Resistance 2 Beta: Graphics

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Macri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Macri
Member since 2005 • 1278 Posts

I'm not to impressed with the graphics from what I see from the Beta.... I love the 8 man co-op, this is surely a great selling point.... I've played the beta co-op level over and over, never gets old..... This game will be great....

It just doesn't look as great as I expected....

Avatar image for TheLegendKnight
TheLegendKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 TheLegendKnight
Member since 2007 • 1853 Posts

8 player co-op ?

this is madness, people will buy it just for that feature...

Knivez0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Knivez0r
Member since 2006 • 1467 Posts

Graphics > Gameplay?

NO! FAIL.

lesner87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 lesner87
Member since 2004 • 2441 Posts

Well thats strange because i found them quite impressive...The shadowing of the trees,depth of field,motion blurr...etc..all are put together well.

Spy_106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Spy_106
Member since 2005 • 712 Posts
The graphics was reduced in the beta to make the size smaller
Keasy4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Keasy4
Member since 2003 • 16843 Posts
i don't like the coop one bit.. if it was main champagne but online mode then it would of been way better off... the way they have it out to me seems too chaotic imo... but the online (TDM, DM etc) it self is the same quality if not better then part one..
Gesyma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Gesyma
Member since 2003 • 1082 Posts

The graphics was reduced in the beta to make the size smallerSpy_106

What?! Uhhhh, not true at all... but good theory.;)

Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts
the graphics have improved alot. 8 Player co-op is fun but it does get boring after a couple of rounds. i haven't touched the resistance 2 beta for a few days now.
SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SonyMarksman70
Member since 2008 • 1628 Posts

I'm not to impressed with the graphics from what I see from the Beta.... I love the 8 man co-op, this is surely a great selling point.... I've played the beta co-op level over and over, never gets old..... This game will be great....

Macri
If I said the single player looks better all around would you believe me? Because it far surprises the online component. Not to fond of the Chimera models though. Hope they look Fuglier in the campaign
Avatar image for QuebecSuperstar
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 QuebecSuperstar
Member since 2006 • 4178 Posts

I find the graphics to be really nice personally. But anyway, like someone else already said, Gameplay > Graphics and if you ask me, Resistance 2 is amazing on the 2 fronts.

Mckenna1845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Mckenna1845
Member since 2005 • 4410 Posts
i haven't seen the beta, but if it doesn't look as good as the gameplay vids, it's probably doing a fifa and looking worse then what the actual game will look like.
Avatar image for 224385652654335052701865008979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 224385652654335052701865008979
Member since 2008 • 871 Posts

[QUOTE="Spy_106"]The graphics was reduced in the beta to make the size smallerGesyma

And you know this how?

Gesyma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Gesyma
[QUOTE="Gesyma"]

[QUOTE="Spy_106"]The graphics was reduced in the beta to make the size smallerPhysicsLCP

And you know this how?

Because I have common sense. Don't tell me you're one of those people that think graphics get better when it's streaming off of a disk... or that devs would purposefully muddy up their textures in order to reduce file size.

Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Furi-Kun
Member since 2007 • 10903 Posts
[QUOTE="Gesyma"]

[QUOTE="Spy_106"]The graphics was reduced in the beta to make the size smallerPhysicsLCP

And you know this how?

I'm wondering the exact same thing. 2GB is a lot.

Gesyma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Gesyma
I should add that I am in the beta and it's awesome. I love the graphics and animations... I was just arguing that this will be what the retail game looks like... it's not a watered down version using alpha code or anything. Put it this way, how could Insomniac actually test their game's usability in an online environment without using the retail version of the game? Doesn't that seem like they would be shooting themselves in the foot? All their data from the beta would become irrelevant... see my point?
ronniepage588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ronniepage588
Member since 2003 • 4188 Posts
im downloading the beta now
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts
Only thing I don't like about the graphics.....bullsey rounds and fire show lots of pixelization

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 224385652654335052701865008979
[QUOTE="PhysicsLCP"][QUOTE="Gesyma"]

[QUOTE="Spy_106"]The graphics was reduced in the beta to make the size smallerGesyma

And you know this how?

Because I have common sense. Don't tell me you're one of those people that think graphics get better when it's streaming off of a disk... or that devs would purposefully muddy up their textures in order to reduce file size.

I'm not one of those people. I one of the developers. We needed a smaller download. No top level mips, low-res shadow maps. sorry.
edub411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 edub411
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Nice.... way to show up one of the many "know it all's" out there!

[QUOTE="Gesyma"][QUOTE="PhysicsLCP"][QUOTE="Gesyma"]

And you know this how?

I'm not one of those people. I one of the developers. We needed a smaller download. No top level mips, low-res shadow maps. sorry.

edub411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 edub411
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

And you know this how?

Cloud_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Cloud_Z
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
will Resistance 2 feature 4 player local co-op? or only 2 player?
Kratos-PS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Kratos-PS3
Member since 2008 • 229 Posts
[QUOTE="PhysicsLCP"][QUOTE="Gesyma"]

And you know this how?

Well, MGO's beta did not look as good as the single player mode in the final retail version of MGS4.

ronniepage588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ronniepage588
Member since 2003 • 4188 Posts

I should add that I am in the beta and it's awesome. I love the graphics and animations... I was just arguing that this will be what the retail game looks like... it's not a watered down version using alpha code or anything. Put it this way, how could Insomniac actually test their game's usability in an online environment without using the retail version of the game? Doesn't that seem like they would be shooting themselves in the foot? All their data from the beta would become irrelevant... see my point?Gesyma

not really, sometimes they use beta's to test the mechanics and they may be confident that better graphics and frame rates will run smoothly

Dan_Lero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 Dan_Lero
Member since 2006 • 7487 Posts
Beta code isn't Retail version, so the graphics will be better in the finaly product.
Avatar image for kenshinhimura10
kenshinhimura10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 kenshinhimura10
Member since 2008 • 555 Posts

Macri

Do you know a thing about graphics? Just out of intrigue.

There are some limitations to consoles, which lack hardware evolution. Thus, there are limitations to the graphics. So, lets take R2. First and foremost, basic rule of graphics: Lower them for online. Graphics, believe it or not, use bandwith, thus, they are alsways lowered for online modes.

Second, bigger areas, lower textures, graphics. The bigger the area, the more things going on at once, the lower the graphics will be. Unlike PCs, consoles are really limited, so they cannot compensate if you get a better micro, card or ram. So they sacrifice some things, in order to allow others.

Beta, this is pre code, we havent seen much of the actual code, and not to mention that demos and such come with a low end graphics and res than the retail to minimize the file size.

Corpseflower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Corpseflower
Member since 2008 • 32 Posts

8 player co-op ?

this is SPARTAAA!!!, people will buy it just for that feature...

TheLegendKnight

Sorry, had to be done.
Gesyma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Gesyma

[QUOTE="PhysicsLCP"][QUOTE="Gesyma"][QUOTE="PhysicsLCP"][QUOTE="Gesyma"]

[QUOTE="Spy_106"]The graphics was reduced in the beta to make the size smalleredub411

And you know this how?

HAHA! YEAH OKAY! I'm sorry man... but I'm gonna have to call you out on this one. You are not an Insomniac developer. If anyone believes this they are officially insane. These forums get weirder and weirder by the day.

Gesyma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Gesyma

[QUOTE="Spy_106"]The graphics was reduced in the beta to make the size smallerKratos-PS3

And you know this how?

Well, MGO's beta did not look as good as the single player mode in the final retail version of MGS4.

Yeah I know. The single player campaign will look better but these kids are arguing the graphics in the multiplayer portion of the game are going to get better as well... and it's just simply not the case. You're right though about the SP mode (but that wasn't included in the beta)

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 rogerjak
Beta code isn't Retail version, so the graphics will be better in the finaly product. Dan_Lero
That's what I thought. Maybe they should release a demo with retail version specs.
vivelaps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 vivelaps3
Member since 2007 • 1060 Posts
it's only the beat guys , don't panic for the graphics.
Gesyma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Gesyma

Beta code isn't Retail version, so the graphics will be better in the finaly product. Dan_Lero

Dude, the game went GOLD ALREADY. The discs are already printed and waiting to be shipped!!! What is so hard for you guys to understand about this. The graphics are fine, but you have to accept the fact that they are done with the game... stop it already!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 224385652654335052701865008979
[QUOTE="edub411"]

[QUOTE="PhysicsLCP"][QUOTE="Gesyma"][QUOTE="PhysicsLCP"][QUOTE="Gesyma"]

And you know this how?

HAHA! YEAH OKAY! I'm sorry man... but I'm gonna have to call you out on this one. You are not an Insomniac developer. If anyone believes this they are officially insane. These forums get weirder and weirder by the day.

What's your e-mail address?

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 rogerjak

[QUOTE="Dan_Lero"]Beta code isn't Retail version, so the graphics will be better in the finaly product. Gesyma

Dude, the game went GOLD ALREADY. The discs are already printed and waiting to be shipped!!! What is so hard for you guys to understand about this. The graphics are fine, but you have to accept the fact that they are done with the game... stop it already!

Beta was released before that happen.
somesthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 somesthetic
Member since 2004 • 3344 Posts

the game went gold, but they had to make this beta a while ago, they didn't just rip code off the finished version.

I agree that the game looks pretty good, not amazing, but I wasn't expecting amazing from it.

babystapler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 babystapler
Member since 2005 • 1679 Posts

Have you seen the sheer amount of stuff going on at once? On top of 8 players constantly shooting, throwing grenades , using special abilities, raising shields, healing eachother, or running around like mad, there are also dozens of enemies shooting, rushing, throwing grenades, placing shields, flying around, launching rockets and trying to kill you while (for the most part) acting fairly intelligently.

The scale of this game is impressive.

Gesyma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Gesyma
I think it's looks incredible! I think a lot of people are assuming that I think it looks bad when in reality I'm just arguing that, in my opinion, I think this is indicative of the retail version of the game. Geeeeez.;)
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts

Gesyma

If you've been on these forums long enough, it's pretty safe to say that this guy is an Insomniac developer.

You sir, win failure of the day.

Avatar image for XPrivateRyan22X
XPrivateRyan22X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 XPrivateRyan22X
Member since 2006 • 719 Posts

Macri

I think the graphics are excellent. They are a different style of graphics though, they definitely aren't going for life graphics, they are similar to halo 3's I would say.

Kratos-PS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Kratos-PS3
Member since 2008 • 229 Posts
[QUOTE="Kratos-PS3"][QUOTE="Gesyma"][QUOTE="PhysicsLCP"][QUOTE="Gesyma"]

And you know this how?

Yeah I know. The single player campaign will look better but these kids are arguing the graphics in the multiplayer portion of the game are going to get better as well... and it's just simply not the case. You're right though about the SP mode (but that wasn't included in the beta)

true that

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 224385652654335052701865008979

I think it's looks incredible! I think a lot of people are assuming that I think it looks bad when in reality I'm just arguing that, in my opinion, I think this is indicative of the retail version of the game. Geeeeez.;)Gesyma

The reason for online beta (at least ours anyway) is to gather data so that when the final product is shipped we've ironed out any kinks. Bugs, balancing, network problems, etc...

We're even releasing patches for the Beta to improve the experience even before the game comes out.

Our fans are very important to us. It's an act of good faith to release a Beta but it's necessary with such a big online experience. You just can't test that sort of thing with a limited group size.

People can think what they will about how the game looks, I'll never put anyone down for their opinion as I view each opinion as valuable as long as there is some indication of intelligence. "Thiz game SuXorS cuz I haz the PLorbem with XP" doesn't really do it for me.

People that give constructive criticism are more likely to be heard and you never know, something that's been nagging you might just be fixed later.

Single player has been finished, but we can patch the multiplayer as long as we want, whenever we want. In a sense, the MP experience is never finished, as is true for a great deal of other online games. This goes for AI, bugs, re-balancing, etc...

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Yeah, they're pretty unimpressive, but single player will look better.
drew2cool26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 drew2cool26
Member since 2008 • 152 Posts
Lets not forget that this is only a beta so u may see downgrades. This is not the finished product.
Avatar image for blazinpuertoroc
blazinpuertoroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 blazinpuertoroc
Member since 2004 • 12245 Posts
the game looks amazing IMO
Dankodefense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#44 Dankodefense
Member since 2003 • 224 Posts

Why are we talking about the graphics so much anyway?

This game is going to be amazing. The game looks great as it is right now and I will have no problem dropping 80 bucks for the CE on November 4th.

I have only had one problem in the beta where i jumped off a building on the Chicago map and fell right through the ground, and was actually looking up at the rest of the players. This only lasted about 2 seconds before I popped right back up to level ground.

This one problem is not anywhere near ruining this game.

Screw the graphics, they are fine and as most people on this topic have said will be better once the official game is out.

How about we all stop talking about it and go kill each other some more. Just not on the Orick map, why is it that almost every game I play is on that map....

ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#45 ocdog45
Member since 2005 • 9072 Posts

my problem with this is, that everyone thinks anyone who dones't use the unreal engine makes an ugly game. nobody can use the system right besides epic anyway so why thry to duplicate that. graphics/power don't mean anything. ask nintendo. gameplay will always own graphics.

Macri
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#46 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts
[QUOTE="Gesyma"]

hazelnutman

If you've been on these forums long enough, it's pretty safe to say that this guy is an Insomniac developer.

You sir, win failure of the day.

If you've been on the forum for years then you'd know that people come up with the alpha omega lies here. Also, you started on this site in 07, so you should be the last one to talk about someone being here long.

Gesyma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Gesyma

[QUOTE="Gesyma"]I think it's looks incredible! I think a lot of people are assuming that I think it looks bad when in reality I'm just arguing that, in my opinion, I think this is indicative of the retail version of the game. Geeeeez.;)PhysicsLCP

The reason for online beta (at least ours anyway) is to gather data so that when the final product is shipped we've ironed out any kinks. Bugs, balancing, network problems, etc...

We're even releasing patches for the Beta to improve the experience even before the game comes out.

Our fans are very important to us. It's an act of good faith to release a Beta but it's necessary with such a big online experience. You just can't test that sort of thing with a limited group size.

People can think what they will about how the game looks, I'll never put anyone down for their opinion as I view each opinion as valuable as long as there is some indication of intelligence. "Thiz game SuXorS cuz I haz the PLorbem with XP" doesn't really do it for me.

People that give constructive criticism are more likely to be heard and you never know, something that's been nagging you might just be fixed later.

Single player has been finished, but we can patch the multiplayer as long as we want, whenever we want. In a sense, the MP experience is never finished, as is true for a great deal of other online games. This goes for AI, bugs, re-balancing, etc...

Dude, if you are an Insomniac Dev then mad props for talking to fans/critics on forums... that's awesome. Secondly, I think the game looks great and if it's going to get better textures than that's just icing on top (no worries here.) But if criticism is actually listened to then answer me this... is there any chance of getting the skins for the humans that look like really cool face/gasmasks masks (like the troopers are wearing in the trailer?) I like it when you can't see the soldiers faces... looks more badass in my opinion.

whitetiger3521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48 whitetiger3521
Member since 2005 • 4686 Posts

The graphics are really not that bad.. They just need to be touched up a little bit and it will be good to go! Just wish it was a little more realistic because it feels like im playing Unreal Tournament or something which really isnt a bad thing but I would much rather it be more realistic.

Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts

Graphics > Gameplay?

NO! FAIL.

Knivez0r
qft... graphics can't do much to save a crappy game.
Knivez0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Knivez0r
Member since 2006 • 1467 Posts
[QUOTE="Knivez0r"]

Graphics > Gameplay?

NO! FAIL.

americahellyeah

qft... graphics can't do much to save a crappy game.

Wow...crappy game? And i supposed Socom is better. LOL WTF.