This topic is locked from further discussion.

burkenstein100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 burkenstein100
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I have been thinking about getting a PS4 lately but I had an Xbox Last gen, so I was thinking maybe to get a PS3 before to play all the series and games I missed that will probably have sequels on PS4. What do you guys think?

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Sure why not.. By the time your done enjoying the ps3 series you missed out, the ps4 will have a solid library.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Go ahead.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Why do people always forget PS Now? the PS3 library will most likely be available on PS4.

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#5  Edited By mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts

@marcheegsr said:

Sure why not.. By the time your done enjoying the ps3 series you missed out, the ps4 will have a solid library.

This. Both the PS4 and ONE have really small amounts of games, plus they have not hit the first round of good bundles/price cuts. The end of a gen is always the best time to pick up a console you did not have.

MarioFan264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6  Edited By MarioFan264
Member since 2004 • 1025 Posts

Yeah... I really wanted to buy a PS4, but I also missed out on the PS3, and there are number of titles I want to play on the PS3 that are not on the PS4. So it's looking like I'll have to buy a PS3 now, and buy a PS4 later.

The PS4 would be an expensive paperweight for me at this point. Which is a darn shame. I wish I could get both in one.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

It does not really matter. I do not think games existing franchises will be tie in sequels. Killzone Shadow Fall was more of a reboot. I doubt the new Uncharted will be closely tied to the other games. The PS3 trilogy is not really tied together. Resistance was great, but it is dead. Infamous Second Son has almost nothing to do with the PS3 games. I would go for the PS4 right now if I were you. PS Now is supposed to have hundreds of games at launch, and my bet will be that a good bit of those will be first party titles like Killzone, Puppeteer, and Uncharted. If you waited this long to play PS3 games, then two more months will not kill you.

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

I would do your research first, to see if you'd consider any of the exclusives released on PS3 as worth buying the console for. I had a hell of a good time with many of them, but I think most of the sequels that will be released on PS4 will stand on their own just fine so it won't really be necessary to have played the previous releases in order to follow the different stories.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#9 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

At the moment, hold off until Sony presents at E3 to gauge how they're going to handle PSNow streaming and emulation. If the library is scant, then look to get a PS3.

Meanwhile, consider also picking up a DS4. Works for many games when plugged in to the PS3 and it's loads better than the DS3 (albeit battery on the DS3 is unreal).

HowlingLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 HowlingLotus
Member since 2012 • 657 Posts

I bought one a few months before the PS4 came out so I could catch up on all the PS exclusives or console exclusive games. Can't say I've been dissapointed in the least. I already had PS+ from purchasing a VITA a few months prior and I've been able to get a good amount of games off of it and many PS3 games for $20 or less digital or brand new through eBay etc.

I kind of wish I had held off until more was known about PS Now, but I don't plan on getting a PS4 for a few years so not a huge loss for me.