POLL: ONE game that will change the future of the PSP forever.

• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

B-bad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 0

#51 B-bad
Member since 2002 • 5705 Posts
right now the psp has an identity crisis. its trying to be a console with all these sequals to successful franchises, but it really needs game that are more portable and with fresh new ideas, the best game on the psp right now to display these qualities is locoroco. :)standcm12
LocoRoco just didn't really interest me after playing the demos but a game like Crush may do the trick! Really dont think the PSP has a identity crisis it is what it is ....... A portable Playstation What kind of games do people think Sony was going to push on their platform!
mac906

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 mac906
Member since 2005 • 22536 Posts
I think when the God of War game comes out for the PSP, a lot of people will want to get one for themselves.
rockydog1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#53 rockydog1111
Member since 2006 • 2079 Posts
Castlevania Bloodlines. That game is why I am getting a PSP. I will buy other games of course but that is the game I am so looking forward to.
B-bad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 B-bad
Castlevania Bloodlines. That game is why I am getting a PSP. I will buy other games of course but that is the game I am so looking forward to.rockydog1111
WOW in my God of War hype I forgot to include this ...... I'm also looking forward to Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles which comes with and 3d updated Rondo blood, and the classic SoTN.
lamech777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 lamech777
Member since 2006 • 449 Posts
The title of this post should have been "WHAT" will change the future of the PSP forever. The answer: Nintendo producing titles (Mario, Zelda, etc.) available for play on the PsP. It wouldn't be much of a gaming war anymore (boo-hoo:() but I bet sales would go through the roof.
piemister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#56 piemister
Member since 2006 • 604 Posts
god of war im looking forward to that
Col_Swamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57 Col_Swamp
Member since 2006 • 937 Posts
i would agree with the many who have stated that GOW:CO will be what boosts the psp. i would also like to see maybe a remake of the original MSX versions of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 on the psp. could you imagine all the MGS freaks who would be lined up to buy a psp if they re-did those 2 games?!
gokuofheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 gokuofheaven
Member since 2004 • 3452 Posts
 i have to go with FF:Crisis Core...even though i'm not really that interested in it... pushing the PSP to it's limits and opening up new doors for other titles to start recognizing the PSP's power they can take advantage of.
ArkansasBoy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#59 ArkansasBoy91
Member since 2006 • 2430 Posts

That's Easy God of War: Chains of Olypums when that game drops there will be many people getting PSP. B-bad
I agree.

See. The Wii is selling for many reasons. Motion sensory,LOZ TP, and other exclusive titles. For PSP to even come clost to getting as pop as Wii, it will have to do more then what its doing right now. it will need a better firmware with ALLOT AND ALLOT OF GREAT STUFF AVAILABLE even if you have to pay $50 to get it. And with GOW,and Gran turismo,SW Battlefront psp coming, that makes it another to get reason.and if they Released a ONLY EXCLUSIVE GTA GAME that would make the sells really great.. See they screwed up when they put GTA LCS and VCS on PS2, because ps2 owners are like Oh screw the psp to get the new gtas we can get em on PS2!!!!.. But i the PSP needs a GTA in a diffrent location,New Character OR Bring back vercetti . That would SELL LIKE CRAAZYYYY. but i think easily that the Exclusive GOW, and SW battlefront will make it sell . I dunno if the new GT is exclusive for PSP or not.. But a Only exclusive GTA with or without vercetti would be a terrific seller and would sell psp's by 3X if not more

adept06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 adept06
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Ok, everyone is ranting about GoW it seems, but for me, I think it has nothing to do with any of those games.  Ya, they will help, but all the game is, is a simple port, with a few extra features.  Sony needs to think portable.  This sort of ties in with what other members have said.  The PSP needs an exclusive title, but not like Jak 4, or something, they need an exclusive game thats never been seen before, and make it that good of a game that people will buy a PSP just for that one game. 

They dont have all these features on the PSP already for nothing...MP3 player, MP4 player, Internet...Yes it is a bit cumbersome, but most of the time, Im using my PSP for music, not just games.  That is what the PSP has and other portable systems dont.  I think sony has to put more emphasise(sp?) on more than just games..more of a portable multimedia experience..And seeing as they released an 8GB memory card, you can have a iPOD nano, that plays PS games, PSP Games, and other things that arent supposed to be mentioned here :P  Once Sony puts an emphasise(Sp?) on a multi-functional handheld, and not just a gaming machine, sales will increase, but also i do have to agree that better games will also increase sales.

So really i think once people get it into their minds that the PSP does more than just play games, the sales will slowly increase... 

kart006k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 kart006k
Member since 2004 • 124 Posts
For me It would be Grand Turismo Mobile or God of War.
Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#62 Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts

To people that do not yet own a PSP, God of War and Gran Turismo are still just "miniaturized" versions of the PS2 releases.  They will not drive PSP sales when a very similar game can be bought on the consoles.

The PSP needs exclusives that are different enough from PS2 games to make people feel the need to get a PSP if they want that experience.  PS2 currently has 2 God of War games, both REALLY great.  Why would someone bother getting a PSP to play God of War again?

This is why the PSP is failing.  Not enough unique/exclusive titles.

Locoroco was a step in the right direction.  Too bad we have not seen more of these types of games.  Sony should do everything they can to keep Locoroco off the PS2/PS3 and make it a PSP only title.

A_FITZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#63 A_FITZ
Member since 2006 • 398 Posts

Resident Evil Outbreak Sequel to the PSP : D : D

Id love this.., it was an awsome online multiplayer game for the PS2, I loved both Outbreaks file 1 and 2.

Maybe possibly they could be either a sequel which was online like both of them, OR a render of both with bonus features characters and new things with extra further scenarios. 

skye144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 skye144
Member since 2006 • 832 Posts

final fantasy tactics

Avatar image for fatzombiepigeon
fatzombiepigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#65 fatzombiepigeon
Member since 2005 • 8199 Posts

:lol:

I really want a PSP, but outsell the Wii and DS every month?
Only in the most insane of Sony fanboy's minds would that EVER happen, for any more than a period of five, six months, at the most. That can and most likely will happen, but it will never manage a game that can get that to last.

The hype just won't be there.

I am excited about many titles, namely Harvest Moon: Boy and Girl, supposed to be coming out this year, after Innocent Life(Dumb looking game, I want Boy/Girl).

As for sales, probably Crisis Core.

ravemaster_866

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#66 ravemaster_866
Member since 2006 • 407 Posts
Any remake of a great PS2 or PS1 game. That will change our PSP world.
Avatar image for ThePhantomGamer
ThePhantomGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 ThePhantomGamer
Member since 2005 • 1816 Posts
Maybe a Marvel Vs Capcom 2 port.
theforeverwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 theforeverwar
Member since 2004 • 125 Posts
maybe "heartland", the game david jaffe was directing, would have been a killer app. A awesome game would be a game developed by "Team Ico", the developers of Ico & Shadow of the Colossus developers.
nowhatisthat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 nowhatisthat
Member since 2003 • 231 Posts

To people that do not yet own a PSP, God of War and Gran Turismo are still just "miniaturized" versions of the PS2 releases.  They will not drive PSP sales when a very similar game can be bought on the consoles.

The PSP needs exclusives that are different enough from PS2 games to make people feel the need to get a PSP if they want that experience.  PS2 currently has 2 God of War games, both REALLY great.  Why would someone bother getting a PSP to play God of War again?

Locoroco was a step in the right direction.  Too bad we have not seen more of these types of games.  Sony should do everything they can to keep Locoroco off the PS2/PS3 and make it a PSP only title.

Bgrngod

Do some research on God of War it is not a "miniaturized" version of God of War or God of War 2 it is a completely different game with a completely different story line.  People who like God of War 1 and 2 will buy this version because they want the whole story, and they can't get it without buying COO.  

What is your definition of failing?

Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Bgrngod
[QUOTE="Bgrngod"]

nowhatisthat

Do some research on God of War it is not a "miniaturized" version of God of War or God of War 2 it is a completely different game with a completely different story line.  People who like God of War 1 and 2 will buy this version because they want the whole story, and they can't get it without buying COO.  

I know darn well it's not a miniaturized version of the God of War console games.  That is not the point.  The point is that consumers that may see ads for it or see it on a store shelf might just assume it is.

Don't assume that just because YOU know about a game that everyone else does, or that they will take the time to find out more after initially dismissing it.

nowhatisthat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 nowhatisthat
[QUOTE="nowhatisthat"][QUOTE="Bgrngod"]

Bgrngod

I know darn well it's not a miniaturized version of the God of War console games.  That is not the point.  The point is that consumers that may see ads for it or see it on a store shelf might just assume it is.

Don't assume that just because YOU know about a game that everyone else does, or that they will take the time to find out more after initially dismissing it.

You shouldn't assume that because you feel like most PSP games are "minaturized"  versions of console games or ports that most consumers are going to feel that way as well.  If most people are casuals and don't know as much about games as the hardcore fans and they see ad for a game that has a different name than their console counterparts such as Portable Ops, Dark Ressurection, and Chains of Olympus, then their logical response would be to see it as a new game or a game that is different then Tekken 4, God of War 2, and Subistence.  Don't assume because you are close minded and dismiss something as just another port, that others will as well.  And believe it or not some people may actual like ports of Ps2 games, because it gives them the chance to play a PS2 game that they love anywhere anytime, instead of being limited to just their entertainment center at home.  

Jak1161

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Jak1161
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I dont really know wat is te best game but i think monster hunter freedom 2 (eu) might be a big hit !!
LeviHohenfeldt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#73 LeviHohenfeldt
Member since 2007 • 862 Posts
In my opinion Metal Gear Portable Ops is that game. It is great with the soldier recuirt and online mode all packed into the little UMD!
damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 damann22
Member since 2004 • 7655 Posts

God of War or even FF:VII CC

B-bad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 B-bad
[QUOTE="Bgrngod"][QUOTE="nowhatisthat"][QUOTE="Bgrngod"]

nowhatisthat

Do some research on God of War it is not a "miniaturized" version of God of War or God of War 2 it is a completely different game with a completely different story line. People who like God of War 1 and 2 will buy this version because they want the whole story, and they can't get it without buying COO.

What is your definition of failing?

I know darn well it's not a miniaturized version of the God of War console games. That is not the point. The point is that consumers that may see ads for it or see it on a store shelf might just assume it is.

You shouldn't assume that because you feel like most PSP games are "miniaturized" versions of console games or ports that most consumers are going to feel that way as well. If most people are casuals and don't know as much about games as the hardcore fans and they see ad for a game that has a different name than their console counterparts such as Portable Ops, Dark Ressurection, and Chains of Olympus, then their logical response would be to see it as a new game or a game that is different then Tekken 4, God of War 2, and Subistence. Don't assume because you are close minded and dismiss something as just another port, that others will as well. And believe it or not some people may actual like ports of Ps2 games, because it gives them the chance to play a PS2 game that they love anywhere anytime, instead of being limited to just their entertainment center at home.

that's true just look at PoP: Two Thrones and PoP: Rival Swords if you saw these two different titles and didnt know about either you may think they are 2 different games when in-fact Rival Swords is an enhanced port of Two Thrones. Fans of God of War waiting for the next God of War game on PS2/PS3 may see this as a stop gap and want to pick it up. It is a new version of the series just like Portable Ops added a new chapter in the MGS story.

Yes original new content is something the PSP is in need of and there are games to fill that need Loco Roco, the upcoming Crush, are staples of new games taking shape on the PSP.

A growing library of game is going to improve the PSP and big name titles are what get attention and draws fans. People may not know what Crush, Jeanne D' Arc, Hot Brain or PQ2 are, but they hear FF: Crisis Core, GoW: Chain of Olympus, Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow, Parappa the Rapper, Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles and they know what they are in for.

Yes its great to have a collection of new IP's on any system but keeping and expanding on familiar franchise is also a plus! 

Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Bgrngod

You shouldn't assume that because you feel like most PSP games are "minaturized"  versions of console games or ports that most consumers are going to feel that way as well.  If most people are casuals and don't know as much about games as the hardcore fans and they see ad for a game that has a different name than their console counterparts such as Portable Ops, Dark Ressurection, and Chains of Olympus, then their logical response would be to see it as a new game or a game that is different then Tekken 4, God of War 2, and Subistence.  Don't assume because you are close minded and dismiss something as just another port, that others will as well.  And believe it or not some people may actual like ports of Ps2 games, because it gives them the chance to play a PS2 game that they love anywhere anytime, instead of being limited to just their entertainment center at home.  nowhatisthat

You didn't even read my response did you?  I clearly stated that I know darn well they are not miniaturized versions of the console games.

I am saying that most people will probably assume they are.

Good job.  Try reading next time.

mlisette23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 mlisette23
Member since 2004 • 354 Posts
Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core:)
Wielgoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Wielgoz
Member since 2007 • 300 Posts
[QUOTE="Wielgoz"][QUOTE="zdetton"][QUOTE="Wielgoz"]

an entirely new game that is all online. where you would form a party wihtsoem ppl and have to make a base. it would be liek resedent evil and there are zombies that you ahve to keep out of your fort and then you team woul have to go attack other ppls forts to gain suppies for your own and evetually you would have an awsoem fort wiht sweet defenses and you oculs also go otu and search buildings for supplies and weapons:P BIG idea........ or you could go on single palyer to buld up yourt fort or base and get supplies then take it online with soem ppl to battle another persons fort. it would be in liek downtown of soem place and it would be dark and there would be like cars lit on fire and zombies walking around so you would have to worry aobut you enemies and the zombies:P im a thinker i should copy right this

zdetton

I think you should worry about your spelling before you go trying to copyright a game.

LOL thnks for contributing to the thread, you really helped out with the disscustion by badgering some one with spelling mistakes. liek wow does it really ******* matter how someone spells something. o wait your just a **** who has no imagination and cant think of anything meaning ful to say that could contribute to the thread so he goes around talking aobut peoples spelling......Get a life
NOOB!!!!!

You're calling me a "noob" when it's obvious you haven't actually read the thread. Go back and read the conversation before you post, then you'll see just how much I have contributed prior to my "badgering".

P.S: The edit was to go back and highlight his spelling errors in his reply to my initial post. 

what are you tyalking about the thread asks what one game would change it it doesnt say anything about it being one of the games in the poll ya dick hole
ArchAngel2284

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 ArchAngel2284
Member since 2003 • 1120 Posts
i think crisis core could help boost sales. and maybe ff dissidia when that comes out, like probably next year i'm guessing.
nowhatisthat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 nowhatisthat

[QUOTE="nowhatisthat"]You shouldn't assume that because you feel like most PSP games are "minaturized"  versions of console games or ports that most consumers are going to feel that way as well.  If most people are casuals and don't know as much about games as the hardcore fans and they see ad for a game that has a different name than their console counterparts such as Portable Ops, Dark Ressurection, and Chains of Olympus, then their logical response would be to see it as a new game or a game that is different then Tekken 4, God of War 2, and Subistence.  Don't assume because you are close minded and dismiss something as just another port, that others will as well.  And believe it or not some people may actual like ports of Ps2 games, because it gives them the chance to play a PS2 game that they love anywhere anytime, instead of being limited to just their entertainment center at home.  Bgrngod

You didn't even read my response did you?  I clearly stated that I know darn well they are not miniaturized versions of the console games.

I am saying that most people will probably assume they are.

Good job.  Try reading next time.

What makes you think that people will assume that games with completely different titles such as Portable Ops, Dark Ressurection, and Chains of Olympus,

will be ports of games from the PS2 and so forth. What evidence or premise are you basing that assumption on?

Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Bgrngod

What makes you think that people will assume that games with completely different titles such as Portable Ops, Dark Ressurection, and Chains of Olympus, will be ports of games from the PS2 and so forth. What evidence or premise are you basing that assumption on?nowhatisthat
Because the names of those games actually start something like this:

Metal Gear Solid

Tekken

God of War

Consumers are familiar with putting a sub-title on a franchise in all kinds of formats.  Movies, Books, TV, Comics, Music, Websites even do it.  They are also familiar with getting burned by getting more of the exact same when they buy into these sub-titled products.

You and I know enough about the console games and the PSP games that we will probably be happy with the differences between them.  But then again you and I are posting on a gaming website, so we probably know quite a bit more about these games then anyone who first sees the game as a box on a shelf.  I know enough about these games to know now that I will probably be satisfied with my purchases after they get released.  But for anyone who hasn't done research and is just touring the game rack at the store, they will see all of these PSP games with the same titles on them as PS2 games.

And realistically, how different are these games from their console versions?  Not that hugely different.  If they were, then the developers would get all kinds of backlash for departing from the franchises familiarity too much.  Again, you and I can appreciate the differences, most consumers can not.  Most people that buy video games do not visit gaming websites.  They hear about a games popularity through word of mouth, or they see a lot of advertising for one.  Or their kid asks for it for whatever reason.  "Hey little Timmy, why don't we just get you the PS2 God of War game since you already have a PS2?" (completely ignoring the fact it's rated M for Mature, but the point is there).

RawhideSphinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 RawhideSphinx
Member since 2004 • 527 Posts
Same game that got the XBOX 360 going, Oblivion. period.