• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Delsage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Delsage
Member since 2004 • 3355 Posts

In sales PS3 has surpassed the 8 million mark and is steadily making it's way to 9 million units sold. If PS3 keeps selling this way Sony will easily make it to 11 million units by the end of this ficial year.

LINK

Just wait until MGS4 come.

========

bluray20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bluray20
Member since 2007 • 132 Posts
I wouldsnt be surprised if they sell past 11million!
thekodaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 thekodaman
Member since 2006 • 1733 Posts
Nice to see more PS3's being sold simply because more units sold means producers are more likely to release games for the PS3 or at least make a good job of porting games onto it.
AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AgentH
Member since 2004 • 4636 Posts

In sales PS3 has surpassed the 8 million mark and is steadily making it's way to 9 million units sold. If PS3 keeps selling this way Sony will easily make it to 11 million units by the end of this ficial year.

LINK

========

Delsage

MGS4 alone probably might push over 1 million people to buy the damn console couple of months before the game's launch.

thekodaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 thekodaman
Member since 2006 • 1733 Posts
Well AgentH, Konami said they needed to sell 1 million copies of MGS4 on the first day, I think they'll just about do it provided that there is enough supply. Hell it might even sell half that on pre-orders alone.
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts

So Sony wasn't lying about getting to 11 million sold until the end of the fiscal year...

HURRAY!!

angrymouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 angrymouse
Member since 2007 • 277 Posts
you guys base all this on VG charts... =(
NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts

you guys base all this on VG charts... =(angrymouse

and? How do you know they are not credible, there is no recent news saying it is not credible.

bluray20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bluray20
Killzone 2 will shock all and i sony advertsises this game really good and mgs4 then sony will outsell the wii and 360
urio1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 urio1
Member since 2007 • 1576 Posts

uhh heres a thought... if so many 360s break im sure there are the ppl that just buy a new one instead of just returning it... even so maybe returns arent subtracted from the number of 360s sold.... sooo not tryin to start a flame war here but i think the 360 only has so much because of ppl having to buy new ones and returns not being subtracted from the total number... but 8.41 million is pretty good

khalid_b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 khalid_b
Member since 2005 • 622 Posts

uhh heres a thought... if so many 360s break im sure there are the ppl that just buy a new one instead of just returning it... even so maybe returns arent subtracted from the number of 360s sold.... sooo not tryin to start a flame war here but i think the 360 only has so much because of ppl having to buy new ones and returns not being subtracted from the total number... but 8.41 million is pretty good

urio1

Good point. I think so as well and I aslo think 2008, which is rite around the corner is gonna put the PS3 on top cuz I think a number of the PS2 gamers will move up to a PS3 to play MGS4 and hopefully FF13 if it is released next year as well.

bluray20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bluray20
ps3 will surpass 20 million by the end of december next year
ParadiseAwaits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ParadiseAwaits
Member since 2007 • 1410 Posts

So Sony wasn't lying about getting to 11 million sold until the end of the fiscal year...

HURRAY!!

rogerjak

Sony knows what they're doing. They had a very rough start, but now they have the rocket launcher and they're ready to steal the flag. :D

urio1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 urio1
Member since 2007 • 1576 Posts
[QUOTE="rogerjak"]

HURRAY!!

ParadiseAwaits

Sony knows what they're doing. They had a very rough start, but now they have the rocket launcher and they're ready to steal the flag. :D

lol i love ur sig its funny kinda but i did enjoy halo 3 regardless

FWT_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FWT_Dragon
Member since 2006 • 214 Posts

lets see if gt5 and mgs 4 will be the system sellers that everyone says. I really hope so...

ajthelegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 ajthelegend
Member since 2003 • 418 Posts
Great job, looks like this advertising is starting to pay off. It seems like every other commercial is something about PS3...
dstryr13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dstryr13
Member since 2007 • 6521 Posts

Great job, looks like this advertising is starting to pay off. It seems like every other commercial is something about PS3...ajthelegend

QFT and that is awesome

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
PS3 is a great gaming system, it deserves it. and it will sell more when more of great games coming out by next year.
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
That's great news! Thanks! :D
SikKwuN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SikKwuN
Member since 2007 • 1442 Posts
so glad no as****** started up teh whole shipped vs sold debacle. keep this thread happy! :D woot
AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

those are shipped #s :P

couldnt help it. anyways great news

darkprince99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 darkprince99
Member since 2006 • 90 Posts
Wait 'till GOW3 comes out and by GOW i dont mean gears of war
TKMHomicide187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TKMHomicide187
Member since 2007 • 135 Posts
Nintendo WII is just dominating well i have both 3 systems i hope the ps3 will sell more
Tidida1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Tidida1
Member since 2003 • 30 Posts
Vgchartz undertracked the PS3 for november by 75K in North America and overtracked the 360 and Wii by nearly 200K each .And they didnt change the numbers when NPD released theirs .They are also tracking more 360 in some european contries that the numbers MS themselves reclaim so some overtracking there too .With that said ,I think the PS3 numbers are correct as they have always tried to put them the lower possible.As always with vgchartz ,take the numbers with a grain of salt as orientative and wait until NPD data to have your own idea of whats happening ,in any case its orientative and shows the PS3 is doing quite good for its real first "holidays " with good supply and good games .The future looks good for the machine ,even if it doesnt dominate as the PS2 .
valcrist09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 valcrist09
Member since 2003 • 654 Posts
wonderfull news!!! It is nice to see PS3 boosting sales!!! The games imo are fantasic and are just getting better, 2008 should be a bad ass year for them, not only do they match 360 in multi platforms this year, but a lot of them are lead platform so they will at leased run nearly as good as 360, so sales should keep going up not having to worry about that. Also with ps3 pushing damn near 7+ quality exclusives and 360 already through there big hype guns out, and really close to each other and ps3 sales are still selling at a good % margin. If they can keep this up, and release top end exclusives like they advertise, the time MGS4 gets a date, there should be more then enough systems out there to make Konami happy and for MGS to die on PS3 and never set foot on the Evil cluches of the 360.
valcrist09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 valcrist09
Member since 2003 • 654 Posts
If sony can come into E3 2008, with Killzone,GT5,MGS4,Little big planet, ect being Huge hits, and then throw down God of war 3, Resistance 2, hopefully some FF13 news, and next project for Naughty dog and The rachet and clank team ect heh, then we got our selves a major console battle.
silver2kone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 silver2kone
Member since 2003 • 207 Posts
nexgenwars.com is showing 5 mil... so which site is right?
ChartTopper93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ChartTopper93
Member since 2006 • 880 Posts

LINK

========

Delsage

i mean, its a nice number but at the same time not impressive. those are just people that couldn't afford the system at it's launch and months after...dedicated cows that just finally got the money to afford it. with 120+millsion ps2 owers who were suppose to jump to the ps3...8 million sold is a very measly number to me and i'm sure Sony doesn't look at it as a positive either

also there's no way it's reaching 11 million sold by the end of the year, lol. it's the 26th...the new year is in 5 days. do you really think it's going to sell 3 million units in 5 days...a week AFTER christmas?? people spent all their money for christmas and the other holidays of this month and now after all that is done 3 million people are goin to say "hey, why not spend some more and buy a 400 dollar system and get even more in the hole." lol.

if it was around 10 million sold i'd say there'd be a chance...but looking at the charts(weekly numbers---THE WEEK BEFORE CHRISTMAS) the ps3 was still the losest selling console besides the wii that had shortages...which it barely outsold. so why would anyone of u think it'd reach the 11 million unit mark is beyond me.

did you actually look at the numbers...it sold like crap. 120+ million ps2 users...8 million ps3s sold...stop saying things are looking food for the ps3, they're not.

ChartTopper93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ChartTopper93

wonderfull news!!! It is nice to see PS3 boosting sales!!! The games imo are fantasic and are just getting better, 2008 should be a bad ass year for them, not only do they match 360 in multi platforms this year, but a lot of them are lead platform so they will at leased run nearly as good as 360, so sales should keep going up not having to worry about that. Also with ps3 pushing damn near 7+ quality exclusives and 360 already through there big hype guns out, and really close to each other and ps3 sales are still selling at a good % margin. If they can keep this up, and release top end exclusives like they advertise, the time MGS4 gets a date, there should be more then enough systems out there to make Konami happy and for MGS to die on PS3 and never set foot on the Evil cluches of the 360.valcrist09

is anyone even looking athe the numbers and thinking rationally?? reaching the 11 million is a goal...not success for Sony anyway.

the system needs a heavy hitter out now...a bunch of maybes and luke warm recepted games isn't goin to cause any boom.

khalid_b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 khalid_b
Member since 2005 • 622 Posts
[QUOTE="Delsage"]

LINK

========

ChartTopper93

i mean, its a nice number but at the same time not impressive. those are just people that couldn't afford the system at it's launch and months after...dedicated cows that just finally got the money to afford it. with 120+millsion ps2 owers who were suppose to jump to the ps3...8 million sold is a very measly number to me and i'm sure Sony doesn't look at it as a positive either

also there's no way it's reaching 11 million sold by the end of the year, lol. it's the 26th...the new year is in 5 days. do you really think it's going to sell 3 million units in 5 days...a week AFTER christmas?? people spent all their money for christmas and the other holidays of this month and now after all that is done 3 million people are goin to say "hey, why not spend some more and buy a 400 dollar system and get even more in the hole." lol.

if it was around 10 million sold i'd say there'd be a chance...but looking at the charts(weekly numbers---THE WEEK BEFORE CHRISTMAS) the ps3 was still the losest selling console besides the wii that had shortages...which it barely outsold. so why would anyone of u think it'd reach the 11 million unit mark is beyond me.

did you actually look at the numbers...it sold like crap. 120+ million ps2 users...8 million ps3s sold...stop saying things are looking food for the ps3, they're not.

This post is so full of fail it is almost unbelievable. Look man this is for you...please read it so you don't make yourself look so bad again - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiscal_year

MyzeDivine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MyzeDivine
Member since 2007 • 916 Posts
[QUOTE="ChartTopper93"][QUOTE="Delsage"]

LINK

========

khalid_b

This post is so full of fail it is almost unbelievable. Look man this is for you...please read it so you don't make yourself look so bad again - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiscal_year

Heh, was just about to post that.

Anyway, good for Sony. I agree with what someone else said, I think the advertising has been a major help, considering there was almost none before a couple months ago.

DMC2677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DMC2677
Member since 2007 • 209 Posts
Okay...that's 11 million by the end of the Fiscal Year, not calendar year. And that's not too bad considering stumbling out the gate in third, massive negative PR and undercutted by developers who didn't wan't to put forth max effort into making decent ports, not "dumbed down" ones plus...the unfriendly $$$ tag! Look at what's out now: NG Sigma, Resistance, Uncharted, Tekken DR online, Warhawk, R&C, Heavenly Sword to go with great multi-plats CoD4, Assassin's Creed, UT3 (timed exclusive I know), etc. M$ fired their shots early and the Wii is truckin along (fun I'll admit...found one for my kids for Christmas), but look at what's coming...MGS4, Killzone 2, (the real)GOW 3, LBP, Tekken 6, DMC4, GTA4, Resistance 2, Home community, Haze, FF XIII, and so on.....Pretty soon, all the Sony owners will be saying..."Who's laughing now"....
xxgameheadxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 xxgameheadxx
Member since 2007 • 202 Posts

[QUOTE="valcrist09"]wonderfull news!!! It is nice to see PS3 boosting sales!!! The games imo are fantasic and are just getting better, 2008 should be a bad ass year for them, not only do they match 360 in multi platforms this year, but a lot of them are lead platform so they will at leased run nearly as good as 360, so sales should keep going up not having to worry about that. Also with ps3 pushing damn near 7+ quality exclusives and 360 already through there big hype guns out, and really close to each other and ps3 sales are still selling at a good % margin. If they can keep this up, and release top end exclusives like they advertise, the time MGS4 gets a date, there should be more then enough systems out there to make Konami happy and for MGS to die on PS3 and never set foot on the Evil cluches of the 360.ChartTopper93

is anyone even looking athe the numbers and thinking rationally?? reaching the 11 million is a goal...not success for Sony anyway.

the system needs a heavy hitter out now...a bunch of maybes and luke warm recepted games isn't goin to cause any boom.

OMG thisguy again...dude we know you dislike sony , so just stay the F*@$ out. cant help it that sony is making a comeback so you come here trying to bring the hope down...wich in my opinion doesn't work ... good try though, sad but good try :P

stickstick86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 stickstick86
Member since 2007 • 751 Posts
great news!
ChartTopper93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ChartTopper93
[QUOTE="ChartTopper93"][QUOTE="Delsage"]

LINK

========

khalid_b

ok, well when did the fiscal year start for sony or the gaming industry? when does it end?

i didn't know the difference....but enlighten.

ChartTopper93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ChartTopper93
[QUOTE="ChartTopper93"]

[QUOTE="valcrist09"]wonderfull news!!! It is nice to see PS3 boosting sales!!! The games imo are fantasic and are just getting better, 2008 should be a bad ass year for them, not only do they match 360 in multi platforms this year, but a lot of them are lead platform so they will at leased run nearly as good as 360, so sales should keep going up not having to worry about that. Also with ps3 pushing damn near 7+ quality exclusives and 360 already through there big hype guns out, and really close to each other and ps3 sales are still selling at a good % margin. If they can keep this up, and release top end exclusives like they advertise, the time MGS4 gets a date, there should be more then enough systems out there to make Konami happy and for MGS to die on PS3 and never set foot on the Evil cluches of the 360.xxgameheadxx

OMG thisguy again...dude we know you dislike sony , so just stay the F*@$ out. cant help it that sony is making a comeback so you come here trying to bring the hope down...wich in my opinion doesn't work ... good try though, sad but good try :P

not trying to bring anybody down. it's the truth, its a goal not a success if it does happen. do u really think Sony only wants to sell 11 million units out of the 120 million ps2 users to date. truthfully i was expecting at least 15 million sold by now when they had 120 million waiting. i thought the 360 would have no chance inthis at all and it'd be a miracle to be in the race...but lookie here.

gamenux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 gamenux
Member since 2006 • 5308 Posts

urio1
[QUOTE="urio1"]

khalid_b

Good point. I think so as well and I aslo think 2008, which is rite around the corner is gonna put the PS3 on top cuz I think a number of the PS2 gamers will move up to a PS3 to play MGS4 and hopefully FF13 if it is released next year as well.

If a 360 owners gets their 360 returned with a new one instead of a repaired or refurbish one, does that new one get added as another console sold?

Cause I recall reading somewhere that MS' numbers does not say how many is new or refurbish and there issuggestion that they puts them together in one number.
jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
[QUOTE="khalid_b"][QUOTE="ChartTopper93"][QUOTE="Delsage"]

LINK

========

ChartTopper93

ok, well when did the fiscal year start for sony or the gaming industry? when does it end?

The fiscal year of the PS3 comes around in March, at that time the system would be out in all the regions for a full year.

Also I think the numbers are going to make some 360 fans jaws drop, because the numbers are going to be more than what the charts are showing.

Sphire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Sphire
Member since 2004 • 2081 Posts

^^I believe it's the April-March one. And so, quite possibly, depending when MGS4 comes out, the ps3 could get to 11+million. Keep in mind other exclusives as well.

I know some people are saying that it's a far cry from the 120+million ps2 base.But lets face it, that was at the end of the ps2's cycle. And total sales so far for all consoles don't come anywhere close to that number. So really, although 8million ain't much, it's good by comparison to the competition. Really just means most of that ps2 base hasn't bought into next-gen yet. And I don't blame them really.

dstryr13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 dstryr13
Member since 2007 • 6521 Posts
[QUOTE="urio1"]

gamenux
[QUOTE="urio1"]

khalid_b

If a 360 owners gets their 360 returned with a new one instead of a repaired or refurbish one, does that new one get added as another console sold?

Cause I recall reading somewhere that MS' numbers does not say how many is new or refurbish and there issuggestion that they puts them together in one number.

Not 100% on this but i think it does cuz a new one is always going to be a unit sold, refurbished and used not always but new for sure

ChartTopper93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ChartTopper93
[QUOTE="ChartTopper93"][QUOTE="khalid_b"][QUOTE="ChartTopper93"][QUOTE="Delsage"]

LINK

========

jimm895

The fiscal year of the PS3 comes around in March, at that time the system would be out in all the regions for a full year.

Also I think the numbers are going to make some 360 fans jaws drop, because the numbers are going to be more than what the charts are showing.

oh ok, thanks.

VengenceZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 VengenceZero
Member since 2004 • 277 Posts
good advertisements, and a price drop. should of done since day one but otherwise good job sony.
Liquid-Prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Liquid-Prince
Member since 2007 • 2277 Posts
Playstation doesn't lose.
ScottEFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ScottEFresh
Member since 2003 • 1574 Posts
I'm sick of people saying VG chartz arn't credible. Sure it's not NPD but it's not like the numbers are ever way off. They are, for the most part, pretty accurate. The PS3 is finally selling and I think some xbots can't handle it.
mgs_freak91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 mgs_freak91
Member since 2007 • 2053 Posts

thats good work by sony. wow imagine what it would be like when mgs4 and killzone 2 comes out...i think that sony should advertise these two games quite a bit...it would do wonders!! i think alot of people would be very surprised with teh graphics on killzone 2.

What you guys think?

swordfish_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 swordfish_64
Member since 2007 • 571 Posts

Gran Turismo 5; Socom Confrontation andd Socom 4, MGS4, Killzone 2, Final Fantasy XIII/Versus XIII, Little Big Planet, Home, Wipeout HD, Resistance 2, Motorstorm 2; These games WILL sell major numbers of systems.

Claw17k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Claw17k
Member since 2006 • 472 Posts
MGS4+Killzone 2= the ps3's last hope
Liquid-Prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points