PS Store: where aren't we getting big hit PSOne classics like FF7 or RE?

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ChiefFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 ChiefFreeman
Member since 2005 • 5667 Posts

Am I the only one who isn't more than a bit perplexed about the Playstation stores limited offerings of classic PS One titles? Really Sony, what gives? Where is Final fantasy 7, Resident Evil 2, ChronoCross, Metal Gear solid 1, Gran Turismo? How about adding some of those rare, hard to find ebay darlings like Suikoden 2 or Valkyrie Profile?

Do Capcom and Square Enix have objections to their titles being on the PS store or something? I give Sony credit for putting up Syphon filter, Tekken 2 and CastleVania: Symphony of the Night, but they can really do more. If the titles are going to be limited, at least put up the best ones. The ones that would have the most demand. Don't you think?

TaKtical_SniPa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 TaKtical_SniPa
Member since 2008 • 129 Posts
Yeah I agree. I want to play ChronoCross and FF7, because I never have. There were some really fun PS1 games they could put out there.
RazerOfHellVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 RazerOfHellVII
Member since 2008 • 510 Posts
Yea ik i saw that, but i think Square Enix thinks that people are just going to go out and buy them when the fact of the matter is that they're not really out in stores anymore so i think that they should add some class games back into there. I have all the games u mentioned though so...
Avatar image for elemental_drago
elemental_drago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 elemental_drago
Member since 2004 • 1816 Posts
I'll agree too. It seems like they could really do more with it (I remember the excitement I had over owning the original, not ot mention the slew of titles that arrived for it). They've laid the foundation for something really rather special, but have since kind of gone "eh".
gera34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gera34
Member since 2008 • 343 Posts

Yeah I agree. I want to play ChronoCross and FF7, because I never have. There were some really fun PS1 games they could put out there.TaKtical_SniPa

CC and FF7 really??? omg thous are the worst game ever... thats why they dont make it...

RazerOfHellVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RazerOfHellVII
Member since 2008 • 510 Posts

I'll agree too. It seems like they could really do more with it (I remember the excitement I had over owning the original, not ot mention the slew of titles that arrived for it). They've laid the foundation for something really rather special, but have since kind of gone "eh".elemental_drago

Same here, i was really excited when i got mine, and there were alot of title for it as well, but they need to add em all back into the PSN

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#7 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

Final fantasy will not be in the store, so just go buy it.

PS: If you guys want ff7, cc & re...why not just go buy them? Stop depending on the store to deliver these and then complain about the store being wack when you can just buy them.

blabony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 blabony
Member since 2002 • 38 Posts

100% agree !!!

I would kill to play some old rpg games like ff7 , 8 and 9 ..... chrono cross and many more .....

btw .... i think i saw biohazard 2 (RE2) ... in the japanese PSN !!! hopfully we'll see it soon .... althogh i guess horror games is all about visuals / sounds .... and it would not be as scary now as it used to be back then !!! but it has an amazing story , it would be nice to go through it again thogh !!!

rben21232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rben21232
Member since 2007 • 568 Posts
yeah i really think we should get some more classics, because i was too young at the time to appreciate FF7 when i played it so i would really like to play it again....hope sony releases some more games soon
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts
Well, I'll put it this way. I've seen the PS1 titles on the JP PSN store. WE HAVE NOTHING. We've got crap titles that nobody really cares about, that you can easily find in a bargin bin even at pawn shops for 2.99. Or like those "clearance games" at Walmart that are 2 for $5. Like you see a thousand copies of NHL 2002 for Gameboy Advance or something lol
rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts
I'm sure they are trying to work something out, they would make lots of money so it is a win-win.
TaKtical_SniPa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TaKtical_SniPa

You make it sound like he's complaining about something big. Sony if offering a service for PS3 users and them offering ps1 classic games on the store is and should be used. Nobody is complaining, because if i wanted a game badly enough I would go buy it. Nobody said the store was wack, but if there's enough demand for games on the store, then why not put them on there, its a service.

PS: If you guys want ff7, cc & re...why not just go buy them? Stop depending on the store to deliver these and then complain about the store being wack when you can just buy them.

MusashiSensi
TaKtical_SniPa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TaKtical_SniPa

Yeah, i prolly will never play them...and don't really have a urge to do so any time soon. Never really like Final Fantasy.

[QUOTE="TaKtical_SniPa"]Yeah I agree. I want to play ChronoCross and FF7, because I never have. There were some really fun PS1 games they could put out there.gera34

CC and FF7 really??? omg thous are the worst game ever... thats why they dont make it...

kaigani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kaigani
Member since 2004 • 50 Posts

Sony has to renew the licenses for old PSx games in order to sell them on PSN. They have to renegotiate deals with the games publishers. Im sure sony would like to get the older games out on the PSN but they have to go through negotiations to have the right to get the games out and available to the public.

henry4th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 henry4th
Member since 2003 • 1180 Posts

Sony has to renew the licenses for old PSx games in order to sell them on PSN. They have to renegotiate deals with the games publishers. Im sure sony would like to get the older games out on the PSN but they have to go through negotiations to have the right to get the games out and available to the public.

kaigani

I have both ps3 and wii. I prefer ps3 in almost everyway except the lack of retro games. Wii has so many retro games on it, don't tell me that they don't have to negotiate deals with game publishers. Why can't ps3 match what wii gives to its users? I bet both sony and the producers can make more money if they offer more retro games.

Crono trigger is something I want the most. I've never played the original one, and it will cost me to find it (both in term of money and time) on ebay than if I can get it from psn.

kaigani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kaigani
Member since 2004 • 50 Posts
[QUOTE="kaigani"]

henry4th

I have both ps3 and wii. I prefer ps3 in almost everyway except the lack of retro games. Wii has so many retro games on it, don't tell me that they don't have to negotiate deals with game publishers. Why can't ps3 match what wii gives to its users? I bet both sony and the producers can make more money if they offer more retro games.

Crono trigger is something I want the most. I've never played the original one, and it will cost me to find it (both in term of money and time) on ebay than if I can get it from psn.

I have both as well. Well i dont know for sure about the licensing for the wii. I read an article about the PSN and that is what it said in the article. IF i had the link i would post it but i dont.

The wii does have alot of retro games. But i think they have to do the same type of licensing as Sony does. For instance, I believe Mario Rpg is beening held up because of licensing problems with its developer Square. I read on wikipedia that it was supposed to be released months ago.

Warriorboy1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#17 Warriorboy1990
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts
Yes, I want Sony to put FF7, FF8, Legend of Dragoon, Resident Evi, etc. in the PSN store. I think it would be a great idea.
KohlscheeN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 KohlscheeN
Member since 2004 • 218 Posts
I think alundra is coming. Thats a good game :)
hermes200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 hermes200
Member since 2003 • 1627 Posts

You will feel worst if you see the japanese store... They have MGS 1, RE and a lot of other games classic games.

I would probably not buy all of them, but I think is a pity that THE SAME service does not offer things they already have in other countries. It would cost them nothing, as it seems they already have that licencing figured out. As those games are no longer on sale, it wouldn't cost publishers either...

And, to people complaining about "why don't you just buy them?"... Those games are not available in stores and, have you seen how much those games cost on ebay? Here is a clue, it is cheaper to buy a new PS3... And then just pray that the game you bought doesn't have a scratch on it. Too much trouble for a game that could be downloaded in a few hours if it were on the store.

sunkcontrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sunkcontrol
Member since 2006 • 368 Posts

I think alundra is coming. Thats a good game :)KohlscheeN

An amazing game .... if true that'll keep me happy ... How do you know this?

1uP_OnYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 1uP_OnYou
Member since 2008 • 3183 Posts

I read on IGN that Suikoden will be coming to PSN.

KohlscheeN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 KohlscheeN

I saw it on this list. Don't know if its true, but i hope it is :D

This list

Tlahui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Tlahui
Member since 2005 • 1552 Posts

STOP!

GRAMMAR TIME!

KohlscheeN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 KohlscheeN
riceboyzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 riceboyzz
Member since 2004 • 138 Posts

Am I the only one who isn't more than a bit perplexed about the Playstation stores limited offerings of classic PS One titles? Really Sony, what gives? Where is Final fantasy 7, Resident Evil 2, ChronoCross, Metal Gear solid 1, Gran Turismo? How about adding some of those rare, hard to find ebay darlings like Suikoden 2 or Valkyrie Profile?

Do Capcom and Square Enix have objections to their titles being on the PS store or something? I give Sony credit for putting up Syphon filter, Tekken 2 and CastleVania: Symphony of the Night, but they can really do more. If the titles are going to be limited, at least put up the best ones. The ones that would have the most demand. Don't you think?

ChiefFreeman

doesn't really matter to me cuz i still have most of those on the shelve haha

Cyberfairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Cyberfairy
Member since 2003 • 5180 Posts

I agree. I want to try out some games I missed; like Alundra.

Supabul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 Supabul
Member since 2004 • 4266 Posts

Sony needs to start delivering more classic psone games, whats on offer is a joke.If your into Retro gaming, the Wii VC is excellent

N64, NES, SNES, Genesis, Master System, Neo Geo, TurboGrafx 16, Commodore 64 and with rumores of the sega Saturn coming, Panzer Dragoon Saga, yes please.

Marked_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Marked_Man
Member since 2003 • 236 Posts
I don't understand it either.I doubt that they have much control over the 3rd party games,but they should have already added the first party games like Tomba,Ape Escape,Alundra (missed that one) and Omega Boost.It's like they just don't give damn.If I remember correctly,Re1 & 2 are both on the Japanese store.
thattotally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 thattotally
Member since 2008 • 3842 Posts

I must say, considering the ps3 has such a weak rpg library (incredibly weak!) you'd think that Sony would get those retro games out for release. I mean, who wouldnt want to be playing the Final Fantasies or say Chrono Cross while waiting for games like Final Fantasy 13, White Knight Story, etc etc.

Sony need to get their act together to encourage companies like Square Enix to put their great games on the PSN store. Day by day I'm regretting my purchase of the ps3, with so little that Sony is currently doing for us.

Of course, with that said, it's surprising (and rather annoying) that PS1 games are still being sold in stores. Take FF 8 and 9, they're still commonly found and I believe they're actually still in production for heaven's sakes!!! Companies like the greedy Square Enix seem to find that putting it on the PSN store would reduce sales unlike actual copies that are selling for like $300+ for stuff like FF 7. talk about overrated.

and plus it's the inconvenience of looking everywhere for the games, as well as being unfortunate enough to not live in the states where it's much easier to get these titles than... other places. having games up for download (even if it's the same price as average PS1 games or more) would cut the hassle so much

then again why would Sony want to make their customers happy and all right? they made quite a bit of profit with the ps2 and that seems to be enough for them... :|

jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jeremiah06
Member since 2004 • 7217 Posts

MusashiSensi
ok well direct me to a store where i can pick these up and i will happly buy them because no store in my city has these games or ff8 or ff9 or fftactics i wat to play all of these and would buy them in a heart beat if thesy were in the ps store
jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jeremiah06
Member since 2004 • 7217 Posts

I agree. I want to try out some games I missed; like Alundra.

Cyberfairy

yea there is a lot of ps1 games i missed that were great games

MorkkiTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 6

#32 MorkkiTH
Member since 2005 • 828 Posts
Yes why not?! I would like to see FF7,8 and 9. Also MGS1 and 2 would be great.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Yes why not?! I would like to see FF7,8 and 9. Also MGS1 and 2 would be great.MorkkiTH

Um, MGS2 is not a PS1 game lol

coochie_kuta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 coochie_kuta
Member since 2003 • 660 Posts
so if sony wanted to put a game it published and developed through one of its teams on the store it would have to negotiate a license with who? itself?
hermes200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 hermes200
Member since 2003 • 1627 Posts

I saw it on this list. Don't know if its true, but i hope it is :D

This list KohlscheeN
That list is just going to make more people angry... So many games available, none of them in english... Why!!?? :(

I actually don't understand this. They have the games, they already released them... Do they think americans don't like Resident Evil 2? Or japanese don't like Castlevania: SotN?

DSPX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DSPX
Member since 2004 • 585 Posts

I solved the Resident Evil problem by getting a used Gamecube for $30. Now I have all 6 of the Resident Evil games. The great thing about the Gamecube versions (except RE Zero and RE4) is that you can use the Type C control configuration, where you move forward by holding down the R trigger, which makes maneuverability MUCH easier. I also got the Gamecube so I could have Eternal Darkness, which is still one of my favorite games of all time.

Now, the only thing I need from the Playstation Store is the original Silent Hill. I went to look for one on Amazon, but the used copies start at $50, which is ridiculous.

GUNpoint_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 GUNpoint_
Member since 2008 • 1964 Posts
they probably won't put them for a while due to the high demand the games have. but then again, if you buy FF7 off of some guy on Ebay for $70, that money isn't going towards SE. so who knows? might happen sooner or later.
Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#38 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12304 Posts

ChiefFreeman

Those games are on the Japanese Playstation Store, but i agree with you. Everytime there is a PS Store update, I go to the PLaystation Network Blog and write "I want more PS1 Classics ... plz"

phoenyx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 phoenyx9
Member since 2006 • 2444 Posts
I got tired of waiting for FF VII and RE 2, so I just got them thru the goozex game trading site. They came in the mail this week. :D
KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 KH-mixerX
Member since 2007 • 5702 Posts

MusashiSensi

Easier said than done my friend. Go to your local... wait, better yet, go to any store in the entire city you live in and see if you can find FF7, CC, or Valkyrie Profile. Have fun:lol:.

phoenyx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 phoenyx9
[QUOTE="MusashiSensi"]

KH-mixerX

Easier said than done my friend. Go to your local... wait, better yet, go to any store in the entire city you live in and see if you can find FF7, CC, or Valkyrie Profile. Have fun:lol:.

Actually it's not as hard as you think. After about a year of trying to get FF VII off of ebay (I refused to spend more than $60 for a used copy). I joined goozex and traded in a bunch of stuff I had lying around and got 1000 pts (about $50). I requested FF VII and had it in my hands two weeks later.

Thetaguru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Thetaguru
Member since 2006 • 1394 Posts

I must say, considering the ps3 has such a weak rpg library (incredibly weak!) you'd think that Sony would get those retro games out for release. I mean, who wouldnt want to be playing the Final Fantasies or say Chrono Cross while waiting for games like Final Fantasy 13, White Knight Story, etc etc.thattotally

I really agree to this statement. One of the main reasons I decided to stick with Playstation and go to the PS3 instead of XBox was due to RPG's. So far Oblivion and Folklore are the only two out (and they are action instead of traditional). Some of us need our RPG fix! Square needs to stop remaking all the great Final Fantasy and DragonQuest games for the DS and give us PS3 owners some lovin.

SURFERBOY313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SURFERBOY313
Member since 2007 • 28 Posts
I want xenogears
phoenyx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 phoenyx9

I want xenogears SURFERBOY313

me too.

Kaine666_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Kaine666_2
Member since 2006 • 474 Posts
???? we paid for the ps3 so why cant we demand what goes in the store?
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
Well I dont really want many PS1 games but would like IQ which is on the Japan store and for some weird reason I want Parapa the Rapa.
ChiefFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#47 ChiefFreeman
Member since 2005 • 5667 Posts

I don't understand it either.I doubt that they have much control over the 3rd party games,but they should have already added the first party games like Tomba,Ape Escape,Alundra (missed that one) and Omega Boost.It's like they just don't give damn.If I remember correctly,Re1 & 2 are both on the Japanese store.Marked_Man

Yea, Tomba is another harder to find classic. how about Skullmonkeys, or the Abes Oddworld titles. How about Klonoa or Soul Blade. Those are some cool old PS games.

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MusashiSensi
[QUOTE="MusashiSensi"]

jeremiah06

ok well direct me to a store where i can pick these up and i will happly buy them because no store in my city has these games or ff8 or ff9 or fftactics i wat to play all of these and would buy them in a heart beat if thesy were in the ps store

Amazon.com.

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 MusashiSensi
[QUOTE="MusashiSensi"]

KH-mixerX

Well, I bought my chrono cross again from a store in canal street (Chinatown) & saw valkyrie & ff7 there chilling....with more than one copy. Said & done.

henry4th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50 henry4th
Member since 2003 • 1180 Posts
[QUOTE="KH-mixerX"][QUOTE="MusashiSensi"]

MusashiSensi

Well, I bought my chrono cross again from a store in canal street (Chinatown) & saw valkyrie & ff7 there chilling....with more than one copy. Said & done.

THis is only because you live in a city with chinatown (got to love chinatown), but most poeple don't live in a city with chinatown. Where do they get the copy?