Rate my setup please.

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SimpsonFan0505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#51 SimpsonFan0505
Member since 2006 • 1533 Posts
There's alot of HD movie sand Blue ray! How much did all of thoose cost?
lawsonboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 lawsonboy
Member since 2006 • 618 Posts
I give it a 5.5/10 and all your points come from having the PS3.  Your TV hurts my eyes to look at.  You know you can get a 65" 720P Television for less than $1000. 

No point in having the PS3 if you're gonna play on standard TV.
spinalremains1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 spinalremains1
Member since 2007 • 143 Posts
sorry no pic, but I feel I got a pretty good setup.  62" HD Toshiba DLP with PS3 HDMI- Bose acoustimass surround sound.  Sounds amazing.  Anyone who says high Def is not needed is playing on a 30" screen mounted on a milk crate
spinalremains1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 spinalremains1
Member since 2007 • 143 Posts
[QUOTE="Roen1"]Here's my setup. Check it out!  32" Philips Pixel Plus 720p/1080i HDTV w/ HDMI, 60GB PS3, Xbox 360 Premium, DirectTV HD Receiver, Panasonic 5.1 surround DVD/Receiver (won off from Far Cry Predator user created maps competition) And some more pics of my setup:

Dude, that's nice
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#55 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

And now, my setup (pardon the terrible cell phone pics)

Fire_of_Contee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 Fire_of_Contee
Member since 2004 • 248 Posts

all those set ups are terrible. I'm playin on a 51" HDTV with 5.1 surround sound hooked up with fiber optic cables and HDMI.  i dont know what could be better

nhortn
Dude, a 51, you must be like 8 feet from your TV, it may just be me but i like my 27 where i can sit just three feet away and still be able to see the whole screen without swimming in it (and your 51 is probably rear projection which sucks)...... Yar
bballboy986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 bballboy986
Member since 2003 • 272 Posts

no HD...I have to give it a 2/10.

^ there's mine

Ryeferd
waste of shelve space and bare wall, 6/10
RoboticZombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 RoboticZombie
Member since 2006 • 370 Posts
what do you want us to rate again? cannot even see it! 
ssjlv4nappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 ssjlv4nappa
Member since 2006 • 77 Posts
[QUOTE="tonyandsteff"][QUOTE="nhortn"]

all those set ups are terrible. I'm playin on a 51" HDTV with 5.1 surround sound hooked up with fiber optic cables and HDMI. i dont know what could be better

BroweChisox

same here, only my tv's a 57". I've got the HDMI audio going to the tv, then the tv audio out it isa fiber optic running up to a Yamaha HTR-5940. then out to my horse manure speakers for now, but im slowly but surely upgrading the 6.1 system to klipsch.

You really should upgrade your receiver as it is fairly low end. Yamaha makes some good options that support uncompressed PCM through HDMI instead of being stuck with compressed audio like you are now.

Mines Bigger than yours... Mines bigger than yours. Grow up guys
BroweChisox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 BroweChisox
Member since 2003 • 1104 Posts
[QUOTE="BroweChisox"][QUOTE="tonyandsteff"][QUOTE="nhortn"]

all those set ups are terrible. I'm playin on a 51" HDTV with 5.1 surround sound hooked up with fiber optic cables and HDMI. i dont know what could be better

ssjlv4nappa

same here, only my tv's a 57". I've got the HDMI audio going to the tv, then the tv audio out it isa fiber optic running up to a Yamaha HTR-5940. then out to my horse manure speakers for now, but im slowly but surely upgrading the 6.1 system to klipsch.

You really should upgrade your receiver as it is fairly low end. Yamaha makes some good options that support uncompressed PCM through HDMI instead of being stuck with compressed audio like you are now.

Mines Bigger than yours... Mines bigger than yours. Grow up guys

I never said anything about my setup... just made the observation that he was using very low end sound. It is a fact, not an opinion or comparison. Thanks for the assumption though.
janzaruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 janzaruk
Member since 2005 • 726 Posts
[QUOTE="ssjlv4nappa"]Mines Bigger than yours... Mines bigger than yours. Grow up guys
[/QUOTE AMEN brother. I am SICK and tired of all of this, look what I got crap. For all of those who say you MUST have an HDTV for the PS3, you are full of it. Playing on a SDTV is great. Gameplay, guys, we play games for gameplay. yes, graphics are nice and a great bonus, but we still PLAY games, not just look at them. I am very glad you all have made it financially. You are all very lucky to be able to have the great audio/video setups you do. But please stop putting down people who don't have the financial resources you do. Now, I admit the original poster had it coming since he asked everyone to rate his setup. I also agree the 2Pac is lame, but leave the kid alone. He obviously likes the guy and is pretty happy with his setup. Nothing wrong with saying his setup is bad, but don't bash the guy into feeling like a piece of #%$&.
tonyandsteff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 tonyandsteff
Member since 2007 • 407 Posts
lol i remember when i was about 17 or 18 and i was obsessed with the HTIAB systems.. Thats where i got my first surround sound!  It really isn't THAT bad...  It really isn't THAT good either, but hey, for $300-400 you get what you pay for.  Sure, it's not digital theater blah blah blah but you know what, it worked for what it was bought for!  But now I'm going the higher end route with the fancy receiver, nice speakers, the whole 9 yards.  I still have that 7 year old system!  I'm still using the speakers until i purchase the good ones, one set at a time.  And the DVD player that came with it.  Oh, and the guy who was askin how far away from the TV we are - I'm about 8-10 feet from my 57".  It's pretty much perfect.  We have a HUGE living room, and the best part about the architecture of my home, is that there is the office right next to the L.R., then the Dining room, THEN the kitchen, so i dont hear the dishwasher when its on, or the bathroom, or nothing.  Basically, its me and my game and no interruptions.  Believe it or not, my wife is usually my second set of eyes, she loves watching when i play games like GOW or DMC.  She sees a lot of sh1t that i dont.
OiPunk138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 OiPunk138
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

donalbane

Nice setup...I'm curious, where did you get the cabinet your tv is on? It's pretty much exactly what I've been looking for.
m3Boarder32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 m3Boarder32
Member since 2002 • 9526 Posts

There is my setup.
Onkyo TXSR604 + Klipsch Speakers + 10" Klipsch Subwoofer.

PS3 gets audio via HDMI.
Xbox 360 gets audio via Optical.
HD Receiver gets audio via HDMI

And yeah,  5.1 uncompressed audio sounds freakin awsome!
Yankee_In_TX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#65 Yankee_In_TX
Member since 2007 • 732 Posts

a)  PS3 sucks on SDTV.  I have an SDTV.  I find myself squinting, tilting my head...  I can't read the names of half of the plays on Madden, and Marvel cuts off a lot of stuff on my tv.

b)  Playing on a widescreen HDTV is a Godsend.  To the point that I carry my PS3 over to my buddy's every weekend (ironically, the Wii looks horrid on his TV).

m3Boarder32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 m3Boarder32
Browe,   you better not come in here, pointing your finger at me, and telling me my setup sucks!  =P
Yankee_In_TX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#67 Yankee_In_TX
Member since 2007 • 732 Posts
Browe,   you better not come in here, pointing your finger at me, and telling me my setup sucks!  =Pm3Boarder32
LOL, if you're talking to me, I was replying to the rant art the top of the page saying SDTV is great. My TV is a circuit city special circa 2002; 30some inches of cr*p :( I'm in law school, no $ for a new TV! I'm hoping the Mrs. buys me one for my bday.
ebkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 ebkboy
Member since 2005 • 390 Posts
heres mine. 56 inch jvc hd-ila 1080p
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#69 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
[QUOTE="donalbane"]

OiPunk138

Nice setup...I'm curious, where did you get the cabinet your tv is on? It's pretty much exactly what I've been looking for.

It's from Ikea... called the Magiker... I got it on sale for $80. They have a grey one as well. There's also matching coffee tables and such. I love it. Perfect for a gamer with a lot of consoles.
Quadrifoglio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#70 Quadrifoglio
Member since 2006 • 5451 Posts

1/10

Seriously you should save up ome $$$ for a quality HDTV.

The PS3 deserves better:wink:

Horrible pic BTW

now rate mine

Mkavanaugh77
Very ugly! Particurlarly the sub... And the wires.. And the posters.
janzaruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 janzaruk
Member since 2005 • 726 Posts
PS3 sucks on SDTVYankee_In_TX
You are so wrong man. I've played on both HDTV and SDTV and have had a great time on both. I can read ALL the plays on Madden, no problem. You may be right about Marvel, I haven't played it, but you are VERY WRONG about Madden. I even have crappy vision with my old eyes and I can read everything on the SDTV. Sorry man, I guess we just disagree.
jlabadie88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#72 jlabadie88
Member since 2003 • 1985 Posts
Um well you've got everything you need but it's kinda boring...to rate it I give it a 3/10. The TV is too big for the cabinet, for one thing.
m3Boarder32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 m3Boarder32

Um well you've got everything you need but it's kinda boring...to rate it I give it a 3/10. The TV is too big for the cabinet, for one thing.jlabadie88

Your looking at the wrong setup.

WARRZONE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 WARRZONE
Member since 2006 • 1308 Posts
[QUOTE="nhortn"]

all those set ups are terrible. I'm playin on a 51" HDTV with 5.1 surround sound hooked up with fiber optic cables and HDMI.  i dont know what could be better

Fire_of_Contee
your 51 is probably rear projection which sucks......

Actually there are some nice LCoS TVs out right now (I don't like DLP). I want this TV: http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=KDSR60XBR2&Dept=tvvideo&CategoryName=tv_ProjectionTVs_RearProjection_55to80TVs Cheaper at B&H Photo: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=Search&A=details&Q=&sku=425391&is=REG&addedTroughType=search
BroweChisox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 BroweChisox

There is my setup.

PS3 gets audio via HDMI.

And yeah, 5.1 uncompressed audio sounds freakin awsome!
m3Boarder32
Just thought you might want to look up the Onkyo fix for the LFE channel through uncompressed PCM. For some reason, every manufacturer but Denon did not include an adjustment to the LFE track when it is sent through HDMI. Therefore all uncompressed tracks will have an LFE track 10db too low. I am unsure on some of the fixes/adjustments but it is something you should look into. You might have to see if the 604 supports individual settings per each input per each level. Avsforum will probably be more helpful as I have not calibrated a setup with that particular model.
BroweChisox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 BroweChisox
Yo those panasonic surround sound system sucks...i used to have taht exact one..got it at costco for 400 bucks but my cousin came over and hes got a bussiniss settin up surround sounds and stuff and hes really smart at that stuff and he said it was **** knew it was..but it looks cool wit the towers..so we returned it and costco and for 50 extra bucks we got the new debin surround system..sounds so much better..plus its got an upconverting dvd player to 1080i..i love it..also got the 42 in vizio...almost got the philips like u.
on page 3.
crazekid360
Wow that is some nasty english, I am sure english is not your first language so I won't be too critical. Anyway, I have never ever heard of the brand Debin so I have to imagine it is even worse than the average HTIB which seems like it might be unimaginably bad.
m3Boarder32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 m3Boarder32

[QUOTE="m3Boarder32"]

There is my setup.

PS3 gets audio via HDMI.

BroweChisox
Just thought you might want to look up the Onkyo fix for the LFE channel through uncompressed PCM. For some reason, every manufacturer but Denon did not include an adjustment to the LFE track when it is sent through HDMI. Therefore all uncompressed tracks will have an LFE track 10db too low. I am unsure on some of the fixes/adjustments but it is something you should look into. You might have to see if the 604 supports individual settings per each input per each level. Avsforum will probably be more helpful as I have not calibrated a setup with that particular model.

I'm well aware of all that.  And i don't really care, my wife is already constantly complaining about the subwoofer being too loud.  Ill upgrade everything once my business takes off and i have a bigger place.

BroweChisox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 BroweChisox

[QUOTE="BroweChisox"][QUOTE="m3Boarder32"]

There is my setup.

PS3 gets audio via HDMI.

m3Boarder32

I'm well aware of all that. And i don't really care, my wife is already constantly complaining about the subwoofer being too loud. Ill upgrade everything once my business takes off and i have a bigger place.

I wasn't trying to make you mad. There is a way to fix it I am sure. It is a budget receiver, but not that low budget.
m3Boarder32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 m3Boarder32
[QUOTE="m3Boarder32"]

[QUOTE="BroweChisox"][QUOTE="m3Boarder32"]

There is my setup.

PS3 gets audio via HDMI.

BroweChisox

I'm well aware of all that. And i don't really care, my wife is already constantly complaining about the subwoofer being too loud. Ill upgrade everything once my business takes off and i have a bigger place.

I wasn't trying to make you mad. There is a way to fix it I am sure. It is a budget receiver, but not that low budget.

I'm not mad