PS3 not worth the price.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Korvell88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Korvell88
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Let me first say that i am no fanboy. I just want to explain why the PS3 did not live up to my ecspectations.
I have all the next-gen consoles; WII, XBOX360 and Playstation3. I only use my WII when i have friends over and that's okay.
I did not intend to use it more than that. On the ohter hand i have my 360. God only knows how many hours i have spend playing on it.
But about a month ago i decided to get the PS3, so i could see for my self what all the hype was about. That i should never have done...
First thing i found strange was why the HDMI cabel did not go with it!? What is up with that? I bought it a saturday so i had to wait until
monday before i could get the HDMI cabel. But i got the cabel and was ready to play. As i sat there and played my way trough Uncharted,
amazed over the incredible graphic - i thought back on the time i played GOW2 on the 360. Dude... The PS3 costs 500 euros and the 360 costs
200 euros. With that much a difference in the price and all the hype about it, i would have thought it would be possible to come up
with some better graphic than that... But anyway.. That's only one game so i tried Resistance 2. What a Halo rip-of. Don't get me wrong. I love
Resistance 2 and i enjoyed it very much, but come on.. Find something original..

And as i said with the price difference. With the 360 i got a HDD i could switch with a bigger if i wanted to and i got a ready to use plug'n'play
head-set. But okay its free to play online on the ps3 and it has the OVER hyped blu-ray drive so i will give it a chance and hope there will be
some games that really uses all the machine power the ps3 has and gets me feeling it was all the 500 euros worth.

(Sorry for my spelling. I'm from a non-english speaking land)

Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Dilrod
Member since 2003 • 4257 Posts
Nice opinion. Everyone one has one. Blog it. You say your not a fanboy yet you make very fanboyish comments. Ruining any credibility you could have had.
rodney130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 rodney130
Member since 2004 • 1139 Posts
Resistance a Halo knock off? Hahahahaha
Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts
I can understand anyones opinion, but as stated this is something best suited for a blog because you are not going to get very nice comments...
taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 taplok
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts
System Wars forum, bud!
jfcundiff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jfcundiff
Member since 2007 • 6365 Posts
Nice opinion. Everyone one has one. Blog it. You say your not a fanboy yet you make very fanboyish comments. Ruining any credibility you could have had.Dilrod
Fanboyish comments indeed!
ZacherWol19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 ZacherWol19
Member since 2007 • 1336 Posts
Resistance a Halo knock off? Hahahahaharodney130
Exactly. You can get an HDMI cable for 2 dollars that works has good has any other one. And that price is not high... it has a Bluray Player in it which is amazing. And seriously if you think Resistance 2 is a Halo Rip off then you obviously think every single FPS is a rip off to what ever the first FPS was. And you arent a fanyboy yea right!
Gamer_4_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#8 Gamer_4_Fun
Member since 2008 • 3862 Posts
Worst thread...which should have been in system wars. Why are you telling us this? I am so so glad that I sold ym 360 which couldn't RRODed andcouldn't read discs from other regions.
taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9 taplok
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

Let me first say that i am no fanboy. I just want to explain why the PS3 did not live up to my ecspectations.
I have all the next-gen consoles; WII, XBOX360 and Playstation3. I only use my WII when i have friends over and that's okay.
I did not intend to use it more than that. On the ohter hand i have my 360. God only knows how many hours i have spend playing on it.
But about a month ago i decided to get the PS3, so i could see for my self what all the hype was about. That i should never have done...
First thing i found strange was why the HDMI cabel did not go with it!? What is up with that? I bought it a saturday so i had to wait until
monday before i could get the HDMI cabel. But i got the cabel and was ready to play. As i sat there and played my way trough Uncharted,
amazed over the incredible graphic - i thought back on the time i played GOW2 on the 360. Dude... The PS3 costs 500 euros and the 360 costs
200 euros. With that much a difference in the price and all the hype about it, i would have thought it would be possible to come up
with some better graphic than that... But anyway.. That's only one game so i tried Resistance 2. What a Halo rip-of. Don't get me wrong. I love
Resistance 2 and i enjoyed it very much, but come on.. Find something original..

And as i said with the price difference. With the 360 i got a HDD i could switch with a bigger if i wanted to and i got a ready to use plug'n'play
head-set. But okay its free to play online on the ps3 and it has the OVER hyped blu-ray drive so i will give it a chance and hope there will be
some games that really uses all the machine power the ps3 has and gets me feeling it was all the 500 euros worth.

Korvell88
the PS3 is worth every single penny that i spent on it! before this gets locked, read below...
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

amazed over the incredible graphic - i thought back on the time i played GOW2 on the 360. Dude...
The PS3 costs 500 euros and the 360 costs

Korvell88

I have marked everything in your post that makes it blatantly obvious that you are, indeed, a fanboy who can not appreciate the PS3 for what it is, but only slander it for what it isn't in comparison to another console.

...fanboy.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts
Cannot say I didnt warn you...
1uP_OnYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 1uP_OnYou
Member since 2008 • 3183 Posts
Ps3= Win. PS360= Instant Win.
N9ne-xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 N9ne-xx
Member since 2008 • 317 Posts

Resistance 2 isn't really a rip-off of Halo, it has the feel to it but it's not quite halo.
I got my PS3 about what? 3 weeks ago? I just finished playing Uncharted (gonna replay it so i can get my 3 last trophies for the platinum) and i REALLY liked Uncharted, IMO it's a AAA game. I was kinda the same about the PS3 not coming out with a HDmi or a comnent cable and how you have to buy it separatly but meh, I think PS3 is what it's worth, i used to think different when i was playing my 360.

Resistance is pretty good to but not AAA or AA worthy, probably around A but it's good for a sequel and the ending's pretty good to. But PSN does need some changes, XBL kills PSN in many ways for online, PSN needs some touches but other then that, i think PS3's all ready for 09 and it's gonna be a good year for it.

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#14 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
Ps3= Win. PS360= Instant Win.1uP_OnYou
So damn true.I wish i could say that but my 360 messed up.But you have an excellent point Cometh.....I mean other guy.
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

[QUOTE="1uP_OnYou"]Ps3= Win. PS360= Instant Win.K1LLR3175
So damn true.I wish i could say that but my 360 messed up.But you have an excellent point Cometh.....I mean other guy.

lmao, Other Guy.

Fyrmest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Fyrmest
Member since 2008 • 280 Posts

Korvell88
Welcome to reality my friend.
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

The PS3 was worth every penny I paid for it.

That's all that matters to me.

Fyrmest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Fyrmest
Member since 2008 • 280 Posts
No consoles are ever worth their value but let's face it, the companies that make it and the companies that co-op to help sell it make a hell of a profit.
Devourment423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Devourment423
Member since 2005 • 2163 Posts
Meh
freham2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 freham2001
Member since 2004 • 2719 Posts
Yeah....i mean crap i bought a launch 60gb and that was way more expensive than they are now, and it was worth every penny to me. I feel sorry for you, but now im kindly asking you to leave this thread. Trust me its for your own good.
Nasty_butler_9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 Nasty_butler_9
Member since 2007 • 1540 Posts
lol youve got to be joking. Given whats inside, the PS3 is extremly UNDERPRICED. You just obviously don't know where to spend your money, you should have known how much the ps3 was before you bought it XD
Avatar image for ChocolateCake10
ChocolateCake10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ChocolateCake10
Member since 2008 • 759 Posts
ps3 cost 500 euros? it costs 400 dollars in canada so that doesnt make sense.....it should cost the same everywhere and 400$ cdn =/= 500 euros
soyt_llusala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 soyt_llusala
Member since 2004 • 289 Posts

The PS3 is worth more than you pay. that is why Sony did not include HDMI cable to compensate for their losses. about the graphics I don't know if the problem is the PS3 settings, cables used, TV settings or the developers who makes the game graphics crap.

If you are not a fanboy, then don't degrade the unit and games itself. because it will make you a one fine fanboy

CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 CanadianCR
Member since 2008 • 3824 Posts
Then why did you buy it?
Infinite-Zr0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Infinite-Zr0
Member since 2003 • 13284 Posts
Well his post is 360 fanboy style(wall of text).
Genesis940

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#26 Genesis940
Member since 2009 • 82 Posts
Um why would anyone care here on the PS3 forums when we are actually enjoying the PS3 and its worth the price even though the price is reasonable. To the systems wars forum away!
drj077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 drj077
Member since 2003 • 8375 Posts

The thread creator confused me with his comments about the PS3s hard drive. He must be totally unware that the hard drive is an entirely upgradeable item.

Avatar image for QuebecSuperstar
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 QuebecSuperstar
Member since 2006 • 4178 Posts

Korvell88

Dude, you know your thread is going to get locked so why do you even bother? That stuff belongs to your blog page or System Wars.

gaclough

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 gaclough
Member since 2005 • 214 Posts
Wow great opinion... over priced huh? Try adding in the cost of online play, WIFI, blue tooth capability and the cost of a blu- ray player - then what would your 360 cost? Not to mention a superior processor. Hey don't get me wrong, there are great 360 exclusive games but even once I get a 360, the PS3 will remain my console of choice.
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts
So because Resistance is a FPS, that makes it a Halo rip off :lol:
Titans23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32 Titans23
Member since 2006 • 332 Posts

(Sorry for my spelling. I'm from a non-english speaking land)Korvell88

let me make this statement clear, the ps3 is WORTH the money, techincally, if you bought everything for that's in the ps3 seperatley it would cost a lot more, but i love my ps3 way more than my xbox

freham2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 freham2001
[QUOTE="Korvell88"]

Puscifer_No1

Actually you are a fanboy so do not lie. Everything Scianix-Black highlighted in red tells us everything. And secondly for 400 euros, the PS3 is very worth it considering that 400 euros converted into USD leaves us (I'm not American, but I serve this country and I pay my taxes so it's close enough but probably not to American standards :P) with 536.04932 USD. Now consider this : over here we have to pay taxes on items purchased and taxes vary from state to state, for instance where I live now in Norfolk, Virginia, I pay 5% whereas in Broomfield, Colorado, I used to pay 8.5% and Pensacola, Florida 5.7%. I bought a PS3 in both CO and FL, my first one had to be returned, and both cost me differently, the first being more expensive than the second. Anyways, with the amount you paid for the PS3, it would cover the amount I would pay maybe just covering taxes. So evidently, it is worth the money. Your getting (for the sake of topic's sake) a bluray player, a revolutionary gaming console and a sub-par computer (to some extent since you can up the HDD way beyond 40/60/80/160 GB and you have web access) for 400 euros. Now repeat all that from "Your getting.." to "for 400 euros." to yourself. I've gone through 3 Xbox 360's. Each of them sold or traded in and I've never had any regrets. Hence, after everything I've said, your topic is completely NULL and VOID. Now, would you kindly GTFO.

^^^ This. :) Really TC if you cant find a reason to enjoy your ps3, then im not even sure how you can be enjoying your 360. I mean at the least, you could put the ps3 on the same level as the 360; no more no less. Because its definitely not WORSE. So how can you enjoy your 360 and not the ps3? If the ps3 has the same stuff (minus/plus a few games) then you should have no problem liking your ps3 just as much. Then you factor in all the things Puscifer said....i find it extremely hard to see your disinterest in the ps3.

bigd575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 185

#34 bigd575
Member since 2008 • 6192 Posts
My PS3 was defiantly worth it.
Puscifer_No1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Puscifer_No1
Member since 2006 • 2769 Posts
[QUOTE="Puscifer_No1"][QUOTE="Korvell88"]

freham2001

Actually you are a fanboy so do not lie. Everything Scianix-Black highlighted in red tells us everything. And secondly for 400 euros, the PS3 is very worth it considering that 400 euros converted into USD leaves us (I'm not American, but I serve this country and I pay my taxes so it's close enough but probably not to American standards :P) with 536.04932 USD. Now consider this : over here we have to pay taxes on items purchased and taxes vary from state to state, for instance where I live now in Norfolk, Virginia, I pay 5% whereas in Broomfield, Colorado, I used to pay 8.5% and Pensacola, Florida 5.7%. I bought a PS3 in both CO and FL, my first one had to be returned, and both cost me differently, the first being more expensive than the second. Anyways, with the amount you paid for the PS3, it would cover the amount I would pay maybe just covering taxes. So evidently, it is worth the money. Your getting (for the sake of topic's sake) a bluray player, a revolutionary gaming console and a sub-par computer (to some extent since you can up the HDD way beyond 40/60/80/160 GB and you have web access) for 400 euros. Now repeat all that from "Your getting.." to "for 400 euros." to yourself. I've gone through 3 Xbox 360's. Each of them sold or traded in and I've never had any regrets. Hence, after everything I've said, your topic is completely NULL and VOID. Now, would you kindly GTFO.

^^^ This. :) Really TC if you cant find a reason to enjoy your ps3, then im not even sure how you can be enjoying your 360. I mean at the least, you could put the ps3 on the same level as the 360; no more no less. Because its definitely not WORSE. So how can you enjoy your 360 and not the ps3? If the ps3 has the same stuff (minus/plus a few games) then you should have no problem liking your ps3 just as much. Then you factor in all the things Puscifer said....i find it extremely hard to see your disinterest in the ps3.

Isn't it obvious freham? Genreally a human (in this case a 360 fanboy) will show signs of jealousy by means of slandering or making unnecessary comments (in this case, slandering the PS3 for it "inferiority" to the 360 but really he "means well") ;) ) Does this solve the conundrum? If not I'll give it to you Barney :P He hates the PS3 and is trying to compare it to the 360. I mean honestly freham, I swear that topic Schianix-Black made "I Drew Old Snake" has dumbed you down :roll::lol::P

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#36 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts

First thing i found strange was why the HDMI cabel did not go with it !?YES but HDMI cables are very cheap. under 10 bucks every wear. What is up with that?i dont know I bought it a saturday so i had to wait until
monday before i could get the HDMI cabel Why did you have to wait? you could have bought them the same day. But i got the cabel and was ready to play. As i sat there and played my way trough Uncharted,
with some better graphic than that Try MGS4,look at Killzone2... But anyway.. That's only one game so i tried Resistance 2. What a Halo rip-of Yes on the same note you can say halo is a rip off of doom. Don't get me wrong. I love
Resistance 2 and i enjoyed it very much, but come on.. Find something original thay did..

And as i said with the price difference. With the 360 i got a HDD i could switch with a bigger if i wanted to You mean like you can for ps3?Only with ps3 you can buy any brand HDD up to 500 gigs. i bought a WD 320 gig hdd cheaper than M$ forces people to pay for its over priced 160 gig and i got a ready to use plug'n'play
head-set again you can buy any brand name bluetooth headset instead of what M$ forces you to use.you can find them very cheap . But okay its free to play online on the ps3 and it has the OVER hyped blu-ray drive by overhyped you mean like how it looks alot better than dvd or upscaled dvd? you mean like how it holds tons more data than dvd? so i will give it a chance does not sound like it to me. sounds like you made your mind up before yopu ever bought it wich i dout you even bought one and hope there will be
some games that really uses all the machine power the ps3 there are already games that are useing alot of its power. killzone 2 looks alot better than any thing the 360 every dreamed of. has and gets me feeling it was all the 500 euros worth.Its very aparent that nothing the ps3 could ever do would change your biased opinion. you have over looked so many advanteges that the ps3 has while doing nothing but dismissing the ones you did bring up. over hyped blueray...realy LOL@you fail

(Sorry for my spelling. I'm from a non-english speaking land)Its not your spelling you should fell sorry for ;)

Korvell88
Mr_Ditters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#37 Mr_Ditters
Member since 2008 • 1920 Posts

Dude hdmi cables are super cheap go buy one. But dont get the $60 microsoft one. Get a $4 one.

Go buy the accesories for xbox (wifi, joystick charger cable, xbl) and you will be paying more than for you ps3.

freham2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 freham2001
[QUOTE="freham2001"][QUOTE="Puscifer_No1"]

Puscifer_No1

Isn't it obvious freham? Genreally a human (in this case a 360 fanboy) will show signs of jealousy by means of slandering or making unnecessary comments (in this case, slandering the PS3 for it "inferiority" to the 360 but really he "means well") ;) ) Does this solve the conundrum? If not I'll give it to you Barney :P He hates the PS3 and is trying to compare it to the 360. I mean honestly freham, I swear that topic Schianix-Black made "I Drew Old Snake" has dumbed you down :roll::lol::P

:lol: :lol: i guess it has dumbed me down...all that drawing and staring at the computer screen must have caused some sort of brain damage. I agree with you though, about showing signs of jealousy. In reality he really likes his ps3 more than his 360, but doesnt want to admit it. So instead he makes this thread bashing the ps3 where he believes people will listen and care.

Puscifer_No1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Puscifer_No1
Member since 2006 • 2769 Posts

It's a shame really, people letting themsevles stoop that low to get noticed :lol: But at the end of the day, in all fairness, I could really give two ****'s :lol:

king23_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#40 king23_
Member since 2007 • 18169 Posts
Not a fanboy? Well you sure looked like a fanboy with this post. I mean Resistance 2 is a Halo rip-off? Come on.