benny_boy98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By benny_boy98
Member since 2015 • 485 Posts

So basically I am really good at calibrating my TV to get the best picture put of my ps4 but I am constantly changing the settings on my TV just in case it's not as good as it should be even though I know it looks fine. I find myself tweaking the settings more than I do playing and then when I am playing constantly looking to see if it's good enough instead of concentrating on the game play. I have been diagnosed with ocd but just would like some opinions.

benny_boy98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 benny_boy98

Could really do with some replies

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Hm - I really have no experience with this sort of thing, but a thought comes to mind: perhaps find a way to direct your mind towards a more enjoyable fixation.

For example, tell yourself "it's mid-range, fixed hardware... I literally can't achieve perfect image quality with this hardware because the games ship at a certain level to accommodate this" and then try to move on - seek out a game or aspect of a game you might try to perfect instead. Are you a Souls fan? Maybe something with challenging combat requiring very specific behaviors in different circumstances would be a good direction to focus - you could practice and hone your skills and really lose yourself mastering the game. This would be a case where perfectionism and fixation are now ALSO enjoyable - you're playing a game instead of futzing with color saturations. Another possibility would be something like The Witcher 3 - it's so big and also encourages methodical combat; you could direct your attention towards 100%ing the biggest RPG ever and perfecting mechanics there as well. I feel like setting a gaming "Everest" for yourself might help - thoughts?

benny_boy98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 benny_boy98

@xantufrog: thankyou helped out alot this certainly going to try what you are suggesting.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

glad I could help! I should say that if you decide to try The Witcher 3, its default difficulty isn't particularly high. So I might start on one of the higher difficulties because it might challenge you more (you can always lower it if it seems over-the-top or not enjoyable)

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Just set a time limit to adjust your picture settings on your television. 10minutes or so then get down to playing the game. You just have a go with the OCD flow. So just allow 10 mins or 15 minutes. Whatever time you select to fine tune the picture and then get right to playing the game at hand.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

I'm sorry, but this thread is kinda funny. After you made that topic about calibrating your TV it turns out that you're so obsessed by doing it, that you don't even get to play any games because of it.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

this doesnt really seem relevant to playstation.

benny_boy98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 benny_boy98

@Epak_: guess so yes haha I also used the bd disc and still have to change it all the time

benny_boy98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 benny_boy98

@Megavideogamer: sounds good thanks ks for the advice

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

@benny_boy98: So you have a calibration disc? Should be enough, or use your TV's 'game mode' setting when playing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#12 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I get really ocd like this sometimes too, but like someone else mentioned up above, doing this too much can cause you to completely waste the time you could use to enjoy games.

I think all of us have a certain level of ocd, or are ocd about particular things. I'd recommend going through your PS4 settings and adjusting screen ratio, calibating things and all that... once, and then see how it looks. Adjust the screen resolution and brightness. Usually whenever I start a game and it tells me "slide the cursor until you can no longer see the image on the left, but can still see the image to the right", I don't follow that bs, because usually the picture ends up way too dark to see what's happening on the screen. Instead, make it brighter, and readjust if the need arises once the game is actually started.

And then, just play, my friend.

benny_boy98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 benny_boy98

@Ovirew: I strongly agree I don't know what's happened but it's randomly just went away I must of just got sick of checking the settings constantly played for two days now without tweaking anything at all.