Resistance 2 Beta: Graphics

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for football_legend
football_legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51 football_legend
Member since 2007 • 1913 Posts

I'm not to impressed with the graphics from what I see from the Beta.... I love the 8 man co-op, this is surely a great selling point.... I've played the beta co-op level over and over, never gets old..... This game will be great....

It just doesn't look as great as I expected....

Macri

Dont worry, Halo 3 beta multiplayer had also poor graphics but the final game was quite good. Also if you wana see the true graphical power, I suggest we all need to play the SP portion.

P/S I cant help but seeing the legendary pic on the left, its been a long time brother. Forza Milan! I am adding you here and PSN.

MstrHnky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 MstrHnky
Member since 2004 • 105 Posts

Only thing I don't like about the graphics.....bullsey rounds and fire show lots of pixelizationrogerjak

you hit the nail on the head with that one. i noticed this, too. the fire looked TERRIBLE.

i haven't had my PS3 for too long, 2-3 months, and didn't know if it upscales games to 1080p or not. i know my 360 does, but my tv says resistance is being displayed at 1280X720@60hz. my 360 games all say 1920x1080@60hz. is there a setting i can check somewhere??

Samsung 46" LN46A550

shadystxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#53 shadystxxx
Member since 2005 • 2158 Posts
[QUOTE="Kratos-PS3"][QUOTE="Gesyma"][QUOTE="PhysicsLCP"][QUOTE="Gesyma"]

[QUOTE="Spy_106"]The graphics was reduced in the beta to make the size smallerGesyma

What?! Uhhhh, not true at all... but good theory.;)

And you know this how?

Because I have common sense. Don't tell me you're one of those people that think graphics get better when it's streaming off of a disk... or that devs would purposefully muddy up their textures in order to reduce file size.

Well, MGO's beta did not look as good as the single player mode in the final retail version of MGS4.

Yeah I know. The single player campaign will look better but these kids are arguing the graphics in the multiplayer portion of the game are going to get better as well... and it's just simply not the case. You're right though about the SP mode (but that wasn't included in the beta)

I think your right, infact i would put a small bet on that the final gaes online graphics will basically look excatly the same as the beta.

Public beta's are for stress testing the servers with large volumes of players for proper stress test's to be done they will need a beta version that has about the same amount of visuals as the retail version to achieve meaningful results to use for optimization.

Public betas are also marketing, they want positive feedback from media and consumers and so the beta will be more than likely the latest version available at the time of the release and since the release is only a few weeks away to beta will more than likely be almost the same as the complete version in terms of graphics etc, obviously not all modes etc are there, and they still need around 2 weeks for production and shipping so i would again bet R2 is 95-100% completed.

Although im not a developer so what do i know it's just an assumption, the graphics are fine every time we have a beta and fangirls are upset they always say "its a beta the final version will look much better" and how many times has that come true, none to my recollection.

JC346

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#54 JC346
Member since 2007 • 4886 Posts

[QUOTE="Gesyma"]I think it's looks incredible! I think a lot of people are assuming that I think it looks bad when in reality I'm just arguing that, in my opinion, I think this is indicative of the retail version of the game. Geeeeez.;)PhysicsLCP

The reason for online beta (at least ours anyway) is to gather data so that when the final product is shipped we've ironed out any kinks. Bugs, balancing, network problems, etc...

We're even releasing patches for the Beta to improve the experience even before the game comes out.

Our fans are very important to us. It's an act of good faith to release a Beta but it's necessary with such a big online experience. You just can't test that sort of thing with a limited group size.

People can think what they will about how the game looks, I'll never put anyone down for their opinion as I view each opinion as valuable as long as there is some indication of intelligence. "Thiz game SuXorS cuz I haz the PLorbem with XP" doesn't really do it for me.

People that give constructive criticism are more likely to be heard and you never know, something that's been nagging you might just be fixed later.

Single player has been finished, but we can patch the multiplayer as long as we want, whenever we want. In a sense, the MP experience is never finished, as is true for a great deal of other online games. This goes for AI, bugs, re-balancing, etc...

If you really are an Insomniac dev, props to you for making an awesome beta and soon to be awesome game. :D
mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 mbrockway
Member since 2007 • 3560 Posts
[QUOTE="americahellyeah"][QUOTE="Knivez0r"]

Graphics > Gameplay?

NO! FAIL.

Knivez0r

qft... graphics can't do much to save a crappy game.

Wow...crappy game? And i supposed Socom is better. LOL WTF.

He's obviously speaking in general.

Gesyma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Gesyma
Member since 2003 • 1082 Posts
[QUOTE="Gesyma"][QUOTE="Kratos-PS3"][QUOTE="Gesyma"][QUOTE="PhysicsLCP"][QUOTE="Gesyma"]

[QUOTE="Spy_106"]The graphics was reduced in the beta to make the size smallershadystxxx

What?! Uhhhh, not true at all... but good theory.;)

And you know this how?

Because I have common sense. Don't tell me you're one of those people that think graphics get better when it's streaming off of a disk... or that devs would purposefully muddy up their textures in order to reduce file size.

Well, MGO's beta did not look as good as the single player mode in the final retail version of MGS4.

Yeah I know. The single player campaign will look better but these kids are arguing the graphics in the multiplayer portion of the game are going to get better as well... and it's just simply not the case. You're right though about the SP mode (but that wasn't included in the beta)

I think your right, infact i would put a small bet on that the final gaes online graphics will basically look excatly the same as the beta.

Public beta's are for stress testing the servers with large volumes of players for proper stress test's to be done they will need a beta version that has about the same amount of visuals as the retail version to achieve meaningful results to use for optimization.

Public betas are also marketing, they want positive feedback from media and consumers and so the beta will be more than likely the latest version available at the time of the release and since the release is only a few weeks away to beta will more than likely be almost the same as the complete version in terms of graphics etc, obviously not all modes etc are there, and they still need around 2 weeks for production and shipping so i would again bet R2 is 95-100% completed.

Although im not a developer so what do i know it's just an assumption, the graphics are fine every time we have a beta and fangirls are upset they always say "its a beta the final version will look much better" and how many times has that come true, none to my recollection.

Preach it brotha! Common sense FTW!

milan22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 milan22
Member since 2007 • 840 Posts
The graphics was reduced in the beta to make the size smallerSpy_106
oh yea?? how d u know ?
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#58 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
[QUOTE="Knivez0r"][QUOTE="americahellyeah"][QUOTE="Knivez0r"]

Graphics > Gameplay?

NO! FAIL.

mbrockway

qft... graphics can't do much to save a crappy game.

Wow...crappy game? And i supposed Socom is better. LOL WTF.

He's obviously speaking in general.

i was.. thanks
whodeysay85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 whodeysay85
Member since 2006 • 3237 Posts
they aren't that bad. I think the overall experience is great.
Avatar image for Roland123_basic
Roland123_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60 Roland123_basic
Member since 2002 • 3841 Posts
honestly, i havent really enjoyed anything about the public beta... the weapons lack "punch", especially the sounds. the gunplay is very loose, requiring little to no accuracy when aiming. the graphics are fairly "meh" from what i have seen. I think i will just rent R2 for the single player story and skip the multi altogether. i really enjoyed the singleplayer from R1, hopefully the 2nd is just as good.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#61 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

I'm not to impressed with the graphics from what I see from the Beta.... I love the 8 man co-op, this is surely a great selling point.... I've played the beta co-op level over and over, never gets old..... This game will be great....

It just doesn't look as great as I expected....

Macri

i just started the beta tonight and i cant even tell you, the 8 player co-op is an amazing feature in this game

BoutDat26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 BoutDat26
Member since 2008 • 296 Posts
I loved the beta for R2 was just playing it for 3 hours can't wai to get this game
LionzRoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 LionzRoar
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Need a R2 beta? If u do, i got a spare one , unused. I'll trade it for a Killzone 2 beta unused. Let me know, PM me
king_bobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#64 king_bobo
Member since 2007 • 2099 Posts
Hmm... yeah, well its no Killzone 2, but I think that the graphics look pretty nice anyway.
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
[QUOTE="hazelnutman"][QUOTE="Gesyma"]

HAHA! YEAH OKAY! I'm sorry man... but I'm gonna have to call you out on this one. You are not an Insomniac developer. If anyone believes this they are officially insane. These forums get weirder and weirder by the day.

MusashiSensi

If you've been on these forums long enough, it's pretty safe to say that this guy is an Insomniac developer.

You sir, win failure of the day.

If you've been on the forum for years then you'd know that people come up with the alpha omega lies here. Also, you started on this site in 07, so you should be the last one to talk about someone being here long.

Maybe my faith and trust in humanity hasn't been completely broken yet then. :oops: