 at all, but there's something about a deranged psycho running directly at you very quickly that just an't be beaten.

I would suggest getting on PSN and getting PSOne classics: Silent Hill and Dino Crisis. You could get the Resident Evil games two, but I think SH and DC are better games overall.

iamshivy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 iamshivy
Member since 2007 • 3565 Posts

bioshock 1 was an ok horror game to.. bioshock 2 not as much

Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts

If you are going to buy Siren, I suggest just buying it from play-asia. Price is about the same with shipping cost, and it's uncensored.

iamshivy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 iamshivy
Member since 2007 • 3565 Posts

FEAR is a great game. Lots of atmosphere and solid gameplay. And I also agree with Alone in the Dark: Inferno. Its extremely cheap and its fun and interesting.

I played Silent Hill Homecoming but just couldn't really get into it, but it is pretty creepy. And I didn't really like condemned 2 at all, but there's something about a deranged psycho running directly at you very quickly that just an't be beaten.

I would suggest getting on PSN and getting PSOne classics: Silent Hill and Dino Crisis. You could get the Resident Evil games two, but I think SH and DC are better games overall.

good_sk8er7

dude come on re2 i think kills both thoses game,.. but aw silent hill was pretty sweet/

Ewan-Lumsden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ewan-Lumsden
Member since 2011 • 95 Posts

Dead space was pretty scary for me. Great game too though

mattamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mattamomo
Member since 2010 • 929 Posts

Little Big Planet

Scared the cr*p out of me, many restless nights

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#20 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

• "Alone in the Dark: Inferno"- Cheap and lots of fun, don't listen to the nay-sayers. It's well worth the $10us you might have to pay. Used to be a demo but they may have removed it due to age.
  • "Dark Sector" - Also cheap now, generally overlooked but a nice hidden horror gem. I don't know why people bag on it.
  • "F.E.A.R." series - FPS with a spooky edge, some genuinely startling moments. Used to be a demo up.
  • "Siren: Blood Curse"- Available in installments or one big pack on the PSN. Shibito are right... behind... YOU!!! RUUUUU-U-U-N!!!! Used to be a demo up.

I'll leave the others to talk about "Dead Space" and other good games, but the ones above never get no love, so I'm here to repr'sent. Dig?

MonkeySpot

Monk...you thought that Dark Sector was scary?? Even though it is one of my MOST played games this-gen, I always looked at it as having Horror elements with a high level of intensity. Anyway, I definitely agree that FEAR and Siren where underrated tilltes that didn't get the love they should have. I might also suggest RE4 HD.

ladycroft142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 ladycroft142
Member since 2007 • 72 Posts

Dead Space 2 caused me to jump on more than a few occasions and also procrastinate at the start of many corridors not wanting to know what lay ahead, but I'm not brave at all Silent Hill 2 still haunts me!

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

Dead Space 2 caused me to jump on more than a few occasions and also procrastinate at the start of many corridors not wanting to know what lay ahead, but I'm not brave at all Silent Hill 2 still haunts me!

ladycroft142

Dead Space 2 wasn't scary at all, it didn't even have any jump scares.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

• "Alone in the Dark: Inferno"- Cheap and lots of fun, don't listen to the nay-sayers. It's well worth the $10us you might have to pay. Used to be a demo but they may have removed it due to age.
  • "Siren: Blood Curse"- Available in installments or one big pack on the PSN. Shibito are right... behind... YOU!!! RUUUUU-U-U-N!!!! Used to be a demo up.

MarcRecon

Monk...you thought that Dark Sector was scary?? Even though it is one of my MOST played games this-gen, I always looked at it as having Horror elements with a high level of intensity. Anyway, I definitely agree that FEAR and Siren where underrated tilltes that didn't get the love they should have. I might also suggest RE4 HD.

That game has an ambiance to it... The sound work is really good, and yeah there were quite a few moments when I was going through the game where sound combined with the dark, murky color palette where I found myself turning the character around and around, convinced something was creeping up on me... Or RUNNING, those oily nasties, though cookie-cutter in appearance some of them, had a new-version "Dawn of the Dead" feel, loping after you, rising out of the ground... And the screeching yowl they made as they attacked... Chilling...

... granted, the game is a bit more SciFi than strict Horror, but it was scary none-the-less. Especially around 3am, with my Turtle Beaches on and the sub synth cranked!

:shock:

To quote Walter from "FRINGE" - "Hup! Oh no... A little squirt of urine! But just a spot..."

:lol:

The game got to me, in ways the newer "Resident Evil" games never manifested. "Alone in the Dark: Inferno" was much the same thing. THAT game really surprised me with how edgy it made me. "Dead Space" was also an amazing gift, I never expected the game to generate such atmosphere. But it REALLY did, and my hat is off to the sound designers for all of the above listed games... Sound is my life because I'm a sound engineer, so I'm picky about it and instantly critical of a presentation that gets it wrong.

All of the above wowed me, professionally and as a life-long gamer.

This has been a FANTASTIC thread and I'm glad c-rake hasn't decended to lock it like he/ she always does to these renegade suggestion discussions. This one has yielded some fine discourse, and through it I think I've found a few new forum friends! Everyone who wants to, please feel free to hit me up with a friend invite I would love to stay in contact with y'all!

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

[QUOTE="ladycroft142"]

StealthMonkey4

Dead Space 2 wasn't scary at all, it didn't even have any jump scares.

It had 2 jump scares for me. But thats not scary. My brother coming to my window and shouting would make me jump. But Im able to sleep after.

BLUNT_Smokerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BLUNT_Smokerr
Member since 2011 • 31 Posts
Dead Space 1.. 2 didn't do it for me
caseystryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27 caseystryker
Member since 2005 • 5421 Posts

Siren is really the only game so far this gen that I've found to actually be scary. I found Alone in the Dark to be pretty terrible, though it can be kind of entertaining at times. The controls are really what killed it for me. Dead Space is more action orented than anything else, though it does have some creepy moments.

spookykid143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 spookykid143
Member since 2009 • 10393 Posts

The only true horror game on the PS3 is Siren Blood curse

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
Siren Blood Curse is the only real scary horror game besides old sh and re in downloads
spawnassasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 spawnassasin
Member since 2006 • 18702 Posts

Siren is probably your best choice

dotzauer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 dotzauer
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

dead space (the sequel wasn't as scary or good overall)

smtgfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#33 smtgfx
Member since 2010 • 404 Posts
Dead Space 1 and 2. - to feel the full effect you have to: 1.Play in the dark. 2. HD TV with contrast to low. 3. High volume. Even after my 17th run I still get scared. A quality game.
H_M_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 H_M_1
Member since 2011 • 1150 Posts

Just wait for Silent hill Downpour.

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts

H_M_1
silent hill has been a joke after 2 why would it change now
H_M_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 H_M_1
Member since 2011 • 1150 Posts
[QUOTE="H_M_1"]

elbert_b_23
silent hill has been a joke after 2 why would it change now

Well... I'm sure the developers were going to locate it in a new part of silent hill, which was never explored before. The trailer looks ok, quite dark. I've always liked the Silent hill series. I've never played Siren though. What sort of horror game is it? Pure survival or action type?
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#37 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts
  • Dead Space
  • Dead Space 2
  • F.E.A.R.
  • F.E.A.R. 2
  • Condemned 2
  • Siren: Blood Curse
  • Silent Hill: Homecoming

These next ones aren't generally scary, but do cause some nervous tension:

• Saw
  • Resident Evil 5
  • Dark Sector
  • Bioshock
  • Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
  • Turok
  • Jericho
shimoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 shimoshi
uncharted zombie/whatever they were scene with the red lights got me pretty tense. anyway so i got dead space on ebay, and it came yesterday and lol they accidentally gave me dead space 2 limited edition instead. Not bad for $20 :p